AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Oath Stoned said:

So has anyone tried the knight incantor as an ally? I imagine the the auto dispel would be nice. Also endless spell can help dispossessed quite a bit. Cogs to make us faster or the twin tail comet to expand our no-go area? Or force out hiding enemy caster?

Yeah i tried it a couple of time! He's good, don't get me wrong, but i think he adds very low quality to our dispel capability and no really needed endless. I tried cogs, vortex and cogs, tho....the comet could be huge! 

It's in the "to try" list like a bagilions other allies options! Let me know if you have success with him!

• Thanks 1

I have a question regarding the clan banners that most Dispossessed infantry can take. It says "If you fail a battleshock test for a unit that has any standard bearers, halve the number of models that flee (rounding up)." Does this mean if I have a dwarf unit that would potentially lose 1 model to battleshock that I reduce it by 0.5 and round back up to 1, meaning the 1 model doesn't flee?

1 hour ago, Clise said:

I have a question regarding the clan banners that most Dispossessed infantry can take. It says "If you fail a battleshock test for a unit that has any standard bearers, halve the number of models that flee (rounding up)." Does this mean if I have a dwarf unit that would potentially lose 1 model to battleshock that I reduce it by 0.5 and round back up to 1, meaning the 1 model doesn't flee?

If you round up and end up at 1, then 1 model flees. You can never get below 1 with rounding up. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clise said:

You're rounding up to get the number of models that flee, not the ones that don't. This means that you would lose the 1 Warrior in this case.

I just finished a game vs Ironjawz and tested two big 30-chaps units of Hammerers, the list was:

Warden King (resilient-pickaxe)

Runelord

Runelord

Grimwrath Berzerker

30 hammerers

30 hammerers

20 ironbreakers 

20 irondrakes

10 longbeards

We played with 1 objective in every corner, the friendly ones gave 1 point, the opponent's ones 3 points.

I forced him to waste his turns 1 and 2 screening my hammerers and treating a countercharge. In my turn 2 I pickaxed 30 hammerers on his objective and took 5 points in the #3 turn.

He then destroyes one side with 4x waaagh but a running longbeard survivor secured a 3 points objective in the last turn and sealed the game.

I won out of some errors by the Orcs player but the test was good, two units of hammerers are scary to play against in an only melee game; ten brute with 4 waaagh did around 50 unsaved wound to them, you need to play chess with your units and get the best scenario possible. I need to try a 20chaps +30 chaps, two 30 units cost way too much..

I know my elite-lists are strange and not very competitive but i hope my testing are interesting to you all ?

• Like 6

Hi people, I'm just starting with Dispossessed and would like to try a 1000 point list. After reading old posts and searching a bit of info I've come with this list:

Allegiance: Dispossessed
- Grudge: Shoddy Craftsmanship

Leaders
Runelord (100)
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Grudgebearer 
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Ironbreakers (280)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields

Units
20 x Irondrakes (360)

Total: 1040 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 80 / 200
Wounds: 66

I know it's 1040 points, but we normally play with some points more in my area. Anyway, if needed I can leave the Grimwrath Berzerker. For the moment I'm not intereseted in more than 1000 points, so what do you think of it for a starter?

A few questions from a beardling who is just getting started with Dispossessed:

1. I've seen people include which Grudge they pick as part of their army list, but it doesn't need to be picked until the battle starts (doesn't it? I don't have the ghb infront of me) So we should be able to pick a grudge that matches our opponent?
  2. For Warriors, on the face of it the 2hw have a better stat line, but given the to-wound rerolls when attacking in the opponents turn, does the math work out better for 1hw or 2? Has a statistically inclined person out there worked it out? (For Longbeards it seems even more clear to always take 2hw  + shields, doesn't it?)
  3. Mobility seems to be the  major issue in the army list. The Pickaxe looks as if it should help, but otherwise it looks as if allies are needed to get the army moving. I'm looking at Gyrocoptors/Bombers initially, but has anyone tried using KO gunboats? Anything else?
  4. The lack of wizards (in an age of endless spells!) seems to be another issue. Seems a shame that the only allied wizard available is the Stormcast. Is he essential  for keeping Endless Spells at bay or are a few Runelords enough?

@Leonhart040 that looks like a decent list, I’m sure others will comment on it as well, but my only complaint is that I rarely find a use for ironbreakers. Don’t get me wrong they’re great at what they do but I would just rather take warriors most of the time, especially at 1000 points, you don’t have that many wounds on the board, my current 1000 point list has 100 wounds to it.

@Toddy

1) Yes

2) Warriors with 2HW + Shield is awesome

3) We are very slow yes, I have not tried any of this kharadron overlords ships, I’ve heard they are all overpriced for what they can do.

4) I’m not sure but I don’t think that runelord s can get rid of endless spells, they only unwind spells, while to get rid of endless spells they must be dispelled, which can only be done by wizards. I think this is the case I’m not 100% sure, but if you’re worried about endless spells than a wizard wouldn’t be a bad idea, and bringing the cogs can really speed up our army.

@Leonhart040 I would drop the Grimwrath for a 2# Runelord, with 2 Runelord it does not matter what units you bring, all can become Hammer, all can become Anvil :) By the way i like your list; if you plan to play casually it's good, if you want to compete i recommend some max regiment of warriors or cheap shooter to flood the board with wounds.

@Toddy  Ragnar Alpaca answered pretty much all your questions. The Runelord cannot remove active endless spell but can try to unbind them when casted.

About the Kharadron ship i have them (i have a full kharadron army) and they really suckm out of KO allegiance. The only KO models that i would bring as ally are the skywardens and the endrinriggers! ;)

• Thanks 1

So I've converted my Thorek & Anvil into a Cellestial Hurricanum.  The +1 to hit and no nonsense Mortal Wound output from the Storm really give the army a nice boost.  The Storm attacks feel quite a bit like the old Wrath & Ruin effect honestly.  Makes the Anvil worth putting back into my army this way.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 5

@jpf1982 Looks great! An alternate animal would look amazing. Rams or maybe a single bear. Or a pile of slave goblins pulling it.

Loose throne bearers from ebay are already posed. so you could have dwarfs pulling it by chains over their shoulders. But then dwarfs kinda look lile slaves

Edited by Oath Stoned

10 minutes ago, Dimmu Golrath said:

Hi!

what is your opinion on this list based on lots of wounds? ?

what would you change?

Well theres technically nothing preventing you from using 2 handed axes with shields, so mind as well go with those for the warriors for the extra rend.

34 minutes ago, Dimmu Golrath said:

Hi!

what would you change?

2588F00B-0F52-4794-8DD9-B3A401F34C39.png

Come on, dwarf! You have twenty points left over, change the gun master for the cog Smith for a one more dwarven body ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dimmu Golrath said:

Hi!

what would you change?

2588F00B-0F52-4794-8DD9-B3A401F34C39.png

on a more serieus note, why do you split the thunderers? You can divide your shots anyway, so why not bring them together and needing only one runelord. 

I personally also Really like the quarrellers with a runelord (without I prefer thunderers). The double shots means the rend bonus is more effective (at least in my mind ,never did the maths I must admit)

In the same manner I had some great fun with giving a runelord the pickaxe, dropping him with the quarrellers behind/on the flank of the enemy. It gives you a thread without relying on the 9" charge.

Edited by Kramer

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

In the same manner I had some great fun with giving a runelord the pickaxe, dropping him with the quarrellers behind/on the flank of the enemy. It gives you a thread without relying on the 9" charge.

I used to pickaxe a Runelord (+ irondrakes) too but the new pickaxe wording is really bad for him, now! They dig-up in the movement phase, so you cannot use the Runelord ability, the new rule for shooting close a lot of windows for the teleported unit...

Nowadays i only teleport Warden King+ melee units to contest objectives. It really suck that they had to nerf our only cool ability :(

• Like 1