AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, Breaks-the-iron Mont said:

Dwarven brains trust! I have a burning question and i find myself singing... "when I find myself in times of trouble, father grungni comes to me, grumbling words of wisdom, grungni be. And when i need to know the appropriate citadel base size for my cannon, grungni grumbles patiently, there will be an answer, grungni be"

I don't think you need a base for the cannon, since it is functionally useless without the crew

i love your song though

8 hours ago, Dammaz said:

GHB mate. Warscrolls are pretty old for our dawi.

Look for erratas too on Warhammer Community, there is quite some changes for Dispossessed.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_grand_alliance_order_errata_en.pdf

Ty for the link, I knew about the recent changes but didn't find anything mentioning the ironbreakers specifically!

"This year’s General’s Handbook also contains allegiance abilities for several factions, with expanded rules for Ironjawz, Seraphon, Wanderers, Darkling Covens, Free Peoples, Slaves to Darkness and Dispossessed. If you’re looking to make the most of these forces in your games, the book is a must-have."

Seems that BT for Dispossesed is not yet that soon as some might have thought. 

Edited by eciu

7 minutes ago, eciu said:

"This year’s General’s Handbook also contains allegiance abilities for several factions, with expanded rules for Ironjawz, Seraphon, Wanderers, Darkling Covens, Free Peoples, Slaves to Darkness and Dispossessed. If you’re looking to make the most of these forces in your games, the book is a must-have."

If they improve dispossessed I'm a ok with this. 

I just talked with some tournament players at a local tournament and it looks like we don't ignore endless spells on a 5 up with the icon, since they don't have the "spell" keyword. So we can use the boat for more mobility.

1 hour ago, eciu said:

Don't forget Brayherd still had a GHB Allegiance in 2018, and their book was the first post launch BT.

Now granted I think Seraphon (if those were indeed seraphon glyphs in the preview) or Undivided Chaos may be more likely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well, also I would love to see cannon back with Dispo keyword, I don't think it's going to happen yet.

Just think about it if Dispo keyword: Cannon are 2 / 4+ / 2+ / -2 /D6 right  now.

Buffed with engie and Grudge and so on, you got it at :

2 / 4+ recast all / 1+ (!!) / -3 / D6

For... 160 pts.

That's waaaaay too broken to let it happen IMO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dammaz said:

Well, also I would love to see cannon back with Dispo keyword, I don't think it's going to happen yet.

Just think about it if Dispo keyword: Cannon are 2 / 4+ / 2+ / -2 /D6 right  now.

Buffed with engie and Grudge and so on, you got it at :

2 / 4+ recast all / 1+ (!!) / -3 / D6

For... 160 pts.

That's waaaaay too broken to let it happen IMO.

Why would that be broken? A roll of 1 always fails to wound and you would still need a Runelord's buff, Warden King buff and a gunmaster/cogsmith to get that profile. That's 480-500pts worth of units and a command point right there. And it would mean not using your Runelord's buff on something else.

Anything can look broken when you buff it with 3 heroes.

6 minutes ago, eciu said:

Dwarf mercenary company rules:

GHMercenaries-Jun10-Spotter5ujs.jpg

Ain't bad!

You can bring two cannons and a copter for some solid bombing!

The question we should ask is: 

Is it better than 10 hearthguards+hero (maybe tunneling)?

Is it?

10 hearthguards + Runesmiter

Or

2 cannons + Gyro

?

I think we have a lot of bodies and the answer isn't really obvious here.  Tunnelings is good but with the cannons we can achieve kinda the same objective.

With the deepstrike you can attack or secure an objective, with the cannons you can zone and attack more than one...

I'll be honest the merc company doesn't seem worth it over taking straight up ironweld allies. You lose a command point and need to take a gyrocopter to make it work.

War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)
Gyrocopters (80)

You can have this with cannons hitting on 3+ with no rerolls only as long as the gycopter live and you lose a command point versus...

Leaders
Gunmaster (80)
War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)

Your cannons hit on 4+ but you get rerolls and it will be more difficult to get at the gunmaster and kill him to stop those rerolls, plus you keep your command point.

I don't think this merc company benefits us as dispossessed players but will probably benefit other factions. Mercs count as using your ally points in pitched battles so if you want at least 2 war machines you are going to have to choose between a gyrocopter and a cogsmith/gunmaster. Taking the hero is way better for damage. 

5 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Ain't bad!

You can bring two cannons and a copter for some solid bombing!

The question we should ask is: 

Is it better than 10 hearthguards+hero (maybe tunneling)?

Is it?

10 hearthguards + Runesmiter

Or

2 cannons + Gyro

?

I think we have a lot of bodies and the answer isn't really obvious here.  Tunnelings is good but with the cannons we can achieve kinda the same objective.

With the deepstrike you can attack or secure an objective, with the cannons you can zone and attack more than one...

I wonder if you have to choose? Because unless they make a  mention of a different set up for narrative play (in which you could already do this ) the ogor faction doesn’t make much sense. 1-3 Maneaters and a firebelly. Which is 200+ 120 respectively. Soooo that’s 1 to 3 ain’t gonna work within 400 pts of allies. 

Personally think the limit will remain for matched play and the mercenaries will (of course) be unlimited for narrative.

10 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

I'll be honest the merc company doesn't seem worth it over taking straight up ironweld allies. You lose a command point and need to take a gyrocopter to make it work.

War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)
Gyrocopters (80)

You can have this with cannons hitting on 3+ with no rerolls only as long as the gycopter live and you lose a command point versus...

Leaders
Gunmaster (80)
War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)

Your cannons hit on 4+ but you get rerolls and it will be more difficult to get at the gunmaster and kill him to stop those rerolls, plus you keep your command point.

I don't think this merc company benefits us as dispossessed players but will probably benefit other factions. Mercs count as using your ally points in pitched battles so if you want at least 2 war machines you are going to have to choose between a gyrocopter and a cogsmith/gunmaster. Taking the hero is way better for damage. 

Could be but the Gyro opens up some mobility options for you. The cannons can still attack 4+ other targets but with the Copter you can try to contest some remote objective held by an hero or, lets say, 5 gryph hounds or other small units.

Put the gyro at 3" from the unit to control the objective and attack with both cannons.

You cannot do this with the cogsmith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zadolix said:

War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)
Gyrocopters (80)

Leaders
Gunmaster (80)
War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)

Why not take 2x Organ Gun + Gyrocopter as Mercenaries and 1x Gunmaster as "normal ally" for +1 to hit and re-rolls (total 400 points)?

Am I missing something?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

Why not take 2x Organ Gun + Gyrocopter as Mercenaries and 1x Gunmaster as "normal ally" for +1 to hit and re-rolls (total 400 points)?

Am I missing something?

That would be 480 points is the main point you are missing, I am afraid. (OOPS! Never mind, I read Cannon. Carry on. It is possible, but a lot put into artillery. If only there was a Collegiate Arcane Merc company. My Hurricanum wants to have some fun. lol)

Overall, I really do love the Merc companies, but they do fit a certain style. I doubt many of them will be an absolute must for allies, but they can shore up some weaknesses and be a fun addition. I want to see Dwarven Giants! lol Actually, the Giant Brothers one could be a great way to make a stand-in for big Dwarven golems. Ignoring the falling down deal...

Also, Duardin from Shyish with some Skeleton Dwarves? Bones of the ancestors coming to fight along side ya! 

Some outflanking Pistoliers could be fun, but with the amount of grumbling around Freeguild and Dispossessed being potentially mixed, might not be to everyone's tastes... lol 

The Blood Knights and Flesh Eater Courts will help my personal narrative. My Vampire Queen will side with anyone against Chaos...

Lots of fun possibilities. If the Dispossessed also gets some refined allegiance abilities and maybe even some sub-faction condensing, too!? Oh boy...

Edited by flamingwalnut
  • Like 1