AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Guys, I think you need to stop panicking and prematurely selling off your collections.

The Cannon and Organ Gun is "last chance to buy", but were recently added into a mercenary company in GHB19. In my opinion this means they are only getting reboxed to be sold in stores too, since they were only available in the white mail order packaging.

The same goes for Quarrelers / Thunderers and Warriors - they still have their old WFB packaging. High Elves / Sky Wardens have the identical issue, not sure if they will be kept around or discontinued for the sake of the new hinted Hyish "light elves".

Last chance to buy could mean they are emptying their stock of the old 16 man (duardin) boxes. Could also mean we finally get 20 modell boxes for those.

Many of the discontinued Empire character models are resin, they probably will throw those out for newer character models with a more AoS-style appearance (like the new announced Ogre Tyrant).  The Unforged however could very well be retired without a new replacement, since the Slayer guys got their own entire Army and can be allied into certain cities anyway.

As some wrote previously, lets wait and see what we get. If they are gone for good, we can still grumble then.

Edited by Max Baumann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

The Cannon and Organ Gun is "last chance to buy", but were recently added into a mercenary company in GHB19.

To be fair GHB2019 also has Greenskinz Matched Play Points

Who were discontinued in January? And they didn't even bother with Last Chance, it was one sudden swoop of removal.

1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

Guys, I think you need to stop panicking and prematurely selling off your collections.

The Cannon and Organ Gun is "last chance to buy", but were recently added into a mercenary company in GHB19. In my opinion this means they are only getting reboxed to be sold in stores too, since they were only available in the white mail order packaging.

The same goes for Quarrelers / Thunderers and Warriors - they still have their old WFB packaging. High Elves / Sky Wardens have the identical issue, not sure if they will be kept around or discontinued for the sake of the new hinted Hyish "light elves".

Last chance to buy could mean they are emptying their stock of the old 16 man (duardin) boxes. Could also mean we finally get 20 modell boxes for those.

Many of the discontinued Empire character models are resin, they probably will throw those out for newer character models with a more AoS-style appearance (like the new announced Ogre Tyrant).  The Unforged however could very well be retired without a new replacement, since the Slayer guys got their own entire Army and can be allied into certain cities anyway.

As some wrote previously, lets wait and see what we get. If they are gone for good, we can still grumble then.

They've literally said that they aren't coming back. No ifs, buts, maybes or reboxing.

3 hours ago, Charlo said:

"I bought an old box for an older game why is it no longer supported?!"

I get your point but GW don't even sell that box anymore.

I bought it from my local indipendent store owner. It was his. I don’t get what you are getting at, at that time a month ago Warriors, thunderers, unforged, and cannon were still viable as far as everything was concerned. The only unit not was the miners. At the very least it just cost me $15. 

4 hours ago, Max Baumann said:

From the mail GW sent after half of the models were already sold out:

Don't Miss Out!

It's your Last Chance to Buy these classic Aelf, Duardin and Free Peoples models! If you've always dreamed of owning these miniatures, this is your final opportunity to secure yours – they're going fast and not coming back.

Well the unforged was kind of expected, he never really fit in aos. But the cannons loss is mighty odd. Quarrelers and thunderers I grudgingly accept were redundant and had severely outdated models in a combined force. Still I'm sad to see them go. I forsee it being only a matter of time before the end of the dispossessed however as this does not bode well. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not very confident in that.

This doesn’t look great lads. I’m very disappointed, I held out hope that we would get our own tome right until I seen the CoS tome, and even after that I held out hope that we would be able to play a pure dwarf force. This is just awful though, I expected the quarellers and thunderers, but the cannon, organ gun, unforged, and warriors!? That’s most of my force of dwarfs and I guess they’re all just useless now. That’s really sad and I hope GW know that they’ve upset a lot of people by doing this. 

With saying that this is going in the book, and will not be taken out until we get new models. So most likely never. 

I don’t know about you guys,  but  I’m shopping around for a new army now. What really sucks is most of the stuff is just too outlandish. I want something more grounded. Nothing really appeals to my tastes. Order is basically GA: Stormcasts and Aelves at this point. Dispossessed had that comfy “hearth and home” feel to them that’s is sadly missing is the other armies.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Well the unforged was kind of expected, he never really fit in aos. But the cannons loss is mighty odd. Quarrelers and thunderers I grudgingly accept were redundant and had severely outdated models in a combined force. Still I'm sad to see them go. I forsee it being only a matter of time before the end of the dispossessed however as this does not bode well. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not very confident in that.

If Dispossessed sell well there is still a potential expansion in the future IMO. GW is first and foremost a business. The pruning opens up room for new, more fantastical kits.

I expected the warriors to go for some time. They showed their age and you don’t need 3 different options of duardin   on foot with either great weapons or weapon/shields. Thought thunderers were 50/50, and I agree that the Unforged felt out of place.

I also feel that Dispossessed are really strongly integrated into the setting narrative, more so than other legacy non-humans.

I don’t expect an expansion any time soon and the demand needs to be there, but strangely I am now more likely to start a Dispossessed force that I’ve been flirting with the last couple of years.

41 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I don’t know about you guys,  but  I’m shopping around for a new army now. What really sucks is most of the stuff is just too outlandish. I want something more grounded. Nothing really appeals to my tastes. Order is basically GA: Stormcasts and Aelves at this point. Dispossessed had that comfy “hearth and home” feel to them that’s is sadly missing is the other armies.

Yeah I sold mine now and I'm £150 better off. I've got Gloomspite gitz I cn play with, to be honest I've been enjoying the middle earth game a lot more and at least I know those models are timeless. 

That feel when GW still doesn’t understand what people want.  Gutting almost, if not all classic Aelf factions and Dispossessed models, really goes to show the GW and the AoS are so out of touch with the fan base.

Edited by the_master288
Edit: Changed Wanderers to classic Aelf factions
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

Totally, totally agree about the taste.  All this superhuman stormcast and bs like that is so boring to me.

• Like 1

Unless your army had a lot of Thunderers and Quarrellers in it, in which case my heart goes out to you, everyone kicking off about the Dispossessed kits being axed needs to calm their ****** and count the positives.

You can continue to use Warrior (and Miner for that matter) minis as Longbeards (hopefully getting a new name in the new book, as the current plastic Longbeards' beards really aren't that long... 🙄),  and the Unforged as an allied Grimwrath Berzerker. If anything they both got rules upgrades. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Freeguild has not been hit too bad yet. Not having too much hope at the moment though.