AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, VonBenny said:

Kind of wierd Dwarves can't ally other dwaves.... 

They did this to all old models that are no longer produced, so new players dont loose out on units. Depending on your opponent you can still use them as allies or even disossessed themselves.

4 minutes ago, VonBenny said:

Gunmaster (80 points) versus Cogsmith (100pts) ? What do you guys think? 

It seems the gunmaster is stronger and cost 20pts less... but Cogsmith is a dwarf... I want a dwarf army, haha! 

I put my dwarf engineer on a bigger base so he is human size and use him as a gunmaster.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of this wierd list...

1x Warden King (100)

1x runelord (80)

1x gunmaster (80) 

10x Longbeard (100)

30x Ironbraker (360) 

20x Ironbreaker (240)

30x Hammerer (360)

10x Irondrakes (180)

10x Irondrakes (180) 

1x cannon (140)
1x cannon (140)

1960/2000

Edited by VonBenny

46 minutes ago, VonBenny said:

What do you guys think of this wierd list...

1x Warden King (100)

1x runelord (80)

1x gunmaster (80) 

10x Longbeard (100)

30x Ironbraker (360) 

20x Ironbreaker (240)

30x Hammerer (360)

10x Irondrakes (180)

10x Irondrakes (180) 

1x cannon (140)
1x cannon (140)

1960/2000

Irondrakes IMO work better as a single unit. You're also a bit heavy on Ironbreakers IMO. I also think Runelords are too good not to run at least 2 or more of

Guys, I've seen alot of negativity re: lack of allegiance ability changes to bring us up a tier. But this has given us a change for the better with overall points drops, including some ally options. So let me share some positivity!

Positive point 1: heroes for days

Our heroes are now priced as they should be. My 2k List will include 1 warden king, and 3, count them 3 runelords. This will give us 3x Increased rend, or 6up afters. And 3 attempted spell interuppts on a +2. Starting to look tastey no?? The unforged is also 80 points. Cared no one ever.

Positive point 2: the transition from horde to elite and grumbly

Before the change, im sure most of us were rocking a big ball of warriors. I mean 40 for 280 points, fantastic. But now the dreaded points hike. 320 points for the same 40 blob, no longer as scrumptious. For me, this has aided in my natural transition into a more elite, solid army.. albeit with slightly less bodies. And for that we are looking to the humble grumble, the old farts of fantasy, the longbeards themselves. 10 for 100 points, with a bubble buff to reroll 1 to wound within 8 inches. As a screen, these guys are a dwarven wet dream and always bring a happy ending. I'll be taking 2 units of 10 as great screens and all around nice dwarves. Because who doesn't want to hear that grots are weedier these days? I thought so.

Continuing point 2 (point 2.5 if you will) we have the shiny pink  hammer in the room. I just want to let the old cost of a full unit of 30 hammerers sink in for a minute. 420. 420!!! Those hammers must have been infused with boutique microbrewery produce and wrapped in silken love-me-nots. What an overpriced stack of limp steel swingers. But no more. Rejoice my grumbling brethren, for the hammers have been newly acquired in a Costco bulk buy special, complete with wooden hafts and half finished rivetting. We are now talking about 30 hammerers for 360 points. This saving is massive, not just for the points, but the opportunity cost involved! Let me put it another way. Rather than have 40 dwarven warriors choke up an objective for 320 points... i can now choose to throw 30 hammerers for 360 points instead. Less bodies, more cost, but 3 Times as good. Its a no brainer in my grudgebook, and I'll be taking a block of 30 to charge hammer first into the shins of whoever I want to annoy. Fully buffed with +1 rend runelord and warden king +1 wound roll, we are talking 2 attacks each, 3s hit (rerolling 1s Because you chose the right grudge didnt you you bearded beauty!) 2s Wound (rerolling 1s as we have the AMAZING longbeards rather than warriors) with -2 rend and 1 damage. Due to our small base profile, we are going to be getting a dwarven diaper full of hits. If synergised correctly, this WILL be effective, and it WILL kill some tough overconfident witch elves who can't afford pants. 

Point 3: lower priced allied artillery makes this dwarf go giddy in my 2 inch knees. 

Cannons, 140 points down from 160. Every bit helps, and a 32inch ranged annoyance is great to force a reaction. But everyone already used cannons. I wonder if anyone used the mother of all dwarven artillery, the steamiest rom com battering ram, the giant metallic dash of 'nope' that will make your enemies wail in pent up frustration and jealousy!! Yes, ladies and dwarfleman, we are talking about the steam tank. Imagine if sigmar and a big block of dwarven iron had one hot, regretful night of passionate steelmaking, and then Sigmar got a bit of an inferiority complex and put a giant wang i mean cannon in the front. This thing is awesome. And its now only 240 points. 

I'll be running a dispossessed list at the Runic Axe team event in Brisbane, Australia in November. By dwarf I'll make them wish they brought some wet wipes.

Thank you!!!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

You sir... Nothing to add more.

We've got some tricks down our sleeves, and we can make it real tough for our opponents.

We may be a bottom army without battletome, but what I often ear from my friends in our gamegroup is how annoying it is for them to bring my dawi down.

Even if they win at the end of the day, it is not without struggle and attrition, because of how resistant dorfs can be and how hard they can strike back once engaged.

Stick to it, don't give up and strike back hard. Even if we can't win sometimes, that will not be without pain for them. And now we can squeeze more tools in our lists for it.

Remember, we're more than ever an army of steel and gunpowder (and grumbling, of course).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Breaks-the-iron Mont said:

Point 3: lower priced allied artillery makes this dwarf go giddy in my 2 inch knees. 

Cannons, 140 points down from 160. Every bit helps, and a 32inch ranged annoyance is great to force a reaction. But everyone already used cannons. I wonder if anyone used the mother of all dwarven artillery, the steamiest rom com battering ram, the giant metallic dash of 'nope' that will make your enemies wail in pent up frustration and jealousy!! Yes, ladies and dwarfleman, we are talking about the steam tank. Imagine if sigmar and a big block of dwarven iron had one hot, regretful night of passionate steelmaking, and then Sigmar got a bit of an inferiority complex and put a giant wang i mean cannon in the front. This thing is awesome. And its now only 240 points. 

Nice as everyone can take nice duardin artillery (thanks merc companies) and still have their usual strengths (abilities, magic etc. itd). 

Positive point 1: heroes for days

Our heroes are now priced as they should be. My 2k List will include 1 warden king, and 3, count them 3 runelords. This will give us 3x Increased rend, or 6up afters. And 3 attempted spell interuppts on a +2. Starting to look tastey no?? The unforged is also 80 points. Cared no one ever.

You cannot stack rend. And dwarf heroes (but Runesmith) are still meh (not tanky, not special tricks, not killy (worse than a wet noodles)) etc.

Positive point 2: the transition from horde to elite and grumbly

Before the change, im sure most of us were rocking a big ball of warriors. I mean 40 for 280 points, fantastic. But now the dreaded points hike. 320 points for the same 40 blob, no longer as scrumptious. For me, this has aided in my natural transition into a more elite, solid army.. albeit with slightly less bodies. And for that we are looking to the humble grumble, the old farts of fantasy, the longbeards themselves. 10 for 100 points, with a bubble buff to reroll 1 to wound within 8 inches. As a screen, these guys are a dwarven wet dream and always bring a happy ending. I'll be taking 2 units of 10 as great screens and all around nice dwarves. Because who doesn't want to hear that grots are weedier these days? I thought so.

It seems that the amount of models will be almost the same. Hard to say how it transisions to "elite". 

Being optimistic is fine as long there are actual reasons/factors to be so (and it's not "be positive for sake of being positive"). 

• Thanks 1

@Breaks-the-iron Mont You know, after seeing no changes other than points I was moving away from this being my next army but.. I think you brought me back after thinking about all of that. May get started on 1k next weekend.

12 minutes ago, eciu said:

You cannot stack rend. And dwarf heroes (but Runesmith) are still meh (not tanky, not special tricks, not killy (worse than a wet noodles)) etc.

I think it was more implied that you have multiple chances or can spread it out across units, not stack it on the same unit. Either way, in such a magic heavy game having another unbind with an inherent +2 is pretty great.

I think there's reasoning to be positive. I would view this overall as an improvement for the faction albeit a small one.

Edited by Gwendar

16 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

im currently experimenting with some lists and wanted to ask if mercenaries work for free cities. If this is the case we could use ironweld arsenal in cities that would normaly not allow them, like hallow heart.

Mercenaries can be taken by EVERY faction no matter the Grand Alliance, so yes, it would work.

more importantly:

will Disposessed also get +1 HP across all warscrolls?!

Although it is negative, it’s hard not to be! GW clearly aren’t giving Dispossessed any consideration in terms of balance. Reducing the cost of heroes is great but we needed reductions in points across the army for it to be balanced with the other battletome factions.  Ironjaws have seen a massive change in fortunes with new spells and changes to allegiance abilities and we’ve had nothing. 

The only thing I can see as a positive is that if a book is coming out soonish then they could have already finished writing new rules for us. If that is the case you wouldn’t want to spoil it in the GHB. Beastmen got a book soon after the GHB last year and still had rules in it. Also the books go off to printers 6-8 months in advance so it is possible new rules have been worked on already, so they’ve had to make just minor changes in GHB. 

• Thanks 1

Leaders
1x Warden King (100)
1x Runelord (80)
1x Runelord (80)

Team 1
30x Hammerer (360)
20x Irondrake (360)
10x Longbeard (100)

Team 2
20x Ironbreaker (280)
20x Irondrake (360) 
10x Longbeard (100) 

Support
1x Cannon (140) 

1960/2000 

The idea is to have 2 solid team that can independently move around the map to secure each 1 different objectif while the cannon can support both team when needed. 

I still can't find a way to fill that 40pts tho. 

• Like 1

Idea 2 : 

Leaders
1x Warden King (100)
1x Runelord (80)
1x Runelord (80)
1x Runelord (80)

Team 1
30x Hammerer (360)
20x Irondrake (360)
10x Longbeard (100)

Team 2
30x Ironbreaker (360)
20x Irondrake (360) 
10x Longbeard (100) 

1980/2000 

Edited by VonBenny
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eciu said:

Nice as everyone can take nice duardin artillery (thanks merc companies) and still have their usual strengths (abilities, magic etc. itd). 

It seems that the amount of models will be almost the same. Hard to say how it transisions to "elite". 

Being optimistic is fine as long there are actual reasons/factors to be so (and it's not "be positive for sake of being positive"). 

Hey bud, in saying elite, im talking about with the lowered hammerers cost taking them over warriors. I agree with you 100% that hammerers aren't the best unit ever, but they are the best melee hitter we have. Putting 1 rend on hammers, 1 rend on irondrakes, and maybe a 6 up on the ironbreakers to really ruin someone's day is powerful if we position right and be tactically astute with our choices and allies. 

We'll never faceroll but I'm hopeful we can give a good account of ourselves 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Breaks-the-iron Mont said:

Hey bud, in saying elite, im talking about with the lowered hammerers cost taking them over warriors. I agree with you 100% that hammerers aren't the best unit ever, but they are the best melee hitter we have. Putting 1 rend on hammers, 1 rend on irondrakes, and maybe a 6 up on the ironbreakers to really ruin someone's day is powerful if we position right and be tactically astute with our choices and allies. 

We'll never faceroll but I'm hopeful we can give a good account of ourselves 

Hammerers have always delivered for me if I had the first swing. So I fully agree with this. Playing to the strength of the unit is good call in general. 

• Like 1

Hello fellow Dawi,

I am building my Dispossessed army, and was waiting for the GHB2019 to know how to finish it. I'd like to have your opinion on the list below.

Do note that my Dispossessed will be converted so that they all look like Kharadron / Grundstok mercenaries. In general, a heavy-armor high-tech feeling.

Leaders:

Warden King (100)
Runelord (80)
Runelord (80)
Runelord (80)

Troops:

30 Ironbreakers (360)
30 Hammerers (360)
30 Irondrakes (540)

Allies:

Gunhauler (130)
Gunhauler (130)
Gunhauler (130)

Total: 1990/2000

I've never played Age of Sigmar before. I come from 40k, where I play Demiurgs by the way ("space dwarves").

Does this army seem fun/playable to you ? I saw that Hammerers now cost the same as Ironbreakers and are also battlelines, so might as well add them to try a pickaxe trick with a runelord and 30 boosted hammerers on the enemy's backyard.

My question is : Are the 30 Hammerers worth it ? Or should I instead replace them by 30 more Ironbreakers (60 in total) to really hold the line while the 30 Irondrakes and the 3 Gunhaulers do the heavy lifting ?

I was also thinking of taking only 20 Irondrakes, which gives me enough to get either :
10 Longbeards and 90points of something else (but what?)
- 10 more Ironbreakers and 50points / 1 command point

Being new to Age of Sigmar, I'm looking forward for your feedback, true friends of the Dawi !
Thanks.

• Like 1