Played two games today with zainthar Kai. Morathi- withering

Medusa general shadowstone mindrazor

Ironscale crown of woe

15 blood sisters

5 blood sisters

5 blood sisters

10 stalkers

Vyperic guard

Without going into the whole games, my takeaways were as expected. The 15 snakes have a lot of output on paper, but it doesn't seem to translate to the table. Youre going to be hard pressed to get more than +1 attack on them because it is hard to justify spending the CP on it, morathi's +1 attack for them will only work when you charge (because its easy to mitigate for your opponent), and the ironscale's +1 attack ability is a joke.

Crystal touch never really came into play because my unit was reduced to low numbers very quickly. 

Zainthar Kai has no defensive bonuses, which you feel immensely. Even the -1 to hit from shooting in khailebron would help. Sitting with so few wounds on a 5+ with a 6+ dpr means you melt fast.

I missed witchbrew for the reroll to wound greatly. Just another reason the output from the melee snakes was disappointing. 

2 forms of morathi is great. Snake morathi is an actual combat threat with the increase in attacks and more reliable tail damage. 

I'm a convert, and am now on the bow snake train. They don't put out the numbers that blood sisters used to, but new blood sisters don't either. They essentially are 1 less attack than a blood sister, but have 24 inch range and do mortals on 6s immediately instead of having to make it through enemy attacks in the combat phase. 20 is probably too "all your eggs in one basket", but 10 put out a decent amount of damage without being too much of a hit if they get wiped out.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The bold text right under the Headline of Zainthar Kai states that you can use the battalions on the right IF you use the Zainthar Kai subfaction.

Gotcha. I had read through it over and over and couldn't find that. I neglected to look there since that area is flavor text so often. Just another knock against the snakes I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graywater said:

I see people saying this, but im not seeing where this is in the book. Could you direct me?

The top of the page with Cobra Kai's rules. 

When you pick the Daughters of Khaine allegiance for your army, you can say it will be a Zainthar Kai army. If you do so, it has access to the Temple of Khaine rules at the bottom of this page and can include the warscroll battalions to the right.

• Thanks 1

@Graywater Thanks for the write-up! Lines up with what we expected, unfortunately - it's still too hard to go past Hagg Narr/Khailebron if we want to be competitive, especially in an all-snake army that lacks the bodies and wounds to take a hit. The silver lining is that Blood Stalkers and Morathi are both much improved, and work well together.

I tried out Morathi yesterday as well (in a typical Hagg Nar list) and she was incredible; even though I positioned the Shadow Queen badly which meant she didn't see combat until the bottom of turn two, she still tore through everything she touched with ease - including Archaon! I think the trick with the Shadow Queen is placing her in a way that forces enemy units to engage her if they want to get at another of your units, opening up a hero-phase pile-in with her thanks to her little half. 

• Like 1

Reminder: everyone in the topic is sleeping on harpies. Khinerai Heartrenders are insane with Morathi. Morathi + 20 Heartrenders is our new deathstar. Morathi is so damn strong and the Khinerai basically serve as insurance to make sure she never gets bogged down or tarpitted and can keep marching across the map. 

57 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

Reminder: everyone in the topic is sleeping on harpies. Khinerai Heartrenders are insane with Morathi. Morathi + 20 Heartrenders is our new deathstar. Morathi is so damn strong and the Khinerai basically serve as insurance to make sure she never gets bogged down or tarpitted and can keep marching across the map. 

What is your plan with morathi and heartrenders? Do you mean lifetakers? 

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

The top of the page with Cobra Kai's rules. 

When you pick the Daughters of Khaine allegiance for your army, you can say it will be a Zainthar Kai army. If you do so, it has access to the Temple of Khaine rules at the bottom of this page and can include the warscroll battalions to the right.

It doesnt say you have to be Cobra Kai to use the batallions, just you can

1 hour ago, Graywater said:

What is your plan with morathi and heartrenders? Do you mean lifetakers? 

Jesus, I'm absolutely crushed. My brain has intentionally missed the "melee" portion of these attack bonus stat blocks since...forever. 

My heart aches. Thank you for crushing the last minor joy I had from this book. Time to dive headfirst into Idoneth and enjoy having the option of playing a variety of units instead of spamming effecient battleline.

Pain. I feel only pain. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

It doesnt say you have to be Cobra Kai to use the batallions, just you can

Its gonna have to get faq'd i think. The fact that zainthar Kai is given an explicit allowance to use the battalions makes me think that it could be temple exclusive, since no other temple is mentioned and they are introduced along with specifically the new temple.

4 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

Jesus, I'm absolutely crushed. My brain has intentionally missed the "melee" portion of these attack bonus stat blocks since...forever. 

My heart aches. Thank you for crushing the last minor joy I had from this book. Time to dive headfirst into Idoneth and enjoy having the option of playing a variety of units instead of spamming effecient battleline.

Pain. I feel only pain. 

Trust me. Youll know I'm right there with you if you read back over the last pages. If it makes you feel better, I do think there is play with a large lifetaker block now. 

1 hour ago, Nasrod said:

Pain. I feel only pain. 

Eh? Idoneth and variety?! 

All I see is eels. Can't remember when I last saw thrall list with Bows and stuff 

• Confused 1

So I'm planning on attending a tournament next month, and I'm undecided about which of the two following lists to take - especially as I haven't built any Khinerai yet, and each list requires different variants for the battalions (I only own 10 unbuilt, so it's a very important decision!) I'm leaning towards the first list because I don't think I can get my Morathi(s) painted in time, but I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts. It's amazing how much you get in exchange for dropping Morathi, but at the same time Morathi brings so much to the table and is the only reliable source of high Rend in the army (sans the Cauldron itself.) 

List 1
Hagg Narr
Mortal Realm: None

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood - General, Command Trait: Devoted Disciples, Prayer: Martyr's Sacrifice - 330
Bloodwrack Medusa - Artefact: Shadow Stone, Spell: Mindrazor - 140
Hag Queen - Artefact: Iron Circlet, Prayer: Blessing of Khaine - 100
Hag Queen - Prayer: Catechism of Murder - 100
30 Witch Aelves - Pairs of Sacrificial Knives - 300
30 Sisters of Slaughter - Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers - 300
10 Sisters of Slaughter - Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers - 120
5 Khinerai Heartrenders - 90
5 Khinerai Heartrenders - 90
Slaughter Troupe - 130
Total - 2000/2000

List 2
Hagg Narr
Mortal Realm: None

Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood - General, Command Trait: Devoted Disciples, Artefact: Thousand and One Dark Blessings, Prayer: Catechism of Murder - 290
Hag Queen - Artefact: Iron Circlet, Prayer: Blessing of Khaine - 100
Morathi-Khaine/The Shadow Queen - Spell: Mindrazor - 600
10 Sisters of Slaughter - Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers - 120
5 Khinerai Lifetakers - 80
5 Khinerai Lifetakers - 80
Cauldron Guard - 120
Total - 1990/2000

Edited by Jaskier

Alright.

I had a fun game to test Zainthar Kai vs a fun Seraphon list.

1500 pkt: I played a temple nest with 4x5 Melusai, A Medusa, an Ironscale, A Hag on cauldron, 5 lifetakers and 10 Witches, temple nest. Zainthar Kai

She played: Slann, Oracle, Oracle on Troglodon, Oldblood on Carno, 2x 10 Skinks, 2x 10 Saurus Warriors, 5 Saurus Guard, 5 Saurus Knights, 3 Terradons with Bolas, bound Ravenak‘s - coalesced, thunderlizards

Szenario: Scorched Earth

Well...

I did not think that Blood Sisters are as bad as they actually are in practice. How can you willingly dunk a perfectly fine Warscroll into the bin like that?

2x 5 Blood Sisters manged to kill 7 Saurus Warriors, 3/10 Skinks and take off 4 wounds of a Troglodon before getting stabbed an wiped out by a Troglodon with 3 wounds left. Their output is so bad, they‘re not tanky and crystal touch never does anything, because you lose WAY TO MANY snakes even against skinks with clubs.

Surprise: the amazing +1 Bravery of the Temple never came into play. The command ability is a waste.

Overall, Blood Sisters: Leave them at home. They‘re utterly outclassed by witches and they offer nothing really, except the 2D6 run an charge.

The Ironscale is, ok? She didn‘t do much. Her +1 attack never even triggered. Her 2D6 run ability is awesome, yet it costs a CP, which it really should not. She‘s worth 100 points at best.

Blood Stalkers are good now. They‘re worth every point.

Zainthar Kai is the worst. It is even too bad to be used in fun games with thematic armies. It grants you no bonus at all and wastes the Temple slot, utterly.

Yes I am upset. I went Into the game with an open mind and thought it‘d be fun no matter what. But Jesus, it felt like playing with both hands on ones back... it was shockingly disappointing.

Edited by JackStreicher

Tommorow I’ll try shooting list vs Khorne

Morathi (Withering) 210
Shadow Queen 390
Meduza (Mindrazor) 140
5 Blood Sisters 140
5 Blood Sisters 140
5 Blood Sisters 140
5 Blood Stalkers 140
20 Blood Stalkers 560
Temple Nest  130
Khailebron 
3 drops 1990 pts

I’ve played two games with similiar list vs KO (Barak Zilfin) and went 1-1.

Edited by Nuitari

I played in small local tournament with a pure Melusai list and came in 2nd, was pretty lucky I dodged the IDK player. lol

Temple: Hagg Nar

• Morathi (Mindrazor)
  • Hag Queen on Cauldron (Blessing of Khaine, Catechism of Murder)
  • Bloodwrack Shrine (General - Steed of Shadows)
  • 10 Blood Stalkers
  • 4x5 Blood Sisters
  • 1 CP

Played 3 rounds against FEC, SCE and LRL.

Round 1: VS FEC - Minor Victory

The Shadow Queen absolutely shred any FEC units she comes into contact with. I was using Blood Sisters to trade with his Flayers and Terrorghiest, needless to say I rarely get the chance to use their new Crystal Touch ability. It was game of glass cannons blowing each other up.

Fortunately, the 10 Blood Stalkers was left unmolested to dish out enough damage. Together with the Shadow Queen, both were able to output sufficient damage to thin out his army. However, his mobility was incredible so I only won by Auxiliary Objectives. Probably have to bring some Khinerais to grab objectives next time.

Round 2: VS SCE - Major Victory

I gave my opponent the initiative, he alpha strike with Evocators on my 10 Blood Stalkers but only 2 Blood Stalkers died (thanks Hagg Nar!). T1B fired twice into his Evocators, some Blood Sisters and Morathi-Khaine herself went into combat to wipe out the remaining Evocators.

Managed to pull off Mindrazor on the Shadow Queen and she countercharge to delete 4 Fulminators, my opponent conceded on T3 with only some foot heros and Sequitors remaining on the board.

Round 3: VS LRL - Major Victory

My opponent seize the initiative to have Teclis and his units do their magic shenanigans. He lit up my shrine and rolled 30 shots (5+ MW, re-rollable), my General survived with 2 Wounds (thanks against Hagg Nar!) T1B I fired twice using my 10 Blood Stalkers to kill 10 Sentinels and his Scinari Cathallar and have my Shadow Queen tag a large blob of Sentinels, Wardens and Teclis himself!

T2A he had to retreat Teclis and his Sentinels back. He move his Wardens forward to charge my Blood Sisters to secure an objective (out of Teclis 5+ FNP) and my Blood Stalkers shot them to bits on T2B.

Conclusions

Morathi-Khaine

Her spellcasting is unreliable but her command ability makes her valuable. Her combat prowess is somewhat decent to deal a couple of wounds and she can also be used as a 2nd tarpit.

Shadow Queen

The new Shadow Queen is a beast, her 14" movement combined with her new attack profile and un-killable trait makes her very versatile. Her new Bravery 10 combined with Mindrazor makes her insanely strong. Just stay clear of anything with saves that ignores rend. Her new gaze ability is pretty awesome for sniping off Heros.

Blood Stalkers

The new Blood Stalkers are amazing, I would even say they are even better than Blood Sister when combo with Morathi-Khaine new command ability. They are even comparable to LRL sentinels!

Blood Sisters

Major disappointment, even with the +1 attack for being near the Shadow Queen in combat, they seem lackluster as compared to the previous version. Maybe a larger unit with the new Ironscale might work? Gotta test further on this.

• Like 2

Alright, so I played two games yesterday to try and get a feel of the new rules. Long post ahead.

First game was against *sigh* Nurgle. Opponent had Lord on Karkadrak, 5 knights, big blob of marauders and a Blightcyst Battalion (Basically a whole bunch of Blight Kings along with a Lord of Blights and it gives them -1 rend) along with a Nurgle sorceror and a Harbinger of Decay. My list was as follows:

Zainthar Kai Temple

Bloodwrack Medusa

-General

-Shadowstone

-Mindrazor

Ironscale

-Bloodbane Venom

Hag Queen

-Iron Circlet

-Catachism of Murder

Hag Queen

-Blessing of Khaine

10 Blood Sisters

10 Blood Sisters

10 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Stalkers

5 Blood Stalkers

Scathborn Battalion

+1 CP

1990pts

Everything except the Hags and the Ironscale were in the battalion. We were playing Starstrike for the mission. I tied in drops with my opponent and decided to take the first turn. The game started fairly well, with one of my Blood Sister units getting buffed with Mindrazor, Catachism, and Wrath of the Scathborn, They went right up the center with my Ironscale and Medusa right behind them. My opponent had his Blightcyst Battalion across from them but I figured YOLO and might be able to tie them up and inflict some hurt before the objective came down next turn in the center of the board. Everything else moved up. Blood Stalkers are great and good at character hunting again! Put a ton of wounds on his Lord of Blights and Harbinger of Decay. Unfortunately despite needing only a 7 inch charge with my Blood Sisters I proceeded to whiff both my regular roll and my CP reroll. And thus began the entire day of my dice betraying me : /. The games results I feel will be skewed slightly due to my lower than average dice rolls. And Nurgle can be a tough match up for us sometimes.

My opponent brought up most of his units with some in the back corners should the meteors fall back there, but he charged in a max unit of Blight Kings into my line of Blood Sisters and killed half the unit, suddenly reminding me of our fragility after not playing Daughters of Khaine for three months. I struck back and killed two Blight Kings. While the new Crystal Touch ability could certainly be worse, it is definitely felt when you have reduced numbers in the unit. Granted you actually have a good chance to inflict mortal wounds (I did 5 at once), but the fact that it is at the end of the combat phase really hurts.

My opponent won priority and killed the rest of my snake unit, while also charging with his blob of marauders on my left flank. He finished off the rest of my first unit of Blood Sisters, leaving most of my characters exposed. On my turn I proceeded to flub any and all of my buffs or spells and sent another unit of Blood sisters along with my Bloodwrack and Ironscale to plug the hole in the middle.

Bloodwrack stare did some work and slapped the unit with 4 mortal wounds before I charged everything else in. Took a risk with activating the Ironscale first in melee and the combo with the Bloodbane Venom is amazing. She inflicted two wounds and then slew a model from the venom, which then triggered her ability, giving my nearby Blood Sisters +1 attack. My opponent wisely attacked the Blood Sisters with his Blight Kings and luckily only killed two; his rolls were bad as well, especially on the exploding 6s. I popped the Zainthar Kai command ability with a CP onto the Blood Sisters and did 41 attacks with 8 models and killed 4 Blight Kings, leaving only 2 left in the unit. So there is definitely some tremendous killing power here in this Temple. I was still miffed that while the base Bravery of Blight Kings is 8, their banner makes it 9, so having Bravery 9 snakes still does nothing in the Mindrazor department : /.

From what I remember the Marauders killed half of my Blood Sister unit on the flank and they proceeded to butcher something like 15 of them, which caused them to lose bigtime to battleshock. He eventually brought up his knights and charged them into that unit, wiping the snakes out. But not before I finished off the Marauders. The Lord on Karkadrak swung around and attacked my Ironscale and Medusa, finishing them off as the Blight Kings killed the rest of my Blood Sisters in the center.

The 2nd objective came down in his back quarter and at the most I would have been able to run a unit of Blood Stalkers to go try to claim it. I did not win priority at all after the first turn, which was rough.

So I conceded because I had so few units left.

Takeaways:

Zainthar Kai can definitely be good in tandem with the Ironscale ability and definitely Morathi's ability. However, the lack of durability is always a problem, and if you're like me and flub your armor saves we crumble pretty quickly, which is just what happens sometimes. Immunity to battleshock for basically all of my units (despite having two sources of witchbrew) was nice just to not have to worry about losing my few units to it. The game definitely could have gone my way had the dice been a little more in my favor, and had I been more aggressive at wiping out his marauders and knights and just sort of ignoring his Blight Kings possibly could have helped. But Nurgle is a tough match-up for us because we just can't kill them fast enough. Learned a lot from this game.

Game 2 was against an assortment of Tzeentch with Scribes, Ogroid Thaumatuge, Magister on Disk, Bray Shaman, Tzaangor Shaman on Disk and 6 Enlightened, big blob of Tzaangors with mixed weapons, a unit of flamers and a great flamer, and 10 Pink Horrors. My list was a follows:

Zainthar Kai Temple

Morathi-Khane

-The Withering

Shadow Queen

Bloodwrack Medusa

-General

-Shadowstone

-Mindrazor

Ironscale

-Bloodbane Venom

10 Blood Sisters

10 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Stalkers

5 Blood Stalkers

Vyperic Guard Battalion.

Everything except the Blood Stalkers was in the Vyperic Guard battalion.

Sadly had a third artefact that I couldn't use because I only had two non-named characters.

The mission we were playing was Total Conquest. I had much less drops and chose to go first. With the way this mission is you have to be 9” from enemy territory, so I put The Shadow Queen front and center and massed behind it, with one unit of 10 Blood Sisters behind her and the Medusa. On the right flank I had the 10 other Blood Sisters with the Ironscale. Closer to my backline I had the five other Blood Sisters to babysit Morathi-Khaine and the Blood Stalkers were positioned as close as possible to shoot but also grab the left corner objective.

First turn started off on the back foot with Morathi-Khaine flubing Black Horror of Ulgu which could have easily eaten an enemy character. Contemplated using Morathi's command ability but I only had 2 Cps so elected to save them. I did spend one on Wrath of the Scathborn to let my snakes on the right flank run (or slither!) that extra 2d6 to claim one of my opponent's back corner objectives. Got off Mindrazor on my 10 Blood Sister unit in the center and put Mystic Shield on them as well from Morathi-Khaine. Everything moved up, with The Shadow Queen threatening his front line. Blood Stalkers claimed left objective, Morathi-Khaine and friends sat on my objective and super speed snakes grabbed the far right objective. Shooting went fairly well, with The Shadow Queen staring the at the Tzaangor Shaman and bringing him down to 2 wounds. Blood Stalker shooting was meh due to my dice rolls but got the Ogriod Thaumaturge down to 1 wound. Forgot he had a Bray Shaman, which would become a huge issue later for not killing him instead.

The only charge that was in range was The Shadow Queen, which I figured I would use her as the beatstick she is an charged into the unit of Pink Horrors, the Enlightened, and the Magister and tie them up. Unfortunately for my first time using Morathi and my first time fighting Pink Horrors having your tarpit fight a better tarpit is not so good. I killed all of his Pink Horrors in one turn which of course turned into blues and brimstones. But this unfortunately let him start to spread the horrors around and creep them toward the back objective my 10 Blood Sisters were holding. The horror's attacks were ineffective but with the Enlightened he was able to inflict Morathi's 3 wounds for the first turn.

He went next and got off the Blue Scribe ability that lets him reroll failed casting. Despite having Morathi's two unbinds and my Bloodwracks one unbind I failed to unbind anything. He did six mortal wounds with the Thaumaturge's spell to my buffed unit of 10 Blood Sisters and they ate dirt from my inability to roll Fanatical Faith saves. This also healed the Thaumaturge. He also was able to bring all of his Pink Horrors back from another spell. Flamers toasted one of my units of Blood Stalkers and also the shooting from the Pink Horrors were able to kill 3-4 Blood Sisters holding the back objective, again due to my inability to make any of my armor saves.

The Enlightened noped out of combat from The Shadow Queen and along with the Magister on Disk and went after the left objective held by my Blood Stalkers. The big blob of Tzaangors moved up to threaten Morathi-Khaine and my units in the center. The Shadowqueen splattered more Pink Horrors but they were able to inflict the 3 wounds for the turn, bringing her down to 6.

And then my opponent won the double turn. And then proceeded to forget his destiny dice and flub all but one spell from his Bray Shaman, Devolve. To his credit it was one of the first times he ever played Tzeentch. He used Devolve to pull my remaining unit of Blood Stalkers into combat with his Enlightened by the left objective. More shooting killed most of the Blood Sisters I had left and also inflicted the 3 wounds for the turn on the Shadow Queen. He charged in his Tzaangors and surrounded Morathi-Khaine and my small unit of Blood Sisters. Unable to attack Morathi-Khaine or the Shadow Queen he wiped out my Blood Stalkers and the rest of the Blood Sisters, while Morathi-Khane killed four Tzaangors and The Shadow Queen killed all of six horrors due to bad rolling.

At this point I conceded because even with my next turn I would not be able to catch up in points.

Takeaways:

New Morathi is good! I find her much easier to use now that you can plunk her different aspects on different parts of the board and have them do what they excel at, provided you can actually roll well. This game Zainthar Kai was utterly useless. Couldn't use the extra artifact, couldn't use the command ability (because my units were all dead), higher Bravery didn't help. And Vyperic Guard did nothing because aside from low drops, I had no chance to even use a command ability for free because of the double turn wiping most of my units. It is a shame that Blood Sisters still need to be in blocks of 20 to survive long enough to do anything worthwhile. Blood Stalkers are still great at what they do, but when running Morathi I would have rather had a mega unit of Blood Sisters and just had them run up with The Shadow Queen and wreck face. The lack of prayer buffs was felt as well, as I did not take any Hags. That was a mistake I feel as well. If I had survived long enough to use my command abilities it would have helped. Also hindsight I probably should have shot the Blood Stalkers in the hero phase just for the extra damage it would have done.

Again, learned a lot from these battles. Given enough time we will figure out what works and what does not. Hope my insights were helpful!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xil said:

Eh? Idoneth and variety?! 

All I see is eels. Can't remember when I last saw thrall list with Bows and stuff 

The book made Sharks, Eidolon, and Turtle usable. Did a hell of a lot more for Idoneth than it did for us, that's for sure.

Moose, a huge thing I'm finding is we absolutely cannot afford to take first turn. Our fragility means a double turn from even a minor amount of shooting is back breaking, especially without Hag Narr.

When I can, I'll try this out. Classic death star list. Boring and lacks a lot of our previous strengths, but hopefully Morathi's buffs makes up for those lost pieces. 

Hag Narr

Morathi - 600

Hag Queen on Cauldron - 290

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140 (General), Shadowstone, Mindrazor

Witch Elves x 30 - 300

Blood Stalker x 20 - 480

Witch Elves x 10 - 120

Command Point - 50

1980/2000

Nice job getting second @InSaint. I agree with all of your conclusions. Im done Trying zainthar Kai and am going back to hagg nar. Im interested in your experience with min units of blood sisters. Ive been running a unit of 20 for some time now, but my latest games with the new changes have left me feeling like they don't have a spot anymore. Ill be using the list with 20 for a tournament next weekend because thats what I have painted, so I guess I'll see how they fare myself, but im seeing the blood stalkers being more effective as well.

14 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

When I can, I'll try this out. Classic death star list. Boring and lacks a lot of our previous strengths, but hopefully Morathi's buffs makes up for those lost pieces. 

Hag Narr

Morathi - 600

Hag Queen on Cauldron - 290

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140 (General), Shadowstone, Mindrazor

Witch Elves x 30 - 300

Blood Stalker x 20 - 480

Witch Elves x 10 - 120

Command Point - 50

1980/2000

This is literally the list im thinking about for a tournament next weekend, 3xcept i use sisters of slaughter instead of witches. Originally I was running the medusa on a cauldron and not taking the CP. I dont like the idea of my medusa being so easily killed out, but hard not going into the game with a spare CP. Still finalizing a decision on that one.

Edited by Graywater
  • Like 1

Just now, Dejnar said:

Question. Read the book tonight. 

I can find where it says that the stalkers have 2 attacks now. Am I missing something? 

The new warscrolls for the Stalkers and Blood Sisters are in the Shadow and Pain box.

Clearly the Pain part of the box was Blood Sisters getting nerfed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dejnar said:

Question. Read the book tonight. 

I can find where it says that the stalkers have 2 attacks now. Am I missing something? 

The warscroll updates for both the blood sisters and blood stalkers come from the shadow and pain box, not the broken realms morathi book.