AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Lou_Cypher said:

Minor question but.... what's the main use of the Slaughter Troupe?

It allows units to retreat and still charge, sure. But Sisters of Slaughter can just retreat + run outside 3", and then pile-in 6" anyway.

And for the price of the battalion, you can get a few extra things instead.

Is it for less drops? Utility for the Heartrenders? 

Mainly its because it's a battalion so you have fewer drops which helps a lot against Nagash or Gavriel SCE plus battalion contains great units (so there isn't much tax) plus you get extra item so for example Bloodwrack Medusa with Shadow Stone is sweet. Battalion bonus could be useful and it's very fine as well. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on this 1k list?

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Temple: Draichi Ganeth

Leaders

Hag Queen 

Artefact: Iron Circlet 

Prayer: Catechism of Murder

Bloodwrack Medusa  

General

Trait: Terrifying Beauty 

Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor

Battleline

20 x Blood Sisters  

30 x Witch Aelves  - Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

Total: 950 / 1000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 200

Wounds: 81

Assembling army for competitive tournament 2000 pts

Ant thoughts?

Temple Hagg Nar

Morathi

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of blood (General, Sacrament of Blood, Gryph Feather Charm )

Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (Catechism of Murder, Iron Circlet)

Witch aelves 30 (two daggers)

Witch aelves 20 (two daggers)

Witch aelves 10 (bucklers)

Khinerai Lifetakers 5

Khinerai Lifetakers 5

Cauldron Guard

Edited by Valenae

I Wargamers, I'm a french player so you will have to accept my poor english.

I make next week a little tournament (1000 points). I want to hear your advices because hour daughters are not so easy to play in those conditions. 

Yhe main problem : You can't use all hour classic buff  (command ability, a magic phase and have the shield of the cauldron).

In deed, in 2k, usally use a Mudusae, a Slaughter queen on cauldron and 2 hag quenns. But this is here inpossible.

I think that the option with Morathi is the best : for 480 points + 60 points :

+ You have a Magic phase. (strong then low).

+You have a command ability (tun one maybe).

+ You can pay a hag quenn for the witchbrew

- But i hav'nt the Bloodshield. 

Here is my army list.

llegiance: Daughters of Khaine - Temple: Hagg Nar

LEADERS Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480) - General - Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor

Hag Queen (60) - Artefact : Iron Circlet - Prayer : Catechism of Murder

UNITS

30 x Witch Aelves (270) - Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers

10 x Witch Aelves (100) - Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

5 x Khinerai Heartrenders

(80) TOTAL: 990/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 20 WOUNDS: 56

The herartrenders are here for the map control because they are 5 objectives in the scénario (one in the middle 2 in the deployements zones. 

The alternative list withnt Morahi

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
LEADERS
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (300)
UNITS
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

One more command point but no command ability and less possibility in map control.

I'm wainting for you guys

Thank you very much for the time you waste for me reading my bad english ;)

Definitely going to pickup a Battleforce when I get paid, had a few friendly games against a friend whilst playing with his DoK and they seem really fun, I suppose I should get the magnets ready to test out some of the Khinerai kits.

Thanks for the information previous posters! All handy to a new DoK player.

6 hours ago, Overread said:

@j0lt just remember don't hold back on Battleforces they are limited production runs and Seraphon has already sold out as have several of the 40K ones. DoK one is a great kit and gives you a really solid core to start and expand with. 

I'll probably pull the trigger soon!I

read this thread from the very start and found your comments very useful about this so thanks for that, might not be overly competitive but I really like the Khinerai Models 😍

On 2/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, Overread said:

@j0lt just remember don't hold back on Battleforces they are limited production runs and Seraphon has already sold out as have several of the 40K ones. DoK one is a great kit and gives you a really solid core to start and expand with. 

Hello new Player here. 

Started Daughters and Sylvaneth. 

Secured myself a Box and ordered now a second one. The deal is too good to not take advantage. As I noticed there is a need to get everything in this specific box two times minimum anyway. 

If I am not mistaken two Boxes can give ~1890 Points of models.

The way I did it. 

1 Cauldron of Blood (magnetized Hag and Slaughter Queen) 

1 Bloodwrack Shrine

1 Medusa

1 Hag Queen AND Slaughter Queen

1 Hag OR Slaughter Queen (depends on the Cauldron variation as shown above

20 Wych Aelfs/SoS

10 Blood Stalkers/Sisters

1 Avatar of Khaine

10 Lifetakers

10 Heartrenders

A solid buy and work for months xD

Sorry for the long first post :D

Yep I bought batleforce myself as I want to finish my DoK collection by painting 10 Blood Stalkers, another and 10 more Lifetakers and will sell rest :D 

I'm strongly considering  taking Snake build to GT Heat 1 , it would be fun not taking Cauldron but it remains to be seen, I'm thinking about several builds  

Hey lads, another list advice post inc.

after coming 27th at cancon out of 200 players  *which im happy with*  im changing up my list. 

Iv'e got two variations that are slightly similar but im after everyones opinion to which they'd pick. 

CC welcome. 

IMG_6849.PNG

IMG_6860.PNG

Edited by Olincay

For those building competitive lists, here are the DoK unit Tiers taking into consideration how point efficient they are and possible synergies.

Unit Tiers

Tier 1 - Hag Queen on foot, Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood, Witch Aelves, Khinerai Heartrenders, Blood Sisters

Tier 2 - Morathi, Slaughter Queen on foot, Bloodwrack Shrine, Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood, Doomfire Warlocks

Tier 3 - Bloodwrack Medusa, Blood Stalkers, Khinerai Lifetakers, Avatar of Khaine on foot

Temple Tiers

Tier 1 - Hag Narr

Tier 2 - Khailebron and Draichi Ganeth

Tier 3 - Kraith

All the DoK Battalions are unfortunately ****** forcing you to field sub-par units.

If you just want to have fun, enjoy a great time with friends and not be the ******. Just play whatever you like. 😁

Edited by InSaint
  • Confused 1

Bloodwrack Medusa is no way Tier 3 as she is reliable caster and almost any battalion army could take her with Shadow Stone plus Mindrazor. 

She has 6W, nice shooting ability and a lot of attacks in CC. 

And how Battalions force you to take subpar units? That's not a case with Slaughter Troupe I guess. 

Edited by DantePQ

1 hour ago, Mutter said:

What? O.o

Ist that why you see it in so many lists?

Because there isn't a choice in the DoK battletome. She is the only cheapest DoK wizard that can carry Shadow Stone?

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Bloodwrack Medusa is no way Tier 3 as she is reliable caster and almost any battalion army could take her with Shadow Stone plus Mindrazor. 

She has 6W, nice shooting ability and a lot of attacks in CC. 

And how Battalions force you to take subpar units? That's not a case with Slaughter Troupe I guess. 

This is in contrast to the the Bloodwrack Shrine which is an insanely cost efficient upgrade. For 80 more pts, you get extra 6W, more attacks and 2 D3 mortal wound abilities. The 2" reduction movement can be easily corrected with Steeds of Shadow. At 220pts, you have a 16" flying 12 W shrine that can comfortably position itself to decimate an entire blob and proceed to vomit D3 mortal wounds 

Mindrazor is unfortunately near worthless in the current LON NH spam meta.

If I read the battletome correctly, Slaughter Troupe forces you to field at least 2 SoS units and up to 2 additional Witches units. 

Edited by InSaint

You can't use Shrine ability after Steed of Shadows as it works at they start of hero phase 

Mindrazor is far from useless as there are a lot SCE, Deepkins in the meta, also you can combine it with easy to cast Shroud of Despair. Sure Mindrazor isn't good against LoN but it's amazing on everything else, also you can cast it on Bravery 10 Cauldron or Bravery 10 Morathi + possible Shroud of Despair debuff. 

Slaughter Troupe is 2x Sisters of Slaughter and 2xHeartrenders 

Edited by DantePQ

I finally got my Khalibron / Shadow Patrol list to work. Took on Blood Knight heavy Legion of Blood (I think) in Knife to the Heart. I played cagey the first turn, put some wounds on a VLoZD. My spell rolls were hot garbage, either failing or unbound. This turned around later in the game which was critical. He got into my Life Takers and Blood Sisters with 30 Dire Wolves, VLoZD, and some Knights. I was able to jam up this attack a little with combats and Gravetide while my General and 5 Blood Sisters teleported to the corner behind his objective which was being guarded by 5 Dire Wolves and 5 more knights. Geminids, Withering, and good charge rolls with my Medusa General and Melusai were able to capture his objective, winning me the game on end of turn 3. 

This has been a fun army to play but hard to learn. Very excited to continue to keep figuring them out. 

Medusa - Crystal Heart, The Withering

Medusa - Wisperclaw of Judgement, Shadow Steed

Hag - Catechisim of Murder

Hag - Prayer that counts the turn one forward

10 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

15 Khinerai Lifetakers

5 Khinerai Heartrenders

5 Khinerai Heartrenders

5 Khinerai Heartrenders

5 Warlocks