AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Rekmeister said:

I'm even seeing the light regarding Slaughter Queens

So with you! Had a Slaughter Queens running around with nothing near her (on shrine though). Buffed the Queen's Blade of Khaine. She was insane even before the Avatar added even more. From memory I think I did about 10 damage to a unit of Bullgors just with her. Which is very good for a 100 point hero. And thats without all the supporting abilities, 2 prayers etc. I since started considering a 1L list without a couldran but with 1 Queens, 2 Hags and a Medusa, 20 witches, 20 sisters and 5 Warlocks. Maybe even switching a medusa for another Queen and a command points or topping up the witches.

Edited by Kramer

@Overread Haven't got my book handy, out of town, but I will post some cheats once I am able to reference them properly. Would it be considered off topic to write a comment about the efficiency and power Hagbrew? Not a cheat I know, but it's something a lot of new players will overlook.

Edited by Rekmeister

@Rekmeister The more info the better. I might split it into to parts so that the "index/cheatsheet" part is separated from tactical ideas/choices/bonuses etc... Especially as some areas, like temple selection, almost require a thread of their own since whilst some are more easily powerful than others, most do still hinge on the context of the army choices, player tactics and even opponent. 

On 8/13/2018 at 5:56 AM, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Once again, we see the magic number of 70 Witches/Sisters, and two units of 5 Heartrenders again.

Don't be ridiculous.  The magic number is clearly:

6 x Hag Queen (360)

6 x 30 Witches (1620)

Total (1980)

210 Wounds

100% murder

• Haha 1

What success have you all had with Endless Spells? What works well? What doesn't? In a recent tournament I tried using the Aethervoid Pendulum and discovered that you can't really rely on it to scoot across the board (as it only moves when you cast it and then between battlerounds). I made some mistakes with it's placement and it ended up doing a bunch of nothing, where I should have used it like a shotgun and plopped it down right next to a unit in combat with my Medusa. That's just my 2 cents.  I am going to try out the Quicksilver swords in my next battle as it has quite a long casting range. While the Chronomatic Cogs seem like a no brainier for a close combat army like the Daughters, I do not like the fact that the spell itself cannot move. I want my Medusa to be moving forward with my snakes and not hanging back. What do you all think?

30 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

What success have you all had with Endless Spells? What works well? What doesn't? In a recent tournament I tried using the Aethervoid Pendulum and discovered that you can't really rely on it to scoot across the board (as it only moves when you cast it and then between battlerounds). I made some mistakes with it's placement and it ended up doing a bunch of nothing, where I should have used it like a shotgun and plopped it down right next to a unit in combat with my Medusa. That's just my 2 cents.  I am going to try out the Quicksilver swords in my next battle as it has quite a long casting range. While the Chronomatic Cogs seem like a no brainier for a close combat army like the Daughters, I do not like the fact that the spell itself cannot move. I want my Medusa to be moving forward with my snakes and not hanging back. What do you all think?

I see a lot of people using Cogs, they just set it to the movement buff then forget it.

I have also seen people doing really well with the twin balls of energy that are linked. You can pass it over a lot of units and do a lot of mortal wounds if you use it in the right place. However, I've also seen that spell bounce back and wipe out the attacking army....

31 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

Quick question, does Snake Morathi count as a Behemoth in Pitched Battles? I know that normal Morathi doesn't, but it's kind of a grey area. It seems to me like maybe an oversight that she isn't one.

According to the Azyr app she is not considered a behemoth as far as list building goes. As Morathi must always be deployed in elf form and then transformed later.

Edited by DJMoose

9 hours ago, DJMoose said:

Cogs seems like a  DLHWI. Just don't forget that your opponent gets the buff as well.

Edited by Tasman

11 hours ago, Richelieu said:

Don't be ridiculous.  The magic number is clearly:

6 x Hag Queen (360)

6 x 30 Witches (1620)

Total (1980)

210 Wounds

100% murder

If only I had the money I'd try that in a heartbeat lol

edit: Just did the math thats like $1000 in witches

Edited by Archkyrie11
  • Haha 1

It's £630 direct from GW. That assumes not a single Witch wasted/lots otherwise it goes to just over £700!

In contrast you can build 75 Melusai for £450 and then only need one cauldron kit for the Bloodwrack and have a full 2K army - and it works!

Kind of mind boggling that the most basic troop costs more to fill out the army than the elite troop choice!

• Like 1

I'm  a little confuse.  Our Hags can pray twice each in our hero phase. So if one Hag knows Catechism, she prays for Catechism and fails...can she pray again to try to get it off?  Our book says that each prayer can only be prayed for once.  Is that one success, or just roll the one die?  Thanks for any insight.

Its not in the Designers commentary though I always thought it was similar to spells in that it refers to the successful prayer having its effect. So if one unit prays and fails another can instead pray that same prayer.

That would be my interpretation; the book complicates it because unlike spells, there is no specific wording to divide attempting to pray with the success of the preying. 

1 hour ago, LennyB said:

I'm  a little confuse.  Our Hags can pray twice each in our hero phase. So if one Hag knows Catechism, she prays for Catechism and fails...can she pray again to try to get it off?  Our book says that each prayer can only be prayed for once.  Is that one success, or just roll the one die?  Thanks for any insight.

1128365205_ScreenShot2018-08-18at6_31_25am.png.6f4bc6a31e5136bd55d4f4c4481016d7.png

Ahh I misremembered casting! That being the case then yes I'd agree that they can only attempt to pray for any particular prayer once per turn, so even if you fail to ask a prayer you can't then attempt to pray for it with another priest. However that still leaves DoK ahead because their prayers can't be countered by enemy wizards; so you're really only up against the dice gods in terms of if it works or fails. 

I'm not complaining.  Just wanted to make sure I was playing this correctly, didn't want to leave any buffs not gotten.  I've been having pretty good luck with the ladies so far.  Hopefully they will perform similarly at NOVA than in my practice games so far.

Just to add to the confusion.  If it is one attempt per prayer, what use would the Khainite Pendant be?  The bearer can pray 3 times, but if the best we can do is know 2 prayers (1 + animate avatar) why would we need to pray a 3d time?  Now I am really confused.  Actually, there are a couple of other prayers on the Hag card that are possible to cast.  Just not necessarily that useful.

Edited by LennyB

So, the purpose of Khainite Pendant would be to use that 'what hand is the dice in minigame' alongside a Hag Queen's useful games; OR have a Slaughter Queen blast off her D3 damage prayer, her pile in prayer, and her prayer of the Khainite cult. Iron Cicrclet is approx 100% better but I dunno, some people want to go balls to the wall and take max risks every game.