AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I don’t feel like helping out Dispossessed would cause KO or fyreslayers to not get more love. If anything I can see them easily in the future doing a duardin set of releases updating all 3 factions. I still think Dispossessed are in a worse position than KO atm and fyreslayers aren’t really that bad at all really.

Ok. Question, besides stormcast, who else got a rerelease?

Its some chaos factions getting put together. So duardin tome is not impossible? Hmmm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately look who gets to be part of warhammer legends.

Spoiler

MTOHeroes-Sep2-Thorgrim-6nb.jpg

MTOHeroes-Sep2-Thorek-5gn.jpg

As for the KO/Fyreslayer issue, well imo the main problem is that they are really static in their army composition (one battleline for KO doesn't help).

I'm all for keeping legacy armies around, heck I'm so stoked that I'm going to preorder Beasts of Chaos, but I think there needs to be more AoS introduced factions that get a second book that isn't Stormcast Eternals or Khorne (who are probably getting new plastics next year). There needs to be a confidence boost that doesn't leave these armies in the dark for 3 or more years.

Yes I know thats how GW usually does it, I've been around since 2008 so I know usually you get a book, then have to twiddle your thumbs for the next 3-5 years (unless you're Bretonnia which meant never). Even "technically Legacy but now are AOS factions" could really use a second book like Beastclaw Raiders to show "don't worry, we didn't give you a half baked battletome only to drop you like a rock".

Either that or they should really shake up next years GHB. I'm surprised that GW is so afraid to break all the silly faction keywords they imprisoned themselves with since the rocky launch of AOS. Is it really that mind shattering to go "hey maybe lion rangers should be with someone else like SHA"? Or "ok Dispossessed can have their Gyrocopters/Bombers back."

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 3

I had the chance to play two games over the weekend with my dispossessed. The main composition blocks of my army are - due to model availability- a big block of warriors, quarrellers and Thunderers. While they delete a lot in their range I totally struggled to capture any objective. The pickaxe was only semi helpful. 

So I’m looking around in our allies section for some mobile units that can grab an objective and stumbled over the Vanguard Palladors. Decent move, 4+ save with 5 wounds, okish dmg Output with interesting ranged harrassing Potential and 3 for 200, so 2x3 or 1x6 as allies looks like a nice package. 

Has anyone some experience with fast allied units in the dispossessed or other ideas how to capture objectives that are outside our footslogging range?

Edited by Myzyrael

39 minutes ago, Myzyrael said:

Has anyone some experience with fast allied units in the dispossessed or other ideas how to capture objectives that are outside our footslogging range?

Dispossessed have the ability to cross the whole table over the course of the game as long as you dont get suckered  into holding a defensive line the entire time, a gunline list will do that.  If you want rapid response then allies like Palladors are good, as are Prosecutors, or Kharadron Riggers or skywardens if you prefer punch over survivability.

• Like 1

If taking a mixed Order force, would the Grudgebound War Throng be a good way to include a hearty core of Duradin?

The 50% immunity to battleshock combined with their ways to mitigate losses from it (longbeards, banners) and across the board reroll 1s to hit seems very strong on an Anvil force.

Or, is the tax of an Unforged and so many units + the Battalion cost just not worth it?

On 9/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, Myzyrael said:

I had the chance to play two games over the weekend with my dispossessed. The main composition blocks of my army are - due to model availability- a big block of warriors, quarrellers and Thunderers. While they delete a lot in their range I totally struggled to capture any objective. The pickaxe was only semi helpful. 

So I’m looking around in our allies section for some mobile units that can grab an objective and stumbled over the Vanguard Palladors. Decent move, 4+ save with 5 wounds, okish dmg Output with interesting ranged harrassing Potential and 3 for 200, so 2x3 or 1x6 as allies looks like a nice package. 

How about IDK  - 6 defensive eels(as one unit or 2x 3) and a soulscryer 380 points. Or swap the eels for Thralls, though they are less durable. 

If you don't need to appear on a board edge, then 6 offensive eels are 320 points.

8 hours ago, Aelfric said:

How about IDK  - 6 defensive eels(as one unit or 2x 3) and a soulscryer 380 points. Or swap the eels for Thralls, though they are less durable. 

If you don't need to appear on a board edge, then 6 offensive eels are 320 points.

IDK aren't a normal ally for Dispossessed so you won't have to worry about the point cap.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, Myzyrael said:

Last year a player ranked in the top 10 at some GTs using dispossessed with an allied celestant prime. They can drop in anywhere and have like 12" mvmt. That'll add some punch and mobility. I also second the Riggers. They are quick, lots of shots and good attack, 2 wounds, 4+ save.

9 Riggers is 18 wounds, 27 shots, 10 chainsaw attacks for 360 pts.

4 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Is kinda clunky but the Tank is fast, can pick low wounds heroes ad occupy objectives! Good one!

I've asked before, but how do people feel about gyrobombers/copters for mobility capping units/MW output from bombs? I could see how they're frail, but 160 for 2 seems decent enough to fill out an army.

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

I've asked before, but how do people feel about gyrobombers/copters for mobility capping units/MW output from bombs? I could see how they're frail, but 160 for 2 seems decent enough to fill out an army.

IThink both are very good and at least one copter should be taken every time, especially when trying to play just dwarfs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Crashnarf said:

I ALWAYS take the Gyrobomber as an ally.

He is fast, he can shoot, has a good save and many wounds and il cost only 80pts. He is also fun (ant THAT is important), that make him the mascot of my army.

Surprisingly, he is also efficient with his bombs!

And what about 5 of him?! ?

On 9/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, Oath Stoned said:

Only 1 ally for every 4 alligiance units.  So either mixed order, or a 25 unit drop.

Its 1 in 4, so 5 gyro (or total allies)  would require 20 units in the army, not that it really helps any.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, Furuzzolo said:

" A gyrobomber unit can have any number of models" from the warscroll.

But matched play gyro units are max of 1 model per unit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1