AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

57 minutes ago, josephsmith said:

I've noticed that Morathi's model has a few monster components. Bat wings. Snake body. Medusa Hair. The former are represented in the Khinerai, Melusai, and Bloodwrack Medusa. However she has one final component that isn't represented anywhere. A scorpion stinger at the end of her tail. What are your thoughts on half-scorpion girls? Maybe as some sorta monster.d5bpy1h-cac12d67-b8e9-4c62-b69f-2a642f58

All of the snakes have stingers on their tails

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Graywater said:

All of the snakes have stingers on their tails

LOL I can't believe I've never noticed it, I feel kinda silly now. I haven't built my melusai yet and most pictures i see online I cant see the tail tip.  I'd still think a scorpion-lady would be wicked awesome for  DoK monster though.

I don't think monsters suit Daughters of Khaine much I like them as elite infantry army. If there is new unit maybe some kind of Dark Pegasi cavalery or something like that would be nice or some kind of sorcersses council type of unit (which would echo old Dark Elves lore that Morathi was the head of all Sorceresses in Dark Elf society) 

Bringing back the dark pegasi would be a good shout, make them the more elite version of Khinerai and you're good to go basically.

If they wanted to go the monster route potentially something along the lines of a larger Avatar/War Machine would be the route to go?  As it stands the Cauldrons and Avatars are referenced as these weird things made mobile by prayer, partly cos they're just reusing old models, but they could lean into that angle more heavily if they wanted another big kit in the range.

Sticking along with the greek mythology, I like @DantePQ's idea of a sorceress council unit in the vein of the hags that Perseus had to interact with to learn the whereabouts of Medusa. 

I'd rather not have any more monsters added to the army. The snakes and harpies feel like they belong, but the faction as a whole doesnt feel like it lends itself well to lots of monsters. Id prefer they go with the less monstrous, and double down on their religious zealot, but otherwise "normal" elf aspect. Maybe a supersized avatar would work if they just have to include a big monster unit besides morathi herself.

I would love for us to get a more elite unit. I also agree on the “we have enough monsters lets get some regular elves please” but think that is unlikely the way GW will proceed. It would be nice if we could get rules for the dark elf sorceress, since she is aesthetically very fitting.

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

If 40k Aeldari ever get a plastic Avatar kit, GW might make it dual purpose for us, too.

Possibly, however do remember that the Avatar for Eldar is old right now. It's basically like the older Greater Demon models in scale and size, where as all of them were upgraded to sizes similar to the Forgeworld models. I suspect that when Eldar gets that model updated it will be scaled up to Greater Demon size and thus will be much larger than the DoK avatar. 

The DoK avatar right now isn't designed to be a huge towering monster, but a more modest animated construct. Taken in a larger number, rather than a huge greater demon equal. 

I still think they should bring more of shadow magic and shadow beasts into the army. Living in Ulgu must have an impact. 

As I said in a post not long ago I would like a smaller but tough shadow beast that is hard to shift for the enemies. Bring a Beastmistress with the kit (akin to the 40k Drukhari) for some buffs etc. Make it dual kit even to have a tank or killy version of beasts. 

I think the Daughters would enjoy some beasts running rampage in enemy lines. A sight to behold and blood for the Cauldron 

What do you think is a great way to flesh out the shadow lore?

Spells that confuse foes by making them easy to hit or let them hit worse. Spells that let you move an enemy unit e.g. 2d6 inches because they were lost in the shadows ...and such

Edited by Xil

I think they could have some kind of wizardy unit be it sorceress council or some ulgu spirits but that would be nice. 

I love the feel of this army as it's infantry based and Blood Sisters are elite, they just need a little better rules to be more distinctive from Witch Aelves.  

Also wizardy unit would make them better casters, I like Lore of Shadows but it needs some reworking - only really good spells are Mindrazor and Shroud of Despair but with lack of wizards or 2lvl wizards it hard to combo them, rest of the lore is just meh. 

On 3/28/2020 at 4:08 PM, josephsmith said:

I've noticed that Morathi's model has a few monster components. Bat wings. Snake body. Medusa Hair. The former are represented in the Khinerai, Melusai, and Bloodwrack Medusa. However she has one final component that isn't represented anywhere. A scorpion stinger at the end of her tail. What are your thoughts on half-scorpion girls? Maybe as some sorta monster.d5bpy1h-cac12d67-b8e9-4c62-b69f-2a642f58

I just figured it was Wyvern wings and that also accounts for the stinger tail. The stinger tails and the way they are sculpted heavily remind me of my old metal Azhag the Slaughterer on Wyvern model. I just assembled 20 Melusai last night so its still burned into my brain lol.

Edited by papagumdrop

Are we really expecting new Daughters stuff soon? I think it might be quite some time until we see new kits for our beloved murder elves. 

For now the AoS preview slot is going to be filled with Lumineth and Sons of Behemat and we just got our underworld gang previewed a few weeks ago.

I think people get to expecting daughters stuff because we are now one of the older books, so it's just assumed. Also I think it was mentioned on warhammer weekly that daughters should be in the pipeline, but it's never been said how long out that might be. Considering the severe delays thatll come about due to covid, I figure its gonna be a ways out still. 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:34 AM, Graywater said:

Sticking along with the greek mythology, I like @DantePQ's idea of a sorceress council unit in the vein of the hags that Perseus had to interact with to learn the whereabouts of Medusa. 

I'd rather not have any more monsters added to the army. The snakes and harpies feel like they belong, but the faction as a whole doesnt feel like it lends itself well to lots of monsters. Id prefer they go with the less monstrous, and double down on their religious zealot, but otherwise "normal" elf aspect. Maybe a supersized avatar would work if they just have to include a big monster unit besides morathi herself.

How about some cow inspired units? They were an uncontroversial crowd-pleaser over on the Lumineth side, so they might work their magic for you guys too! 🤪

On a more serious note, there might be at least some new DoK fluff in Lumineth BT. The last thing we heard is that Morathi and Teclis were both worried about Slaanesh getting freed whereas Tyrion and Malerion were dismissive about the possibility (Hedonites BT). And then the whole Archaon thing happened. Maybe there is a small bone in there for DoK fans (Morathi gathering new troops or something like that). 

• Like 1

I know you  are joking, but I actually would not mind some bull inspired shadow creatures as mounts for a cavalry unit 🤔.

Some additional lore would be nice though. I just hope they release a novel on Daughters some time to reveal more about their society. So far we only got a few glimpses through characters like Malaneth.

• Haha 1

You've heard about the AOS RPG (Soulbound) that C7 is going tp release soon (May I think)? The Hag Priestress and Witch Aelf (and likely one more unannounced class) are going to be playable characters. They likely will have some information about their society in there. Might be an alternative in case there won't be any novels soon. 

But yeah, I also hope they'll publish a novel about the Lumineth along/after they get released. 

• Like 2

Heya guys, I've been building/playing DOK for about 6 months now, I've played two 2000 points games casually as well as 6 rounds of competitive meeting engagement, Due to current circumstances, I'm looking at altering my 2000 point list to be more competitive and would love your opinions on the current build me and the other local DOK player came up with.

I'm particularly interested in cutting morathi for x2 bloodwrack medusae and making that last unit of sisters a x30 horde. as I've heard lots of discussion from the high tier players that she's not great against experienced players and can be far too easy to play around for the points cost.  As well as a unit of 30 sisters being quite the killing force when mindrazor and witchbrew are slapped on them.

Preview attachment IMG_3415.jpg

any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

13 hours ago, justpayload said:

Heya guys, I've been building/playing DOK for about 6 months now, I've played two 2000 points games casually as well as 6 rounds of competitive meeting engagement, Due to current circumstances, I'm looking at altering my 2000 point list to be more competitive and would love your opinions on the current build me and the other local DOK player came up with.

I'm particularly interested in cutting morathi for x2 bloodwrack medusae and making that last unit of sisters a x30 horde. as I've heard lots of discussion from the high tier players that she's not great against experienced players and can be far too easy to play around for the points cost.  As well as a unit of 30 sisters being quite the killing force when mindrazor and witchbrew are slapped on them.

Preview attachment IMG_3415.jpg

any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Neither of the links worked for me. Any chance you could put it into warscrollbuilder and copy/paste it?