AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

@DJMoose where are the DoK bases from? :)

I purchased some sheet styrene that had a tiled pattern on it and then chopped it up to look ruined.  I had one of the guys in my group, Grimdark Live paint up the army for me.  He put Agrellan Earth onto the flat places of the base and then highlighted the whole thing.

Edited by DJMoose
  • LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, DJMoose said:

Using the magic of the internets I have found what we have sought:

Witchbrew:  Distilled from the blood of Slaughter Queens, witchbrew drives the imbiber into such an ecstasy of destruction that they will fight on in the face of impossible odds.

At the start of your hero phase, you can pick 1 friendly Daughters of Khaine unit wholly within 12" of this model to drink witchbrew.  If you do so, roll a dice, adding 1 to the roll for each of the following abilities that this model has gained:

- Headlong Charge

-Zealot's Rage

-Slaughterer's Strength

On a 5+, you can re-roll wound rolls for attacks made with melee weapons by that unit until your next hero phase.  In addition, on a 5+, do not take battleshock tests for that unit until your next hero phase.

So it looks like there are indeed two dice rolls for this ability; one for re-roll wounds and one for battleshock immunity.  And you add 1 to the roll for each of the following abilities.  So both rolls also improve as the battle goes on.

I think it's just a single roll that just makes clear it also takes affect on a 5+ on that specific roll rather than another number. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Feii said:

Shame you dont have the MElusai girl.

I mean shes OK for 110pts now, but with needing the army to stay together for support buffs, having them run off might not worth well (as Mirror dance isnt guaranteed) 

If they were still 460 for 20 I would totally take 2 units and have 1 anvil and 1 hammer,  sadly  at 520 for 20 its a bit much for me 

17 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I mean shes OK for 110pts now, but with needing the army to stay together for support buffs, having them run off might not worth well (as Mirror dance isnt guaranteed) 

If they were still 460 for 20 I would totally take 2 units and have 1 anvil and 1 hammer,  sadly  at 520 for 20 its a bit much for me 

she can buff the shrines too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xil said:

In case you didn't notice. 

Hagg Nar 5++ is for MODELS wholly within 12" so it's not as bad as it might seemed before. You can still charge and have some models in the bubble to soak up retaliation damage. 

Oh wow that's good. Trying to fit an entire unit wholly within was going to be difficult but models is much more doable.

48 minutes ago, Xil said:

Hagg Nar 5++ is for MODELS wholly within 12" so it's not as bad as it might seemed before. You can still charge and have some models in the bubble to soak up retaliation damage. 

Great catch. Haven’t noticed that sweet detail even after reading that rule several times

Edit: Compared the wording to other FNPs in other books. Eg. Ido ship. Always „units“ if its applicable to a range. So quite unique rule we have, right?

Edited by Milano

55 minutes ago, Xil said:

So you will have to roll one by one. Or rather if f.ex from 20 aelves you had 5 inside 12" of general, and incoming damage is more then 5 (or generally number of protected models) first you would roll 5 FNP rolls at 5+, and if f.ex. they all failed the rest would be on 6+, and you would have to remove models that were inside bubble.

Slightly annoying, I wonder if it will stay that way or there will be some FAQ?

9 minutes ago, Boar said:

So you will have to roll one by one. Or rather if f.ex from 20 aelves you had 5 inside 12" of general, and incoming damage is more then 5 (or generally number of protected models) first you would roll 5 FNP rolls at 5+, and if f.ex. they all failed the rest would be on 6+, and you would have to remove models that were inside bubble.

Well FaQ would make us weaker if I understand you. 

Anyway, fast rolling is only an option (that everybody does) but slow/normal rolling die by die is  the default method by the rules. 

13 minutes ago, Boar said:

I don't see it as a difficult thing to do. And it's not the only ability working like that. 

BTW, another catch from Honest Wargamer: Doomfire Warlocks inside Hagg Nar bubble have a 4+ Save 5++ Aftersaves... Add to that Cogs, as they are wizards and can manipulate it, and you have rerollable 4+ Save and rerollable Fanatical 5++ with Blessing prayer. 

Have fun shifting them

Edited by Xil

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

Anyway, fast rolling is only an option (that everybody does) but slow/normal rolling die by die is  the default method by the rules. 

Yeah it's option, just folks need to be aware of rules implications.

1 minute ago, Xil said:

I don't see it as a difficult thing to do. And it's not the only ability working like that. 

Yeah, hence word slightly, orruk ardboyz have something similiar with their shields.

As for Doomfire Warlocks, well Sigvald would be good here🙂.

12 minutes ago, Xil said:

BTW, another catch from Honest Wargamer: Doomfire Warlocks inside Hagg Nar bubble have a 4+ Save 5++ Aftersaves... Add to that Cogs, as they are wizards and can manipulate it, and you have rerollable 4+ Save and rerollable Fanatical 5++ with Blessing prayer. 

Have fun shifting them

You shouldnt be able to reroll the 5++ FNP with cogs  you are not saving you have failed a save and you are instead of allocating wound negating it with your FNP. roll 

1 hour ago, Xil said:

Uh-oh!  Back to the old pre-battletome days where the cauldron bloodshield projected a 6++ to friendly models within range, to be honest I kinda hope this is an error and they FAQ it to units wholly within, which is undoubtedly weaker but also way less annoying and fiddly, I'm already having flashbacks to trying to keep enough witches in range of 3 cauldrons to maintain maximum defensive potential!

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

You shouldnt be able to reroll the 5++ FNP with cogs  you are not saving you have failed a save and you are instead of allocating wound negating it with your FNP. roll 

No, you reroll the save because of Cogs, the endless spell. The Cauldron gives them  +1 to the Armor save making it a 4+ with reroll from Cogs. After that you have the fanatical save of 6++ which is 5++ with Hagg Nar. This After save is rerollable with the prayer Khaines Blessing. 

I hope it's clearer now

1 hour ago, Xil said:

Yeah its a big 24" bubble when you look at in on the table. Not sure why so much rage from people

Just now, Chumphammer said:

Yeah its a big 24" bubble when you look at in on the table. Not sure why so much rage from people

people forget that circles don't scale linear.  each inch just adds so much more area than the previous one.  (Glad that I am not in the hedonites thread rn 😄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Feii said:

oh yes got You, thanks! 

but to be fair doomfire warlocks with 14 MS arent the best unit to pillow foort with your main bubble imo.  

True and not. Remember Doomfire is pretty weak because you won't be in range most of the the time? Now when you force the enemy to come close to them, maybe even a screen in front, suddenly they are in range.

They wipe your screen, you buff warlocks up, maybe even mindrazor and counter charge. All you might lose is 5++ bubble. But 4+ reroll armor probably will stay as will reroll able 6++

Edited by Xil

5 hours ago, DJMoose said:

Although I still don't think I'll use the Avatar of Khaine.  Yet.  This will be explored.  Unless GW decides to release a female Morathi-Khaine avatar model and I will buy it in a second! Psst GW...take more of my money.)

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-lord-of-battle-110371
with a bit of work this might be good at least that’s what I’m planning to use 😊

The Avatar remains unchanged, right (140 pts?) I’m wondering if there is a fun but still strong build to be made in hagg narr running 3-4 of them, cauldron and hags in support, hoping to capitalize on their value...🤔

Edited by Silphid