AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

35 minutes ago, Overread said:

On the flipside Daughters are a glass canon faction. 

Personally I'd rather see daughters take a stat drop over a point cost rise. It already feels tricky to fit a nice diverse army together; if the points went up a lot it gets even harder. Yes it gets around the power issue if there really is one, however it also means that army choice, variety and compositions reduce. 

While that would be ideal I just don’t see them making rule changes like that shortly after having released the battletome. Maybe stuff that could be FAQd like nerfing the hagg nar buff etc. 

And I would argue against us being glass cannon-like as most run Hagg Nar+cauldrons which make units like witch elves buffed or not, absurdly durable IMHO. 

@Overread thanks a lot :D it was a blast playing this event. 

@Aspirant Snaeper I played against Idoneth Deepkin, Stormcasts, Nighthaunt (with 80 Grimghast !) and then Gnarlroot Sylvaneth. 

I don't agree that DoK aren't flexible as they are you can include every unit in your competitive army (ok not Blood Stalkers), endless spells and items changed that even more.  Keep in mind that we have very narrow selection of units and every army will have "cornerstone" units/heroes.  Also HaggNarr is far from obvious choice, I used because I got more experience with that but Khailebron is very, very strong as well. Also Draichi Ganeth with Cauldron Guard and Chronomatic Cogs could be pretty powerful. 

@The Traitor yeah in next two days I will write tournament report. Considering Doomfires I wouldn't split them, sure you can one extra spell but ability to deal 6MW, then having +1 to cast on Mindrazor and potential to place them near Arcane for +2 to unbind is pretty good. Also your opponent can't just ignore them like 5. I think 5 Doomfires are much better as second spellcaster along Morathi then Medusa. 

@Lord Veshnakar I think a lot of people overreact about DoK, they were released almost 6 months ago and it's not like they dominate the meta, sure DoK armies are taking high places but it's far from domination. I think Hag Queens will go up in points to 80 or so, maybe Witches will be 300 for 30 but nothing dramatic (and it's still like 100 points extra for most armies - and thats a lot) maybe some other tweaks but I doubt Morathi will go up in points she isn't an auto include and many successful armies don't even use her. And yes they are very strong army and surely one of top armies in AoS but from my experience people don't really know how to play against, HaggNarr is good but kill the general and that's it or kill hag queens ( and even with 5++ they are basically 7W heroes ) if people charge in the middle of Witches and then are suprised that something doesn't work and then complain it - usually it's their fault. 

But sure some tweaks will be made I think, but it's not like DoK are Changehost bad, good player now exactly how to make DoK player sweat, but it's AoS so not every army has tools to do this. 

@Ered thanks mate ! Morathi approves such beautiful slaughter.  

• Like 1

@DantePQ You had some good match ups! 

I realize that there are multiple ways to make DoK work, I was merely commenting that the list you used had some similarities to other successful lists, but wasn't necessarily suggesting that those were the things that make DoK successful!

I think Blood Stalkers, Lifetakers and the Bloodwrack Shrine are some of the weakest links in the book, but even then they have ways to work. The Shrine's biggest hit was the increase in Battalion costs which make the "on foot" Medusa more attractive. Lifetakers really need a Khinerai Hero/General to make them Battleline. Blood Stalkers can work with a Temple Nest Battalion and Morathi as General allowing them to shoot twice a turn, but even then that's only as long as she's small. 

I sincerely hope DoK don't receive too strong of a nerf if they ever do get the great and terrible gaze of the GW withering rulemongers. They're an expensive army and it could be the death of them if they become completely mono-list. 

Hey guys,

Quick question on Sisters of Slaughter usage which seems ambiguous;

1. Can SoS retreat 4" during movement phase and pile-in 6" during the combat phase to attack again?
  2. If the opponent has resolved all his eligible units and have to pass because he has no more eligible units to fight in close combat, can he still elect a unit to strike back at the SoS after they pile-in to attack?
  3. If the opponent has an Always Strike First rule (i.e Indoneth Deepkin High Tide), does he get to attack my SoS first right after I pile-in?

Thanks!

@Aspirant Snaeper yep those match ups were good for me, but games with Deepkin and Nighthaunt were very, very close. 

Yeah I know what you meant and I was kind of tired when writing yesterday so if I was offensive I am sorry for that. I just think that that it's a good thing that with such a small selection of units almost everything works. 

Lifetkares are just worse then Heartrenders but in an army I mentioned (Cauldron Guard, Draichi Ganeth, Cogs) you got to take them and even would bring one bigger unit (10) and one smaller (5) 

Shrine is quite good, I use her in any Snake based army as difference between 6W Aura General and 13 Wounds Aura General is huge and with Blood Sisters you kind of got to go with HaggNarr so it's important I have 40 Snakes in my plans . 

For reasons you mentioned I don't think DoK will be nerfed hard, there are few players who play them and then it takes some experience and really good positioning to dominate with them so maybe Hag Queens will go up to 80 and Witches to 120/300 (and I am not sure it will happen anyway)I think other DoK units are fairly well priced and internally balanced (Cauldron looks very powerful but opponents do no realise that with few wounds Bloodshield is harder to use and it will have move of 4-5)

17 hours ago, DantePQ said:

One day before tournament I had to scrap whole list. 

Everyone's favourite realisation! That said, whenever it happens to me I play way better because I'm no longer stressed about how optimised my army is.  Congratulations on the big win, I'm sure you made papa Khaine very proud!

17 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Gryph-feather Charm will be my go to item for sure

That item was made for our behemoths. They are so slow and their saves are trash; it plugs all their weaknesses. I notice that my Hags never receive any hate; I'm quite tempted to give one of them a bejewelled gauntlet for the spicy 2 mortals per round.

12 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I’m starting to think we are very inevitably going to see a significant price hike on Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter, Hag Queens, and Morathi with the next GHB. Everyone locally here weeps about them being underpriced. 

Hags are the only units in that list I see any balance issue with. I'd be perfectly happy paying 80pts for them, though I'm not really sure if they need it - they have a 5+ save and can damage themselves. I'm sure we've all played games where the Hags practically kill themselves. I had one lose 4 wounds in three turns from rolling 1's to pray.

Finally, I have a question, when Blood Sisters are under the effect of Catechism of Murder, does a 6 to hit with the crystal touch trigger an additional mortal wound to be inflicted or not? I have always played that it doesn't on the basis that it only ever seems to come up when I'm winning and don't need the extra damage; but what is the official ruling?

You get two hits from Catechism of Murder so that would be two mortal wounds on the target unit. There's nothing in the wording of either that suggests they don't work together. The only difference is that Crystal Touch doesn't have a wound roll which makes them an ideal target for Catechism as now their 1 hit turns to 2 attacks and thus two moral wounds if they hit. A deadly combo!

On 8/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, DantePQ said:

That's funny as I was going to use Slaughter Troupe army list but minis didn't get to me in time (post office screwed this up badly as it took 6 days instead of 24h) so one day before tournament I had to scrap whole list. 

I took 

HaggNarr Temple 

Ghur Realm

Slaughter Queen of Cauldron + Blessing of Khaine + Gryph-feather Charm 

Morathi with Mindrazor 

2xHag Queen (Martyr's Sacrifice and Catechism of Murder) 

30 Witches with Knives 

30 Witches with Bucklers 

10 Witches with Knives 

5 Heartrenders 

10 Doomfire Warlocks. 

It was risky to start without CP but I manged to play around it with deployment. 

Warlocks were really great and Gryph-feather Charm will be my go to item for sure - 1 to hit won be final battle against Sylaventh. With HaggNarr  and Look out Sir it's amazing and extra inch of move for Cauldron is quite handy. 

How did the unit with bucklers do?  I'm nervous to invest in such an expensive army with mixed loadouts.  I figured I'd want to get 20 Sister that I would do with Buckler's and I have 40 Witches with knives that I'd like to build up to 60.  

@tchad78 I love Witches with bucklers they are auto include in any of my armies. They are very different to knives, I use them more to shield crucial targets, camp objectives or tie hardest enemy unit in combat, wuth Cauldron nearby and Blessing of Khaine they are amazing. 

Few more thoughts :

- Martyr's Sacrifice is kind of meh and quite useless on buffed up bucklers Witches 

- I didn't like Catechism of Murder on Witches, it isn't changing much and usually you don't want Cauldron in a combat that much 

I think I will use Sacrament of Blood more for sure. 

Congrets @DantePQ  !!

I was your last opponent with Sylvaneth (but no Gnarlroot). I can confirm you played your list really perfectly! It was interesting to see the daughters work that fine and made me really sad for my army to see after 30 minutes I donˋt really have anything left to steal you the victory!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention buckler witches are still getting 3 attacks per model most of the time, which is far from shabby!  All my current witches have knives, but any futures ones I make will probably have bucklers so I can have a solid mix (still kinda holding out that we might get a start collecting/battleforce box later in the year to help sink the cost a little.)

Catechism of Murder is excellent on Blood Sisters, kinda wasted on witches I'd say, you only need a few lucky rolls on the crystal touches to squeeze out a surprising volume of mortal wounds. 

Sacrament of Blood feels almost a most-take in a Hagg Nar list to me (along with Blessing of Khaine for obvious reasons), the ability to get those re-rolls on a unit when you need them is very useful.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar72 said:

Congrets @DantePQ  !!

I was your last opponent with Sylvaneth (but no Gnarlroot). I can confirm you played your list really perfectly! It was interesting to see the daughters work that fine and made me really sad for my army to see after 30 minutes I donˋt really have anything left to steal you the victory!

Oh I missed that you didn't take Gnarlroot. Thank you for an amazing game and kind words it was a blast playing against you :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ragnar72 said:

Congrets @DantePQ  !!

As a Sylvaneth player do you mind sharing your list. How you played to get so far and what you think went wrong on the final table?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Future said:

As a Sylvaneth player do you mind sharing your list. How you played to get so far and what you think went wrong on the final table?

Speaking as an opponent to Sylvaneth, one of the main reasons I lose to them in tournaments is that no one locally plays them, so I usually don't really know what they do or how they work. Their rules catch me off guard as my normal tactics don't work. There's a bunch of "Gotcha" moments where I wasn't aware of something and essentially walk into a trap of some kind. I've been trying to play a variety of armies lately in order to diffuse the number of times I get "caught out" by something like this, but it still happens as it's very difficult to play every combination of every army. I also find that Sylvaneth are pretty meta breaking in the sense that they can often dish out a lot of damage in a very short amount of time compared to some other armies that I'm used to. I've seen them tear through a fyreslayers army in a few turns, when normally that army would be pretty resilient against most other armies. I think it's just a classic case of, "meta breaking" army to  a certain extint. I think DoK are a big impervious to these types of armies due to the fact that they dish out so much damage in short time frames. Basically these sorts of "glass cannon" armies are doing very well in the meta right now.

So, my first game using these ladies is coming up this week. I'll be facing a fires layer force played by a guy who's new to them. This is what I came up with. Any comments?

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (120)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
- Lore of Shadows: The Withering
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 950 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 66

384902C5-FB2B-4431-B205-D1834580D50D.jpeg.ed8c8235c07d7c1c5a2f5804cf6e4230.jpeg9F315C0D-D9BD-4A30-BAD1-D66DB0433F85.jpeg.948dd7c50be59cb34369aa4c04a024cc.jpeg@Future sure , I can share. Maybe I will also write a small tournament report at another place in this forum. I mostly liked the flexibility aof the list: fast moving or being placed with special rules, some good fighting, shooting and healing. Alarielle has done really good, because everybody tried to kill her and lost watching the other units.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tasman said:

So, my first game using these ladies is coming up this week. I'll be facing a fires layer force played by a guy who's new to them. This is what I came up with. Any comments?

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (120)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
- Lore of Shadows: The Withering
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 950 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 66

1. Put the Medusa on a Shrine and cast Steed of Shadows - 16" flying shrine is hilarious! ?
  2. Mindrazor and Withering are not very easy to cast w/o any buffs to casting rolls as 7+ is only a 40%
  3. Try to include a Slaughter Queen so that you can use Orgy of Slaughter Command Ability - If you get a double turn ?
  4. Consider either Hagg Nar or Khailebron - Khailebron can teleport Doomfire to Arcane Terrain and snipe off hero with Doomfire
  5. Consider dropping the Endless Spells - I personally find it unreliable but very fun to play with
  6. Consider splitting the Witches into 2 squads for greater flexibility
  • Like 1

Ok so here is my little tournament reports, as I mentioned one day before tournament I had to scrap whole army and start from a scratch as a result I took a mix of two builds I was playtesting most prior to Throne of Skulls - HaggNarr Slaughter Troupe and Khailebron Warlock build and I came up with . 

Tournament was played with whole Realm rules (one feature per battle, extra spells and Command Abilities)

HaggNarr Temple - Good choice tournament wise as it gives you ability to bunker on crucial objectives, also re-rolls of hits are pretty sweet as well. The drawback is that in some scenarios you could to be crowded around General. But after many games I think that Khailebron isn't much worse but I didn't have that much experience with that Temple as you could to build different army around it, also I came up with wicked Draichi Ganeth build but I got to test it first as it could trash as well :P 

Ghur Realm

Slaughter Queen of Cauldron + Blessing of Khaine + Gryph-feather Charm - no brainer choice, Gryph-feather Charm is amazing item as with HaggNarr you need Slaughter Queen near your units but on the other hand not in combat usually, she's great to kill of something as she's still melee powerhouse with Avatar, but even with 5++ Cauldron is that tough to take down - Gryph-feather Charm helps a lot plus +1 to Move is nice bonus. 

Morathi with Mindrazor - took her as I have played majority of my battles with her and I feel really comfortable with how she plays, also with Realm spells in use she has extra value both as spellcaster and unbinder with her bonuses in small form. 

2xHag Queen (Martyr's Sacrifice and Catechism of Murder) - Witchbrew is a must so those little girls are a must have. 

30 Witches with Knives 

30 Witches with Bucklers 

10 Witches with Knives  - my favorite set up for Witches, one big unit is to bunker on objectives, screen when you need it or tie up enemy best units in combat, with 4+ save near avatar, extra mortal wounds source and 5++ they are tough to crack with Witchbrew on (not to mention extra possibilities like Mystic Shield, Blessing of Khaine or many different Realm spells. Big unit with Knives is for pure damage output, with 4A each in majority of cases they can dish out a lot of attacks and kill almost anything. Small unit is used to guard objectives, run after lone heroes, and they have like 40 attacks so they are tough to play around. 

5 Heartrenders - one unit is a must have in any HaggNarr army, their ability keep opponent on his/hers toes, they give you more space and make playing scenarios much easier

10 Doomfire Warlocks - I took them for few reasons - 1) second spellcaster with Mindrazor is nice, once you transform Morathi 2) Realm spells with their mobility and bonus to cast you can quite comfortably cas powerful realms spells 3) mobility - HaggNarr could be very static in objective centered games - warlocks give you ability to have something deep on your flank. Unit of 10 is good becasue it's something opponent can't jsut ignore for severl reasons (their spell, number of wounds, mobility) so usually it gives your army more breathing room, also you can always "hide" them in Slaughter Queens auro bubbles when needed. 

Unfortunately I didn't have any CPs in my army and that's a problem but I was confident that I will be able to play around it with deployment, but next time I will be taking them for Sure. 

Battle 1 - Scorched Earth, Chamon(Rust of Plague) against Idoneth Deepkin (Ionarch Enclave, Aspect of the Sea, Akhelian King, 2xTidecaster,Soulscryer 2x3 Ishalean Guard, 6 Mossar Guard, 10 SCE Evocators) - it was really tough to play against, especially with Evocators having Deepkin abilities. I just didn't know that Evocators were so tough as I charged them with 30 Witches with knives, Witchbrew and Catechism of Murder to capture one of objectives - I rolled poorly for charge and only got like 12-13 into combat but it's still whole lot of attacks - I managed to kill 4 and then Witches got killed in two rounds of combat as Evocators got their spells up, Morssar charged and captured one of my objectives out of deepstrike and I was in whole lot of trouble. I managed to win 17:16 in points thanks to Heartredners who captured one objective in turn 4 and then holding it against 2 defensive eels in turn 5 (with re-rolls of 1s for saves) to raze it. I killed almost whole Deepkin army but with their multiple to hit debuffs it's hard to play against them and it's hard to snipe out those Tidecasters. That battle was intense, as it turn 5 I had to raze 3 enemy objectives for 4 points to win it (I rolled 3 for 2 points on first objective so there was no sweat) 

Battle 2 - Relocation Orb, Shyish(Aetherquake Aftermatch) against Nighthaunt (80 Grimghast in total - 50 in Deepstrike, Knight of Shrouds on a horse, 2 small heroes, 2x20 smaller Ghosts). It was my first game against Nughthaunt and it looked like I am in whole lot of trouble. My opponent took first turn and advanced 9'' away from me, then he deepstriked two big units of Grimghast 9'' to set up multiple charges, he managed 2 charges out of 4 tries into Bucklers Witches and took them down, he got bubble to give his army 5++ so it didn't look good as I was kind of suprised how strightforward he went with his battleplan against me.  Shyish got some amazing spells but I decided to go for it  - I changed Morathi , cast +1 to hit on her, Warlocks casted -1 to hit on my Witches, all my prayers were successful and I charged with whatever I had into Nighthaunt - 30 Witches with Knives, Morathi, Slaughter Queen on Cauldron. And it won me a game, I got double turn and it was all over for Nighthaunt as I tabled my opponent in turn 4.  Also they guy who played with Nighthaunt was awesome we got some communication issues as he didn't speak English much and it was really tense battle that at one point could go either way. 

Battle 3 - Focal Points, Aqshy (Every Step a League) against SCE (Lord Arcanum on Chicken, Vexilor, Castellan, 20 Sequitors, 2x5 Judicators, 5 Liberatos, 4 Fulminators, 10 Evocators). Battle without history, my opponent took first and manged to inflict 3 wounds on my Slaughter Queen in shooting phase and then deepstriked 10 Evocators, Vexilor and 4 Fulminators 9'' away from Slaughter Queen and 30 Witches with bucklers. He got decision to make as he rolled 10'' for a charge with Fulminators to charge Slaughter Queen or Witches. He took quite a long time to decide and charged Witches which was a huge relief for me, as 4 Fulminators were able to take her down and then he would have a big chance to make it very, very difficult to me to win it. Fulminators didn't do anything (I got triumph for re-rolls of saves on those Witches) and then I just killed everything without losing a single unit. But my opponent was a great guy. 

Battle 4 - Starstrike, Ghyran against @Ragnar72 Sylvaneth . Yes Ghyran is that Realm with that little crazy spell called Mirrorpool that gives you ability to teleport caster 18'' and then 9'' away from enemy and then MOVE. I deployed Slaughter Queen screened with 10 Witches in the middle with Bucklers Witches on the left and Knives Witches on the right between two arcane terrains, so I deployed Morathi next to one arcane terrain and Warlocks next to another one. My opponent deployed with Alarielle,TLA and Bow Hunters in the center, 6 Scythes Hunters and 5 Reventns on my right and Dryads and Branchwraight on my left. With that deployment I was controlling whole middle part of the board so whenever comet would drop I was able to get there. I got decision to make about Morathi - I decided to go for it and changed her I buffed her with : Witchbrew, Catechsim and Mindrazor, then casted Mirrorpool on her. I could teleport her to charge Alarielle and TLA or Scythe Hunters and Revenants I decided that it's better to take down Hunters as with my numbers they were only threat to bunker on objective and just kill, kill and kill my Witches. So I charged them and with Mindrazor took down 1 Hunter. In few turns of Combat Morathi wasn't able to clear them (she killed 4 Hunters and Revenants) and was killed but it enabled me to take control of board and bunker on objective which fell in the right part of board, objective in my territory also fell in in the right part of board so I just bunker whole army there. My opponent tried to charge with Alarielle and summoned Treelord but I got a lot of bodies. I managed to kill both Treelord and Alarielle to seal a victory. So it the end charging with Morathi even though she was killed in 2nd battle round was a good decision as I made much easier to control whole board. 

Some afterthoughts :

I will drop Martyr's Sacrifice and Catechism of Murder for Crimson Rejuvenation and Sacrament of Blood as: Martyr's Sacrifice isn't optimal as on Bucklers Witches it doesn't do much and you don't want to use Knives Witches as Sacrificial Lambs, Catechism of Murder also is very situational it's only good on Cauldron as Cauldron has many quality attacks or on Blood Sisters. On the other hand ability to heal Cauldron in HaggNarr with -1 to hit could be worth a lot and Sacrament of Blood to give you re-rolls of hits in turn 2 will be amazing on everything. 

In the end it was fantastic event, I think I played good enought to win as almost every decision I made was correct and I was able to avoid any big mistakes. 

Here are few photos I took. 

39468562_10215076329915543_4216591796479721472_o.jpg

39509559_10215070152281106_9192712979747962880_o.jpg

39454688_10215070686054450_2545381693317971968_o.jpg

39390573_2043805798984708_6872859495156940800_n.jpg

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DantePQ said:

- it was really tough to play against, especially with Evocators having Deepkin abilities.

How exactly did that work?  Deepkin Allegiance abilities would only affect Deepkin units. So they should not benefit from the Tides or anything like that, unless I am missing a special ability that would actually grant Deepkin abilities to non Deepkin.

9 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Battle 4 - Starstrike, Ghyran against @Ragnar72 Sylvaneth . Yes Ghyran is that Realm with that little crazy spell called Mirrorpool that gives you ability to teleport caster 18'' and then 9'' away from enemy and then MOVE. I deployed Slaughter Queen screened with 10 Witches in the middle with Bucklers Witches on the left and Knives Witches on the right between two arcane terrains, so I deployed Morathi next to one arcane terrain and Warlocks next to another one. My opponent deployed with Alarielle,TLA and Bow Hunters in the center, 6 Scythes Hunters and 5 Reventns on my right and Dryads and Branchwraight on my left. With that deployment I was controlling whole middle part of the board so whenever comet would drop I was able to get there. I got decision to make about Morathi - I decided to go for it and changed her I buffed her with : Witchbrew, Catechsim and Mindrazor, then casted Mirrorpool on her. I could teleport her to charge Alarielle and TLA or Scythe Hunters and Revenants I decided that it's better to take down Hunters as with my numbers they were only threat to bunker on objective and just kill, kill and kill my Witches. So I charged them and with Mindrazor took down 1 Hunter. In few turns of Combat Morathi wasn't able to clear them (she killed 4 Hunters and Revenants) and was killed but it enabled me to take control of board and bunker on objective which fell in the right part of board, objective in my territory also fell in in the right part of board so I just bunker whole army there. My opponent tried to charge with Alarielle and summoned Treelord but I got a lot of bodies. I managed to kill both Treelord and Alarielle to seal a victory. So it the end charging with Morathi even though she was killed in 2nd battle round was a good decision as I made much easier to control whole board. 

Some afterthoughts :

I will drop Martyr's Sacrifice and Catechism of Murder for Crimson Rejuvenation and Sacrament of Blood as: Martyr's Sacrifice isn't optimal as on Bucklers Witches it doesn't do much and you don't want to use Knives Witches as Sacrificial Lambs, Catechism of Murder also is very situational it's only good on Cauldron as Cauldron has many quality attacks or on Blood Sisters. On the other hand ability to heal Cauldron in HaggNarr with -1 to hit could be worth a lot and Sacrament of Blood to give you re-rolls of hits in turn 2 will be amazing on everything.

What ended up taking Morathi down on turn 2?  Also what did you use to take down the Treelord and Alarielle?  Sylvaneth can be pretty tough to face sometimes.

I agree that Catechism of Murder is much better on Blood Sisters or something with more powerful attacks.  It's nice seeing such a beautiful army out on the table though.  Thanks for sharing!

50 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

How exactly did that work?  Deepkin Allegiance abilities would only affect Deepkin units. So they should not benefit from the Tides or anything like that, unless I am missing a special ability that would actually grant Deepkin abilities to non Deepkin.

I suspect he’s talking about using scions with evos, gavriel, and vandus. Basically gives you the same “trick” as deepkin using soulscryer, volturnos, and eels.

He got Ionarch enclave and allies in Ionarch Enclave get Idoneth Tides Allegiance Abilities. 

Considering the battle with Sylaventh - Kurnoth Hunters killed Morathi (1st battle round two turns of combat and then 2nd battle round 2 turns of combat). 

Alarielle and Treelord charged united of Witches that was bunkering the objective. Witches killed Treelord and inflicted 5 wounds on Alarielle I got mine turn and counter charged with Slaughter Queen.