AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Lists

Whoa, love the 2x20 lifetakers. I've wanted to build that, but that's a lot of harpies to build and transport. Throw mindrazor on one of those units and they're doing 3 damage a pop on the charge. That's pretty great. And hes running khailebron! I wouldve figured draichi ganeth with that list, but I'm sure hes got a plan.

Happy to see queen snake make an appearance. I still think she is better than people give her credit for.

Anthony dropped one of his 30 strong witch units to 10 and took the medusa off her shrine to afford those chariots. Curious to see how that trade off works for him.

I see you went shadow stone over iron circlet. I routinely struggle with this decision. Do you find mindrazor more important than blessing of khaine? Also I like your inclusion of shadow warriors. I like the heartrender model a lot, but those new shadow warriors arguably do the harpy ladies' job better

16 hours ago, Graywater said:

Whoa, love the 2x20 lifetakers. I've wanted to build that, but that's a lot of harpies to build and transport. Throw mindrazor on one of those units and they're doing 3 damage a pop on the charge. That's pretty great. And hes running khailebron! I wouldve figured draichi ganeth with that list, but I'm sure hes got a plan.

Happy to see queen snake make an appearance. I still think she is better than people give her credit for.

Anthony dropped one of his 30 strong witch units to 10 and took the medusa off her shrine to afford those chariots. Curious to see how that trade off works for him.

I see you went shadow stone over iron circlet. I routinely struggle with this decision. Do you find mindrazor more important than blessing of khaine? Also I like your inclusion of shadow warriors. I like the heartrender model a lot, but those new shadow warriors arguably do the harpy ladies' job better

I had thought of a big unit of lifetakers. With sacrament of blood turn 2, mind razor and witch brew, they can be devastating. Issue I have it you need to

1: Have them on the table to put mind razor on, meaning you have to drop them the turn before. Same for other buffs
2: They have 1 wound with a 5+6++, cause really they wont be near the general
3: Large base size. 

I am very interested to see how his list works. As long as he has tested it well and knows when to do what, he should be able to hoodwink a lot of players and do well. I thought of a Khalibron list but maybe on a local level, not LVO, cause I can plan for the scene meta. 

Morathi is a great take, I just wanted the snakes and needed more magic than her due to LVO realm spells.

Main reason I didnt take chariots (as i couldnt decide between chariots and shadowwarriors/2nd Medusa) was I threw some numbers down and they just didnt do the damage that they look like they should. I also wanted more motal wound output and the ability to pop up a unit. 

I tested between both, but having mindrazor, even for the +1 Rend, is really needed with so many bone reapers. Mixed with Shroud, there is a good change I can get the extra damage off with the snakes and worth that gamble. Shadow stone lets me reroll the 1 even if I already have a the casting i need (say a 5 and 1, with +1 from stone) but means i can try for a higher value to prevent dispelling.  

And yeah, Shadow warriors being able to get 2+/3+ with rend 1 is good support. 10 shots/10 wounds is more useful to me

I think for most matchups, the lifetakers just start on the board. With 14 move, they can get to wherever they need to be and you can deploy them out of a lot of threats without worrying about being too out of position. Base size is definitely a concern though.

You raise a good point about the shadow stone with bonereapers being so prevalent @Chumphammer. Rend is going to be even more important moving forward with so many highly armored armies about. I may have to follow your lead and trade the circlet for the shadow stone.

I've run 10 Lifetakers before, mostly as a reaction to Skaven coming out and needing something fast and fairly cheap that can dip in and wipe out a chaff screen where necessary.   Mostly they're fine to start on the board and just use their strong movement to get in, a lot of the time opponents will neglect to target them even if they're sat at the front, but with Witchbrew, Mindrazor and Catechism they can put in some work, they only issue is they don't do much work at all without all of those buffs!  Unfortunately they are a little unreliable, you can't always get them where you really want them with their big bases and minimal attacks, but when everything goes right and they swoop in, take out a screen, bounce out their 6" and clog up an entire flank, it's good stuff!

About a year ago I was working on a list something like this. But I never got the army started. Would it work to play something similar today?

Morathi
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron 
2 x Hag Queen 
30 Witches with bucklers
2 x 10 Witches with knives
20 Blood Sisters 
5 Heartrenders
Geminidis

9 hours ago, Amradiel said:

About a year ago I was working on a list something like this. But I never got the army started. Would it work to play something similar today?

Morathi
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron 
2 x Hag Queen 
30 Witches with bucklers
2 x 10 Witches with knives
20 Blood Sisters 
5 Heartrenders
Geminidis

Your list is 2160 points, so you definitely need to drop some things. I dont like geminids for daughters because they are going to be right where our units want to be (in the enemy front lines) and negatively impact us a lot.

If you cut out geminids, you're 100 points over. That's a really awkward number because there is nothing for you to cut outright to make it work, and trimming down the snakes or the witches is pretty much not an option because you're already only sitting on two main offensive threats. 

General consensus is you either choose to run morathi or a block of 20 snakes, but not both as that's a lot of points. I've done well running both, but it kind of chooses the rest of your list for you. I do actually agree with the consensus that the army works better without morathi, but I refuse to not use her. So it can be done, but it's harder to play well.

Are you doing this as a fun army, or are you trying to win events? That answer can help decide what you direction you can go.

4 hours ago, Graywater said:

Your list is 2160 points, so you definitely need to drop some things. I dont like geminids for daughters because they are going to be right where our units want to be (in the enemy front lines) and negatively impact us a lot.

If you cut out geminids, you're 100 points over. That's a really awkward number because there is nothing for you to cut outright to make it work, and trimming down the snakes or the witches is pretty much not an option because you're already only sitting on two main offensive threats. 

General consensus is you either choose to run morathi or a block of 20 snakes, but not both as that's a lot of points. I've done well running both, but it kind of chooses the rest of your list for you. I do actually agree with the consensus that the army works better without morathi, but I refuse to not use her. So it can be done, but it's harder to play well.

Are you doing this as a fun army, or are you trying to win events? That answer can help decide what you direction you can go.

Yeah I was working on that list over a year ago so the points are really off. The thing is that I really like the snake theme. My gaming group is fairly competitive but I prefer to paint and play things that I like 😊 But I can't say that I don't prefer to win 😅 

8 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Yeah I was working on that list over a year ago so the points are really off. The thing is that I really like the snake theme. My gaming group is fairly competitive but I prefer to paint and play things that I like 😊 But I can't say that I don't prefer to win 😅 

I'm right there with you then. The snakes got me into this army, so I wont play without morathi and my unit of 20 blood sisters. It's not the most efficient competitive daughters list, but I've gone 16 wins and 4 losses at 2 day tournaments with:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar

Leaders
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Disciples
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (300)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet
- Prayer: Martyr's Sacrifice
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor

Battleline
30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)
- Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers
20 x Blood Sisters (480)

Units
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

I had a similar mindset as you, in which I wanted to do well but use the models I liked. This is what I ended up with. 

Hi all I really don't like the Cauldron of Blood model. It looks really goofy for me, flimsy, and weird.

However as much as I'd like to skip it, it really does seem like a must-take in DoK, so has anyone managed to convert it or have a GW model proxy as it?

I was thinking of converting one of the giant chariots of Slaanesh into one. Has anyone done it before, have ideas or pictures?

1 hour ago, Snakeb1te said:

Hi all I really don't like the Cauldron of Blood model. It looks really goofy for me, flimsy, and weird.

However as much as I'd like to skip it, it really does seem like a must-take in DoK, so has anyone managed to convert it or have a GW model proxy as it?

I was thinking of converting one of the giant chariots of Slaanesh into one. Has anyone done it before, have ideas or pictures?

I'm right there with you. The inability for it to move on it's own is what I couldn't stand. So this is mine. It's a helstalker from the 40k lord discordant kit, but the saddle has been replaced with the platform for my "hag" to stand on. I dont have a side picture but it has a small ruined wall on the side that its crawling up to give it some height. Then the avatar of yncarne is my avatar model. I have it floating off the top of that low wall.

20200107_074019.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graywater said:

I'm right there with you. The inability for it to move on it's own is what I couldn't stand. So this is mine. It's a helstalker from the 40k lord discordant kit, but the saddle has been replaced with the platform for my "hag" to stand on. I dont have a side picture but it has a small ruined wall on the side that its crawling up to give it some height. Then the avatar of yncarne is my avatar model. I have it floating off the top of that low wall.

20200107_074019.jpg

Very clever using an alternative Avatar model! Love it - though I feel the monster below perhaps is not thematic enough to fit with DoK, this conversion is beautiful, and hands down beats the 'wheelchair' of blood :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Snakeb1te said:

Very clever using an alternative Avatar model! Love it - though I feel the monster below perhaps is not thematic enough to fit with DoK, this conversion is beautiful, and hands down beats the 'wheelchair' of blood :D

Thanks. The harpies, snakes, and morathi take center stage in my army, so the monster cauldron is actually what I was going for. If I were to build one that fits more with the general daughters aesthetic, the slaanesh chariot isnt a bad call. Maybe pulled by the drakespawn knight mounts.

Rough overview of the LVO2020

Game 1: Calvin with Soulblight (Won 24-2)

Swift Death
Vampire lord on Zombie dragon, General, mist form, lance,shield, chalice, ethereal amuler, amethystine Pinons 

Vampire lord
Flying Horror
amaranthine orb

Neferata – Mortach of blood
Vile Transference
10 Blood Knights
2 x 3 Varghiests
20 Bladesgheist revenants 

Calvin held back his bladesheists, scared to charge my fully buffed SOS. Meant SOS took out the knights and Snakes took out his General.

His saving grace was Nef rolling the 6 after wounding the cauldron to kill it before she went down.

Game 2: Brandon with IDK (Won 20 - 5)
Ionrach
Akhelian King, General, polearm, emissary of the deep places, cloud of midnight

Isharann tidecaster, steed of tides

Isharann Tidecaster, Pressure of the deep

Gotrek

2 x 3 Ishlaen Guard
4 x 3 Morrsarr Guard

Chonomantic cogs

Made him go first. He ran forwards to hold points. I abused cogs and realm spell wildform and got a double 6 charge on the witch aelves to get into gotrek and get 2 wounds. Shadow warriors chipped 2 more then SOS killed him in combat turn 3. 
Swarmed the points and took the win, but not enough for the major

Game 3: Josh with Fyreslayers (25-0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer

Auric Runemaster, Ember storm

Auric Runesmiter, forge key, Prayer of ash

Battle Smith, The Nulisdian Icon

2 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with poleaxes

15 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

3 Gyrocopters

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

He made me go first so I didn’t move bar a few inches on SOS. He did the same, nervous to engage as his army was split and mine was central. Managed to take out the gyrocopters with a Witch aelve charge and shadow warriors. Meant they did nothing. After he failed to cast run and charge, I piled into his right flank, snakes move right/center. Meant turn 4 he only had general, hero, 20 Hearthguard on is corner vs my whole army. I ran everything over and piled into him. Snakes with mindrazor and infernal blades just wiped him out. 

Game 4: Joshua with Tempest Eye (18 – 9)

Leaders
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage 
- General - Trait: Hawk-eyed- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Celestial Visions 
Battlemage- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Strike of Eagles - Mortal Realm: Chamon
Luminark of Hysh With White Battlemage - Spell: Lore of Eagles - Aura of Glory (Tempest's Eye Wizard)
Aether-Khemist
30 x Freeguild Handgunners
20 x Freeguild Handgunners
40 x Arkanaut Company - 12x Light Skyhooks
5 x Freeguild Outriders 
Extra Command Point 
Soulscream Bridge 

Thought I was done for as he got the double. He used the bridge to jump everything up and in 2 rounds of shooting took out my Cauldron and 24 Sisters of Slaughter and 6 snakes. Ouch. However, Snakes and Medusa totally pulled it back into a win. Very tight game 

Game 5: Philippe with Fyreslayers (25 – 0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer, General, Warrior Indominate 

Auric Runesmiter on magmadroth, coal-heart ancient, Prayer of ash

3 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

All my prayers and spells worked out in this game, and I managed to make him push too much, meaning I could take out a unit at a time. 

End of Day two I was 5th/168 on points and in the final 8:

I have some issues with the set up for game 6. It was a complete mess of organization and meant the players were told the mission from a random page in the book, and told time had started (using death clocks which no heads up was given)

This meant we had to get to tables (as half had been sent to wrong tables) and set up scenarios and army on the clock. Means I totally missed he had the soulscream bridge and let him go first as I thought I was out of range. 

Game 6: Gregor with Skaven (Loss)

Greyseer on bell, general master of magic, Death Frenzy

Grey Seer, skitterleap

Warlock Engineer, vigordust injector, more more warp power

3 x 20 Clanrats with shields

40 plague monks, woe staves.

6 stormfiends, 2 windlaunchers, 2 ratling cannons, 1 doomflayer gauntlets, 1 shock gauntlets

Hell pit Abomination

Soulscream bridge
Prismatic Palisade 

He rolled 30 for his rating guns turn 1 and killed all my sos. Launders killed 7 snakes (inc battle shock for both)

I managed to pull it back, taking his Abom to 1 wound, killing 24 Plague monks, his warlock engineers and half his clanrats. However, he was now up 10 – 6 by end of turn 3 (I also forgot a mind razor cast turn 2 and to move with aelves turn 1. Clock really put me off). I was down a hag, incantor, and both Shrine and Cauldron on full wounds.

If I had won priotiry, I could have killed the middle inc his seers and pulled a Win/Draw

If he won, I could pull a draw then kill points (which meant I could pull it as still lots of points left)

Sadly he won priority, then double 6 banishment my shrine to the back of the board. I called it there as I couldn’t pull it back. 

All in all a great weekend. I aimed to get into the top 20 if I could, so I wasn’t down when I lost (actually had a laugh the last round with him)

I got into the top 14 painted, and not sure how many sports votes I got but ended up 7/168 and then I won best overall. Pretty damn happy. 

Double Medusa was awesome. Really helped. Incantor was average, as was the comet. Mainly as 2 of the games Fyreslayers ignored on a 4+ lol.
10 Witchalves I kinda wish I had put shields on for the pot hit back damage. 

New list has 1x20 and 1x10 Shadow warriors lol. Really useful unit.

I and switching back to a Slaughter queen for general as that command ability would have been great

EPQknx1VAAIMpAC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Rough overview of the LVO2020

Game 1: Calvin with Soulblight (Won 24-2)

Swift Death
Vampire lord on Zombie dragon, General, mist form, lance,shield, chalice, ethereal amuler, amethystine Pinons 

Vampire lord
Flying Horror
amaranthine orb

Neferata – Mortach of blood
Vile Transference
10 Blood Knights
2 x 3 Varghiests
20 Bladesgheist revenants 

Calvin held back his bladesheists, scared to charge my fully buffed SOS. Meant SOS took out the knights and Snakes took out his General.

His saving grace was Nef rolling the 6 after wounding the cauldron to kill it before she went down.

Game 2: Brandon with IDK (Won 20 - 5)
Ionrach
Akhelian King, General, polearm, emissary of the deep places, cloud of midnight

Isharann tidecaster, steed of tides

Isharann Tidecaster, Pressure of the deep

Gotrek

2 x 3 Ishlaen Guard
4 x 3 Morrsarr Guard

Chonomantic cogs

Made him go first. He ran forwards to hold points. I abused cogs and realm spell wildform and got a double 6 charge on the witch aelves to get into gotrek and get 2 wounds. Shadow warriors chipped 2 more then SOS killed him in combat turn 3. 
Swarmed the points and took the win, but not enough for the major

Game 3: Josh with Fyreslayers (25-0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer

Auric Runesmiter, forge key, Prayer of ash

2 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with poleaxes

15 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

3 Gyrocopters

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

He made me go first so I didn’t move bar a few inches on SOS. He did the same, nervous to engage as his army was split and mine was central. Managed to take out the gyrocopters with a Witch aelve charge and shadow warriors. Meant they did nothing. After he failed to cast run and charge, I piled into his right flank, snakes move right/center. Meant turn 4 he only had general, hero, 20 Hearthguard on is corner vs my whole army. I ran everything over and piled into him. Snakes with mindrazor and infernal blades just wiped him out. 

Game 4: Joshua with Tempest Eye (18 – 9)

Leaders
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage 
- General - Trait: Hawk-eyed- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Celestial Visions 
Battlemage- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Strike of Eagles - Mortal Realm: Chamon
Luminark of Hysh With White Battlemage - Spell: Lore of Eagles - Aura of Glory (Tempest's Eye Wizard)
Aether-Khemist
30 x Freeguild Handgunners
20 x Freeguild Handgunners
40 x Arkanaut Company - 12x Light Skyhooks
5 x Freeguild Outriders 
Extra Command Point 
Soulscream Bridge 

Thought I was done for as he got the double. He used the bridge to jump everything up and in 2 rounds of shooting took out my Cauldron and 24 Sisters of Slaughter and 6 snakes. Ouch. However, Snakes and Medusa totally pulled it back into a win. Very tight game 

Game 5: Philippe with Fyreslayers (25 – 0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer, General, Warrior Indominate 

Auric Runesmiter on magmadroth, coal-heart ancient, Prayer of ash

3 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

All my prayers and spells worked out in this game, and I managed to make him push too much, meaning I could take out a unit at a time. 

End of Day two I was 5th/168 on points and in the final 8:

I have some issues with the set up for game 6. It was a complete mess of organization and meant the players were told the mission from a random page in the book, and told time had started (using death clocks which no heads up was given)

This meant we had to get to tables (as half had been sent to wrong tables) and set up scenarios and army on the clock. Means I totally missed he had the soulscream bridge and let him go first as I thought I was out of range. 

Game 6: Gregor with Skaven (Loss)

Greyseer on bell, general master of magic, Death Frenzy

Grey Seer, skitterleap

Warlock Engineer, vigordust injector, more more warp power

3 x 20 Clanrats with shields

40 plague monks, woe staves.

6 stormfiends, 2 windlaunchers, 2 ratling cannons, 1 doomflayer gauntlets, 1 shock gauntlets

Hell pit Abomination

Soulscream bridge
Prismatic Palisade 

He rolled 30 for his rating guns turn 1 and killed all my sos. Launders killed 7 snakes (inc battle shock for both)

I managed to pull it back, taking his Abom to 1 wound, killing 24 Plague monks, his warlock engineers and half his clanrats. However, he was now up 10 – 6 by end of turn 3 (I also forgot a mind razor cast turn 2 and to move with aelves turn 1. Clock really put me off). I was down a hag, incantor, and both Shrine and Cauldron on full wounds.

If I had won priotiry, I could have killed the middle inc his seers and pulled a Win/Draw

If he won, I could pull a draw then kill points (which meant I could pull it as still lots of points left)

Sadly he won priority, then double 6 banishment my shrine to the back of the board. I called it there as I couldn’t pull it back. 

All in all a great weekend. I aimed to get into the top 20 if I could, so I wasn’t down when I lost (actually had a laugh the last round with him)

I got into the top 14 painted, and not sure how many sports votes I got but ended up 7/168 and then I won best overall. Pretty damn happy. 

Double Medusa was awesome. Really helped. Incantor was average, as was the comet. Mainly as 2 of the games Fyreslayers ignored on a 4+ lol.
10 Witchalves I kinda wish I had put shields on for the pot hit back damage. 

New list has 1x20 and 1x10 Shadow warriors lol. Really useful unit.

I and switching back to a Slaughter queen for general as that command ability would have been great

EPQknx1VAAIMpAC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Kinda sad we didnt get to play, would certainly have been more exciting than seeing Slaanesh Triple Keeper at the top (again) lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Congrats @Chumphammer. I was following along on BCP. Super excited to see two daughters list in top 8. Lots of tough opponents there. What would you have done differently in that skaven game? They've routinely been my toughest matchup.

Not let him go 1st? lol

Woulda meant Incantor could have auto dispelled the bridge. (though he kept the keyseer back)

Woulda dropped the shadow warriors to try and pop the Greyseer at the back, or the Warlock (with comet doing damage to)

I would have had Witch brew up, which would have stopped 7 SoS running away.  Maybe even Blessing to keep them more in the game. 

Remembering Mindrazor (which he might have dispelled) turn 2 would have been big, as snakes were in with the Stormfiends.

Being more aggressive would have been better.  But hey, it happens and cant change that. I made big mistakes due to feeling the pressure with that damn death clock, and thats ok. Something to learn from, as at turn 3 I breathed and calmed it down a little realizing i still had 36mins left 

@jhanslam totally my dude. Would have been a great laugh to play you and far more fun of a game for us both lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Next question, what do you mean by death clock? Like they had a hard stop time on the round, or was it 40k-like chess clocks where you are only allowed so much time for your own turns?

like warmachine. A chess clock with each player having 123 minutes. If you run out you are done. This included setting up and reading the 2018 scenario (which I have never played) and our armies

Nothing in the pack about this. 

8 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

like warmachine. A chess clock with each player having 123 minutes. If you run out you are done. This included setting up and reading the 2018 scenario (which I have never played) and our armies

Nothing in the pack about this. 

Oof. A clock I'm ok with, but I'd want to know about it beforehand. But including deployment time and reading lists/scenarios seems uncool. What scenario was it?

Edited by Graywater

6 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

2018 Shifting objectives which plays length ways not width 

Wonder why they chose the old version of that one. The objectives are so close that there isnt much of a risk in just rushing middle. You'll pretty much always be able to move to the important objective. Then its just a game of king of the hill.

7 hours ago, Graywater said:

Wonder why they chose the old version of that one. The objectives are so close that there isnt much of a risk in just rushing middle. You'll pretty much always be able to move to the important objective. Then its just a game of king of the hill.

No idea why 2018 scenarios are used. I started in 2.0 so hadnt really played any of them bar during practice games

Next tournament I have isnt for a few months yet. Debating on either a Gortek list, to get my final 3/3 for the Gotrek rankings, or go for something I think will do better.  Putting both ideas down below:

Gotrek of Khaine:

Hagg Nar
Slaughterqueen on Cauldron of Blood, General, Blessing of khaine, devoted Disciples
Bloodwrack Medusa - Mindrazor, Shadow stone 
Hag Queen: Catachism of Murder
3 x 10 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
20 Blood Sisters
5 Khinerai Lifetakers
Gotrek Gurnisson

WetCoastGT test:
Hagg Nar
Slaughterqueen on Cauldron of Blood, General, Blessing of khaine, devoted Disciples
Hag Queen: Sacrament of Blood 
Hag Queen: Catechism of murder
Bloodwrack Medusa: Mindrazor, Shadow Stone
2 x 10 Witch Aevles (bucklers)
30 Sisters of Slaughter (bucklers)
20 Blood Sisters 
20 Shadow Warriors
10 Shadow Warriors

Edited by Chumphammer

13 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

No idea why 2018 scenarios are used. I started in 2.0 so hadnt really played any of them bar during practice games

Next tournament I have isnt for a few months yet. Debating on either a Gortek list, to get my final 3/3 for the Gotrek rankings, or go for something I think will do better.  Putting both ideas down below:

Gotrek of Khaine:

Hagg Nar
Bloodwrack Medusa - Mindrazor, Shadow stone 
Hag Queen: Catachism of Murder
2 x 10 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
20 Blood Sisters
5 Khinerai Lifetakers
Gotrek Gurnisson

WetCoastGT test:
Hagg Nar
Hag Queen: Sacrament of Blood 
Hag Queen: Catechism of murder
Bloodwrack Medusa: Mindrazor, Shadow Stone
2 x 10 Witch Aevles (bucklers)
30 Sisters of Slaughter (bucklers)
20 Blood Sisters 
20 Shadow Warriors
10 Shadow Warriors

Your gotrek list only has 2 battleline.

Your second list is brutal though. I always forget how much more you can fit into a list without morathi. That many shadow warriors is bold. I find it funny how much heartrenders were maligned, yet theres an even better option available now.