AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

35 minutes ago, Kramer said:

if you can force Archoan away from certain areas because of an 100p model that’s a brilliant result as well 😂

That's the meaning of tacticals nukes...

Irondrakes do the jobs pretty well too. Get in range and POOF ! That's a disappearing monster we got there ! Dwarven Magic !

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm starting to get tired of the lack of fluff surrounding Dispossessed. I don't like the free cities. I would rather Dispossessed live alone instead of living in cities with Aelves. I miss WHFB dwarf lore. Now they are just builders of Stormcast portable toilets. It honestly feels like Free Cities are just a place for GW to dump non-battletome armies somewhere in the lore. All the battletome factions get to be out doing crazy stuff while we are stuck as occupations in a city. I want more structure to the lore. Having everything be "your dudes, make your own lore" can only go so far when there is so little to work with. The realms are just so large. I am so very fearful that we will never get a battletome and will be left as we are or we will be combined into a Free Peoples battletome which I find to be equally disastrous. Sorry if I brought people down, I am just experiencing another doom laden manic phase.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haha don't worry you are not bringing anyone down. AoS is too new for everyone to have a battletome - unless the name of your army is literally in the Game Title so they get more updates which unfortunately does make a bit of sense :P The armies are just too many since they separated them, so I 'm guessing we'll be waiting 1.5-2years more till our own battletome but when the time comes.. oh boy, mighty beards will be conquering everything yet again ! 😎

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Montogon said:

Have you guys looked at GWs webbpage? They have phased all factions to free cities and aelves except for Dispossessed. They are now even more confirmed than they where before! :):D

I hope that mean we're going to get a Dispossessed battletome. Unfortunately the Ironweld Arsenal now belong to the Free people....

5 hours ago, Bolgan said:

I checked the other grand alliances and their factions have been consolidated as well. It might be signalling a change in direction or they might just be cleaning up the webpage.

Imho the shop should be a good picture of the tabletop game, it's in GW interest! This change should be a good indicator of the general future direction. If not in the near future i think that the next general handbook is goung to group faction as the shop.

Or maybe some beast of chaos-style battletome is coming before the GH.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Imho the shop should be a good picture of the tabletop game, it's in GW interest! This change should be a good indicator of the general future direction. If not in the near future i think that the next general handbook is goung to group faction as the shop.

Or maybe some beast of chaos-style battletome is coming before the GH.

This is fracking awesome and i cant really see this going any other way than we will get a battletome of our own someday in the coming year or so

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 5:15 AM, Ironbreaker said:

I'm starting to get tired of the lack of fluff surrounding Dispossessed. I don't like the free cities. I would rather Dispossessed live alone instead of living in cities with Aelves. I miss WHFB dwarf lore. Now they are just builders of Stormcast portable toilets. It honestly feels like Free Cities are just a place for GW to dump non-battletome armies somewhere in the lore. All the battletome factions get to be out doing crazy stuff while we are stuck as occupations in a city. I want more structure to the lore. Having everything be "your dudes, make your own lore" can only go so far when there is so little to work with. The realms are just so large. I am so very fearful that we will never get a battletome and will be left as we are or we will be combined into a Free Peoples battletome which I find to be equally disastrous. Sorry if I brought people down, I am just experiencing another doom laden manic phase.

Dispossessed dont all live in free cities, but as the narrative of AoS is still being created we will see most stories from the perspective of humans (and Stormcast). There are snippets about Dwarven populated cities or fortresses so more will come, it just takes time. 

For interesting lore read the 'Spear of Shadows' book, it has the characters venture through a lost ancient Dwarven forest city where the Dwarves literally grew the city using their engineering to shape the trees as they grew.  This just shows the scope for what the Dwarven race could be turned into, but what we have at the moment is literally the Dispossessed, those that have been forced out their cities by Chaos. The Free cities they also visit in the book have amazing scope for development and are so much more than just a 'dump' for the other races.   If youve not read that book I highly recommend it. 

Edited by stato

23 minutes ago, stato said:

Dispossessed dont all live in free cities, but as the narrative of AoS is still being created we will see most stories from the perspective of humans (and Stormcast). There are snippets about Dwarven populated cities or fortresses so more will come, it just takes time. 

For interesting lore read the 'Spear of Shadows' book, it has the characters venture through a lost ancient Dwarven forest city where the Dwarves literally grew the city using their engineering to shape the trees as they grew.  This just shows the scope for what the Dwarven race could be turned into, but what we have at the moment is literally the Dispossessed, those that have been forced out their cities by Chaos. The Free cities they also visit in the book have amazing scope for development and are so much more than just a 'dump' for the other races.   If youve not read that book I highly recommend it. 

I think that the tree city was a very rare nature-style fyreslayers lodge! Still the book focus around  Grungni, his relationship with his sons (duardin, Dispossessed), some Ironweld Arsenal high status duardin commander, the duardin mentor of the protagonist and so on....a lot of Dispossessed in the Spear of Shadows....and some Kharadrons....and some Fyreslayers! Good lord, go grab a copy of the book if you like duardins!

• Like 1

Won my game as Dispossessed vs Skaven.

>Knife to the Heart battleplan

>Skaven player forgot about playing the objective and pushed all his rats off of his objective allowing me to lead with one point.

>Skaven player decides ****** objectives and tries to table me instead

>My Organ Gun and Irondrakes wipe out his 20 model clan rat unit turn 2.

>Tunnel my Irondrakes turn 3 and plan to pop them up on his objective

>Skaven player is starting to push into my territory and is decimating my defenses with mortal wound lighting canon attacks and flamers

>Keep telling him how great the pickaxe item is and how I can pop up anywhere and can back cap objectives.

>He moves half his army towards his back objective finally waiting for me to pop up there.

>I pop up on my own objective instead to aid in defense and reinforce the line

>His army is now divided

>Hold out against the half in my territory while taking heavy loses

>Skaven reach my objective and it becomes contested allowing no one to score a point

>Throw whatever I have at his flame throwers to bog them down while keeping an almost dead runelord away from the combat

>round ends with just two of my models left

>Final score 3-0

>Winner: Dispossessed

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Well done indeed! 

Can i ask you to post your army list, i love when people try out artillery and you named an organ gun...

This list definitely isn't optimized.

Allegiance: Dispossessed
- Grudge: Cowardly Hordes

Leaders
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Resolute 
Runelord (100)
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
Gunmaster (80)
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Warriors (160)
- Axes or Hammers
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Axes or Hammers
10 x Ironbreakers (140)

Units
10 x Irondrakes (180)

War Machines
Organ Gun (120)
- Allies

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 200
Wounds: 69

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:18 AM, Oath Stoned said:

Any Total Warhammer fans?

Heres my TWW Anvil of Doom. Wip. Im just excited to post it. Still needs touch ups and highlights. The other thronebearers are unpainted still.

This is the center piece for my Old World/AoS/TWW hybrid army.

20181216_210708.jpg

Did you just combined 2 very rare and expensive models ?xD

• Like 1

Have you guys heard the new audio story "Hungerfiend"? It has a Dispossessed character in it and he gives some insights on their culture. Here is part of his conversation with the Aelf main character.

Aelf - "Duardin havent lived in these mountains for centuries."

Duardin - "Well, perhaps they will again. It is time for the dispossessed to hew new halls into the mountainsides. Or all other rightful thinking people will assume we all have set ourselves on fire! Or ascended to the clouds! Hahaha!"

Aelf - "The nations of the Duardin are just as diverse as the aelves."

Duardin - "Aye, that's fine... if you're an aelf. But what about tradition?! And the old ways of doing things? Our customs have served us for generations. Before all these newfangled sky ships. And the Fyreslayers? Maniacs! Arsonists to a Duardin! If I have my way, it'll be back to picks, stone, well crafted-"

He also mentions Grungni and the Six Smiths at one point. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Have you guys heard the new audio story "Hungerfiend"? It has a Dispossessed character in it and he gives some insights on their culture. Here is part of his conversation with the Aelf main character.

Aelf - "Duardin havent lived in these mountains for centuries."

Duardin - "Well, perhaps they will again. It is time for the dispossessed to hew new halls into the mountainsides. Or all other rightful thinking people will assume we all have set ourselves on fire! Or ascended to the clouds! Hahaha!"

Aelf - "The nations of the Duardin are just as diverse as the aelves."

Duardin - "Aye, that's fine... if you're an aelf. But what about tradition?! And the old ways of doing things? Our customs have served us for generations. Before all these newfangled sky ships. And the Fyreslayers? Maniacs! Arsonists to a Duardin! If I have my way, it'll be back to picks, stone, well crafted-"

He also mentions Grungni and the Six Smiths at one point. 

Quickly now where can I find this!

Edited by Ragnar Alpaca
  • Haha 1

So i was browsing the Games-Workshop store,  when i noticed that they are out of stock of almost everything Dispossessed. I don't want to get too tin-foil-hat, but could this mean they are holding back stock that has been rebranded? I mean, most of what is out of stock had already been swapped over to round bases and AoS branding, so that doesn't make sense.  Holiday shopping shortages?  Coincidence?  - This was US store. Checked the UK one, and they only were sold out of the Ironbreakers/drakes boxes, so likely just coincidence. 

30 minutes ago, Hallgeir said:

So i was browsing the Games-Workshop store,  when i noticed that they are out of stock of almost everything Dispossessed. I don't want to get too tin-foil-hat, but could this mean they are holding back stock that has been rebranded? I mean, most of what is out of stock had already been swapped over to round bases and AoS branding, so that doesn't make sense.  Holiday shopping shortages?  Coincidence?  - This was US store. Checked the UK one, and they only were sold out of the Ironbreakers/drakes boxes, so likely just coincidence. 

Ah man, don’t disprove your own rumour,  can’t handle such a rollercoaster in one post. ;)