AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Just a quick question, has anyone based their heroes on 32s instead of 25s? I’m thinking of doing this so they stand out more and I can do more with the bases.

My king is on a 40 just because I’m an idiot and didnt check the sizes before ordering runebases from Etsy but who cares he looks awesome on it

29421E36-1B2C-4A66-B15B-760A9B070967.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm new to AoS, but I was a Dwarf player in WHFB. Although I'm looking to play Nighthaunt as my first AoS army -I asked for an update to Dispossessed as my greatest wish in the survey.

My greatest wish is for the model range to be renewed and re-imagined like what the did with the Night Goblins/Gloomspite Gitz.
I feel like there is a ton of potential in the storylines revolving around Grugni's disappearance, the six smiths, the Duardin resurgence in the realms etc.

If we get something I doubt it's anything but some endless prayers and a tome, but it's still a crying shame for GW to mistreat such an iconic faction. Especially when they've given it so much room to grow in Age of Sigmar.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

By the way hearthguard berserkers are nuts, right now.

10 HearthGuard  -240

1 Runesmiter -120

And you can deepstrike 20 wounds with 5+ save, 4+ feel no pain

21 attacks 3+ 3+, every 6 is 2 mortal wounds (looking at 6 mortal plus a 4/5 more against 4+ save).

The Runesmiter can then make them reroll wounds.

You can do this with vulkite berserkers but I think we need the mortal wounds output and the deepstrike make them better then evocators, for us.

Vulkites also have a chance at MW with their slingshields and give more leftover points for swelling our core units up, though not as punchy (but we have hammerers for that). 

Either way, buffs for our allies are buffs (and more options) for us. 

I'm also excited to try the updated runeson on magmadroth as an ally with the d6 MW on charge command ability (240 points). Could even run him underground with a runesmiter.

What do you think about the endless prayers?

23 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

By the way hearthguard berserkers are nuts, right now.

10 HearthGuard  -240

1 Runesmiter -120

And you can deepstrike 20 wounds with 5+ save, 4+ feel no pain

21 attacks 3+ 3+, every 6 is 2 mortal wounds (looking at 6 mortal plus a 4/5 more against 4+ save).

The Runesmiter can then make them reroll wounds.

You can do this with vulkite berserkers but I think we need the mortal wounds output and the deepstrike make them better then evocators, for us.

Yeah I was super curious about this as well. I'm deffintely trying out 10 Old Slayer models as a the HearthGaurd bezerkers. Was just wondering about the points. But good to know! 

47 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yeah I was super curious about this as well. I'm deffintely trying out 10 Old Slayer models as a the HearthGaurd bezerkers. Was just wondering about the points. But good to know! 

120 every 5 hearthguard and 120 for the Smiter.

360 for the package.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

120 every 5 hearthguard and 120 for the Smiter.

360 for the package.

You don’t know how happy it makes me to finally have a reason to paint those daemon slayers 😂 just need something cool for the Smiter we from the old realms. 

Was interesting to see the Ironweld Arsenal chucked in with the Dispossessed for the survey.

A mistake or portent of things to come?

Makes more sense really. The steamtank being a Dawi invention after all. Taught them manlings everything they know about artillery too... 🧐

Edited by Toddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddy said:

Was interesting to see the Ironweld Arsenal chucked in with the Dispossessed for the survey.

Makes more sense really. The steamtank being a Dawi invention after all. Taught them manlings everything they know about artillery too... 🧐

I think it will happen. Out of the 8 units listed under Ironweld 5 of them are manned by Duardin. The fact that we work alongside the tall people makes adding it to us quite seamless. They may decide just to give us the Duardin manned units and give the free peoples their gunmaster, helblaster and helstorm back.

1 hour ago, Zadolix said:

I think it will happen. Out of the 8 units listed under Ironweld 5 of them are manned by Duardin. The fact that we work alongside the tall people makes adding it to us quite seamless. They may decide just to give us the Duardin manned units and give the free peoples their gunmaster, helblaster and helstorm back.

Would make a lot of sense. And open up gyrocoptor squadrons 😃

So I've been doing some research into quick, speedy allies after having been forced to just sit and be unable to contest unguarded objectives in my last game. What are everyone's favorites? 

My ideas so far are:

Reavers - 15 shots and 14" move, plus their free 2d6 move in the shooting phase, is very nice, and i already have some Silver helms I could convert

Freeguild Outriders - rend shots, can run and shoot, grenades

Stormcast Birds- cheap and fast

Doomfire Warlocks - fast, wizard for unbinding, rend in melee, but a tad expensive. that spell could be super nasty though

I guess I really want to stay away from Stormcast though lol

3 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

So I've been doing some research into quick, speedy allies after having been forced to just sit and be unable to contest unguarded objectives in my last game. What are everyone's favorites? 

My ideas so far are:

Reavers - 15 shots and 14" move, plus their free 2d6 move in the shooting phase, is very nice, and i already have some Silver helms I could convert

Freeguild Outriders - rend shots, can run and shoot, grenades

Stormcast Birds- cheap and fast

Doomfire Warlocks - fast, wizard for unbinding, rend in melee, but a tad expensive. that spell could be super nasty though

I guess I really want to stay away from Stormcast though lol

Depends, what you listed here aren't really allies.

You have to go Order to play them 😥

As objective grabbers our best bet, right now, is to tunnels an auric rinesmiter with a bounch of Fyreslayers turn1, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Depends, what you listed here aren't really allies.

You have to go Order to play them 😥

As objective grabbers our best bet, right now, is to tunnels an auric rinesmiter with a bounch of Fyreslayers turn1, I guess. 

I have a bunch of elf stuff so I don't mind doing free cities. But how does this tunneling work? 

13 hours ago, Toddy said:

I think I remember them being grouped together last survey.

There’s a tantalising bit of lore in the new fyreslayer battletome I think will be of interest here- basically a drunken runeson let slip about what Ur-gold really is, leading to support and unification talks throughout duardin populations of Azyr, and to the skyports as well (they call it Duardrazhal)

There’s also a hint that Grungni is up to... something, having founded a new stronghold in Chamon and supposedly crafting  something “wondrous that will reunify his scattered children” 

Maybe even a way to resurrect Valaya? We can but hope. I bet whatever it is will be the core of whatever dispossessed evolve into. It’s about time they reclaimed some strongholds and stopped being, well, dispossessed. 

Whatever the outcome, these hints and the lore in the Fyreslayer tome make it a good time to be a dwarf/duardin fan!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

13 minutes ago, Azamar said:

There’s a tantalising bit of lore in the new fyreslayer battletome I think will be of interest here- basically a drunken runeson let slip about what Ur-gold really is, leading to support and unification talks throughout duardin populations of Azyr, and to the skyports as well (they call it Duardrazhal)

There’s also a hint that Grungni is up to... something, having founded a new stronghold in Chamon and supposedly crafting  something “wondrous that will reunify his scattered children” 

Maybe even a way to resurrect Valaya? We can but hope. I bet whatever it is will be the core of whatever dispossessed evolve into. It’s about time they reclaimed some strongholds and stopped being, well, dispossessed. 

Whatever the outcome, these hints and the lore in the Fyreslayer tome make it a good time to be a dwarf/duardin fan!

Interesting, I was wondering what possible mentions of Dispossessed there would be in the new Battletome. Hopefully we are getting set up for something good.

• LOVE IT! 1

18 hours ago, Azamar said:

Well good to notice is that Valaya is directly refferenced "missing goddess of hearth". 

Oh and Dispossesed are mention as "Dispossesed and Ironweld Arsenal". So yeah, everyone should prepare wallets. 

Edited by eciu
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, murphs said:

I have about 25 old metal slayers and the old Daemon Slayer. I am thinking of running them as Vulkite Berzerkers and a Grimwrath Berzerker respectively. Am I being a bit cheeky? I love these models and hate leaving them to rot.

Also I did my part. 

Yeah I’m going for the same! The models are to cool just to gather dust. I’m going normal 2 weapon slayer as vulkites and the daemon slayers (the twohanded models) has hearthguard bezerkers. 

I’m just wondering about what model to bring/convert as the runesmiter as that will be their main role as allies. 

As to how legal/accepted it will be... my local area should be fine with it. Mostly old warhammer players so they get the sentiment that those models hold. Because it feels so close to proxy-ing I would just check your opponent beforehand or bring another allies detachment so you can switch them out easily. 

Edited by Kramer

8 hours ago, eciu said:

Well good to notice is that Valaya is directly refferenced "missing goddess of hearth". 

Oh and Dispossesed are mention as "Dispossesed and Ironweld Arsenal". So yeah, everyone should prepare wallets. 

I found it interesting they referred to Dispossessed by name. Perhaps our update will see us renamed as we would be no longer dispossessed thanks to the work of Grungni? Dispossessed would then refer to the Duardin before they were reformed by Grungni.

• Like 1