Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I have a question. I don't really like the heads and faces of witch elves and lifetakers. If I would swap those heads with those of sisters of slaughter and heartrenders would I have any problems when entering an official tournament? The rest of their body would remain as in instructions.

You would not. Paint them differently as well so your opponent easily can tell them apart =}

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

I have a question. I don't really like the heads and faces of witch elves and lifetakers. If I would swap those heads with those of sisters of slaughter and heartrenders would I have any problems when entering an official tournament? The rest of their body would remain as in instructions.

No, not really an issue. 

The weapons are the main indicators. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I'm kinda new to AoS and DoK but I love them already. That feeling when your witches oneshot the opponents general is hard to beat :)  One thing that I really haven't found an answer to trough browsing the forums though is this: If I equip the artefact Hag brew on a hag queen or slaughter queen on a Cauldron, does it affect all melee attacks including the avatars attacks and the witch aelves attacks or only those from the hag queen/slaughter queen? My friend says that all attacks gets the bonus but I feel like it's too good :) Don't get me wrong, i'd love for it to be true but if I play with another player and he/she disagrees I don't think I could argue against him/her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oscswa said:

Hi there,

I'm kinda new to AoS and DoK but I love them already. That feeling when your witches oneshot the opponents general is hard to beat :)  One thing that I really haven't found an answer to trough browsing the forums though is this: If I equip the artefact Hag brew on a hag queen or slaughter queen on a Cauldron, does it affect all melee attacks including the avatars attacks and the witch aelves attacks or only those from the hag queen/slaughter queen? My friend says that all attacks gets the bonus but I feel like it's too good :) Don't get me wrong, i'd love for it to be true but if I play with another player and he/she disagrees I don't think I could argue against him/her.

Witchbrew allows you to reroll all failed wound rolls for the unit you selected. If you pick the cauldron, it does indeed affect all weapon attacks, including the attendants' and the avatar's weapon. Its a nice little buff yo ensure your cauldron puts through their not inconsiderable damage late game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answer but I don't mean the buff from Hag Queens but the Relic of Khaine artefact "Hag Brew": Adds +1 to hit on all melee weapons. Do you know if that affects all attacks from the Cauldron or only those from the hero who equips it? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, oscswa said:

Thanks for the answer but I don't mean the buff from Hag Queens but the Relic of Khaine artefact "Hag Brew": Adds +1 to hit on all melee weapons. Do you know if that affects all attacks from the Cauldron or only those from the hero who equips it? :)

Hagbrew adds +1 to wound for all of the bearer's melee weapons. This would include all attacks on the cauldron as they are a single model. The ability would specify if it did not include the mount, which a cauldron technically is.

Edited by DJMoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

Hagbrew adds +1 to wound for all of the bearer's melee weapons. This would include all attacks on the cauldron as they are a single model. The ability would specify if it did not include the mount, which a cauldron technically is.

Oh right, it's +1 to wound. I'm at work and 1d4chan is down so I couldn't verify. But that is awesome. I'm sure there are better artefacts but you get alot of extra bang for the buck when sticking it to a hero on a cauldron versus a hero on foot then. Thank you for the answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

Hagbrew adds +1 to wound for all of the bearer's melee weapons. This would include all attacks on the cauldron as they are a single model. The ability would specify if it did not include the mount, which a cauldron technically is.

You're correct in that hagbrew would affect all of the cauldron attacks, but I read things a bit differently. It says in the core rules that mounts are not affected by command abilities or artifacts, and so the artifact would need to give permission to affect the mount, not the other way around. However, mount is a rule included on warscrolls in which they have that rule. As dumb as it sounds, our cauldrons and shrine do not have that rule, and so they technically are not mounted. 

 

24 minutes ago, oscswa said:

Oh right, it's +1 to wound. I'm at work and 1d4chan is down so I couldn't verify. But that is awesome. I'm sure there are better artefacts but you get alot of extra bang for the buck when sticking it to a hero on a cauldron versus a hero on foot then. Thank you for the answer!

So yes, it would work because our stuff aren't technically mounts. I agree with your assertion that we have better artifacts. Shadowstone and iron circlet just do so much for our army whereas the +1 to wound is pretty limited and can be mitigated by witchbrew or the reroll 1s to wound on turn 4.

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a good idea to collect all the aelven armies for AoS?😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda tempted to Try this.  Might hit hard/fast enough to cover for the loss of 5+ Fnp/+1AS

4 Drops
1960pts (So should get Triumph)
Bloodwrack Shrine - General, Shadowstone, MindRazor, Mistress of Illusion
Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven (Catechism of Murder)
Blood Sigil (Marytr's Sacrifice, Crimson Rejuvenation) 
Celestant Prime
2 x 10 BloodSisters
2 x 5 BloodSisters
2 x 5 BloodStalkers
Temple Nest
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Kinda tempted to Try this.  Might hit hard/fast enough to cover for the loss of 5+ Fnp/+1AS

4 Drops
1960pts (So should get Triumph)
Bloodwrack Shrine - General, Shadowstone, MindRazor, Mistress of Illusion
Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven (Catechism of Murder)
Blood Sigil (Marytr's Sacrifice, Crimson Rejuvenation) 
Celestant Prime
2 x 10 BloodSisters
2 x 5 BloodSisters
2 x 5 BloodStalkers
Temple Nest
 

Is the blood sigil going on another hag? 

This is pretty similar to my all snake army im trying to force to work, minus the prime. Still not sure if the investment for temple nest is worth it cause of how many points it sinks. Whats the inspiration behind martyrs sacrifice? The mortal wound generation is going to be pretty minimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Is the blood sigil going on another hag? 

This is pretty similar to my all snake army im trying to force to work, minus the prime. Still not sure if the investment for temple nest is worth it cause of how many points it sinks. Whats the inspiration behind martyrs sacrifice? The mortal wound generation is going to be pretty minimal.

lol yes, a second hag i deleted. will edit that

I was going for the extra damage for the units i throw in but yeah its MW for models removed so probably not worth it. Probably Sacrament of blood

Temple nest was for drops, but yeah I suppose it might be a waste, especially with the stalker tax

I had a fun thought just now of the 3x20 snakes lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

lol yes, a second hag i deleted. will edit that

I was going for the extra damage for the units i throw in but yeah its MW for models removed so probably not worth it. Probably Sacrament of blood

Temple nest was for drops, but yeah I suppose it might be a waste, especially with the stalker tax

I had a fun thought just now of the 3x20 snakes lol 

If i ever wanted to torture myself highlighting all of those snake scales, yeah 3x20 melee snakes are where id go. A shrine, 2 hags, and a unit of heartrenders comes to 1990. But then you don't get to run morathi... whats the point of running all these snakes if you can't run big queen snake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2020 at 6:25 AM, Chumphammer said:

Waste of 90pts and a drop lol.

I always find my 1-2 x 5 HR's very useful. Slaughter Troupe (retreat doesn't prevent shooting/charging) that I play most has 2x HR as requirement anyway.  

I generally hold them in air (on sectioned off / reserves part of table, so opponents sees them and doesn't forget about them) till turn 3. And they already do their damage just by being there. :)

Then whatever they do is just a bonus (finishing off 1-2w heroes, moving into objectives, etc...). After shooting and successful dice roll... I only drive them into melee If I'm 100% sure they will survive if they need to lock something down or finish off whatever is there. Otherwise I pull them back.

I know I won games with them.

---- playing some variation of this usually. Ulgu gives interesting CA for Khinerai now ;)

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine - Mortal Realm: Ulgu - Temple: Hagg Nar

Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)- Lore of Shadows : The Withering

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (330)- General- Command Trait : Devoted Disciples - Artefact : Thousand and One Dark Blessings - Prayer : Blessing of Khaine

Bloodwrack Shrine (210)- Artefact : Shadow Stone - Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor

Hag Queen (100)- Prayer : Martyr's Sacrifice

30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300)- Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers

10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)- Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers

10 x Witch Aelves (120)- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)

5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)

Slaughter Troupe (130)

Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30)

2000/2000, 5 drop

Edited by Sapca
list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it allowed for me to post a link to my post on the selling forums? I'm off loading a DoK army that never saw play because I make impulse purchases T_T it's a great deal on witch aelves if anyone is looking to get started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So working on my snake conversions. Am I likely to ever need 2 slaughter queens or 2 hag queens?

IMG_20200826_130741.jpg

2 hags is absolutely a thing. People used to run 3, but 2 is still a regular occurrence at the current price. Looking good so far by the way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So working on my snake conversions. Am I likely to ever need 2 slaughter queens or 2 hag queens?

IMG_20200826_130741.jpg

The best hags are snake hags. I made myself two as well. Looks good! Pretty smooth transition to the snake bodies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So working on my snake conversions. Am I likely to ever need 2 slaughter queens or 2 hag queens?

IMG_20200826_130741.jpg

They look great! This conversion is for the Cauldron I guess? (It might be a bit hard to fit these on 25mm xD)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

This conversion is for the Cauldron I guess?

The cauldron is going to be a FW dread maw, with bits added on 🤪

The both sit OK on a 25mm. I thought it would be a horrendous amount of overhang, but it's really not to bad. I've attached some potato camera pictures to show how they'll sit. 3 of the snake bodies can work on 25mm, 2 definitely can't. I figure if I bend the very end of the tail up a bit, then it will help stop it preventing getting other bases into contact. 

Thanks for the positive feedback as well @Graywater & @DJMoose. Much appreciated. I will keep posting up the progress as it goes. 

Screenshot_20200827_071635.jpg

Screenshot_20200827_071620.jpg

Screenshot_20200827_071649.jpg

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are people hoping for from the Khainite Shadowstalkers? From what I understand the other Warcry Warbands aren't bad, it's just that the marauders for STD just overshadow every other troop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

What are people hoping for from the Khainite Shadowstalkers? From what I understand the other Warcry Warbands aren't bad, it's just that the marauders for STD just overshadow every other troop

Teleport shenanigans and poisoned attacks is what I want.

Edited by DJMoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

What are people hoping for from the Khainite Shadowstalkers? From what I understand the other Warcry Warbands aren't bad, it's just that the marauders for STD just overshadow every other troop

Simple, solid rules which makes them useful in most cases. =}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least it looks like the shadow-stalkers come in a ten model box, which will be neater than the 8-9 model squads a lot of the other warbands are stuck with.

But they do look to have a lot of different weapon types in there, I'm expecting the various crossbows, javelins, throwing knives, and magical bolts to be lumped into one basic ranged attack profile.  The leader looks kinda wizard-y, so maybe they could be used as a stealthy wizard unit, assuming they can out flank or teleport or something (though shadowy cloaks could just as easily be represented as a -1 to hit versus shooting as with Khailebron.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...