AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Battlepacks are just the new, awkward name for Open Play, Narrative Play, and Matched Play.  There are reviews out there that describe them.

Narrative Play now has a much more detailed (and hopefully somewhat more balanced) Path to Glory.

Matched Play has eliminated all warscroll battalions and restricted things to core battalions.  You still have a battleplan (3 in the core, more to come in GHB presumably).  In addition to this, your army list has a grand strategy that you get 3 points for completing, and each turn you have a "that turn" strategy that is worth 2 points.

3 hours ago, drkrash said:

Matched Play has eliminated all warscroll battalions and restricted things to core battalions.

I really hope you're mistaken. I'm not saying you are, but I'd hate to lose actual battalions. The Core Battalions are really trash. I figured I might use them if they end up free, and I didn't have another battalion for the units, but if they're required...

10 minutes ago, Fyrm said:

I really hope you're mistaken. I'm not saying you are, but I'd hate to lose actual battalions. The Core Battalions are really trash. I figured I might use them if they end up free, and I didn't have another battalion for the units, but if they're required...

Warscroll Battallions are 100% gone in Matched Play/Pitched Battles as of the GHB. 

It's also fairly certain that the new battalions are almost certainly "free" as far as points go, meaning thay they're likely not "required" so much as "play this mini game of army comp for free prizes".

14 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Thing to note is depending on how they word Bucklers, we might lose a save point on WE/SOS

you can only have +1AS now, so they would be capped at 5+ with under cauldron buff also

However, if we got hit by Rend 1 we would also be at 5+

Bucklers are not a +1 to saves though. 

They say in the Combat Phase, our base save stat is a 5+   

Meaning a buckler with a +1 is a 4+ in the combat phase. 

18 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

Bucklers are not a +1 to saves though. 

They say in the Combat Phase, our base save stat is a 5+   

Meaning a buckler with a +1 is a 4+ in the combat phase. 

Why bucklers are not a +1 to saves?

For units with bucklers inside Bloodshield save against melee attacks it still should be 5+ (+2 limited to the +1).

Or I am missing something?

24 minutes ago, altu said:

Why bucklers are not a +1 to saves?

For units with bucklers inside Bloodshield save against melee attacks it still should be 5+ (+2 limited to the +1).

Or I am missing something?

I'm missing that trusting the Google result for "Witch Aelves Warscroll" from the Games Workshop Website resources section was a mistake apparently. 

Current version definitely is +1 to save, sad day. 

On 2/18/2021 at 9:03 AM, Nasrod said:

Unironically, yes. Probably one of the top 5 sculpts in the game. Using them as a token 5 of Deep Strike with 1 round of passable shooting is peak feels bad. 

Double their points if you have to. Just stat them to the expectations their lore and sculpts make them out to be. 

But give us another 60-80 option when this happens.

Warlock Assassins/On foot.

image.png.12d1242c5e7efa8de84ccd17356f66ef.png

3 in a unit. Wizards - Anti-Wizards/Priests (something special, like denying casting / making it way harder)

****** 1 wound, no saves or 6+, deepstrike/teleport, default attack with their magic... annoying AF to wizards/priests if not removed. Each model removed reduces their anti-power. (eg 3 would give -3 to cast when in 9-12", 1 would give -1 to cast)

Both to act as cheap Wizards (maybe limit them to AB,MS and their own spell... no lores). And as specific target denial/removal. With new arcane bolt rules, mmmm... they could have their own special version of it. 

Have Khinerai Queens to actually dislodge things from objectives.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, drkrash said:

Regardless of wording, the +1 limit is restricted solely to Hit and Wound rolls, not Saves.

I'm more worried about -1 limit on hit, we're going to be shot to pieces...

-1 Khailebron, Lookout Sir, -1 artifacts (gryph feather generic or faction specific), Lil'Morathi, Terrifying Beauty... no stacking. Right now you had -3 "easy" on your centerpiece with Khailebron, not anymore.

DoK got at least some mileage vs heavy shooting this way.

Not sure how LookOutSir is worded, -1 or "reduce by 1" and if it's all the same now. Also Morathi's

image.png.4f462d03d633059e694a9fdc9e3a5e58.png

... Is that -1 or "unique rule not bound to stacking".

1 minute ago, Sapca said:

I'm more worried about -1 limit on hit, we're going to be shot to pieces...

-1 Khailebron, Lookout Sir, -1 artifacts (gryph feather generic or faction specific), Lil'Morathi, Terrifying Beauty... no stacking. Right now you had -3 "easy" on your centerpiece with Khailebron, not anymore.

DoK got at least some mileage vs heavy shooting this way.

Not sure how LookOutSir is worded, -1 or "reduce by 1" and if it's all the same now. Also Morathi's

image.png.4f462d03d633059e694a9fdc9e3a5e58.png

... Is that -1 or "unique rule not bound to stacking".

"Resistance" to All Out Attack isn't nothing.  

+1 to hit on someone's biggest, killiest unit is now essentially trivial - Khailebron may get more mileage out of those stacking penalties than you think even if it's less in the absolute sense than previous. 

4 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

Oh I agree. It sucks but it could have been worse.

I anticipate people still complaining about Morathi being 660. But she has to lift the entire army by herself now with how few models you're going to have on the board.

Also, Stalkers up by 30 but Lumineth Sentinels squeek away with a 10 point jump? Crimes against common decency right here.

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I anticipate people still complaining about Morathi being 660. But she has to lift the entire army by herself now with how few models you're going to have on the board.

Also, Stalkers up by 30 but Lumineth Sentinels squeek away with a 10 point jump? Crimes against common decency right here.

I mean, I agree that Sentinels should have gone up just like Stalkers did - but did you see what happened to Slaanesh?

Eep. 

DoK got off amazing by comparison there.  

49 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I mean, I agree that Sentinels should have gone up just like Stalkers did - but did you see what happened to Slaanesh?

Eep. 

DoK got off amazing by comparison there.  

Blissbarb Archers 180 at the top of the list made me nearly choke and then the changes got worse. We also lost access to our only cheap battleline in Chaos Warriors, which in and of itself increases our points on min battleline reqs alone by nearly 150 points on its own. It hurts, and it hurts a lot. 

On topic: A 15 unit of Stalkers + Morathi, some screens, some Khinerai... I think this is easily poised to be a top list in the meta still. The major things we lost, all other armies lost too. Morathi making it out at 660 is an actual steal.