Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

On 5/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, Mordread said:

I will going to Start an KO Army. Are they really so terrible???? I Love the models. And I play in an non competive group of Friends. Mostly against Free People and Fyreslayers.

No they are not. You’ll be fine. But be aware it’s a challenging army. 

Posted (edited)

I want to compliment my small kharadron force with some characters but to my surprise they are all games workshop store-exclusive. Do you guys recon the characters will be freely available again when (if?) the battletome drops? Or should I just get them now (and pay a bit more)? 1st world problems I know... 😉

Edited by VascoPinto

Hmmmm....not sure why that is, but I know my local stores have some in stock.  Perhaps check eBay, online retailers (other than GW), or Amazon?

Posted (edited)

Hello. It is me, the ghost of Sttufe, with the same (if not more) sarcasticness and cynicalness @Kramer has noted me for (I couldn't bother to log in).

I have only one thing to say: Last time I was here (2-3 months ago) everybody be like OHMAHGAWDN NEWKOBATTLETOMEINCOMING!!!!!!!! And now we're back to this: 

cool models, but aren't they bad?

No, just challenging

well, I hope we get a new battletome

i still play them anyways

(skip this)good for you bro, nice to know your better than me

I wish we had new models/new battletome

I like the models, but the battletome needs updating

and repeat

Edited by Sttufes Ghost
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, Barkanaut said:

Only 4 more tomes this year and 1 for each GA. The odds of us getting anything is now incredibly unlikely. So here is to another year of suck my brothers. I’m getting some seriously bad vibes about our armies future and GW supporting or even acknowledging its problems. 

They said there will be AT LEAST one more Battle Tome for each GA. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, Barkanaut said:

Double post

Edited by mikethefish

Hello fellow admirals! 

Noob here and i have some basic questions regarding KO.

If i deploy my frigate with khemist and thunderers in the sky, does this count as 1 drop or 3 drops? (regarding deployement!) 

Prospector command trait.. It says if unit is in range of terrain feature, what range how many inches? 

That is all for now and thank you for your answers! :)

Edited by Zigha2306

1 hour ago, Zigha2306 said:

Hello fellow admirals! 

Noob here and i have some basic questions regarding KO.

If i deploy my frigate with khemist and thunderers in the sky, does this count as 1 drop or 3 drops? (regarding deployement!) 

Prospector command trait.. It says if unit is in range of terrain feature, what range how many inches? 

That is all for now and thank you for your answers! :)

1) 1 drop.

2) You have to be within that terrain (in the forest, on the hill, in the ruins etc).

On 5/16/2019 at 2:17 AM, Sttufes Ghost said:

Hello. It is me, the ghost of Sttufe, with the same (if not more) sarcasticness and cynicalness @Kramer has noted me for (I couldn't bother to log in).

I have only one thing to say: Last time I was here (2-3 months ago) everybody be like OHMAHGAWDN NEWKOBATTLETOMEINCOMING!!!!!!!! And now we're back to this: 

cool models, but aren't they bad?

No, just challenging

well, I hope we get a new battletome

i still play them anyways

(skip this)good for you bro, nice to know your better than me

I wish we had new models/new battletome

I like the models, but the battletome needs updating

and repeat

It's ok. Two of the horsemen of the impending battle tomes have been spotted.  Gw employees and playtesters are buying and building KO. And they have a shadespire team...

There is also the distant rumblings of all the ko art in the new expansion.

If I was a betting man I'd say we had a book before the year end 

• Like 1

Just finished a 5 round 2 dayer out in milwaukee (Brew City Brawl) as the only KO player, went 2-3 but 2 of the losses were skin of the teeth.

Urbaz Brokk/2 Kemist (Ignax/+4movement cloak)/Invocator 40/10/10 Arknaughts (all skyhooks) 9 riggers (3drillcannons) 5 evocators.

Round 1 vs Anvilstrike Stormcast, I felt I played rather well for the first half the game, dispite losing balloons top of one to his shooting, I had the army tabled by turn 4, but mistakenly walked my 10 mans outside of 6 of 2 of my own objectives and long liberator/skink charges were able to sneak and burn 2 of them losing me the game (those were all that was left after my shooting phase.  Had I kept them back woulda been a win.

Round 2 vs a swarm of Nighthaut (Ugh immune to rend makes my hooks/saws sad), 2 units of 20 blade ghosts, 40 chainwraps, and 30 scythes ghosts made top of turn 1 charges killing 1/3-1/2 of my army.  Over the next few turns I took off over half his list, (evocator unit doing most the work) but I coulden't come back on objectives.

Round 3 vs a mix of stormcasts with Palidors and Fulimantors, was a quick game, a few vollys of skyhooks cleared everying in 28 and Brokk and his balloon possie cleaned his way through 3 units of Judicators to take the backfield objectives and win.

Round 4 vs -1 to hit in shooting DoK with Morathi a cauldron and 60 of her witch friends (on places of arcane power!) my opponent made some mistakes, and I got a great double turn getting riggers into morathi in elf form, was able to hold objectives with my heroes and table the daughters.

Round 5 ANOTHER -1 to hit in shooting DoK with Morathi, this was against the formation that allows crazy teleportation every turn, with 4 units of Kinari and 2 Warlocks.  I cleaned up almost everything in his list over 5 rounds except morathi, and had I made one more 4+ save on a dwarf in his final shooting phase I would have kept my 40 man horde 'alive' for points and won with points remaining.

Overall felt even chaffing with my 10 mans unbelievably punished by how many armies can just reach you top of turn 1.  No answers to Morathi besides frankly my opponent misplaying, and consistently hard to take objectives on the opposite side of the table, because if I lose Brokk or the Balloons, it takes our army twice as long to get anywhere.  The Stormcast allies were rockstars in every game, I don't think I would have done half as well without the evocators punches, the invocators auto dispel/suicide jars, and needing wizards for objectives in these missions.

Edited by GlanceOnASix
  • Like 2

What so you expect in the new GHB for KO?

-nothing?

-point Reduktion? On what?

-new battellines?

-?