AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

5 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The points changes on under-used units aren't unwelcome, but it's still basically a choice between an Avatar or a Medusa, or Blood Stalkers over 10 more infantry bodies.  But still, at 140 I'll toss an Avatar into a for funsies list, it's an entertaining piece in that sort of format.

I kinda wish they changed it from a prayer to keeping the Avatar within 6 or 12 of a hag

I would think about using one if it didnt fail to do anything for a whole turn on a 1 or 2

That would be a decent change, certainly.  Though because they always activate from round 3 onwards you can deploy them in cover for a 2+ save (with Blood Shield) and use them to protect your backfield in the late game even if you don't get the activation prayer off when you need it.  And if I recall you can pray to activate them multiple times per turn I think?  So it's not so bad.

"However, the same Prayer of
the Khainite Cult can only be prayed for once in each of your
hero phases, regardless of how many priests know that prayer."

Avatar gives all the of hags "wrath of khaine" prayer on top of their other prayers but I cant see it anywhere that Wrath of khaine can be used more than once

3 hours ago, InSaint said:

Too early to say. At 120pts it is now possible to field 2x20 and have Morathi make them shoot twice in a 2k list!

This is true. However, with just 1 shot per snake, the unit is still very inefficient. Morathi and 2x20 snakes is gonna be 1440 points, and only puts out about 23 damage after saves to a 4+ save unit. They do 35 to a 6+ save unit. So you maybe kill a single unit, but then you only have 560 points for an actual army-hags, sisters of slaughter, sisters of slaughter, witch aelves and the like. I'd like to see someone give it a go, but I cant see it working well on paper. The single shot really hurts this unit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graywater said:

This is true. However, with just 1 shot per snake, the unit is still very inefficient. Morathi and 2x20 snakes is gonna be 1440 points, and only puts out about 23 damage after saves to a 4+ save unit. They do 35 to a 6+ save unit. So you maybe kill a single unit, but then you only have 560 points for an actual army-hags, sisters of slaughter, sisters of slaughter, witch aelves and the like. I'd like to see someone give it a go, but I cant see it working well on paper. The single shot really hurts this unit.

This

When the book gets a redo hopefully they will be reviewed. As Graywater says, 1 damage at rend 1 just doesnt cut it. 1 mortal wound on a 6 and then no additional damage doesnt cut it. 2 shots, or damage 2 would help. I think 2 shots would be a lot better, as then you can get a good mix of damage with a few MW on top. Until then, mine will remain unused and unloved

Hi Guys and Girls. Pretty new to daughters and would Love to get your oppinion on my 2K Hag Narr list.

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron (General, gryph feather charm)

Morathi

Hag Queen (Iron circlet)

30 Witches

10 Witches

10 Witches

10 Blood Sisters

2×5 Lifetakers

Cauldron Guard

I watched a Lot of Battlereports on the Honest Wargamer but I dont want to Play another 30 Witches or Sisters. Instead i want to Mix it Up with some Blood sisters so i have 3 strong Units on the Battlefield. Another Problem is, that I only have one witchbrew per Turn.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

Henry

1 hour ago, HNDRXX9717 said:

Hi Guys and Girls. Pretty new to daughters and would Love to get your oppinion on my 2K Hag Narr list.

Morathi

Hag Queen (Iron circlet)

30 Witches

10 Witches

10 Witches

10 Blood Sisters

2×5 Lifetakers

Cauldron Guard

I watched a Lot of Battlereports on the Honest Wargamer but I dont want to Play another 30 Witches or Sisters. Instead i want to Mix it Up with some Blood sisters so i have 3 strong Units on the Battlefield. Another Problem is, that I only have one witchbrew per Turn.

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

Henry

Its a good enough list. 10 Snakes can really hurt as long as you screen them to get them into combat. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HNDRXX9717 said:

Morathi

Hag Queen (Iron circlet)

30 Witches

10 Witches

10 Witches

10 Blood Sisters

2×5 Lifetakers

Cauldron Guard

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

Henry

Hi henry,

Your list seems solid enough as a starting point; you've got a little bit of everything to get a feel for what daughters of khaine have available. Typical daughters lists end up fairly homogeneous because we have a limited model range and there are clear winners when it comes to most effective builds. Your list overall is pretty close to one of the standards and should serve you well. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

tried double Bloodwrack Medusa on Wed (one shrine, one foot) and in turn 2 both shot into 40 Mortek guard, killing 15. The overlapping shooting on a compact horde unit is great. Sadly I only got 1 turn of shooting with them as it was blood and glory and I won turn 3

Not getting to use a unit or ability because you already won the game is such a 1st world problem to have that it hurts. Just another one of daughters' many useful tools. I find people either forget about the state attack, or go way out of their way to avoid it. Very effective in both instances.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Not getting to use a unit or ability because you already won the game is such a 1st world problem to have that it hurts. Just another one of daughters' many useful tools. I find people either forget about the state attack, or go way out of their way to avoid it. Very effective in both instances.

😁😁😁

Think I have my list happy for LVO. 

LVO2020
DOK: Hag Narr
2000/2000 (9 Drops)

General: Bloodwrack Shrine, Devoted Disciples, Shadow Stone, Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (Blessing of Khaine)
Hag Queen (Catachism of Murder)
Bloodwrack Medusa (Shroud of despair (though maybe steed of shadows)
Knight-Incantor
30 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
10 Witch Aelves (knives)
20 Blood Sisters
10 Shadow Warriors
Everblaze Comet

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 10:59 AM, Chumphammer said:

Think I have my list happy for LVO. 

LVO2020
DOK: Hag Narr
2000/2000 (9 Drops)

General: Bloodwrack Shrine, Devoted Disciples, Shadow Stone, Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (Blessing of Khaine)
Hag Queen (Catachism of Murder)
Bloodwrack Medusa (Shroud of despair (though maybe steed of shadows)
Knight-Incantor
30 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
10 Witch Aelves (knives)
20 Blood Sisters
10 Shadow Warriors
Everblaze Comet

Could drop the Comet, Incantor, Bloodwrack Shrine, and 5 Sisters to free up 500 points for buying Morathi, while still leaving the foot slogging Medusa to be your general holding a Shadow Stone.

Meteor is great, sure, but when the difference between a shrine and Morathi comes down to these cuts it feels like an obvious improvement. It's painful to take 15 Sisters when the discount for 20 is so good, I know, but again... Morathi. 

Even if you don't like the idea of dropping the gimmick (Note: Gimmick =/= Bad thing, it is just an acknowledgement of the rare unique twist to a DoK list), I will likely steal this list save for swapping the 10 warriors for 5 Heartrenders due to my model availability, and running the 30 SoS as Knife+Blade elves as that is all I have access to atm.

It looks really, really solid. 

6 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

Could drop the Comet, Incantor, Bloodwrack Shrine, and 5 Sisters to free up 500 points for buying Morathi, while still leaving the foot slogging Medusa to be your general holding a Shadow Stone.

Meteor is great, sure, but when the difference between a shrine and Morathi comes down to these cuts it feels like an obvious improvement. It's painful to take 15 Sisters when the discount for 20 is so good, I know, but again... Morathi. 

Even if you don't like the idea of dropping the gimmick (Note: Gimmick =/= Bad thing, it is just an acknowledgement of the rare unique twist to a DoK list), I will likely steal this list save for swapping the 10 warriors for 5 Heartrenders due to my model availability, and running the 30 SoS as Knife+Blade elves as that is all I have access to atm.

It looks really, really solid. 

Cheers for the comments.

I left Morathi out as I didnt want to Crutch use her and the "normal" DOK list

Comet is in to have an affect vs armies that hold annoying units back I have to chew through plus the auto dispel is nice to have.

Edited by Chumphammer

On 12/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Chumphammer said:

Cheers for the comments.

I left Morathi out as I didnt want to Crutch use her and the "normal" DOK list

Comet is in to have an affect vs armies that hold annoying units back I have to chew through plus the auto dispel is nice to have.

Tbh you are probably making the right choice. Morathi as a piece has far less utility than she did at the launch of the DoK. She is basically a highly mobile tarpit, but the number of endless spells, retreat charge and the durability of many armies has a huge affect on if you are taking her or not.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, whispersofblood said:

Tbh you are probably making the right choice. Morathi as a piece has far less utility than she did at the launch of the DoK. She is basically a highly mobile tarpit, but the number of endless spells, retreat charge and the durability of many armies has a huge affect on if you are taking her or not.

Was my thinking also. Will see what happens I guess :)

So who is going to LVO and and who is going to LVL using DOK? be nice to say hi and grab a drink

I wont be hard to miss, look for the Scottish guy in a kilt

8 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Was my thinking also. Will see what happens I guess :)

So who is going to LVO and and who is going to LVL using DOK? be nice to say hi and grab a drink

I wont be hard to miss, look for the Scottish guy in a kilt

Good luck to you. I'd love to make it out there, but I cant swing it. Doing a smaller 20 man 2 dayer 4 hours away instead. Seriously interested in how you do. I wont play without my girl morathi and the snakes, though you're probably right in saying there are too many ways for opponents to nullify her effect. But where's the fun in running a greek monster themed army without the greek monsters?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Graywater said:

Good luck to you. I'd love to make it out there, but I cant swing it. Doing a smaller 20 man 2 dayer 4 hours away instead. Seriously interested in how you do. I wont play without my girl morathi and the snakes, though you're probably right in saying there are too many ways for opponents to nullify her effect. But where's the fun in running a greek monster themed army without the greek monsters?

Well this time next month it will be done and dusted. Will have updates on my twitter @chumphammer

Aiming to have a good few days out there regardless as never been to Las Vegas.

Yeah, Morathi and snakes looks a lot of fun. Kinda makes me want to run more snakes lol. Just wish Stalkers were decent