AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 minutes ago, markymarkka said:

I don't want to sound stupid but GW doesn't seem to sell Death Hags or Slaughter Queens separately? Or am I missing something?

They don't, the only way to get them is with the Blood Cauldron kit. 

Whilst it can sound expensive, it actually works out cheaper for DoK players as you get a Hag Queen, Slaughter Queen, Bloodwrack and Avatar for far less than GW would charge us if we were buying them as separate models. Plus if you use magnets (and its advisable to at least magnetize the avatar so that it can be packed easier) then you can build a blood cauldron or shrine out of the kit and vary if its topped with a hag or slaughter queen 

• Like 1

Yeah, all the DoK heroes bar Morathi are only available in the Cauldron kit at present, I was kinda hoping for a DoK warband in Underworlds to make things a little easier!

If you only need a Hag/Slaughter Queen I might suggest the Sorceress model as a good base for a quick conversion, she basically matches the DoK aesthetic already so you just need to give her a couple of knives and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Kinda hopping to a different, but somewhat related question: I find it really hard to come up with a nice narrative for my army/characters. The biggest issue to me is this: The whole army culminates in Morathi. She is the head to the entire faction. She has great rules and it's easy to build narratives around her, but the rest of the leaders seem like the supporting cast to me, which is mirrored in their rules. Aside from the Bloodwrack Medusa, the heroes seem like they're more like supporting heroes, instead of being mighty leaders who can take down enemy champions and all that. The Slaughter Queen lacks a punch on her own, Haq Queens are like hemophile bar maids and the Avatar is a statue. The Cauldrons are multiple models in one basically, so they don't feel like "heroes". Additionally, I play Khailebron, but none of the units in the book feel all that "assassiny", if you know what I mean. So that throws an extra curve ball in my plans.

Any tips on building narrative for generic heroes in DoK army? Thus far I've just tried to see if something interesting happens in-game, but thus far it's just been either me dying or killing whatever is stupid to walk close to my fully buffed Bloody Taco Stand of DOOM. 

37 minutes ago, Arkalid said:

Any tips on building narrative for generic heroes in DoK army? Thus far I've just tried to see if something interesting happens in-game, but thus far it's just been either me dying or killing whatever is stupid to walk close to my fully buffed Bloody Taco Stand of DOOM. 

I just made a post to my plog with a narrative for my Medusa general see it below.

What I do is begin with the army composition, any conversions, my paint scheme and my base scheme to see what story is being told visually.

So my force is Khailebron and has a good selection of both snakes and witches with a cauldron guard battalion, my colour scheme is metallic and my basing scheme is desert ruins. My Medusa General is converted with an old metal Morathi and my Hag Queen for the Cauldron Guard is Yvrainne from 40k.

So then I started reading any and all offical Aelf lore available. You can do this by buying the AOS novels and novellas (they are pretty good and there's a DoK priestess in The Heart of Winter novella btw) and/or with the multitude of AOS lore sites, youtubers etc. 

My narrative is here: 

My advice is start with what you have. Then look at what you know about the army and the lore. Then see if anything inspires you.

Plus you don't need a complete narrative for your force / hero. A starting point is good enough IMHO. Then you can build it as you play :)

Edited by zedatkinszed
typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arkalid said:

Bloody Taco Stand of DOOM!  Sounds delicious. 😃

This is why I wanted to bring this topic up for discussion.  Because, as a fanatical cult, their beliefs revolve around Khaine worship and on every word of Morathi as his High Oracle.  Many will follow Morathi's word without question.  Dissidents will be silenced or "repurposed" (Bloodwrack Medusas) so that there is no word but Morathi's.  But Morathi is not a god yet, and she cannot be everywhere.  I am certain she has eyes and ears that report to her from across the realms, but she is not omniscient.  The idea I had for my Bloodwrack Medusa (Who I still need to name.  Giving your heroes names helps make them less generic in the first place.) is that she is ancient for her kind, one of the first Daughters of Khaine to ever be "gifted" the ritual of Slith-onóir.  I imagine that Morathi has perfected this ritual over time, leading to complete and utter loyalty.  But for my general the ritual was only partially completed.  She is incredibly loyal to Morathi, but there are small seeds of doubt, seeds that are beginning to grow and take root.  Considering her status in the cult and in her own temple, my Medusa is rarely questioned.  But she is slowly and secretly beginning to doubt if they will ever find the shards of Khaine's body.  She is playing a very dangerous game with such thoughts.  But perhaps if she could bring enough of her flock into the fold to see her way of view...

• LOVE IT! 1

Get an Assassin model from Shadowblades and use her as a hero leader for your army. Even if she's not set to general, that gives you an assassin focus and a good versatile model to use in battles and to form a narrative around. 

I do agree that DoK need one or two named heroes who are not Morathi nor influenced/directly controlled by her to give some flavour to the faction. Fingers crossed we get an Inferno short story or a future Novella or even a book!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

Bloody Taco Stand of DOOM!  Sounds delicious. 😃

This is why I wanted to bring this topic up for discussion.  Because, as a fanatical cult, their beliefs revolve around Khaine worship and on every word of Morathi as his High Oracle.  Many will follow Morathi's word without question.  Dissidents will be silenced or "repurposed" (Bloodwrack Medusas) so that there is no word but Morathi's.  But Morathi is not a god yet, and she cannot be everywhere.  I am certain she has eyes and ears that report to her from across the realms, but she is not omniscient.  The idea I had for my Bloodwrack Medusa (Who I still need to name.  Giving your heroes names helps make them less generic in the first place.) is that she is ancient for her kind, one of the first Daughters of Khaine to ever be "gifted" the ritual of Slith-onóir.  I imagine that Morathi has perfected this ritual over time, leading to complete and utter loyalty.  But for my general the ritual was only partially completed.  She is incredibly loyal to Morathi, but there are small seeds of doubt, seeds that are beginning to grow and take root.  Considering her status in the cult and in her own temple, my Medusa is rarely questioned.  But she is slowly and secretly beginning to doubt if they will ever find the shards of Khaine's body.  She is playing a very dangerous game with such thoughts.  But perhaps if she could bring enough of her flock into the fold to see her way of view...

Yeah, very cool! 

There is so much to be done, @Arkalid. I had some suggestions in a post above, specifically about a medusa that loosing faith but looking at the witch elves there is so much more to be done! One of the basic things is the relation with other elves in big order cities. A hag queen emissary attached to hammerhal gets her faith tested because of the a wanderer lord who discovered part of the secret of Morathi  after travelling to the realm of light. 

Also give your slaughter queen a throne and I fully disagree that she doesn’t dish out damage like her name suggests. Even without the throne she is a beast for a mere 100pts. On a 3 up all 7 attacks do D3 damage with a minus 1 rend. I play several armies and no 100pts model beats that.  And that’s without artefacts or buffs from outside her own abilities. No save to speak of though. But that fits the army style, so that’s a given when you play scantily clad aelven murder witches. ;) 

• LOVE IT! 1

Another motivation for Hag Queens and Slaughter Queens could be ambition. 
The Daughters of Khaine are Morathis children and Morathi herself has always been ambitious. 

Maybe a Hag Queen isnt happy with her position als lowly priestess (and blood brew jockey) and longs for more power, or maybe a Slaughter Queen has becomen envious of the scathborns status as favored children of Morathi. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I used your suggestions to form a sort of baseline narrative to my army. So, my faction of Khailebron Aelves is actually really loyal to Morathi. They fulfill the role of secret police and eradicators, dealing with enemies and allies who cross the High Oracle in any way. (Handy way to justify Order vs. Order battles). They operate from a seemingly ruined temple in some marshlands (not sure of the Realm yet). Their appointed mission is to learn of a way to access the Realm of Azyr in a way that does not alert the Stormcast Eternals or Sigmar himself. For this end, the leader of my warband, who is my Medusa (to be named), searches the realms for any arcane knowledge and hidden Realmgates that would allow them passage to Azyr without being noticed. The members of the warband believe that a shard of Khaine might be hidden in Azyr, although the scáthborn don't necessarily care, they simply wish to see their mothers power reach the Realm of Heavens. So, they are willing to fight in the cities of the Free People, maybe even in the Realm of Chaos, just to find if there is a hidden access. This would naturally make them add odds with Stormcast, possibly Wanderers, Daemons, and Skaven as well, as they try to figure out magic that connects the Realms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/16/2018 at 7:03 PM, InSaint said:
  1. Use Gryph Feather Charm from Malign Sorcery for +1" movement a....

20 hours ago, Qayin said:

Here are my 2cents;

1)10-12 unit count is pretty high; consider dropping  a ....

Sorry if I wasn't clear guys, the list is submitted and cannot be changed. I'm looking for general advice and tactics for the army, rather than specific suggestions for how to change my list. Steed of Shadows for the Medusa shooting is a neat idea which I never considered, so I'll think about how to incorporate that into my future builds. For the time being I want to focus on the gameplay though, because the list is set.

1 hour ago, Arkalid said:

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I used your suggestions to form a sort of baseline narrative to my army. So, my faction of Khailebron Aelves is actually really loyal to Morathi. They fulfill the role of secret police and eradicators, dealing with enemies and allies who cross the High Oracle in any way. (Handy way to justify Order vs. Order battles). They operate from a seemingly ruined temple in some marshlands (not sure of the Realm yet). Their appointed mission is to learn of a way to access the Realm of Azyr in a way that does not alert the Stormcast Eternals or Sigmar himself. For this end, the leader of my warband, who is my Medusa (to be named), searches the realms for any arcane knowledge and hidden Realmgates that would allow them passage to Azyr without being noticed. The members of the warband believe that a shard of Khaine might be hidden in Azyr, although the scáthborn don't necessarily care, they simply wish to see their mothers power reach the Realm of Heavens. So, they are willing to fight in the cities of the Free People, maybe even in the Realm of Chaos, just to find if there is a hidden access. This would naturally make them add odds with Stormcast, possibly Wanderers, Daemons, and Skaven as well, as they try to figure out magic that connects the Realms.

Super nice backstory! And it immediately opens so much story progression and modelling opportunities.  Good job! 

My wife is picking up the DoK Battleforce, and we're planning to run 500 point games starting out. I've looking over the contents and it looks like she would need to run the Bloodwrack Medusa as her general, with Blood Sisters and Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter for battleline.  Do you have any advice I can pass along to her for building out of the box, or expanding on it? She doesn't know which direction she wants to take her army.

37 minutes ago, Gothicwaltz said:

My wife is picking up the DoK Battleforce, and we're planning to run 500 point games starting out. I've looking over the contents and it looks like she would need to run the Bloodwrack Medusa as her general, with Blood Sisters and Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter for battleline.  Do you have any advice I can pass along to her for building out of the box, or expanding on it? She doesn't know which direction she wants to take her army.

A few tips:

1) With the Blood Cauldron break out the magnets. If you magnetize it you can use it easily as either cauldron or shrine, and at the very least for the  Cauldron you want it magnetic so that the Avatar can be removed for transport (reduces the height by a lot) and also have the two queens able to be swapped over. 
Fully magnetic would mean that you can go for whatever you want, shrine or cauldron and have spare heroes for your army. 
If you don't want to use magnets then build it as a Cauldron with a Slaughter Queen and have the Avatar magnetized for transport purposes. Since Hag Queens are often better on foot for support. Or build it as a shrine and take the queens on foot. 

2) You are right she will want the Bloodwrack as her general so that she can take one unit of 10 Witchaelves/Sisters of Slaughter and then a unit of Blood Sisters as battleline. This is a solid choice as the spear wielding snakes are generally favoured over their ranged variation at present. 

3) The Khinari work well in either form, though spears is often more popular since they can strike at range. Two units of 5 I would build at 2 separate units (hero with each block of 5) which you can then deploy as separate groups or take them as a single 10 unit flight (just make sure the leaders for each group have a unique marking on them - or better give each group of 5 a unique unified marking to identify them)

That should keep her happy with the box contents. If you want to go beyond the box I'd almost say a second box would be well worth it. Giving you all useful models with no waste at all really (some might consider 20 khinari too many, but I'd not, plus with the discount price they are basically totally free so better to have the box and have free khinari!)
If she wanted to expand in other ways then adding more Witches is good to build up a nice solid core; or you can add more Snakes and go for a snake heavy theme (both cost about the same and both are very viable choices). Otherwise adding some units of Doomfire Warlocks is good, they give you a fast skirmisher cavalry with magic and a unit of 10 can be very powerful and versatile. 

Note I'd personally say 2 battle boxes is a good start, at 3 you'd be just getting it for free Khinari (the rest being all useful purchases in most armies, the khinari being a little more situational - esp once you get to owning 30, but don't forget they've two forms so that's only 15 of each if you build them equal). Beyond 3 and you'd likely end up with more Cauldrons and Shrines than you'd need for most situations, though extra queens is no worry and more avatars gives you the option of going avatar heavy (doesn't seem to be a heavily popular choice though, but it might just be that its an overlooked approach at present)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey there folks!  Was finally able to get another battle in with the girls. 

Firstly:

Magnets FTW.jpg

Magnets are your friend.

So since we had an odd number of people we did 5000pts per side.  The Beastclaw Raiders and Idoneth Deepkin player each had 2500pts, I had 2500pts, @Scythian had 2000pts, and our 3rd player used 500pts of Sylvaneth(We kind of just used whatever point totals we had models for).  We were playing Better Part of Valor and both Scythian and I used Hag Narr.

Bottom of Turn 1.

IMG_20181117_131434769.jpg

IMG_20181117_131505262.jpg

We unfortunately did not make the roll off for turn 2, but we held up the enemy rather well.

I also could not resist taking this picture, it looked so cool.

IMG_20181117_132950286_TOP.jpg

My corner of the board with the objective was largely unscathed, but the enemy pushed through on the right side of the table and came close to reclaiming some of the backfield objectives from our side.  Thankfully it was not to be and we were able to pull off a win.  It was a close game, however and it was an all-in-all good time. 

IMG_20181117_155118077.jpg

IMG_20181117_160250538.jpg

It was a pretty good match up, but wow Beastclaw Raiders can dish out mortal wounds.  Scythian's Bloodwrack Shrine hung around for a turn or two after eating twelve mortal wounds from the dirty snowballs!

My Blood Stalkers impressed me this game with the amount of mortal wounds they did, as I usually roll garbage for them.

Highlight of the game for me was my Bloodwrack Medusa (on foot and not on a shrine) basically peeked around the corner of the dragon tower terrain in the center of the board and promptly stared half of a unit of 20 Thralls to death.

That's it for now.  Until next time.

Edited by DJMoose
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DJMoose said:

Hey there folks!  Was finally able to get another battle in with the girls. 

Firstly:

Magnets FTW.jpg

Magnets are your friend.

So since we had an odd number of people we did 5000pts per side.  The Beastclaw Raiders and Idoneth Deepkin player each had 2500pts, I had 2500pts, @Scythian had 2000pts, and our 3rd player used 500pts of Sylvaneth(We kind of just used whatever point totals we had models for).  We were playing Better Part of Valor and both Scythian and I used Hag Narr.

Bottom of Turn 1.

IMG_20181117_131434769.jpg

IMG_20181117_131505262.jpg

We unfortunately did not make the roll off for turn 2, but we held up the enemy rather well.

I also could not resist taking this picture, it looked so cool.

IMG_20181117_132950286_TOP.jpg

My corner of the board with the objective was largely unscathed, but the enemy pushed through on the right side of the table and came close to reclaiming some of the backfield objectives from our side.  Thankfully it was not to be and we were able to pull off a win.  It was a close game, however and it was an all-in-all good time. 

IMG_20181117_155118077.jpg

IMG_20181117_160250538.jpg

It was a pretty good match up, but wow Beastclaw Raiders can dish out mortal wounds.  Scythian's Bloodwrack Shrine hung around for a turn or two after eating twelve mortal wounds from the dirty snowballs!

My Blood Stalkers impressed me this game with the amount of mortal wounds they did, as I usually roll garbage for them.

Highlight of the game for me was my Bloodwrack Medusa (on foot and not on a shrine) basically peeked around the corner of the dragon tower terrain in the center of the board and promptly stared half of a unit of 20 Thralls to death.

That's it for now.  Until next time.

The fact that the Idoneth player set up his ghost ship in front of Moose actually helped us on our left flank, but unfortunately it forced most of enemies forces down my throat in the center and on our right flank. The Idoneth player pressed hard down the center with fighty eels and two fat chunks of Namarti warriors. My Blood Sisters fought like Spartans against all of them and were supported by Moose’s unforgiving shooting from his Stalkers and Medusa on foot. However, the Beastclaw Raider thundertusks were ganging up with their dirty snowballs against my Medusa and Stalkers. In the end, as always, it came down to a priority roll. Notwithstanding the double team on my forces, we brutalized the enemy in this game with virtually nothing left on their end but characters and the 4 thundertusks. Though their forces still had extremely potent models, ultimately it was not enough. 

• Thanks 1

What do you guys think of Lifetakers? I'm wanting to add a battallion to my army, and thinking of going for Cauldron Guard, as I'm not really a fan of the Sisters of Slaughter aesthetic, but I see most people prefer Heartreanders to Lifetakers. Are the Lifetakers good enough? And is it better to play them in squads of 5 or 10?

6 hours ago, GammaMage said:

What do you guys think of Lifetakers? I'm wanting to add a battallion to my army, and thinking of going for Cauldron Guard, as I'm not really a fan of the Sisters of Slaughter aesthetic, but I see most people prefer Heartreanders to Lifetakers. Are the Lifetakers good enough? And is it better to play them in squads of 5 or 10?

They are not a bad unit by any means, but because they are close combat rather than ranged, they are more at potential risk than heartrenders. Heartrenders can fire at range and move away so they can put quite a bit of distance between them and their target. Thus meaning they can avoid countercharges by close combat units; and duck behind cover to avoid return fire from ranged units. 

Lifetakers need to get up close and personal in order to deal out any damage to the enemy. However their saving grace is how close combat works now and how their fight and flight mechanic works. Because you fight close combat in alternating turns (you go then your opponent etc...) then ideally the turn you get your lifetakers into close combat is the turn you want to have them attack first, so that you get to make your attacks and then use flight to escape combat, before your opponent can counter attack. Of course other units in your army might also want to have first chance at attacks, so you have some tricky choices to make on who gets to attack first and which you might risk to getting counterattacked by your opponent. 

Points and actual stats wise they are not too dissimilar, though they are purely close combat focused. They are still great at swooping into support other units engaged in close combat; in attacking loan artillery/ranged/hero (eg mage or archer) units and to contest control points and objectives on the table. 

So played a 2000pt game against Ironjaws yesterday.I decided to change up my list a bit and play warlocks instead of a second cauldron, and Blood Sisters instead of Canary Heartrenders. My opponent

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Bloodwrack Shrine (220)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Desciples 
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (300)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
- Prayer: Crimson Rejuvenation
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- Lore of Shadows: Pit of Shades
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
10 x Doomfire Warlocks (320)
- Lore of Shadows: The Withering
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
Balewind Vortex (40)

We played the  Focus Points battleplan. The game started really badly with me failing my spells and a bunch of charges, and on turn two my opponent spent four command points to activate Mighty Waaagh  four times, giving his entire army.  By the end of that turn I had lost my Shrine, Cauldron, Blood Sisters and Blood Stalkers, and only killed 2 enemy models (both Brutes). I thought the game was over. However, I did still hold the centre, bottom, and right objectives, and I still had two Avatars, a Medusa with Pit of Shades, and 10 Warlocks still on full health, One avatar managed to solo-kill kill his squad of 3 Goregrunters, taking the left objective, while the other intercepted brutes sent to capture my right objective, and the spellcasters  held the bottom and centre, dealing over 20 mortal wounds between them.. Somehow, the fight for the centre ended with a hag queen on 1 wound facing down a Megaboss on Maw-Krusher - who only counts as one model, meaning, I still controlled that objective (I think that is how the rules work). She deserves to be given some sort of title. End of the fourth turn, I did lose the right objective, but I was already far ahead in points, and we had to end the game there as it was closing time in 15 minutes. So basically, the game came down to the big stuff absorbing enough attacks that my glass cannon wizards and girls were able to dish out lots of damage in the late game by virtue of not being dead.

Also, Avatars are amazing.

It was fun to play the warlocks and have them actually do what they are supposed to do, but I'm still not convinced they are worth their points. Blood Stalkers were meh as usual, and I really missed the ability to deep strike in some Canaries late game to mess with my opponent's objectives. I do think I need to get a third lot of Witch Aelves so I don't have to use my Shrine as a general to make the Blood Sisters battleline. The new version of the Vortex is still very good, but I forgot to summon it on the first turn, which may have let me hit something with Pit of Shades before things went bad. I'm really considering getting the rumoured Daughter's battleforce, even though I don't really need a 4th Cauldron/Shrine model.

Even if you don't need the Cauldron, don't forget it gives you two more queens, another avatar and a bloodwrack. Even if you only want the avatar its basically free in the Christmas box. By UK pricing its about a £60 discount on getting all the items separately from the GW store; so that's either the cauldron or two boxes of infantry/troops of most kinds in the box itself. So its a great deal. Plus most Daughters right now are a very small range so there's very little chaff/waste in the box. You'll certainly use queens and avatar; the snakes; more sisters/witches. 

One bonus of a tight faction is that there is very little waste. 

Considering the obscene amount of attacks our Witches can put out, what kind of Dice Rolling apps do you guys recommend? 

The official Warhammer Dice App is no longer available, at least on Android.

I'm currently using this app called Warhammer 8th ed Dices by Homeslyce. Simple, flexible and elegant. 

Another pretty good app is Xd6 - Dice Roller by 82blue. Unfortunately it does not allow for us to calculate our auto hit exploding attacks, Catechism of Murder. 

What other Dice Apps have you guys come across that is suitable for DoK use?

Edited by InSaint

Hi all.

So I mentioned in past I'm debating Idoneth or DOK. I tried some Idoneth models and really struggled(I HATE those new flying stands) so as I play about and see if I like them I order the DOK battletome and some witch elves to see how I do. 

If I do decide to go DOK I created a 2000 point army I want to aim for. The main focus is on Snake ladies because 1) money cheaper and 2) less repetitive models compared to 30+ witch elves.  Plus snakes mean I can try nice scales patterns.

Anywhere here is the list idea.

Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Temple: Hagg Nar
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Devoted Desciples
- Artefact : Rune of Ulgu - Mindrazor
- Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (300)
- Artefact : Iron Circlet
- Prayer : Blessing of Khaine
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer : Catechism of Murder
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
- Lore of Shadows : The Withering
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
BATTALIONS
Temple Nest (130)

I do have the Malign sorcery stuff so I could drop the Heartrenders for an endless spell. Like the Geminis, then I have the points to upgrade the Hagqueen on Cauldron to a Slaughter queen on Cauldron.

I could also drop Morathi, but her model looks amazing and honestly one of the main sellers of DOK for me. So I wanna use her in-game.  Plus It's an army of snake people, you cannot do that and not field the GIANT medusa lady it just feels wrong.

How dose this feel for a fun, friendly but semi-useful list.

1 hour ago, BionicRope64 said:

Hi all.

So I mentioned in past I'm debating Idoneth or DOK. I tried some Idoneth models and really struggled(I HATE those new flying stands) so as I play about and see if I like them I order the DOK battletome and some witch elves to see how I do. 

If I do decide to go DOK I created a 2000 point army I want to aim for. The main focus is on Snake ladies because 1) money cheaper and 2) less repetitive models compared to 30+ witch elves.  Plus snakes mean I can try nice scales patterns.

Anywhere here is the list idea.

Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Temple: Hagg Nar
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Devoted Desciples
- Artefact : Rune of Ulgu - Mindrazor
- Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (300)
- Artefact : Iron Circlet
- Prayer : Blessing of Khaine
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer : Catechism of Murder
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
- Lore of Shadows : The Withering
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
BATTALIONS
Temple Nest (130)

I do have the Malign sorcery stuff so I could drop the Heartrenders for an endless spell. Like the Geminis, then I have the points to upgrade the Hagqueen on Cauldron to a Slaughter queen on Cauldron.

I could also drop Morathi, but her model looks amazing and honestly one of the main sellers of DOK for me. So I wanna use her in-game.  Plus It's an army of snake people, you cannot do that and not field the GIANT medusa lady it just feels wrong.

How dose this feel for a fun, friendly but semi-useful list.

The first issue I noticed is you gave your Bloodwrack the Rune of Ulgu with Mindrazor.  This is fine, but since you can only cast one spell per turn choose another spell as her normal Lore of Shadows spell. Selecting the same spell twice gets you nothing, since you can only attempt every spell once per turn.  Other than that it looks pretty good.  I have had a good experience using temple nest lists, and while you could always use more Hag Queens in my opinion, you have a pretty good all-round list.  If you can squeeze in another 70 points you could get 10 more Witches and max the unit out to 30.  Also if you ever feel like not using Morathi, add more Blood Sisters.  You could drop in 20 of them for the same price as Morathi.  Also, I think it is only 30 more points to upgrade to a Slaughter Queen on a Cauldron, which is totally worth it.

Edited by DJMoose