AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Has anyone changed Gorgais up to differentiate them from among themselves? If yes how? 

Because I want the option to play 2 squads of 5 or 1 squad of 10. This means I need 2 Gorgais, but they need to be distinct in a squad of 10 to declare one to be the 'true' Gorgai. 

On 2/27/2019 at 10:44 AM, Xil said:

Has anyone changed Gorgais up to differentiate them from among themselves? If yes how? 

Because I want the option to play 2 squads of 5 or 1 squad of 10. This means I need 2 Gorgais, but they need to be distinct in a squad of 10 to declare one to be the 'true' Gorgai. 

Use a different body and head. There are some great conversions using Melusai tails and Khinerai bodies or Hag Queen bodies in the old DoK thread.

Edited by zedatkinszed

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Disappointed you weren't featured, do you have a quick copy paste of your list? Are you going to do a run down of your match against IDK last round?

Yes pls. I am also interested in the IDK match 

My lists was

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron

2xHagQueen 

Bloodwrack Medusa

20 Sisters of Slaughter 

10 Sisters of Slaughter 

30 Witches 

20 Blood Sisters 

2x5 Heartrenders 

Slaughter Troupe. 

Played against amazing opponents with very tough armies (Almost all Eels Deepkins, Laurie Sylaventh, 120 Plague Monks Skavens, Beasts of Chaos army which won Masters and Sheffield Slaughter and then Deepkins again). 

Lost final game as James gambled with Alpha Striking my whole army and I wanted him to take that gamble as he got only mortal wounds to kill a Cauldron and mathematically it should survive - it didn't (20 mortal wounds!!! or so and I only made 6 saves) so it was quite easy from that moment to kill rest of my troops by turn 4.

I managed to win 4 close games and got a little unlucky but James was class act and played his army so good :)

Anyway great showing for my DoK build also 8800 killpoints :D

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Realms were in play here as well and it was fine for me with two unbinds. Really great and got Mindrazor when I needed it. 

Morathi isn't that good anymore, in majority of match ups more bodies are just flat out better and I have played like over 100 games in Morathi (I won Throne of Skulls with her last year) but endless spells, Nagash and particular match ups do not favor her in HaggNarr unless you wanna play Draichi (and I got sick army build) I think Sisters are much better. 

Hello all,

I'm thinking of a beginning list of models that should help cover the bases for 90% of armies that I'd field plus would be feasible for a competitive tourney should I decide to go that route. If I was playing a game where I don't have exactly the right models (assuming casual here) I would try to proxy if I could. Let me know what you guys think, what to increase/decrease, etc. 

Morathi
Cauldron of Blood/Bloodwreck Shrine x2 (magnet action required, want to be able to swap out people from CoB and use them solo (see: Hag))
Witch Aleves x40 (thinking 10 with two weapons, 30 with shields, debating)
Sisters of Slaughter x40 (thinking 10 with two weapons, 30 with shields, debating)
Khinerai Heartrenders x10 (I know people don't like them but I'd like to give them a try, also for Cauldron Guard)
Khinerai Lifetakers x10 (x20?)
Blood Sisters x10 (x20?)
Blood Stalkers x10 (I know people don't like them but I'd like to give them a try)
Doomfire Warlocks x10 (x15? x20?)

That seems reasonable to me, the cauldrons are easy enough to magnetise so you can swap them out.

You have the Khinerai names backwards I think, but if I'm reading it right 10 of each should be fine, I don't think you'll necessarily need 20 Heartrenders most of the time, but 10 is a good number to have on hand generally.  I'd probably lean more towards 15-20 Blood Sisters and keep the Blood Stalkers to a 5, I think even a single squad of Blood Sisters will let you play around with them enough to get a grip with how they work.   10 Doomfires is fine too, if you really like them you can go more, but they're a pretty pricey unit and I've never felt the urge to squeeze more than 10 into any given list.

For sisters/witches you can't really go wrong, I would suggest maybe whichever unit you go with 30 shields on the other should have 30 double weapons, just for variety if nothing else, but none of the configurations are a 'bad' choice, really.

Yes I probably did invert the Khinerai; I meant more of the spear chuckers. I'm not too worried about shields or x2 weapons on the battleline just yet, but my thinking for a defensive posture was most people I know tend to prefer heavy cavalry numbers if possible, which will mean I might be charged more than I charge even with a faster army. 

Is the Avatar of Khaine from the CoB box our only source of the behemoth model? It looks a little static to use on a base wiping out units to me.   

On 3/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, DantePQ said:

Lost final game as James gambled with Alpha Striking my whole army and I wanted him to take that gamble as he got only mortal wounds to kill a Cauldron and mathematically it should survive - it didn't (20 mortal wounds!!! or so and I only made 6 saves) so it was quite easy from that moment to kill rest of my troops by turn 4.

Just curious, how did he managed to Alpha Strike your Cauldron? Did you deliberately bait him with an opening or there was a way he managed to bypass bubble wrap of Witches/SoS.

I face a fair amount of Gavriel + Evocators in my local scene and have to consistently wrap up my Cauldron. It is quite painful and time-consuming to always measure 3" away from the Cauldron and line up a row of Witches around it wherever the Cauldron moves. 😭

I that was the plan to bait him into charging all his eels into my line. If Cauldron survives(and I am math guy as I was high stakes poker player) I win. It didn't. 

We both gambled to get a win(as his charge was big gamble too) , also James used terrain and shipwrecks great so I was afraid that if I stretch my force he can single out my units in second turn as it wasn't possible to keep them all in range of Bloodshield. Also he had a lot of CPs which coupled with second turn High Tide and Hysh CA wasn't looking good. James played it extremely well. 

And I was one roll of 5++ from winning this. Long term it is good strategy but it didn't work this time. 

But maybe at Final I will get revenge as my army worked like a dream, I had almost 9000kill points and won first 4 games with 2k kill points major wins across very different battleplans and realms.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I mentioned a while back that I was planning on doing some more stable Khinerai using the Azyrite Ruins sets, here's what I've got so far.

It was actually fairly all things considered, the ruin columns are mostly solid plastic all the way through so you just need a decent enough modelling saw to cut them to an appropriate height (I built five Khinerai as standard so that I could get the heights about right).  And then the Khinerai themselves are mostly not too tricky to clip off of the little rocks they're normally attached to, though I did have to truncate a couple of tails to make it work.  Then it's just a matter of positioning them on the pillars so the posing still works.

DSCN0761.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG

DSCN0765.JPG

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'am thinking about starting DoK as my second army besides Khorne. Although DoK and Khorne seem a bit similar (melee focused, buff centric and of course blood!) I really like the DoK models.

I already bought a Battleforce Box, what would be the best way to go from there? Do you really need more than 30 Witch Elves or is possible to build more elite focused lists?

Another question, how does DoK deal with a Sacrosanct heavy Stormcast Army? A friend of mine is playing such an army and gives me a really hard time when I'am playing Khorne.

1 hour ago, JetBlackSVW said:

I'am thinking about starting DoK as my second army besides Khorne. Although DoK and Khorne seem a bit similar (melee focused, buff centric and of course blood!) I really like the DoK models.

I already bought a Battleforce Box, what would be the best way to go from there? Do you really need more than 30 Witch Elves or is possible to build more elite focused lists?

Another question, how does DoK deal with a Sacrosanct heavy Stormcast Army? A friend of mine is playing such an army and gives me a really hard time when I'am playing Khorne.

I personally think one more Battleforce is a great addition. This will give you;

• 1 more cauldron kit to turn into a Bloodwrack Shrine which is an amazing spell-caster with plenty of mortal wounding capability
  • 2 more 5x Khinerai Heartrenders. 4x5 of them will provide fantastic board control, objective grabber and possible lone character assassination 
  • 5 more Melusai to form a squad of 10 which is a great size to deal enough damage and remain relevant from casualties 
  • 10 more Witches, self-explanatory

And if you want to be ultra competitive, Witch Aelves are universally powerful and equally comparable to Melusai in terms of offensive capabilities unless facing high saves target (2/3+ re-rolls 1) due to the sheer amount of attacks with re-rolls hit and wounds. Currently, the most powerful temple is Hag Narr with the 5+ FNP. Combined with Blessing of Khaine prayer, your opponent will be facing 100+ wounds at 4+/5++ re-rolls if played correctly.

DoK is a higher Tier army than SCE Sacrosanct. 20 Evocators with Gavriel alpha-strike will almost nearly wipe out 30 Witch Aelves but the point cost does not equate out. Just remember to wrap up your cauldron  with Witches for 3" buffer to prevent him from harming your general.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, DantePQ said:

My lists was

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron

2xHagQueen 

Bloodwrack Medusa

20 Sisters of Slaughter 

10 Sisters of Slaughter 

30 Witches 

20 Blood Sisters 

2x5 Heartrenders 

Slaughter Troupe. 

Played against amazing opponents with very tough armies (Almost all Eels Deepkins, Laurie Sylaventh, 120 Plague Monks Skavens, Beasts of Chaos army which won Masters and Sheffield Slaughter and then Deepkins again). 

I managed to win 4 close games and got a little unlucky but James was class act and played his army so good :)

Anyway great showing for my DoK build also 8800 killpoints :D

@DantePQ i got a few
 question  for you list.
What temple did you run with em? Draichi Ganeth for the inclusion of witches in the Slaughter Troupe?
Did you give your sisters of slaughter bladed bucklers?
What artefacts and prayers did you take?

My KO friend is tired of me only playing Khailebron, so i wanted to try your list out vs him :)

Cheers!