AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I'm currently building my duardin hurricanum and helstorm rocket batteries. I'd like to use them in a somewhat competitive list. I came up with this what do you think?

**Allegiance: Order**  

**Leaders**  
**Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage** (380)  
**Runelord** (100)  
**Warden King** (120)  

**Battleline**  
**40 x Warriors** (280)  
*-* *Axes or Hammers*  
**30 x Warriors** (240)  
*-* *Axes or Hammers*  
**20 x Warriors** (160)  
*-* *Axes or Hammers*  

**Units**  
**30 x Quarrellers** (360)  

**War Machines**  
**Helstorm Rocket Battery** (180)  
**Helstorm Rocket Battery** (180)  

**Total:** 2000 / 2000  
**Extra Command Points:** 0  
**Allies:** 0 / 400  
**Wounds:** 149 

I didn't think of artifacts and traits so far. Ofc all warriors will use two handed weapons with shields. Is it even worth it to go order for this? With this I got alot of range pressure and body's to protect it. I also thought about the crystal wall endless spell since the rockets don't need line of sight.

@AlmGandix3 hey there ! 

You are a little too heavy on the warriors. It's a really good unit but not worth to base your army upon ! Use them as chaff in groups of 10 / 20 and  then get a nice 10 man unit of hammerers from unforseen punch and of course 20 Irondrakes, one of the best ranged units in game !

I'd swap out the 30 man for sure for damage and then break down to units of 10 some warriors for chaff. Seems like a fun list ! 

So I played for the first time ever this past Sunday...and got slaughtered each time. I was up againt Demons of Slaanesh, Stormcast hunters, and Ice Ogres. That said, the people that play in the store, as well as the owner, were all super cool people who offered a lot of advice. I feel I learned a lot about the game and how I need to play around my faction pick.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

So I played for the first time ever this past Sunday...and got slaughtered each time. I was up againt Demons of Slaanesh, Stormcast hunters, and Ice Ogres. That said, the people that play in the store, as well as the owner, were all super cool people who offered a lot of advice. I feel I learned a lot about the game and how I need to play around my faction pick.

Awesome, losing is honestly just as fun sometimes, and creates plenty more grudges. Play enough and you’ll master the army. And by then we’ll likely have a battletome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be sincere this was the logic move of gw.

They have old phantasy dwarfs getting sales while they can and dont need spend more money on them. They wont give us more releases due to many other companys that sells old dwarfs for 9th age and others games and people use them in warhammer also.

But fyreslayers and kharadrons are new and nobody have copied them,so they gonna support them.

Get the copter and cannon together with dispossesed is the easy fix and as should have been.

13 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Awesome, losing is honestly just as fun sometimes, and creates plenty more grudges. Play enough and you’ll master the army. And by then we’ll likely have a battletome. 

Yea, it was a LOT of fun. The Ironbreakers in particular managed to hold a line better then they had any right to, dying to the last man without fleeing to protect their king as long as possible. It was an epic feeling, and the people unfamiliar with Dispossesed seemed to think they were pretty cool

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

Would having our Ironweld stuff back be that much of a change? Have never used any of them honestly, better allies out there. Are they any good?

Well,  just imagine 2 cannons as Dispo, with bonuses from grudges, warden king, Longbeards. Great isn't it ?

Add the +1 Rend from Runelords.

Now comes the fun-train. Just add a tiny-weeny-bitsy humgi from IA (aka Gunmaster).

Set them on a hill, get huge LoS, and BOOM ! Watch things go flying as fast as an exploding Squig !

Edited by Dammaz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

It's not happening, the guy providing the rumor said he misinterpreted what the person with insider information told him. Fyreslayers are getting a new tome next out of the Duardins, then KO, Ironweld Arsenal cannons, organ guns, and gyros are all getting the Dispossessed keyword in the next GH19.

Thank Valaya! :D

This is excellent news actually.  Not only will they stay as a stand alone faction, but they're getting their warmachines back!  I was convinced the latter would never happen, but here we are!  Question is, it the Dispossessed keyword replacing Ironweld Arsenal, or is it simply being added to their warscroll?  I would hope it's the latter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

This is excellent news actually.  Not only will they stay as a stand alone faction, but they're getting their warmachines back!  I was convinced the latter would never happen, but here we are!  Question is, it the Dispossessed keyword replacing Ironweld Arsenal, or is it simply being added to their warscroll?  I would hope it's the latter.

It certainly means that cannon I bought wasn't a waste of money 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

I hope it's an "add", i love my steam tank! 

By the way we should not be hasty on the add to cart button. That's just a rumor... Or maybe i should buy my second cannon before you guys put it out of stocks? 

• Haha 1