AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

So Barak-Thryng Kharadron armies look like they're gonna be true mixed Duardin allegiance:

One of the most flexible sky-ports is Barak-Thryng. Forces dedicated to the City of the Ancestors are allowed to include Duardin from other armies in their force. Need a point held? A big brick of Hearthguard Berzerkers will do the trick! Struggling with enemy Wizards? Why not throw in a Runelord? Whatever kind of Kharadron Overlords army you want to play, chances are, it’s represented in Battletome: Kharadron Overlords.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/30/faction-focus-kharadron-overlordsgw-homepage-post-2/

B|

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey! Happy new year fellow dwarves players !

I am New to AoS and looking to start a full Duardin army of 1000 pts for double games. Would you have list/allegiances suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Well kharadron overlords have a new battletome coming next week so take all advice on what to buy from that range with a grain of salt until then. (those are the steampunky zeppelin dwarfs)

you got the fyreslayer with the Mohawks. They got a new book last year. Excellent in not dying, dealing damage but on the slow side and most models look quite alike. 

They more Classical fantasy dwarfs are in the cities of sigmar book. Heavily armoured and carrying big hammers or big guns. The cities book introduces the idea of elf’s, humans and dwarves playing together. You still can do mono dwarfs. the playstyle will depend on the city you decide your dwarfs come from so that’s up to you.

of course there is a lot allying and grand alliance options and to mix a bit. I have a cities of sigmar list of dwarfs. They are from tempest eye which allows 1 in four units to be Kharadron overlords and I ally in fyreslayers. It’s an alliance of dwarves. 

what models or playstyle draw your eyes?  That would help to advice more. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Well kharadron overlords have a new battletome coming next week so take all advice on what to buy from that range with a grain of salt until then. (those are the steampunky zeppelin dwarfs)

you got the fyreslayer with the Mohawks. They got a new book last year. Excellent in not dying, dealing damage but on the slow side and most models look quite alike. 

They more Classical fantasy dwarfs are in the cities of sigmar book. Heavily armoured and carrying big hammers or big guns. The cities book introduces the idea of elf’s, humans and dwarves playing together. You still can do mono dwarfs. the playstyle will depend on the city you decide your dwarfs come from so that’s up to you.

of course there is a lot allying and grand alliance options and to mix a bit. I have a cities of sigmar list of dwarfs. They are from tempest eye which allows 1 in four units to be Kharadron overlords and I ally in fyreslayers. It’s an alliance of dwarves. 

what models or playstyle draw your eyes?  That would help to advice more. 

Hey, thanks a lot for your answer!

My playstyle is more on fantasy dwarfs (king, runelord, longbeards, irondrakes and canons) , do more CoS oriented I think :)

thanks !

4 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, thanks a lot for your answer!

My playstyle is more on fantasy dwarfs (king, runelord, longbeards, irondrakes and canons) , do more CoS oriented I think :)

thanks !

Then i would say take a look in the tempest eye and living cities sub forums. 
those to me are the coolest cities in the book. 
Tempest eye movement buff is help (as is living cities deep strike) at to that the ability to take kharadron units for some speed. (And possibly teleporting frigates but that isn’t fully certain yet) 

also ally in a magic user for a +1 attack spell and the warden kings ability and you have 4 attack hammerers. Every six a mortal wound. 

irondrakes are just plain good. 

inly cannons don’t have a place. You could take organ guns as hellblasters though. Cannons are still in a mercenary battalion that you can take. But for how long I don’t know. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 4:40 PM, Rod said:

with the highelves reboot , do you guys think there's hope for a classic dwarf, shield n hammer release? 

Between the new Warriors of Chaos and Teclis not looking out of place as a WHFB model I do think there's a very real possibility GW has realised there's a market for models who're more 'updates' of older lines than AoSified, over the top redesigns. If you'd asked me two months ago I'd have said no,  but my tune's changing on that front.

However, I think it's going to come down to what's shown off next week, though after the amount of squat'ing of High Elf models in CoS (which the Dark Elves were spared) I don't think they'll be too drastic a change from the old line. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

On 1/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, Rod said:

with the highelves reboot , do you guys think there's hope for a classic dwarf, shield n hammer release? 

Like I posted above:

image.png.ceac1640243f46cade28a86b95a40723.png

this leaves the door open for a valaya worshipping dispossessed army. She’s still missing, so the story only needs to progress to her being discovered and done. 

Edited by Kramer
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

1aghnq.jpg.2210ca90076e53e3c1b919d9761b9ea8.jpg

Do people still post here, or has everyone jumped over to the Cities of Sigmar subforum? Anyway, if you're keen I've just written an article analysing Dispossessed units in CoS lists, with a section covering all seven different city allegiances:

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide.html

Feedback very welcome. :) 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

It's been a while since a dawi has posted here.

I keep an eye on this topic, but I have been off the hobby since CoS launch.

I think many of us leaved AOS or moved on another army, sadly.

I gave a look to your article, but I can't give a honest opinion. I don't find CoS to my taste and even consider it frankly weak when playing Dispossessed compared to other armies. The only viable option to me is Hammerhall and I don't like playing it.

I've started to work on an homemade BT as I said sometimes ago. It needs a lot of testing and some tinkering, but it's on its way.

Maybe I'll post it here once I consider it done.

And I don't think their will be any Valaya centered update, or perhaps I don't want to believe in it anymore.

That being said, nice reading anyway, I hope it will help some newcomers to get it right ! ;)

Edited by Dammaz
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

1aghnq.jpg.2210ca90076e53e3c1b919d9761b9ea8.jpg

Do people still post here, or has everyone jumped over to the Cities of Sigmar subforum? Anyway, if you're keen I've just written an article analysing Dispossessed units in CoS lists, with a section covering all seven different city allegiances:

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide.html

Feedback very welcome. :) 

You could add Barak Thryng, which also allows Disposessed.

The article is very nice! I have limited experience with them, but really like Disposessed.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

You could add Barak Thryng, which also allows Disposessed.

The article is very nice! I have limited experience with them, but really like Disposessed.

Thank you! 😊

I may update the article with a section of Barak-Thryng, but initially excluded them as it's a CoS focused article, I don't know that much about Kharadron, and from what I've read up on I think Fyreslayers probably fill a better role in a Barak-Thryng list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 1:20 PM, Double Misfire said:

If anyone's wondering how to get the most of out of the old Dwarf artillery in the Blacksmoke Battery mercenary company and/or straight up hates having to be sullied with human artillery in a CoS list, I've written a guide on getting the most out of allied Cannons and Organ Guns:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/11/guide-blacksmoke-battery-mercenary.html

:) 

That article is amazing.

I always wanted to start a real dwarf army, but I was kept from them cause of other projects and their extrem price.

you almost pay 600bugs for a 2000points army of duardins.

still I think I’ll be joining you guys soon.

although mostly just out of fun.

So I made teo list that may give you guys an idea of how my collection might in the end look like, when I get started with them:

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
LEADERS
Warden King (110)
Runelord (90)
Runelord (90)
Gotrek Gurnisson (520)
- Allies
UNITS
10 x Longbeards (110)
- Great Axes
30 x Irondrakes (450) 30 x Ironbreakers (330) 20 x Hammerers (280)
   TOTAL: 1980/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
WOUNDS: 113
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 2 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ALLIES: 520/400

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
LEADERS
Warden King (110) Runelord (90) Runelord (90) Sorceress (90) Battlemage (90) UNITS
20 x Longbeards (220)
- Great Axes
30 x Irondrakes (450)
30 x Ironbreakers (330)
20 x Hammerers (280)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
TOTAL: 1960/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 135
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 2 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Any thoughts or recommendations would really be appreciated😁

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Skreech Verminking 🙂

With the lists you've posted, am I safe in assuming they're both Living City allegiance to get around the lack of Souldscream Bridge for the Irondrakes, and lack of anything with a move higher than 4" in the first list?

I'd personally drop the Ironbreakers for more Hammerers, or even Longbeards, and if you're particularly keen using the models, run them as 10 strong objective grabbers/screens to capitalise on the champion's D3 mortal wounds bomb. That said they could be good in a large unit with two Runelord rend buffs on them though!

I've never been able to figure out a use for Gyrobombers, and would definately switch them out for steam gun Gyrocopters.

The first list feels much too slow, and if you're going to be running Gotrek in CoS, you should really be capitalising on their access to healing spells, making a Battlemage or Sorceress with Lifeswarm or an allegiance healing spell a must, if it doesn't break any kind of all dwarf parameter you've set.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Thanks @Skreech Verminking 🙂

With the lists you've posted, am I safe in assuming they're both Living City allegiance to get around the lack of Souldscream Bridge for the Irondrakes, and lack of anything with a move higher than 4" in the first list?

I'd personally drop the Ironbreakers for more Hammerers, or even Longbeards, and if you're particularly keen using the models, run them as 10 strong objective grabbers/screens to capitalise on the champion's D3 mortal wounds bomb. That said they could be good in a large unit with two Runelord rend buffs on them though!

I've never been able to figure out a use for Gyrobombers, and would definately switch them out for steam gun Gyrocopters.

The first list feels much too slow, and if you're going to be running Gotrek in CoS, you should really be capitalising on their access to healing spells, making a Battlemage or Sorceress with Lifeswarm or an allegiance healing spell a must, if it doesn't break any kind of all dwarf parameter you've set.

Well I’m actually not sure what city I’ll be taking. 
I had a few thoughts on using Greywater fastness or Tempest eye, the more duardin like cities, but the living city and Hammerhall also sound very interesting  something I might consider taking.

Gyrombombers are basically there to frustrate the enemy.

My plan is to basically have them behind my Iron-breakers, and just fly over the enemy entangled with them in combat.

doing some mortal wounds every turn.

although they might be my objective capturers in some dire situations.

as for Gortrek Gurnissons list, I really am thinking of using the Dispossesseds allegiance in the ghb, till it’s gone.

I really like the idea of having an Army mostly consisiting of Grumbling dwarfs who see magic as some foul incarnated trick of the goblins or skaven

Iron breakers are extremely expensive,

But that 3+ save (in terrain 2+ or in Tempest eye 2+ (1+ in terrain)in the first turn) really makes them an extremely Interesting option in my eye.

and  In some situations I should be able to Convince my friends of being able to use them as long-beards.

(I at least hope so, cause I’m not interested in buying another 10longbeards for another 50$.

Dwarfs really are a expensive army)

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wow I just noticed that living city allows you to make normal move after having shoot.

that’s actually incredible.

just think of the mortal wounds you’ll be able to do with a unit of 3Gyrobombers in a turn

Had not spotted that! Great find, they might actually be worth taking in Living City lists :D 

Edited by Double Misfire