AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I too try to be optimistic.

Warriors and Quarellers/Thunderers probably needed to be squatted, they were pretty old kits.

On the other hand, if there is nothing to fill the gap... 

And Cannon, Unforged and Gunmaster were a really nasty surprise.

What hurt me most is the lack of communication and how quickly things got done.

I'm still waiting for CoS Battletome, maybe something good will come from it, and some sacrifice were to be made.

But I'm no fool, we'll probably be blended to CoS soup, and Dispossessed and "Duardins of old" may disappear to just be "Duardins of free cities" without grudges, grumbling, lore and so on...

That being said, it's just what I'm thinking with the recent events. Who knows ? We'll probably get something to shine upon... Or maybe not.

Looking at the long term I'd honestly be shocked if GW didn't introduce some new cannon models for Free Cities and the dwarves in particular. The big question will be if it comes with the launch of the book (highly doubtful) or when within the next few years. Sadly Fantasy has a LOT of factions due for updates and reworks

• Like 1

I do think something closer to Dispossessed than what Fyreslayers and Kharadrons were is going to happen at some point. Grungi simply wouldn't be so prominently namedropped not only in Black Library fiction - which often means absolutely nothing - but army and campaign books. 

With that being said, my guess is it will be what Fyreslayers are to what Slayers were, rather than an expansion ontop of the existing Dispossessed line. So we'll probably see heavily armoured dwarfs marching from Karaks backed by big guns, but they won't be WHFB Dwarfs+1 per say. It will probably be less jarring of a change than what Fyreslayers/Kharadrons were, but still lead to most of the Cities of Sigmar Dwarf line being squat'ed.

• Like 3

Hi everyone. Just wanted to tell my sad story.

I wanted to play warhammer as a kid but couldnt afford it. As an adult I started playing TotalWarhammer on PC and fell in love. I played Dwarf almost exclusively for 2.5years until I order a unit warriors. I was immediatly hooked and set on the quest to recreate my PC army fir tabletop. Now, about 1.5 years into the hobby I have one 6pts of mixed duardin, mostly dispo. 

Mission accomplished. Here is my army compared to TWW.20190527_212341.jpg.12d570ab888f67e63a38fd49b722bae1.jpg20190530_230100.jpg.3af7e155462ad0386a96608e2513f003.jpg

Then GW dropped the axe while i was painting 30 thunders. Id only played 1 games so far. I was sure Dwarf would be taken care of after seeing how well goblins were treated.

Brand new hobby, brand new to painting. Big fail.

Trying to stay motivated. Im very excited for Warcry. Here is my Dwarf Brewery Warcry board wip.20190811_093823.jpg.9f284144b721b2c635d49c50acd085c3.jpg

Also Id like to start writing custom Dispossesed Warcry cards. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thx for reading.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3

If all this means that the warriors, quarrels and thunderers will go an just be treatwd as legacy. Then i lost 70% of my dispossessed army (30 quarrels, 20 thunderers, 50 warriors.. and also 4 cannons). I hope that GW would atleast give us some info about cities of sigmar. I have still a hopefull heart. Maybe we get new models, maybe we get compleatly new units? It is hard to se the dispossessed fade away becaus they seemed to be one of the most loved army :/ all i see is just updates on the freeking smurfs.

• LOVE IT! 1

@Oath Stoned We started this hobby at all most the same time, and we both have quite large collections of dwarfs, and it is hard knowing that so many of our models are now discontinued, but we have to hold out hope for the remaining line to get included, and possibly expanded upon later. At the end of the day we’re dwarfs, we never should give up. I’m holding on to all my dwarfs, even the old ones that have been discontinued. The ones remaining I will buy more of and make a cities of Sigmar army. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, Max Baumann said:

Just rumors, but maybe valid information. Two wounds for Dispossessed? Would help a lot in my opinion.

Also I already have great ideas for a Dwarf themed Watchtower :D

The old watchtower as faction terrain?

How dwarfy can we convert this thing (My cannons will have a use after all! ...😭)?

Hey everyone! I'm a new member here but a long time reader.

I recently bought a LOT of Dispossessed but luckily I bought mostly "elite" units.  I have 60 Ironbreakers, 30 Hammerers, 20 Irondrakes, 20 Longbeards, 1 Bomber, 1 Copter, 1 cannon, 1 organ gun, 3 Kings, 3 Runelords, 2 Cogsmiths and I also bought a Steam Tank and have the 2 Empire artilleries.

So you might guess i'm the ones that is "ok" with older models phasing out but I have genuine empathy for those that lost a big chunk of their army.  I also feel weird when GW decide to discontinue models without a word about it, no reassurement, no "hey guys don't worry a surprise is coming".

So I feel your pain, but I still can't wait to see what's coming for us in the Cities of Sigmar and hoping for some future support on the faction.

Edited by GomJabbar
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I've been theory crafting a bit and I came with a bit of what I'd like to call an "Avalanche" build.

This is a basic idea for the list. The Allegiance is Dispossessed for now but I made it to kind of prepare what a CoS dwarf list may look like for a 2k game.

General Warden King (100)

Heroes

Runelord (80) (Ancestral Pickaxe)

Runelord (80)

Runelord (80)

Battleline

Longbeardsx20 (200)

Longbeardsx10 (100)

Longbeardsx10 (100)

Hammerersx20 (280)

Hammerersx20 (280)

Ironbreakersx20 (280)

Other Irondrakesx20 (360) Total Points: 1940

Goal is super simple. Screen the Hammerers with the Longbeards and come roaring in like a rockslide with thr hammers. The pick axe will teleport the Irondrakes as normal, or occasionally the Ironbreakers to steal an objective and sit on it like an immovable mountain.

Main issue is mobility, though this army would be running a fair bit.

Hey y'all.

I've come here to listen to the last news about our noble kin, and I'm sad to hear what is happening in the Realms... Although I can understand how the removed models didn't really fit the new aesthetics of AoS, and maybe GW should just focus on how to make something interesting about naked-fire-beardies and steam-sailors-of-the-skies for now. Also, our elites may add a nice touch of dorf tankiness in future combined armies, like in CoS settings for example...

But I really like the idea of a "glorious death", fighting until the very end and showing all these beardlings what the dwarf pride is all about. After all, this Book of Grudges ain't empty yet!

Hey guys. I'm sad to hear some people here are leaving the boat, but true dwarven soldiers will grudge this, but keep on the fighting. 

With that said, I can't wait for the new CoS book to come out and see what news are for us. If we do get those 2 wounds each.... we're gonna rock so much. As for myself, I did buy mostly only elite units so those news doesn't quit bother me. Your warrior could easily be used as Ironbreaker or something anyway. 

With that said, I had a question for those of you who are still thriller by this army ! With our mighty Warden King, his command trait which add +1 to wound to any friendly units attacking the target. Does that command trait stack ? If I used 2 command point, would it add +2 to wound that unit? (In my nighthaunt army, the hero add 1 attack to a team. And I can use 4x points to add +4 attack to all figurines in that team...) 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, VonBenny said:

With that said, I had a question for those of you who are still thriller by this army ! With our mighty Warden King, his command trait which add +1 to wound to any friendly units attacking the target. Does that command trait stack ?

No, because the rule has an errata which states that the same unit can't be chosen more than once in the same face for this Command-Abbility.

If you like dwarfs and are at least ok with the idea of trees, then please check out this blog interview I conducted with @Brad Gammadetailing his Gharuki Forest Duardin, the undisputed best round based army of short guys with beards I've ever seen (speaking as a Squat player):

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/city-spotlight-chris-burwoods-gharuki.html

• Like 3

Hey guys. Question for you. I can't seem to find the errata about our Irondrake. It used to be ''they can't shot twice if they moved''. But I keep reading everywhere they can now move and still shot twice (unless they have ennemies within 3' or less than 10 figurines). Where was that rules modified? I was wondering if others rules where changed that way? 

8 hours ago, VonBenny said:

Hey guys. Question for you. I can't seem to find the errata about our Irondrake. It used to be ''they can't shot twice if they moved''. But I keep reading everywhere they can now move and still shot twice (unless they have ennemies within 3' or less than 10 figurines). Where was that rules modified? I was wondering if others rules where changed that way? 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_grand_alliance_order_errata_en.pdf :)

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Dispossessed army.  I had a few dwarves back in Warhammer Fantasy and I came back to the hobby about 1 year ago. I started with Chaos and Death, but now its time for Order and I think there still nothing that I like more than them.
I know CoS is coming, so I'll wait for the book to drop.

But isnt it in general a problem, that all the stuff, thats left now (I think its still enough to build a solid army - I dont have a problem with Warriors etc beeing gone) is web exclusive and you dont get any discount on all the boxes? That makes them really expensive unfortunately  o_O

Because I am afraid I need like 10 Boxes to build a proper 2k army..  

1 minute ago, Enwolved said:

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Dispossessed army.  I had a few dwarves back in Warhammer Fantasy and I came back to the hobby about 1 year ago. I started with Chaos and Death, but now its time for Order and I think there still nothing that I like more than them.
I know CoS is coming, so I'll wait for the book to drop.

But isnt it in general a problem, that all the stuff, thats left now (I think its still enough to build a solid army - I dont have a problem with Warriors etc beeing gone) is web exclusive and you dont get any discount on all the boxes? That makes them really expensive unfortunately  o_O

Because I am afraid I need like 10 Boxes to build a proper 2k army..  

Yeah, they are expensive. Check Ebay for discounts unless you want to support a local store or something. Personally I think Dispossessed are more or less dead at this point and are just being thrown in a book with the other rejects just to get them over with. Don't expect to win the vast majority of your games playing pure dorf. I know you want to start Dispossessed, but I would stay away if possible even as much as I loved this army myself when there was still hope.