AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

I think that could work, you are creating your own ambush mechanic!  You are stuffing exactly 50% of your points in that, tho, so even a little positioning mistake on the pickaxe turn could cost you a lot.

@Ragnar Alpaca already pointed out that warriors should bring 2h+shield. I want to add that 10 Irondrakes are very fragile, if i bring them i bring 20. At 1000 points they're not my shooting units of choice. The cannon is cool, if you're building a list for a tournament i would bring a 10man shield to prevent deepstrike, if you know your opponent dosn't have deepstrike your list could work (you don't want to keep your 30 warriors back fearing a deepstrike but still i'm thinking at a pickaxe list, and i suggest you bring one, where one of youre big units is already selected to teleport away from the bulk of the army)

Don't be so negative, c'mon :( It's hard to "tier" Dispossessed, i think we can fare better then Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords, right now.

I play in a small group but we have some battletome army (maggotkin, Ironjawz, LoN ), if you prepare well and keep your focus on objective games you can grb some victory. Learning when pickaxe and keep the strike for objective made my winrate grow up; always keep in mind your victory condition and the points output/turn.

I always hope you can  understand what I'm saying, my English must seem really terrible.

I wasn’t trying to be negative. It was supposed to be humorous and helpful at the same time. As much as I love my Dispossessed, we’re not very good. As for fyreslayers I think they’re teir 3 and KO are teir 4.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I wasn’t trying to be negative. It was supposed to be humorous and helpful at the same time. As much as I love my Dispossessed, we’re not very good. As for fyreslayers I think they’re teir 3 and KO are teir 4.

I know our issue is magic, mobility and lack of MW output, KO is that their entire playstyle got nerfed, whats the Fyreslayers problem ? Other then being a horde army priced like an elite army ?

2 hours ago, Jetengine said:

Other then being a horde army priced like an elite army ?

Haha that mainly ;) 

in general I think factions that either lack a specific strength to double down on suffer. And factions that are reduced in effectiveness on that strength suffer even more. 

Fyreslayers with their survivable hordes, kahadron with their shooting (and movement from embarking especially in combination with the skyports) etc, are apparently very hard to balance.  

Just like we don’t really have a strength to double down. It makes things hard. Even stormcast that is supposed to be able to do more or less everything doubles down hard on one aspect to be super competitive. 

Edited by Kramer

OK so I was thinking about this as a tournament competitive list.

What do you guys think? 

Leaders

Warden King (120)

- General

- Trait: Grudgebearer

Runelord (100)

- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe

Runelord (100)

Celestant-Prime (340)

- Allies

Battleline

10 x Warriors (80)

- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields

10 x Warriors (80)

- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields

10 x Longbeards (100)

- Great Axes & Shields

30 x Ironbreakers (360)

10 x Hammerers (160)

Units

20 x Irondrakes (360)

10 x Irondrakes (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 340 / 400

Wounds: 123

4 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

OK so I was thinking about this as a tournament competitive list.

I would bring only the 20x Irondrakes and up the Hammerers to 20 for a couple of reasons:

-10 Irondrakes could be sniped easily (thinking of nurgle spells, cicle of contagion mortal wounds, every ranged unit in the game, deep strike). Only one wound to them and you have 9 attacks at mediocre range.

-Hammerers are not durable, they do suffer mortal wounds from spell and have a 4+ save, 1 wound. They rely on number and have to run to the enemy. If you pickaxe the Ironbreakers or Irondrakes they need to walk to the enemy, if you want to pickaxe them you need to take into account a failed charge and 10 of them would not survive 1 turn. In my games Hammerers are what the opponent is concerned about, they are scary if you set up a countercharge or a pickaxe with charge reroll.

Hammerers and Irondrakes are overcosted units, in my opinion, if you want to bring them you need to be 100% sure to be able to squeeze  every point they cost. I like my hammerers at 30 and my irondrakes at 20.

But again i think Dispossessed is a very experience-based army so i cannot talk for you and for your local meta, if you end up bringing your list let us know what you think and what your experience was! 😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I would bring only the 20x Irondrakes and up the Hammerers to 20 for a couple of reasons:

-10 Irondrakes could be sniped easily (thinking of nurgle spells, cicle of contagion mortal wounds, every ranged unit in the game, deep strike). Only one wound to them and you have 9 attacks at mediocre range.

-Hammerers are not durable, they do suffer mortal wounds from spell and have a 4+ save, 1 wound. They rely on number and have to run to the enemy. If you pickaxe the Ironbreakers or Irondrakes they need to walk to the enemy, if you want to pickaxe them you need to take into account a failed charge and 10 of them would not survive 1 turn. In my games Hammerers are what the opponent is concerned about, they are scary if you set up a countercharge or a pickaxe with charge reroll.

Hammerers and Irondrakes are overcosted units, in my opinion, if you want to bring them you need to be 100% sure to be able to squeeze  every point they cost. I like my hammerers at 30 and my irondrakes at 20.

But again i think Dispossessed is a very experience-based army so i cannot talk for you and for your local meta, if you end up bringing your list let us know what you think and what your experience was! 😋

My local meta is death, deepkin, clan pestilence, chaos, destruction and sylvaneth. 

What does a typical list look like for you? 

Hey guys! I'm very new to the hobby but I've spent the last couple of months trying to find my feet, learn the lore and how to play and just wanted to say this thread is GOLD for a new player. And I know you Duardin love gold heheh.

I couldn't lurk forever though so wanted to let you know to keep up the good work. After Christmas I'll be playing my first full game so I'll try to get a report up so you can see how the Dispossessed do from a total beginner's perspective.

Wish me luck!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grim Grudgebearer said:

Hey guys! I'm very new to the hobby but I've spent the last couple of months trying to find my feet, learn the lore and how to play and just wanted to say this thread is GOLD for a new player. And I know you Duardin love gold heheh.

I couldn't lurk forever though so wanted to let you know to keep up the good work. After Christmas I'll be playing my first full game so I'll try to get a report up so you can see how the Dispossessed do from a total beginner's perspective.

Wish me luck!

Welcome beardling! And good luck with your hobby and upcoming match. Any chance we can get some pictures of you army?

6 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Welcome beardling! And good luck with your hobby and upcoming match. Any chance we can get some pictures of you army?

I'll post a picture of the first unit I painted soon! 

As for the match, it looks like it will be against a mixed Chaos list. Is this the chance to try and let the Unforged shine? I have heard he's not great but those bonuses against Chaos seem fun.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, Furuzzolo said:

There's a neat little combo with the Unforged and the new artefacts :P

He can add +1 to wound if the target has more then 1 wound and he can stack it with the +1 to wound from Warden King. Longbeards can let him reroll 1s to wound. So +2 to wound, rerolling 1s.

Now, in the new artefacts table from Ghur (malign sorc book) you can find an Anraheirs's Claws: Pick one of the bearer's melee weapons to be Anraheris's Claw. If the wound rollfor that weapon is a 6+ add 2 to the Damage characteristic of that weapon for that attack.

So you are dealing 3 damage every 4 to wound and reroll every one. In a 3+ hit rerolling one, that's a good shot of damage.

IF you're attacking chaos units you double that damage after every modifier.

Check out this if you want to abuse the Unforged hate for chaos!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

Check out this if you want to abuse the Unforged hate for chaos!

Isn't the +2 after the doubling? I thought there was a FAQ that said this (or a similar item) works after doubling. I'll see if I remember to find it tonight. 👍

8 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Isn't the +2 after the doubling? I thought there was a FAQ that said this (or a similar item) works after doubling. I'll see if I remember to find it tonight. 👍

I'm going to search for a faq but the weapong of choice become the Anraheir's claw and the damage bonus do trigger on the wound roll. The warscroll ability double all the damage dealt, so, following the rules, it double.

Still the 6 attacks can deal a ton, be it 4 per wound or 6 per wound ;) You need a 2+ to wound, rerolling one. the 4+ (still rerolling) trigger the damage, with the 1 reroll more then 50% is going to trigger. That could spike very high and, to this day, looks to me the best way to field an Unforged (sadly).

Edited by Furuzzolo
Add

9 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Still the 6 attacks can deal a ton, be it 4 per wound or 6 per wound ;) You need a 2+ to wound, rerolling one. the 4+ (still rerolling) trigger the damage, with the 1 reroll more then 50% is going to trigger. That could spike very high and, to this day, looks to me the best way to field an Unforged (sadly).

Oh absolutely! It's an amazing set up either way. Although still like the Grimwrath rules a bit better. Such a shame it's not the same rules but... the model is still so amazing :D 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Grim Grudgebearer said:

Definitely seems like my best chance of taking out something huge like Archaon. Do as much damage as possible with super buffed unforged then shoot the rest if he's still alive. Trouble is gonna be getting unforged into Archaon, while still being in range to get the buffs, right?

True, warden king is 16" range so that's not going to be the problem. Runelord as well. So you that won't be the problem. But getting him in is going to the biggie. All eggs in one basket and all that. Tricky indeed.

Haha @Furuzzolo, Just look at the unstoppable Berzerker and Battle Fury rules on the Grimwrath Berzereker. Those have Gotrek fluff written all over it :D The Deathblow rule by the unforged is really cool as well, but seems more fitting for the Slayers as unit. Like the compendium rules actually have. Their really fitting in my view. 

Edited by Kramer
response to Furuzollo
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Dammaz said:

Well, if your opponent doesn't know about this nasty little combo, it might go well if you play carefully. He may be eager to take the bait and charge head on.

But beware, he probably won't take the bait twice... :D

Yeah I think if I had spent the money and time on that amazing model I'd probably want to go charging in with it too. Seems like positioning will be key to how well I do. Thanks for the insights guys!

10 minutes ago, Grim Grudgebearer said:

Yeah I think if I had spent the money and time on that amazing model I'd probably want to go charging in with it too. Seems like positioning will be key to how well I do. Thanks for the insights guys!

Reading the comment by @Dammaz I’m in full agreement. But... if you can force Archoan away from certain areas because of an 100p model that’s a brilliant result as well 😂

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Reading the comment by @Dammaz I’m in full agreement. But... if you can force Archoan away from certain areas because of an 100p model that’s a brilliant result as well 😂

Ooh that's a great way of looking at it. I hadn't thought about it like that. Damn at this rate it will take me an hour to make each decision haha

• Haha 1