AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Perhaps the mercs focus is for narrative play then but still has a matched play option (just more restrictive due to ally points).

Hopefully we'll see a preview of our changes this week :D

Do we think we'll see any updated warscrolls? I played in a 2v2 last night with a mixed order army of a Order Draconis dragonlord host and then a bunch of Dawi (20 warriors, 10 longbeards, and 20 thunderers) against 2 Gloomspite Gitz armies and by grungi's balls the difference in potential damage output between the old units and the new ones is insane

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ColsBols said:

Do we think we'll see any updated warscrolls? I played in a 2v2 last night with a mixed order army of a Order Draconis dragonlord host and then a bunch of Dawi (20 warriors, 10 longbeards, and 20 thunderers) against 2 Gloomspite Gitz armies and by grungi's balls the difference in potential damage output between the old units and the new ones is insane

I know how you feel, I've got about 750pts of Gloomspite Gitz but the damage a horde of 40 Stabbas can put out with a few buffs is insane. It's the amount of mortal wounds that you can just pump out which is scary.

So what do you guys think about meeting engagements? I like the concept, the prospect of possible flanking beardies sounds fun on some scenarios. Artillery not arriving till turn 3 seems a real setback though. In big match formats artillery will still be great but in meeting engagements this seems like a kick in the teeth and we'll have to rely on our ranged infantry instead.

Edited by Zadolix

Yes,every army across the board got insane buffs in points.

Only a select overpowers units got nerfed(evocators,wytches,reapers,eels)all those from top tier armys and got huge buffs to all the others units from the army.

But dispossesed a BOTTON tier army got nerf to warriors,buff to heroes(who are a minor % of the list) and zero changues to units???

This is dissapointing for not saying other word.

How heck can be posible than hammers cost 160 points when swordmasters are better in all and now cost 110 points?or idoneths tralls have same stats but 100% more damage and cost as 120 now also.

I guess it is better to be squated,but those changues are in reality a squat of dispossesed for who want play balanced games.

Seriously i cant think any company who nerf a army who is at the botton but only games workshop.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Lets wait and see how much the heroes dropped and what they changed for our allegiance. Hopefully there is a reason behind those changes.

Yeah @prochuvi you really can't look at points changes like this so 1-dimensionally. There have been both rumors and confirmations of expanded rules for GHB armies or changes to the rules if not.. it isn't worth speculating doom & gloom when we know nothing of what the rules even look like.

Hi guys, 

I'm currently playing Nighthaunt and Spiderfangs, but I was thinking of starting a third army. Something good - order and I love dwarves in armor. 

First of all, is there a reason why we have Dispossessed and a separated Dwarf army? Why not put them together? As I can see it right now, if I am to pick Dispossessed (for their nice figurines) now they have no cannons or catapult? How wrong is that for a dwarven army? Anyway we can get cannons or Grudge Thrower as allies? (Since they have no battletome, I can't see anyway what allies they can take...) 

Second, what would you think of this army list? 

Allegiance: Order

LEADERS
Warden King (120)  
- General
Runelord (100)

UNITS
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
20 x Irondrakes (360)
20 x Irondrakes (360)

WARMACHINES
1x Canon (160)
1x Grudge Thrower (180) 

2000/2000 

The point of this army is to have a solid shield wall while the Irondrakes kills the ennemie from behind. Also, having a canon and a grudge thrower (that doesn't require me to see my ennemy and both with very long ranged attack) will force my opponen to move foward to me, thus making my slow movement not that bad perhaps. 

Didnt take a look at the magic items yet. 

Changes in GHB Dispossessed For the Dispossessed, Warriors have had a small increase in points, and are now 90 points for 10. However, the Runelord, Unforged and Warden King have all been discounted! The former is a very solid allied pick in an Order force, with his Rune of Spellbreaking ability working as an excellent counter to key enemy Wizards.

1 hour ago, erasercrumbs said:

Those Warriors really needed that points increase, they were truly dominating the tournament scene.

The points cost makes no sense. However, it is possible since there is no dwarf army book to have to maintain the use of that they may be being bumped to 2 wounds on their warscroll to be on par with the gingers. If that is the case the 10 points extra will seem a bargain with twice as many wounds.

• Thanks 1

So according to the points leak Grudgebound War Throng remains our only battalion... Let's hope they decreased the unit amount needed for this. 

Hammerers down to 140pts is nice though. Overall the point increase of Warriors can easily be compensated by the reduced price of Runelord and the cannon for example. 

Seems like the Dispossessed won't get the big changes we all hoped for, it would be interesting to see the artefacts though. Hopefully they fixed that pickaxe. 

1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

Seems like the Dispossessed won't get the big changes we all hoped for, it would be interesting to see the artefacts though. Hopefully they fixed that pickaxe. 

For Grimnir lets wait for the allegiance abilities! What's wrong with you guys??

🤣

I mean c'mon, I've commented here since the beginning and we always kept the place clean of tears.

The Dispossessed problems are really those 10 points for the warriors? Are you sure?

The hammerers drop is an hell of a news, now they are a solid option.

Longbeards are stronger now compared to Warriors....lets talk what we have, not what we've lost. That's gone.

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Thanks 1