AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 hours ago, kore5022 said:

Is anyone able to snap a few pics of the irondrakes build instructions and upload them if they have it lying around?

New start collecting only had ironbreakers guide for some reason and google search has not been fruitful

You could try the helpdesk if nobody here has them lying around. They helped me out couple of years back. 

23 hours ago, kore5022 said:

Is anyone able to snap a few pics of the irondrakes build instructions and upload them if they have it lying around?

New start collecting only had ironbreakers guide for some reason and google search has not been fruitful

I can send you a scan later, so no worries

On 10/22/2019 at 5:47 PM, prochuvi said:

Sems our deleted signature skill havent lost

OBR-Faction-Focus-Oct22-Shieldwall2dght.

But we get it deleted from our army and now is in new death army.......

I wonder then, what's the benefit of having a shield now?

Also, do you know what's going to happen to Grand Alliance Order? Will it receive updates? Seems GW plans is to get rid of old models anyway (quarrelers, thunderers, etc.), so I guess CoS is just the way to go for Old World armies, right?

I don’t think GW will completely squat all the old fantasy minis.  Just the ones that are both very aged in design and aesthetics, and which come in odd numbers of models with too many command parts too.

So for example, in the case of Duardin the old warrior/marksmen kit went because it contained 16 models and there was like, multiple banner poles and horn blowers etc.  Plus they were overly ‘generic’ and don’t really match the newer kits in design.  

Compare them to said newer kits, which contain 10 models, with parts for 1 banner bearer, 1 musician and 1 leader, and which have a much nicer design overall.  These ‘fit in’ better with the modern business practice GW seems to be pursuing.  That is to say, 1 complete unit in the box, no more, no less.

I don’t think these kits will ever be replaced, or at least not any time soon, but I don’t think they’ll run the risk of being ditched.

Initially I was surprised at some of their squatting choices (the dispossessed artillery for example) but now I think I understand their decision.  The crewmen of the empire artillery perfectly match the troops...the duardin crew however don’t really match the armoured infantry or even the cog smith.  And I guess that they felt that the duardin artillery was too ‘normal’ looking too.

However, just because I understand their decision, doesn’t mean I agree with it. 

Edited by Arkanaut Admiral

9 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Compare them to said newer kits, which contain 10 models, with parts for 1 banner bearer, 1 musician and 1 leader, and which have a much nicer design overall.  These ‘fit in’ better with the modern business practice GW seems to be pursuing.  That is to say, 1 complete unit in the box, no more, no less

I did not count those as "old models" honestly, they barely past the "beardling" stage. And yeah, 40 bucks for 10 models that you want to pack by 30 seems totally in GW modern business practice... (I'd stop here before bringing some trolls, 'still have a grudge against those too!)

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

So where are the general thoughts on the Cities update? I'm so very close to considering a dispossessed Hammerhall list, but I need more info. For example, would a squad of 30 hammerers be good? or is it too much? And who is generally the best for runelord buffs?

Cities is awesome for Dispo! 30 Hammerers would be great and take to the Runelord buffs like a fish-to-water. 

For example, I ran Warden King-Runelord-10xHammerers in my 1K Tempest Eye list. I had the Warden King use his Ancestral Grudge ability on a unit of Bloodcrushers. Then Runelord Forgefire prayer on Hammerers.  Then spent a CP on All-Out Attack. The Hammerers proceeded to do 6MW + 17 dmg, killing the Bloodcrusher unit. Awesome. 

Tempest Eye or Hammerhal are both good choices for Dispo. With TE, the extra mvt is handy. With HH, the extra CP will turn those Hammerers into killing machines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

So where are the general thoughts on the Cities update? I'm so very close to considering a dispossessed Hammerhall list, but I need more info. For example, would a squad of 30 hammerers be good? or is it too much? And who is generally the best for runelord buffs?

I suggest watching those 2 yt videos:
at 1:35:30 they start talking about Tempest Eye mostly dwarf army

at in this on it's at 1:37:47 also

they should give you some ideas on how to build Davi force in CoS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 6:52 PM, Acid_Nine said:

So far haven’t got. Game in but almost focus goes to tempest eye. Which is a great match I feel. But just wanted to say I’m still under the impression that living city will be a great choice too. Just something to think about. I mean you need wood to make canon frames right? So sylvaneth can’t be all bad ;) 

it might be that I barely have 1K of dispossessed left after warriors etc disappeared but In having a lot of fun mixing in other factions. The darkling sorceress in tempest eye for example has the +1 attack spell as an option while still bringing her -1 to hit spell. Not to mention her being able to give herself a bonus to cast if you give her someone to sacrifice. 
but also living city with ambushing Irondrakes and slinking away again command ability seems like it has good potential. Bring Durthu in there. Ambush 9” away, shoot, command ability closer, get the charge. 

there is so much in cities of sigmar I think it will be year of tournaments where every time there’s a list that’s surprising and a lot of them will include dispossessed. 

Oï mate !
I made some testing with Gyrobombers*3 and Tempest Eye allegiance, and I must say, that's pretty neat !

With the bonus movement turn 1, bombing get scary, especially if you manage to get 2 or more units in a carpet-bombing. Nothing broken, but interesting.

Just keep on running with those gyro-flapflap.

On Gyrocopters, I'm eager to test it against big units with Greywater allegiance. I think there is something to do on it and +3" range. ;)

2 hours ago, Dammaz said:

Oï mate !
I made some testing with Gyrobombers*3 and Tempest Eye allegiance, and I must say, that's pretty neat !

With the bonus movement turn 1, bombing get scary, especially if you manage to get 2 or more units in a carpet-bombing. Nothing broken, but interesting.

Just keep on running with those gyro-flapflap.

On Gyrocopters, I'm eager to test it against big units with Greywater allegiance. I think there is something to do on it and +3" range. ;)

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I already have one built as a gyrobomber, but I think I want to build a squad of copters instead. If not solely for the reason that they are much faster. 

43 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I already have one built as a gyrobomber, but I think I want to build a squad of copters instead. If not solely for the reason that they are much faster. 

Which is potentially quite good in living cities. Get close for the steam guns. One cp later you’re 16” away. Or take the brimstone guns and suddenly you can move 32” in one turn for blocking/objective grabbing. 

Maybe a foolish question but can you use dispossessed rules still in the generals handbook and make a dispossessed army or only cities of sigmar? In the cities battletome the dwarfs still have the dispossessed keyword. apologies if this has been asked before.

12 hours ago, Bimli said:

Maybe a foolish question but can you use dispossessed rules still in the generals handbook and make a dispossessed army or only cities of sigmar? In the cities battletome the dwarfs still have the dispossessed keyword. apologies if this has been asked before.

The generals handbook is still valid as far as I know. The hammerers for example have the keyword DISPOSSESSED. probably not with the 2020 GHB though. 

Hello folks please let me know if this seems like a competitive list.

Tempest Eye

heroes

runelord - leader, aetherguard captain

runelord

runelord

runelord

luminark of hysh with white battle mage - ignax scales

luminark of hysh with white battle mage Battle line

hammerers x30

hammerers x30

longbeards shields x10

longbeards shields x10

longbeards shields x10

So the game plan is have 2 separated units of hammerers and give them 3 feel no pain saves of 6+ so they become pretty survivable. while priests stop magic and i cast a few spells and shoot with the luminarks. long beards protect my back lines and hold back line points. Tempest eye for +3 move and +1 armour first battle round.

thoughts?

If anyone's wondering how to get the most of out of the old Dwarf artillery in the Blacksmoke Battery mercenary company and/or straight up hates having to be sullied with human artillery in a CoS list, I've written a guide on getting the most out of allied Cannons and Organ Guns:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/11/guide-blacksmoke-battery-mercenary.html

:) 

So I did some testing and calculation and I'm running a Hammerhal list.

The plan is simple, a Sorceress+10man Darkling to give her +2 cast, the bridge endless spell, 30 Hammerers, 30 Irondrakes, warden king e 2 runelord.

Bridge the ladz, shoot and charge. 

Irondrakes -1 rend.

Hammerers -1 rend, +1 attacks and if you can reroll 1 command.

That's pretty deadly, mathammer state around 45 wounds (between unsaved and regular) against 4+ save with only 1 hammerer activation and that's pretty close to the on-table-numbers so far. In hammerall is possible to let them activate twice but that's not always possible due to w/w/enemy territory. A smart enemy isn't going to let your 10drop list go first and activate twice in his territory.

Why Hammerhal? The list is a command points sinkhole, I need to buy one and to roulette the Hammerhall banner minigame. 

1pt Wardenking command

1pt charge reroll

1pt reroll1 hammerers

1pt reroll1 irondrakes

That's the most "competitive" list I've found so far, I've tried an horde mono-infantry one with tempest eye but after the first turn was a rollercoaster of death, I've tried a greywater fastness artillery battalion but all died in one turn2 orruk charge :(

Let me know what you all think!

Hammerhall.pdf

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Furuzzolo said:

So I did some testing and calculation and I'm running a Hammerhal list.

The plan is simple, a Sorceress+10man Darkling to give her +2 cast, the bridge endless spell, 30 Hammerers, 30 Irondrakes, warden king e 2 runelord.

Bridge the ladz, shoot and charge. 

Irondrakes -1 rend.

Hammerers -1 rend, +1 attacks and if you can reroll 1 command.

That's pretty deadly, mathammer state around 45 wounds (between unsaved and regular) against 4+ save with only 1 hammerer activation and that's pretty close to the on-table-numbers so far. In hammerall is possible to let them activate twice but that's not always possible due to w/w/enemy territory. A smart enemy isn't going to let your 10drop list go first and activate twice in his territory.

Why Hammerhal? The list is a command points sinkhole, I need to buy one and to roulette the Hammerhall banner minigame. 

1pt Wardenking command

1pt charge reroll

1pt reroll1 hammerers

1pt reroll1 irondrakes

That's the most "competitive" list I've found so far, I've tried an horde mono-infantry one with tempest eye but after the first turn was a rollercoaster of death, I've tried a greywater fastness artillery battalion but all died in one turn2 orruk charge :(

Let me know what you all think!

Hammerhall.pdf 5.73 MB · 7 downloads

Very late response but I like it. Myself I keep looking at tempest eye but maybe hammerhal is a good one as well. Tempest eye in parts for the run and charge/shoot and the +1 attack on the hammerers. 

how do people run their hammers min 10 man squads? Because with buffs that is enough? Or bigger squads? 

my current list has 20 hammerers, aura of glory and a warden king. Still not sure to split or combine them. 

• Like 1