Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

7 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

This. But if you've got an airbrush the skin is a bit easier. Smooth coats from an airbrush with pin-washing does a good job on the skin. Mind you if you don't have an airbrush it's a heck of an investment for one army :)

The most fragile stuff are the Khinerai.  It's all down to their tails being what connects them to the bases. I've kept them as GW intended but I've seen some good conversions that use scenery to add stability. You can see what Vince Venturella did here:

https://golden-demon.com/2018/07/04/bronze-age-of-sigmar-unit-age-of-sigmar-open-day/

Airbrush nice idea. I don't have one. And I live in a rented place, so Airbrushing is not good for me. Unless I can use it outside.  Though I collect Infinity as well and they recommend an airbrush so I will have multiple uses.

I like the idea with the Khinerai, I mad esomeStormcast Prosecutes and had the fragile issue, scenery weights would actually help. Thanks.

My friend has a Nighthaunt army and some of those models are incredibly delicate.  He picked up a metal toolbox from the local Menards and put some rare earth magnets onto the model bases with hot glue. 

Works like a charm. 

I am shamelessly copying him.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 4:32 AM, PUFNSTUF said:

Any use a PACK or battle foam bag with trays and magnets for transporting your army? What size bag or trays did you get?

I use Battlefoam 432 Magna Rack and magnetize the bases of my entire army. With the exception of Morathi, you should be able to comfortably store a 2000 pts DoK army. You will need to magnetize the Cauldron/Shrine as well.

Price wise, if you are going to play an expensive army, may as well fork out the money to invest in a proper storage solution. And seriously, I swear any of your wife/girlfriend luxury branded bag is definitely going cost more than that a Battlefoam 432 Magna Rack. ?

Edited by InSaint

26 minutes ago, InSaint said:

I use Battlefoam 432 Magna Rack and magnetize the bases of my entire army. With the exception of Morathi, you should be able to comfortably store a 2000 pts DoK army. You will need to magnetize the Cauldron/Shrine as well.

Price wise, if you are going to play an expensive army, may as well fork out the money to invest in a proper storage solution. And seriously, I swear any of your wife/girlfriend luxury branded bag is definitely going cost more than that a Battlefoam 432 Magna Rack. ?

Yea I currently have two battlefoam bags for other game systems, never down the rack with magnets before. I’ve already picked up my magnets and my shrine is magnetized! I do have morathi though.

Note that I've not actually purchased ANY of this yet (I feel bad for it because I did contact them and the customer sale person was very helpful in giving advice on what would and wouldn't work - though it helped that I did spend a little while working out how their system worked and thus had a rough idea what could work before contacting - time well spent), but this is what I'm considering making with KR Multifoam cases:

It should fit into one of their tall cases and then the Thrones into a smaller backpack case

6 Case system storage possibilities:

Case 1
4 foam 1/2 of 6 khinerai each = 24
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/V2H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK

Case 2 
2 foam 2/3 of 10 melusai each = 20
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/D5H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK
2 foam 1/4 of 20 aelves each = 40   36
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/SM57?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK

Case 3
2 foam 1/2 of 10 warlocks each - 20 warlocks
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/D2H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK
1 foam 1/2 of 2 bloodwrack and 2 avatars
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/J2H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK
1 foam 1/2 of 6 khinerai 
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/V2H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK

Case 4
1 foam 2/3of 10 melusai each = 10
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/D5H?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK
1 foam 1/4 of 20 aelves - 20  18
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/SM57?m=GW&s=WHAOS&a=GAODOK

4 foam of 20 aelves each = 80  72

Totals:
Khinerai = 30
Medusa   = 30
Warlocks = 20
aelves   = 140 (4 groups of 30 and 20 spare slots for command) or 126 with 6 spare slots
Bloodwrack= 2

Edit - the reps reply which I recall now did change a few of the ideas above and suggested a higher storage option for Khinerai which would let you fit even more into this case system. So do check out this advice too. 

For the Khinerai models, having had a closer look at them, I believe the pick and pluck D2H tray will be able to hold 10 of them, more than the V2H’s 6. The V2H was initially recommended as my initial impressions of the wingspan made them look rather wide, though having looked closer, I feel they are close in enough on the base to be able to fit in the D2H. As such in your first KRM, you could fit 40 of these models, which could free up space for another 2x SM57 to hold the further 20/34 troops you wanted to hold as well.

If your Cauldrons and Shrines have magnetised mirrors/characters and Avatars, then I believe you could fit 3 in one case, placing the magnetised extras into extra space.

We recommend the V1T+V3T for Morathi as she does have a rather expansive wingspan, and her spear and tail do jut from the base, even if she is lying flat or angled. There could be more stored along with her in the spare space for the V1T. An Alternative storage for her might be 2x D5T in a Clamshell, and in the bottom D5T, use the spare compartments to carry additional Khinerai or Melusai models.

REMEMBER I've not bought and actually tried this as yet. This is my intended plan (currently my money gets sidetracked into more models) 

Edited by Overread

My plan is to magnetize Morathai's wings for transport.

I like the idea of a metal toolbox and magnets, though.

I do have KRM for my Drukhari. No complaints. 

Edited by Souleater

@Souleater if you're going to magnetize wings that big remember to get some firm metal rods to pin them too. The metal pin (glued only to the wing part of course) gives a lot of strength and support and carries the weight, letting the magnet just do the job of holding the parts together. Otherwise parts that big can easily have enough force away from the magnet to pop of the join all the time. 

So here is a question for you all.  How much narrative do you like to put into your Daughters? 

I have really been wanting to name my Bloodwrack Medusa, as she is my general nearly all of the time, as well as name the Hag Queens that serve under her.  I guess that is part of the fun and the challenge with Daughters of Khaine being originally from Ulgu, as most of their shadowy home is unmapped.  Not to say that there are not other temples across the realms, as I am sure there are. 

But I heard it said once (I think by @Scythian ) that the Khaliebron Temple, being the most secretive and acting like a secret police of sorts for Morathi, will probably be the first temple to rebel against her.  I like the theory that, being a clandestine organization that gathers information from enemies within and without, perhaps they discover the smallest hints of Morathi's secret about Khaine.  Maybe one of the Medusas from the temple has the smallest remembrance of the Morathi of old, and perhaps begins to doubt her once fanatical loyalty to the High Oracle.  I like the idea of my Medusa starting to slowly build her own powerbase to start her own agenda separate from Morathi.

What do you all think?  What ideas for backgrounds do you have for your Daughters?

8 hours ago, DJMoose said:

So here is a question for you all.  How much narrative do you like to put into your Daughters? 

I have really been wanting to name my Bloodwrack Medusa, as she is my general nearly all of the time, as well as name the Hag Queens that serve under her.  I guess that is part of the fun and the challenge with Daughters of Khaine being originally from Ulgu, as most of their shadowy home is unmapped.  Not to say that there are not other temples across the realms, as I am sure there are. 

But I heard it said once (I think by @Scythian ) that the Khaliebron Temple, being the most secretive and acting like a secret police of sorts for Morathi, will probably be the first temple to rebel against her.  I like the theory that, being a clandestine organization that gathers information from enemies within and without, perhaps they discover the smallest hints of Morathi's secret about Khaine.  Maybe one of the Medusas from the temple has the smallest remembrance of the Morathi of old, and perhaps begins to doubt her once fanatical loyalty to the High Oracle.  I like the idea of my Medusa starting to slowly build her own powerbase to start her own agenda separate from Morathi.

What do you all think?  What ideas for backgrounds do you have for your Daughters?

I’m planning on doing much the same, actually! I’m still debating which realm works best as their home base [mechanically doesn’t matter much as I’m using our items, so I don’t have to feel bad about crunch vs fluff], but I know I’m planning on finding snakes from each contenant for my Melusai units, and basing their “personalities” [read: how I plan to tactically use them] on that. So the hyper aggressive snakes would be the ones I throw into the thick of thingies, while more patient ones will generally be the ones I send off into tactical positions. Obviously if I need them to do otherwise, I will, but that’s just the Medusa ordering them to, not them doing them!