AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

So had this idea for a list for LVO2020.

Since Scenarios/ sub missions/Side obj etc are all important, plus it looks like casters get additional realm spells, I wanted to try something  a little different.

Also, Cities of Sigmar/endless spells really are going to hit hard I think, and this really reduces Morathi’s value. Also, with the pending Slaanesh nerf in December it means snakes might be worth taking again.

General:
Bloodwrack Medusa, Devoted Disciples, Shadowstone, Mindrazor. (Will hide behind the Cauldron Hag)

Hag Queen on Cauldron, Blessing of Khaine

Hag Queen, Catechism of Murder

Knight-Incantor

30 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)

20 Blood Sisters

10 Witch Aelves (two knives)

5 Doomfire Warlocks (Withering)

5 Doomfire Warlocks (Shroud of Despair)

Everblaze Comet

9 drops

*Not sure whether to do 2x5 or 1x10 for warlocks. One gives me additional spell selection, a 4th dispel, more movement options for late game obj grabbing. Other is +1 cast/dispel and that 6 Mortal wounds and 8 drops.

Plan would be have the WE front line as screen, with SOS slightly behind (but 3 inches after)

Snakes behind that

In the middle of it all would be the 2 hags, cauldron, Incantor and medusa

Flanking will be the warlocks but behind the sos

Gives me 4 casts/4 dispels with a instant dispel (really needed atm I feel)
40 Bow shots with the warlocks

Everblaze comet for helping to deal with bunched up heroes

I might even swap catechism for crimson rej as being able to heal the medusa/cauldron might be very useful.

Being able to Shroud/Mindrazor for dealing with high LD stuff will help. 

The problem you are going to run into is that there are several factions which can stack cast, and unbind bonuses to 2,3,4 levels, with fearsome spell lores. It's almost not worth investing in magic at all.

By the time LVO comes around CoS, OW, BR will be in full swing and our only competitive builds will probably revolve around bodies and Hagg Narr again. 

8 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

The problem you are going to run into is that there are several factions which can stack cast, and unbind bonuses to 2,3,4 levels, with fearsome spell lores. It's almost not worth investing in magic at all.

By the time LVO comes around CoS, OW, BR will be in full swing and our only competitive builds will probably revolve around bodies and Hagg Narr again. 

Yeah, true, but I think magic defense is important.

Look at the recent winner of blood and glory. With no magic defense that army is going to run circles around people. At least with 1 guaranteed dispel from the incanter if you can keep them alive will ground their units enough to get them in combat 

4 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Yeah, true, but I think magic defense is important.

Look at the recent winner of blood and glory. With no magic defense that army is going to run circles around people. At least with 1 guaranteed dispel from the incanter if you can keep them alive will ground their units enough to get them in combat 

Its quite strange how everything past like 170 point range has level 2 sorcery now, 2 unbinds 2 casts. But they havent bothered updating any older wizards for this capability.

I hate this trickle down design by GW , like power creep is one thing, but to so decidely ****** over older armies feels dumb

18 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Its quite strange how everything past like 170 point range has level 2 sorcery now, 2 unbinds 2 casts. But they havent bothered updating any older wizards for this capability.

I hate this trickle down design by GW , like power creep is one thing, but to so decidely ****** over older armies feels dumb

I know right? But tbh I think we will next an update in 2020 with endless spell and some tweeks to some of the rules. Nothing too much, but something to update to 2.0

1 minute ago, Chumphammer said:

I know right? But tbh I think we will next an update in 2020 with endless spell and some tweeks to some of the rules. Nothing too much, but something to update to 2.0

Hopefully. I play SCE too and taking lord arcanums past the 200 point range just to see 90 point wizards outcasting and casting more than them feels weird

57 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

This was especially felt as now Mawtribes are virtually immune to Mindrazor now. Being that any time they are within 3" of an enemy they add 2 to their Bravery. And that being most of them have base Bravery 6... They have steadily been increasing Bravery values across the board with each new Battletome.

9 hours ago, DJMoose said:

This was especially felt as now Mawtribes are virtually immune to Mindrazor now. Being that any time they are within 3" of an enemy they add 2 to their Bravery. And that being most of them have base Bravery 6... They have steadily been increasing Bravery values across the board with each new Battletome.

This is one of the reasons why I've changed my lists to have 2 medusas, one with the extra spell to cast item, shroud of despair, the other with mindrazor and I also have gravetide. Have been working great so far. 

12 hours ago, DJMoose said:

Mindrazor is a situation spell for the longest time. Look at Nighthaunts, they ignore rend and have 10 Bravery. The spell is practically useless. 🤣

The only spell in the Lore of Shadows that is not dependent on your opponent is Steed of Shadows on a Bloodwrack Shrine.

I am more hyped about DoK than I‘ve been for a while, reason being that at the moment there‘re a lot of Battletomes that are strong so I don‘t have to play down anymore ^^

I‘ve converted 10 Witch Aelves to look more elite and I am going to paint them soon 🤔 - get ready for some Slaughter sisters!

Edited by JackStreicher

9 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I am more hyped about DoK than I‘ve been for a while, reason being that at the moment there‘re a lot of Battletomes that are strong so I don‘t have to play down anymore ^^

Last game I played I got called out that DOK was so op and no wonder they were at the top win %. My list was 

Khailebron

2 medusa, 1 hag, 2*10 blood sisters, 2*5 stalkers, 5 heartrenders, two endless spells and Temple nest batallion.... 

I guess people will complain no matter what🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2019 at 9:54 PM, Thenord said:

The withering, mirror dance, shroud of despair ?

The Withering is overshadowed by Witch Brew. Comparing a 100+ point Medusa or Doomfire Warlock that have to cast a spell susceptible to unbind for +1 to wound versus a 90pts guaranteed ability that allows re-roll wounds. The latter is superior is every sense.

Mirror Dance has its limitations as both heros cannot be within 6" of any units. This is a pretty rare placement considering how fragile most DoK heros are and are ideally bubble wrap by units to prevent assassinations.

Shroud of Despair is also rather situational and have to be paired with Mindrazor and other bravery modifying spells. Which again can be unbinded and may not necessarily go off.

1 hour ago, InSaint said:

The Withering is overshadowed by Witch Brew. Comparing a 100+ point Medusa or Doomfire Warlock that have to cast a spell susceptible to unbind for +1 to wound versus a 90pts guaranteed ability that allows re-roll wounds. The latter is superior is every sense.

Mirror Dance has its limitations as both heros cannot be within 6" of any units. This is a pretty rare placement considering how fragile most DoK heros are and are ideally bubble wrap by units to prevent assassinations.

Shroud of Despair is also rather situational and have to be paired with Mindrazor and other bravery modifying spells. Which again can be unbinded and may not necessarily go off.

Agreed, but non of them are dependent on your opponent.

Had my first game vs Bonedaddies last night:

top things of note:

1: ability to give multi units reroll 1s on saves (with +1 save faction is tough as mortek guard get a 3+/3+/6+ most of the time

2: battalion with Immortis and Morghasts Archai. They can absorb so much damage ad transferred wounds are ignored on a 5+ (so with saves, 
transfers and undead rule they can absorb tons, plus Archon just heals them back)

3: the 30pt endless spell is a pain for just 30pts. Doing D3 wounds to units around it and D6 vs it chosen target (all on a 2+) is pretty good for 30pts as you have to waste a spell (due to portal) to dispel it or just ignore it 

4: being able to give
Morghasts Archai +1 rend for rend -3, 3 damage each attack really hurts. They can also get reroll 1's to hit.

So 4 with halberds are hitting you with

Reach 2, 3 attacks hitting on 3's (rerolling 1is), wounding on 3's. -3 Rend and 3 damage 

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

Had my first game vs Bonedaddies last night:

top things of note:

1: ability to give multi units reroll 1s on saves (with +1 save faction is tough as mortek guard get a 3+/3+/6+ most of the time

2: battalion with Immortis and Morghasts Archai. They can absorb so much damage ad transferred wounds are ignored on a 5+ (so with saves, 
transfers and undead rule they can absorb tons, plus Archon just heals them back)

3: the 30pt endless spell is a pain for just 30pts. Doing D3 wounds to units around it and D6 vs it chosen target (all on a 2+) is pretty good for 30pts as you have to waste a spell (due to portal) to dispel it or just ignore it 

4: being able to give
Morghasts Archai +1 rend for rend -3, 3 damage each attack really hurts. They can also get reroll 1's to hit.

So 4 with halberds are hitting you with

Reach 2, 3 attacks hitting on 3's (rerolling 1is), wounding on 3's. -3 Rend and 3 damage 

#balance #dokareop #shutthefuckup

I recently went to da boyz, a 2 day event in upstate New York with around 60 people. Day one was in chamon and day two was in ghyran. Came 3rd overall with:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar

Leaders
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Disciples 
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (300)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet 
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine

Battleline
20 x Blood Sisters (480)
30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300)
- Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)

Units
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graywater said:

I recently went to da boyz, a 2 day event in upstate New York with around 60 people. Day one was in chamon and day two was in ghyran. Came 3rd overall with:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar

Leaders
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Disciples 
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (300)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet 
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine

Battleline
20 x Blood Sisters (480)
30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300)
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)

Units

Total: 2000 / 2000

Why the two mindrazors?

interesting only the 1 Witchbrew/Buff, Snakes with Morathi and no Battalion. 

Congrats on 3rd