AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 hours ago, Kramer said:

Personally I don’t think so outside of the battalion because I wouldn’t want to lose the pickaxe. Maybe if I take runesmiter + auric hearthguard as allies to deep strike. 

Oh I would just run him as basic and keep the pick axe, use him as more of an opportunist. Speaking of which I finished him up last night :D

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

• LOVE IT! 3

Had a productive weekend and finished up some more Thunderers and my 2 cannons. I need to paint the crew still.

Been thinking about some of the new command abilities and triumphs at the weekend. It's nice that we have other things we can spend our command points on now, all-out defense looks good for us as do some of the offensive abilities if our grudge doesn't affect the unit we're attacking. What do you guys think?

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

Edited by Zadolix
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

fellow duardins I need your advice

Tonight I face off against the kazaki'dum of slaanesh. 

Here's my list

Warden King 

Unforged (GENERAL) -  Legendary Fighter - Sword of Judgement

Runelord

Hammerers 20x 

Ironbreakers 20x

Warriors 20x

Irondrakes 20x

Thunderers 20x 

MERCENARY COMPANY - Blacksmoke

Gyrocopter

Cannon

Cannon

which puts me at 1880

what do I fill with the remaining points? 10 more thunderers? longbeards? a runelord? I hate having wasted points and I know the gyrocopter is dumb but I just painted one and I want to play with it lol

4 hours ago, ColsBols said:

fellow duardins I need your advice

Tonight I face off against the kazaki'dum of slaanesh. 

Here's my list

Warden King 

Unforged (GENERAL) -  Legendary Fighter - Sword of Judgement

Runelord

Hammerers 20x 

Ironbreakers 20x

Warriors 20x

Irondrakes 20x

Thunderers 20x 

MERCENARY COMPANY - Blacksmoke

Gyrocopter

Cannon

Cannon

which puts me at 1880

what do I fill with the remaining points? 10 more thunderers? longbeards? a runelord? I hate having wasted points and I know the gyrocopter is dumb but I just painted one and I want to play with it lol

In the mercenary thing it has value! It looks pretty when freshly painted and that’s why the cannoneers try harder ;) 

against Slaanesh an extra runelord wouldn’t go amiss. Leaves you with enough points to upgrade your warriors to long beards. That would be my choice. 

34 minutes ago, Kramer said:

In the mercenary thing it has value! It looks pretty when freshly painted and that’s why the cannoneers try harder ;) 

against Slaanesh an extra runelord wouldn’t go amiss. Leaves you with enough points to upgrade your warriors to long beards. That would be my choice. 

that's a great idea thank you.

EDIT: just realized I miscounted and it's either runelord or gyro...and i'm gonna go gyro just for fun 

Edited by ColsBols

I won! Ironbreaker line held firm and I just hosed everything with the flamethrowers and cannons

Also, I highly recommend putting the Sword of Judgement on the Unforged when going against Chaos, the double D6 mortal wounds is wild. He took out 4 hellstriders in one hit

D46B062A-8346-4328-9AF7-6B7C8D6E5E8B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

I played a game with my friend the other night and played Battle for the pass against his Legions of Nagash.. We played at an odd point limit as that's what my friend had available and painted. I'm pleased to say I managed to pull off a Victory! 18 Victory points to dispossessed, 13 points to Legions of Nagash. It was a really really fun game for both of us.

His list was:

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

Leaders
Arkhan the Black Mortarch of Sacrament (340)
- General
Necromancer (130)
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)

Battleline
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Spears

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Total: 870

My list was:

Allegiance: Dispossessed
- Grudge: Speed Merchants

Leaders
Runelord (80)
- General
- Trait: Grudgebearer 
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
Unforged (80)

Battleline
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
20 x Warriors (180)
- Axes or Hammers & Shields

Units
20 x Thunderers (240)

Total: 820

The Thunderers were amazing and with forgefire on managed to just delete his unit of Black Knights twice! He summoned them back in twice in the game. The warriors held my right flank for the whole game against a unit of skeletons and a Wight King earning me 8 points over 4 turns. The Ironbreakers held onto my home objective for 4 turns earning me 4 points. Meanwhile my longbeards, thunderers and unforged together held the left flank objective for 3 turns for another 6 points.

The Unforged was amazing! I took him just for fun but he turned out to be a menace to my opponent. Running him alongside the longbeards he was rerolling 1s to hit, 1s to wound and wounding on 2+ against Arkhan. The Unforged alone did 8 wounds to Arkhan over 2 combat phases with Forgefire on him, unfortunately Arkhan healed his wounds from killing Longbeards. I ALMOST slayed Arkhan with the Unforged alone as he was on 2 wounds and then killed the Unforged but I didn't get the 4+ for Epic Deathblow to D3 mortal wounds. Maybe next time! I will definitely be taking an Unforged from now on for his price and running him alongside my frontline with the longbeards, that guy does work against multiwound stuff and doesn't really get targeted often when you've got big units of duardin pounding the enemy.

I also found that I didn't shield wall much in the first couple of turns. I concentrated on advancing using hornblowers and pulling off charges, to my surprise I didn't get ripped apart and I had enough bodies and armour saves to see it through to the next turn and get my shield wall up. I think that only going 4" and having shield wall up at all times is abit of a trap. Our army isn't that slow if you actually advance and do some charging, don't be afraid! As long as you have some ranged support it's good to advance quickly and using ancestral shield and all out defence can help a lot in mitigating damage.

Edited by Zadolix
  • Like 4

Anyone think that the Kingsguard ability of the Hammerers is a little redundant?  Dispossessed are practically immune to battleshock anyway.  Personally I hope they change it to something more useful.  Now it might not be terribly original but maybe they should get something similar to Auric Hearthguards Sworn Protectors rule?  Kinda ties in with the Overlords “protect the boss” rule too.  Quite Duardiny.

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Anyone think that the Kingsguard ability of the Hammerers is a little redundant?  Dispossessed are practically immune to battleshock anyway.  Personally I hope they change it to something more useful.  Now it might not be terribly original but maybe they should get something similar to Auric Hearthguards Sworn Protectors rule?  Kinda ties in with the Overlords “protect the boss” rule too.  Quite Duardiny.

Only thing redundant about it is that they have a banner to halve runners when most of the time they don't need that check.

I run them in block of 30 so not ever having to roll battleshock on these guys is amazing...especially now that a 30 block is 360 points instead of 420

• Like 1

Hey guys, we just added Dispossessed to the AoS Reminders App.

If you haven't heard of/used AOS Reminders yet, give it a whirl - enter your army, traits, artifacts, etc, and it'll spit out a nicely printable list that you can take with you to tournaments. Very helpful for army with lots of stuff happening in each phase - like our favorite grumpy dwarves :)

Please go through and check out the rules and make sure we have them right.  Leave any issues here on TGA, or on Github here: https://github.com/daviseford/aos-reminders/issues

PS I don't know if he posts here, but shout out to PixelTom on Github - he is totally responsible for adding this army! Let's all thank him for his hard work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

With the new change to the luminark and hurricanum you can take them without the wizard for 80 pts less. 

If you ever run a order allegiance army and you can fit in 260 pts you can take a archmage (Eldritch council) and a luminark giving you two 6+ saves after save. I know every runic icon except for the ironbreakers ( it's written different for them don't know why though) ignores the archmage on a 5+, but still this helps alot. You can also take the realm artifact that reduces spell damage for units arround the bearer. 

With this ironbreakers are a 4+ reroll (3+ for tempest eye turn one) 6+ 6+. This makes them even tankier. You can ally in the luminark in a tempest eye army.

I stated before that the runic icon doesn't work for endless spells, that was a mistake on my part. In one FAQ it is stated that protection against spells includes endless spells even though they don't have the spell keyword.

For me the ghb 2019 didn't help out dispossessed allegiance that much (don't get me wrong some changes are quite nice, but we lack the speed for other things than meeting engagements). For free city armies this ghb did some really cool things like the luminark, hurricanum, cannon and Skywardens(ko not the elf on gryph) points drop.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, ColsBols said:

Snip-

Also, I highly recommend putting the Sword of Judgement on the Unforged when going against Chaos, the double D6 mortal wounds is wild. He took out 4 hellstriders in one hit

Unless I misunderstand your post, I think you played the sword of judgement wrong. The mortal wounds on a 6+ is only vs heroes and monsters.

1 minute ago, Televiper11 said:

Warden King, Runelord, 10x Hammerers, 30x Ironbreakers, plus a Steam Tank.

Some good stuff, though IIRC the Steam tank goes over our ally limit in a 1k game with the Dispossessed Allegiance. That said it's not by much, so if your opponent is cool with it, go for it!

1 minute ago, Bladedwind said:

Some good stuff, though IIRC the Steam tank goes over our ally limit in a 1k game with the Dispossessed Allegiance. That said it's not by much, so if your opponent is cool with it, go for it!

I saw that but I have an eye toward either going 2K Dispo or making a Mixed Order-Tempest's Eye list.