AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

It's on the list lol. That's part of why I want 2 pieces. I may drop the tank and lean into it more.

That said I'm considering making the Cogsmith the general so I'm less restricted, though that means losing Hammerers as Battleline

Darn you cannot put that in the beginning of the list, you trick my mind! 🤣 That said, with the battalion, I very like the list. Gonna try something sminilar tonight, without ordinator and steamtank but with 4 hellblaster volleygun!

On 10/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, Dammaz said:

*mumble and grumbling*

Okay, I'm getting CoS this evening to look closely what it has to give.

MAYBE, I said MAYBE, there is something to do do with our dawis, and I may enjoy it... A bit.

I'll tell you later what comes to my mind.

*rants in the distance* Or maybe I'll get disappointed... Again...

How did it go? Are you still writing the entry for the book of grudges or are you list building already?

Aha ! A dwarf never forget, eyh ?

Still somme grudges to set, but I have some scheduled play this week end in 2K - 2K5pts.

I'm not set yet, still thinking, but here is the core of the thingy :

Allegiance : Cities of Sigmar - Greywater

Heroes :

Cogsmith

Runelords *2

Warden King

Units :

Ironbreakers *20 - BATTLELINE

Hammerers *30 - BATTLELINE

Irondrakes *10 - BATTLELINE

Irondrakes *10 - BATTLELINE

Longbeards *10 -BATTELINE

Longbeards *10 - BATTLELINE

Warmachine :

Helstorm Rocket Battery *3

Battalion:

Greywater Artillery Company

That's 2000 points flat of pure gunline. Maybe we'll set to 2.5k, and I'll probably improve it a bit. Dunno yet.

And their will be some proxy too.

Edited by Dammaz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Orik Jarlson said:

I know it's still early days but are many people finding Ironbreakers with the extra points over Longbeards w/shields?? 

I just had a game, where I got shot at a lot and my Longbeards died because they only had the 4+ against shooting, was quite happy with my Ironbreakers in cover, who didnt die at all with their 2+ in this case against shooting, so in this case I was happy to pay a few more points. And I buffed them with Warden King and Runelord and they were still able to kill stuff with their 3 attacks each.

• Like 1

Just noticed that the Greywater Runelord ability reads:

"In your hero phase, 1 friendly Greywater Fastness Runelord can chant the following prayer IN ADDITION to any prayer on their warscroll."

Is this just weird phrasing for being able to do this prayer instead of a normal one, or does it actually mean that Runelords can do a normal prayer AND the warmachine one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krakybear said:

Just noticed that the Greywater Runelord ability reads:

"In your hero phase, 1 friendly Greywater Fastness Runelord can chant the following prayer IN ADDITION to any prayer on their warscroll."

Is this just weird phrasing for being able to do this prayer instead of a normal one, or does it actually mean that Runelords can do a normal prayer AND the warmachine one?

Yeah it basically means he can use one of his and the special greywater one in the same turn.

it is literally just like the khorne prayers 

• Like 1

Hello Fellow Dawi,

I have a grudge I wish to record but seem to have no parchment on which to inscribe this atrocity.

GW used to have a pdf file for creating your own book of grudges. As I have been out of the hobby for some time I don't have a copy of said file. I liked the look of the pdf and as I have recently found a gaming club in my area was hoping to use the grudge file to record results.

Does any longbeard have a copy of this file they could post or send me? or does someone still have a working link?

@Grunaldi Sorry mate, nothing here... :/

Okay, I'm going full 2k5pts tomorrow.

Take the previous list and just add a tiny weeny Gotrek, and we're all set (2520pts). :D

On artefacts, that'll be :

Warden King - General - trait :Drillmaster - artefact : Steam-piston plate mail

Cogsmith - artefact : Maestro Vivetti macroscope

I don't know yet if it will be efficient, but I fear it's going to be murder... An explosive one.

• Thanks 1

@Dammaz I had a game this week with a similar list against Orruk Warclans. 

I brought 4 of the other artilleries, the one with 24" range (27 in allegiance) but the deploiment was on the long side and the orruk player just stood outside of 30" for 2 turns ramping up his waagh points. Turn 3 he moved and  charged all the 30" (for Valaya those orcs are speed as hell right now!)  and obliterated my army, grab the objective and won the game. Was the scenario that require you to control both objectives on turn 3+ to win.

The helstorm have way longer range, you should be fine! Just to share my unfortunate expirience. Good luck!

Forgot to say, I'll be against BoC.

Hellblaster Volleygun is a big meh IMHO. Lack of range, poor-1 Rend (we already got Irondrakes or Handgunner on the job), VERY poor ability...

I really miss the Organ Gun and Cannon here.

But the Rocket Launcher, once buffed if Greywater, Cogsmith, Battalion ect... gets really frightening "en masse" theoretically.

You get a HUGE 40" -2 Rend threat. In 2v2 it's almost the entire board, at least in our gaming group.

You just need to relax, sit tight, and watch things going Bang from the back of the board. Still need some testing though.

• Like 1

Back from testing !

My feelings are :

Gotrek is INSANE ! 2 units of Gors and Bestigors disappeared as soon as his axe was drawn. Seriously, I almost felt bad for using him. 

Hammerers are OP too. Once buffed by WK and Longbeards, they're really impressive. Nothing can stop them.

And while shieldwall is no more, our dawis are still quite tanky. The Warden King with plate mail is a massive wall agains't small rend attacks.

That's a lot of options and a lot of change, I must admit... Really more melee offensive oriented as I reckon.

On the other hand, that's a MEH for what I thought as the main damage of this list, the artillery.

My Irondrakes got decimated turn I because of some bad positionning, but the Launchers...

With battalions, buff and double shot turn one, I managed to deal around only 30 wound in two shooting phase against small save targets.

I'm a bit disappointed. They do the job, but nothing sky-level. Thing I'll try some Tempest Eye list or Tank division in replacement.

Maybe it was my cast, or some luck, but I need some more testing.

Edited by Dammaz
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, Dammaz said:

Forgot to say, I'll be against BoC.

Hellblaster Volleygun is a big meh IMHO. Lack of range, poor-1 Rend (we already got Irondrakes or Handgunner on the job), VERY poor ability...

I really miss the Organ Gun and Cannon here.

But the Rocket Launcher, once buffed if Greywater, Cogsmith, Battalion ect... gets really frightening "en masse" theoretically.

You get a HUGE 40" -2 Rend threat. In 2v2 it's almost the entire board, at least in our gaming group.

You just need to relax, sit tight, and watch things going Bang from the back of the board. Still need some testing though.

the stacking buffs on the rocket sounds really good for greywater in theory. 36" range,  3 attacks 5+ to hit,  3+ to wound, -2 rend D3 damage.

• +1 to hit for all the missiles targeting the same enemy, so 4+ to hit
  • +1 to hit from the Lord Ordinator, so 3+ to hit
  • +1 to hit for one rocket battery from Rune of Unfaltering Aim, Bringing to to a 2+ to hit
  • Reroll 1s near a Cogsmith
  • Bonus 3" Range from Greywater
  • Fire twice on first turn with Greywater Artillery Company.

It's putting a lot of eggs in one basket, but it sounds deadly. Also the Helstorm/Helblaster have a 4+ save just like un-shielded duardin, so it wouldn't be out of place to convert some duardin crew. I was thinking some bloodbowl Dwarfs carrying ammunition and tools. Use greenstuff to turn the football two are carrying into a bag, powder horn, box, or bottle.

• Like 1

Hi fellow Dawi, 

the CoS book got a little bit off a spring back into this old dwarfs step. Seems like a combined Duardin list is finally possible. And Tempest eye brings that afore mentioned spring to the Duardins step so my eye fell on that city. 😏

Curious to see what you think. The requirements were some troops and a hero from every Duardin faction. 

LIST:

110 -   1 - Warden King - General - Seerstone amulet
90 -   1 - Runelord - Adjucdant - 
240 -   1 - Brokk
120 -   1 - Auric Runesmiter
90 -   1 - Sorceress* - Aura of Glory
360 - 30 - Hammerers - Retinue
330 - 30.- Ironbreakers
110 - 10 - Longbeards
300 -   9 - Skywardens
240 - 10 - Hearthguard Bezerkers
Total 1990

Main choice left open for me is to choose between 9 Skywardens or 6 Endrinriggers + command point.

And lastly I feel the lack of shooting. Maybe 20 irondrakes instead of the ironbreakers

*I really like the Sorceress as an 'impartial' negiotator between the faction as an Agent of Sigmar. It started when I looked at where the strengths of the City rules lay. The +1 attack spell is of course amazing and when I started to think about how a alliance of Duardin would accept a dark elf in their midst the whole backstory wrote itself. The story TLDR style: Warden King hears rumour that Grimnir walks the realms. The only way to get Grimnir active again is to show the factions can be reunited as one. So the king wants to find Grimnir (which of course is Gotrek) but must also convince (pay) the other leaders to accompanying him. Negotiations struggle but suddenly an agent of sigmar appears to help...

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

Going to be in a campaign game with a friend soon. It's an old grudge match of Dwarves vs Skaven, 1k game. He's bringing a swarm of clan rat, along with some Rat Ogres and possibly a Hellpit.

Here's the list and ny idea:

Greywater Fastness 

1 Warden King

1 Runelord 

20 Ironbreakers

20 Handgunners (Proxied with Thunderers to keep the army all dwarves)

10 Longbeards

3 Gyrocopters with Steam Guns.

My idea is to treat my Gyros like a shooting line and screen them as I advance, and use them to absolutely MELT his Clan Rats horde, and then use the other models as needed, with Handgunners focusing his heroes and monsters

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bladedwind said:

Going to be in a campaign game with a friend soon. It's an old grudge match of Dwarves vs Skaven, 1k game. He's bringing a swarm of clan rat, along with some Rat Ogres and possibly a Hellpit.

Here's the list and ny idea:

Greywater Fastness 

1 Warden King

1 Runelord 

20 Ironbreakers

20 Handgunners (Proxied with Thunderers to keep the army all dwarves)

10 Longbeards

3 Gyrocopters with Steam Guns.

My idea is to treat my Gyros like a shooting line and screen them as I advance, and use them to absolutely MELT his Clan Rats horde, and then use the other models as needed, with Handgunners focusing his heroes and monsters

Looks good.  Keep an eye out if you can fly up one copter to threaten his backfield objective if that’s the scenario.

if you force him to keep a big unit back you’ll be winning that trade.  

im also looking into grey water fastness as a possible city option. What traits etc will you be taking? 

If you halfway can, get a wizard, transmutation of lead will slow a big scary unit down quite fast, and if it managed to get a 2-4+ save, you get +1 to hit, and the Greywater spells fit well with a dwarf that uses a mortar with special charges, you have napalm, phosphor or mustard gas as an option.

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

Looks good.  Keep an eye out if you can fly up one copter to threaten his backfield objective if that’s the scenario.

if you force him to keep a big unit back you’ll be winning that trade.  

im also looking into grey water fastness as a possible city option. What traits etc will you be taking? 

I'm thinking Drillmaster is the way to go; focusing on the shooting aspect. That said being able to run and shoot in this army sounds like it has advantages 

1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

I'm thinking Drillmaster is the way to go; focusing on the shooting aspect. That said being able to run and shoot in this army sounds like it has advantages 

That’s why I’m preferring tempest eye right now a bit. Run and shoot. Extra movement. 1 in 4 KO allows me to bring in skywardens/endrinriggers for dwarfs that outpace elves. 
first needs some playtesting I think. But good luck to you squashing those rats!