AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 hours ago, Seraphage said:

If you 'll invest at warmachines take at least 2 and a gunmaster with them.

Suggestion : always go for a Gyrocopter. Better mobility, does have some threat for some inches and could be proven a real deal vs hordes situationally. Bombers are n1 at rule of cool but the movement and type of ability make them underwhelming for "comp" lists :P

I think my biggest problem with the copters is how expensive they are for a single model.

• Like 1

Hey quick question everyone. Most of my warriors are made with hand weapon and shield, along with my 10 longbeards also being hand weapon and shield, theoretically if we played a game together how many of you would be ok with me using these as great weapon/double hand weapons? Basically  what is the general consensus on using a weapon not modeled as shown?

Edited by Ragnar Alpaca

Personnaly, I'll be ok with, I'm doing the same thing. I have 40+ warriors with One handed + shield, but I sometimes use them as Great-Weapons + Shields.

I'm not going to buy and paint those minis a second time over a single change of weapon.

But I'll explain to you the modification before we start, and ask you if you allow it. That's the least of thing to me.

And of course the modification mustn't be too compromised, there is no "My cannon is in fact an Organ gun". That's two different minis with completly differents warscrolls.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Hey quick question everyone. Most of my warriors are made with hand weapon and shield, along with my 10 longbeards also being hand weapon and shield, theoretically if we played a game together how many of you would be ok with me using these as great weapon/double hand weapons? Basically  what is the general consensus on using a weapon not modeled as shown?

I’m with @Dammaz. For me if there are no disadvantages to them being modeled differently I almost assume that’s how they are kitted out. But do tell me before set up  

Warriors with great weapon and shield, but also units that allow endless banners I’m okay with you having only one banner in the unit, but switching positions with a regular model for casualties. 

And even with different models different warscrolls... if you roll up with a canon and say: do you mind if I play it as an organ gun, because I’m thinking of getting one but I would like to play test it a couple of times first. I would be totally fine with that as well. 

Just communicate, and don’t be salty if someone draws a line somewhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charlo said:

On the back of this, do the Warrior/ Longbreads kits come with bits to give them all Great Weapons and Shields?

Yes and yes. At least from memory and looking at the sprues. The shields are loose bits the you glue on an arm (or back/hip if you go great weapons + shield)

Longbeards, yes. The trick is you must set the shields on their back.

Warriors, I think you can't, as the left hand is included with the shield. Or maybe setting it so that you don't see it.

Edit : Kramer, you're too fast for me... :D

Edited by Dammaz

I used the 1 handed axes on my warrior cuz i hate the look of the shield slapped on the back or elbow.

I dont plan on being competitve, but will most events refuse to give the -1?

I really think that is the stupidest rule. It ruins the modeling portion of the hobby, which should be most important.

7 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

I'm talking about actual money, $48 for a 4 wound model.

Yea i actually need a gyro in my massive army still, just dont wanna buy it.

That said, its a pretty detailed model with a lot of parts, and its a good reprieve when your in duardin infantry production mode.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Any weapon made by a Dwarf is a great weapon

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Oath Stoned said:

I used the 1 handed axes on my warrior cuz i hate the look of the shield slapped on the back or elbow.

I dont plan on being competitve, but will most events refuse to give the -1?

I really think that is the stupidest rule. It ruins the modeling portion of the hobby, which should be most important.

Just add a bit of an handle at the bottom of the hand holding it? Should be relatively easy. 

20 hours ago, Dammaz said:

Edit : Kramer, you're too fast for me... :D

That ain't hard in a dwarf thread ;) 

How do I even play this army? There is only one guy at my store who plays AoS and he beats me every time. He plays Chaos and I play Dispossessed obviously. Every game we play, he crushes me easily and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. As much as I like having an army that I like the look of, it really hurts my self-esteem being beaten all the time and never seeing my models I worked so hard on doing anything of note. Last game I played, he flanked my Irondrakes with a Chaos Gargant and wiped the entire 10 model unit out with a single combat round. I am just getting sick of this hobby since I am not having any fun playing. 

Here is my current list. Ignore the lack of grudge since it is situational.

Allegiance: Dispossessed
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Resolute 
Runelord (100)
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
20 x Warriors (160)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Irondrakes (180)
Organ Gun (120)
- Allies
Gyrobombers (80)
- Allies

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 200
Wounds: 69

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ania Redfang said:

Hey guys,

Where's the best place to get the updated Warscrolls for the Dwarves? Are there PDFs of the new rules I can download or do I have to use the app? I'd like to print them out to go in my Warscroll folder... 

Thanks

Annie

I'm 99% sure that the Warscrolls on GWs site are the most up to date barring some errata.

Edited by kenshin620

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I'm 99% sure that the Warscrolls on GWs site are the most up to date barring some errata.

The warscrolls in the Age of Sigmar app are more up to date (there are a few important differences in the ones from the website). Not sure how you'd go about printing them out though.

2 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

How do I even play this army? There is only one guy at my store who plays AoS and he beats me every time. He plays Chaos and I play Dispossessed obviously. Every game we play, he crushes me easily and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. As much as I like having an army that I like the look of, it really hurts my self-esteem being beaten all the time and never seeing my models I worked so hard on doing anything of note. Last game I played, he flanked my Irondrakes with a Chaos Gargant and wiped the entire 10 model unit out with a single combat round. I am just getting sick of this hobby since I am not having any fun playing. 

Warden King (120)
- General
Runelord (100)
20 x Warriors (160)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Irondrakes (180)
Organ Gun (120)
- Allies
Gyrobombers (80)
- Allies

Your list doesn't look too bad. I prefer to bring fewer but bigger units. They're pretty good at ignoring battleshock, you keep your 20+ models bonus longer and you get more models for the same points. That said, I lost every game when I started dispossessed. I eventually got better, but a few things stand out: 1) Get a unit of 20 irondrakes and use the pickaxe with them, 2) Don't run or charge unless you have to because you need that armour save re-roll and 3) You don't have to table them, you need to hold just enough objectives and then grab the tiebreaker with a pickaxing unit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bolgan said:

The warscrolls in the Age of Sigmar app are more up to date (there are a few important differences in the ones from the website). Not sure how you'd go about printing them out though.

Your list doesn't look too bad. I prefer to bring fewer but bigger units. They're pretty good at ignoring battleshock, you keep your 20+ models bonus longer and you get more models for the same points. That said, I lost every game when I started dispossessed. I eventually got better, but a few things stand out: 1) Get a unit of 20 irondrakes and use the pickaxe with them, 2) Don't run or charge unless you have to because you need that armour save re-roll and 3) You don't have to table them, you need to hold just enough objectives and then grab the tiebreaker with a pickaxing unit.

So get rid of the organ gun and bomber and take 10 more Drakes or Drop the organ gun and the ironbreakers for 10 more warriors and drakes?

6 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Warden King (120)
- General
Runelord (100)
20 x Warriors (160)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Irondrakes (180)
Organ Gun (120)
- Allies
Gyrobombers (80)
- Allies

Hi, I'm no pro by any means but i would advice going for more wounds in your army. Moreover, tell us what your opponent play, it could help understanding if his list has a big advantage over yours.

That said, the list i usually play at 1K is warden king, rune lord, 40 warriors, 30 thunderers (or quarellers, whatever you prefer), 10 ironbreakers. It's a really tanky list, especially if you give the 6+ FeelNoPain to the warriors and the 30 shooters can bring death to most threat. If you prefer, you can also give more rend to 1 unit and the warden king ability, +1 wound, really helps to destroy something you really need to focus. The main problem is that you lack mobility. So i got a variant where i only have 20 thunderers and a unit of skywardens/einriggers as kharadron ally, that brings mobility. You have 86-90 wounds on the table with that.

8 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Warden King (120)
- General
Runelord (100)
20 x Warriors (160)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Irondrakes (180)
Organ Gun (120)
- Allies
Gyrobombers (80)
- Allies

I feel your pain.  I know what it’s like to be continuously beat while your models do little.  I can’t remember whats it like to win. :(

But let’s see if I can help you.     What does your opponent take?