AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Blood Stalkers are not as popular as their snake sisters, mostly due to the fact that they are neither great at range, nor as good in close combat; however they do fit the theme of a snake army and can give you some ranged threat that you otherwise might lack (though often as not daughters just charge up and get in the face of the enemy).

I''d be tempted to drop one Hydra or some stalkers to free up some points so that you can boost at least one or more of your Sisters up to a few more models. You want more models for more wounds so that you've got a bit more staying power. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Blood Stalkers are not as popular as their snake sisters, mostly due to the fact that they are neither great at range, nor as good in close combat; however they do fit the theme of a snake army and can give you some ranged threat that you otherwise might lack (though often as not daughters just charge up and get in the face of the enemy).

I''d be tempted to drop one Hydra or some stalkers to free up some points so that you can boost at least one or more of your Sisters up to a few more models. You want more models for more wounds so that you've got a bit more staying power. 

Yeah, agree the Stalkers are a bit underwhelming, they are pretty much just there as a "Temple Nest" tax.

Practically speaking, they will not seriously handicap DoK anytime soon. Probably a soft fix but they will remain a T1 fraction.

IMO, sales of DoK are horrendous and with the possible impending release of a DoK Battleforce, they will not want to severely destroy sales.

And yes, I think maybe limit the number of prayer buffs allowed on each DoK unit. It is just unbelievable when all your prayers go off and the 30 Witch Aelves squad just goes on a mad rampage.  ?

Edited by InSaint
  • Like 1

I hope that any balance adjustment is done not to so much nerf daughters, but just to curb their power level a little so that they are inline with others. I'd hate to see a balance adjustment that removed viable army options - right now the fact that you can build the army "almost" how you want is utterly fantastic and what most armies should aim for. 

I still think that nerfing HaggNarr is much needed, more so then Hags or Witches (maybe increase Hags to 80 and Witch Elves to 120/300) 

I've played many games with Draichi Ganeth and Khailebron and it is how this faction should be played - it's strong, fluffy and balanced against other armies - it's still very strong. 

HaggNarr gives you ability to soak up absurd amounts of damage and make DoK very tanky, just nerf it to re-rolls of 6++ and DoK are very fine and powerful. 

Also DoK have many mechanics to avoid damage in other ways - Doppleanger Cloak, Sisters of Slaughter pile-n, Lifetakers ability maybe taking some allies, HaggNarr is the main problem as it gives DoK huge defensive possibilities (probably the best in the game) along with huge damage output. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I still think that nerfing HaggNarr is much needed, more so then Hags or Witches (maybe increase Hags to 80 and Witch Elves to 120/300) 

I hope they do this myself. It seems not only the simplest most elegant way to do it but also the least destructive to the faction.

• Like 1

Good day everyone, got an event coming up at the end of the month, below are the realms and features:

Battle For The Pass

Realm - Shyish
Realmscape feature - Eternal War

Scorched Earth
Realm - Aqshy
Realmscape feature - Every Step a League

Better Part of Valour
Realm - Ghyran
Realmscape feature - Lifesprings

To confirm, for Ghyran and Lifespring, I can actually give Morathi an extra wound which will let her live another turn. On top of that use the spell mirrorpool and shunt her into melee right away. Any tips on how to deal with Every step a league? Just take the losses if needed?

Yeah, Lifesprings is busted on Morathi.

I'd probably just take the lumps with Every Step a League, it's not huge damage, though it can stack up if you're not careful, avoid making unnecessary run moves with stuff like Cauldrons, Hags and Morathi I guess, it's a bit of a pain but not as bad as the Ghyran feature where you can't run at all!

Mates any tips and tricks for games against Nagash? Spell portal is just devastating giving hand of dust approx range of 25 inches, number of -1 hit and -1 attack debuffs makes combat far less efficient. Maybe I am missing something in my tactics, looking forward your help.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:28 AM, Ered said:

Mates any tips and tricks for games against Nagash? Spell portal is just devastating giving hand of dust approx range of 25 inches, number of -1 hit and -1 attack debuffs makes combat far less efficient. Maybe I am missing something in my tactics, looking forward your help.

1. Take your time to measure out and bubble wrap your Heros with Witch Aelves or other troops. If Nagash is not able to land his Spell Portal base anywhere within 3" of them, he will not be able Hand of Dust any Hero.
  2. By turn 3 you will have +1 to hit, or re-roll hits if you are Hagg Nar.
  3. Nagash is 800pts, this is approx. equals to 90 Witch Aelves. You can even get a maxed out squad of 20 Blood Sisters with plenty of points to spare and rape Nagash.
  4. Depending on the  Battleplan, Nagash is a huge point sink and only count as 1 model. So where possible ignore him and bash up the rest of his army to secure objectives.
  • Thanks 1

Having 2 cauldrons is handy, you can run one as a cauldron and one as a bloodwrack shrine, or some lists do run two cauldrons which lets you split up your forces more readily (it can be worth magnetising the Queen on top mind, the Slaughter Queen is generally best up there for her command ability, but sometimes a Hag Cauldron is handy to throw in too.)

The only issue would be having perhaps more Khinerai than you really need, I'll probably pick up one box regardless, I was gonna start messing around with Lifetakers anyway.  Probably don't need a 4th cauldron but I can find something to do with it, I'm sure.

11 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Battleforce: DoK.

It seems a good deal to start: my question is: is it worth taking 2 boxes? Do we need 2 sets of cauldrons?

The DoK Battleforce seems to be just 4 current boxes bashed together, 1 Blood Coven, 2 Khinerai and 1 Melusai.

Not too sure if you will enjoy some price discount but I think they cost exactly the same if purchase the 4 boxes Ala Carte.

8 hours ago, InSaint said:

The DoK Battleforce seems to be just 4 current boxes bashed together, 1 Blood Coven, 2 Khinerai and 1 Melusai.

Not too sure if you will enjoy some price discount but I think they cost exactly the same if purchase the 4 boxes Ala Carte.

Bought separately it's £65 more than buying the battleforce. A fair discount to be sure. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

What is your painting process, and how do you do your bases?

I Batch paint everything,  most of the mini is just washes over a white primer,  the skin wash being a custom one i made out of russ grey/guilliman blue and black, the hair being crimson red. 

For the bases i coat the top in khorne red then just use blood for the blood god for the blood effects. I had to set the skulls in the blood while it's wet so it looks like the skulls are partially submerged. 

Hey guys,

im on the verge to some daughters of  khaine army and i need some tips...not on mechanics to play, there is enough to find on that subject, but i could use some basing tips. How do you guys base your daughters? Any theme? Does anyone play them like there from Ulgu and thus have Ulgu bases and how would they look like. 

For myself i was thinking of some ancient greek style bases. So rocky, mediteranian light brown white rocks, with some broken statues/buildings, anyone want to share there basing styles?

greetz

22 hours ago, Atreides said:

Bought separately it's £65 more than buying the battleforce. A fair discount to be sure. 

Yep plus its a very solid core to build from. Heck get 2 and you've mostly got the beginning I've steadily been picking up. About the only thing missing is the Doomfire Warlocks, which with the savings you could pick up 15 of them (3 packs) with that £65.  Which is also ignoring any further savings if you get the box from a 3rd party retailer. 

There's no waste in the box what so ever (to be fair Daughters is a small army range so there really isn't even room for any waste - even the less ideal options are still good choices). 

Hello all,

can I ask a general question on DoK, and what people on here think of the Shadowhammer Compact battalion? I don’t see much talk about it, and was wondering what the feeling is. The contrast between the SC and DoK seemed quite interesting fluff-wise, I thought. 

I think the reason there isn't much chatter is because its a very points expensive battalion to take; I forget how much it totals up too but I don't think its too far shy of the lions share of 2K points. So its a lot to commit too and that's with minimum squad numbers in each unit. 

I think Stormcast and Daughters as a general combination is very interesting; Stormcast are certainly far better (in general) at having a tough stat line and holding the line, whilst Daughters are far swifter (in general) and more apt to alpha strike. I'm sure there are probably some neat combinations that can be used in an alliance situation

• Thanks 1

Hello

First time posting here, i am looking for advice from friendly experienced DoK players ;) 
I got a big box of DoK in the mail, and i am super excited about painting and playing with them!

Now my question is, what would be a good beginner(and semi-competitive) 1k - 1,5k and 2k army.

My model inventory consists of:

5x Melusai Blood Sisters
10x Melusia Blood Stalkers
5x Khinerai Hearthrenders
10x Witch Aelves
1x Medusa
1x Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood

additionally i have the spurs for:

20x Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughters
10x Melusai
10x Khinerai

Im also thinking about buying a "Blood Coven" for the additional Cauldron of Blood+10x Aelves/Sisters :)

Should i go for the classic 30 blob of Witch Aelves?
Is the Blood Coven overkill?

Thanks

Blood Coven is certainly not overkill, however check out the GW website in a few weeks - there' a big box coming up for sale over christmas which has in it

1 Cauldron kit
10 Witches/sisters of slaughter
5 Melusai
10 Khinari
All at a pretty steep discount from GW direct and its also supplied to 3rd parties so can offer even more discount on top of that. If I were buying now and looking at the Blood Coven, I'd seriously look at this set, just to get some extra savings and models. 

Hello.

I want to get into AoS with the blessed Daughters of Khaine.

I am going to grab two of the battleforces as soon as they become available.

How would folks suggest I build them?

Use one cauldron kit to build foot heroes and a basic cauldron...then magnetized the other one?

Stabbing snake ladies seem to be the more popular of the two variants (although I love the idea of archer Melusai).

And how should I am the Khinerai?

Thank you.