AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 minutes ago, Azamar said:

If we don’t I’m sure you’ll convert some ;) 

definitely getting that warband- even if I don’t really use 2 khemists I prefer that model to the original. The extra volley gun I can make good use of as well. 

Considering warband costs it'll be a more cost efficient way of me getting a khemist. And more arkanauts for my mixed squads.

Also don't tempt me to make anyore weird conversions...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azamar said:

definitely getting that warband- even if I don’t really use 2 khemists I prefer that model to the original. The extra volley gun I can make good use of as well. 

Totally agree.  Also considering building my last 3 balloon boys as Skywardens so I can get that guy on the table. They do look cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcoangelo33 said:

Happy Friday Everyone!

I wanted to ask y'all how you make your skyriggers work without the flight stands.  If you have any ideas on how to do so, I would appreciate any insight you could give me.   

I got two main thoughts. 

1. A smoke plume that makes it look like there getting launched 🔥🌪 In which you can hide a small metal rod to carry them. 

2. A lot of people are placing khinarai on columns instead of the flight stands. Something similar should be perfectly possible with the Skyriggers. 

Hope this helps 👍

I really have to believe more is coming for us simply because it seems logical.

The lore for KO only gets deeper - they were front and center in the recent Grot and Skaven battletomes.  An indication we at least aren't just gonna fade away.

They really kind of have to do something with the faction post the AOS 2 drop and with how EVERY updated faction gets terrain and endless spells (or equivalent).

The current Soul Wars storyline can be used to justify big changes for the faction - it could be easily plausable that what Nagash did made the "magical" aether gas only become stronger and more potent.  This could be used to justify things like new models - like my own idea of a Aether Alchemist (who fully taps into the power of the aether gas to say create illusionary effects to foes exposed to it and/or buff to KO and allies.

Once again I am just speculating I have absolutely no inside knowledge of anything.

Edited by Ashman
Fix
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashman said:

I really have to believe more is coming for us simply because it seems logical.

Once again I am just speculating I have absolutely no inside knowledge of anything.

The only problem is that thus far we are relying on the use of the Malign Portent Heralds for "new model updates". No herald, no (significant) model update.

(and Slaanesh, but thats because it's mostly a daemons update and thus is half 40k, no idea just how many mortals are involved)

I think Post Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness, it'll be open season.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, Lightbox said:

Considering warband costs it'll be a more cost efficient way of me getting a khemist. And more arkanauts for my mixed squads.

Also don't tempt me to make anyore weird conversions...

Same here. As soon as I find my second unpainted khemist it’s going on eBay. Hate it when two heroes are exactly the same. 

Also yesterday I bought 9! Thunderers through eBay so that 1 extra thunderer is a must 😂

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

Hello fellow Arkanauts!  I was hoping to get some army list input from you folks.  I haven't played my KO since AoS 2.0 dropped due to other hobby interests, but my local group is starting an Escalation league and starting at 500 pts.  It sounds like there isn't a 2 Battleline requirement, but that remains to be seen.  So I'm currently struggling with two ideas and welcome your input and thoughts on a good/fun 500 pt list:

Skyport - Urbaz with There's No Trading with Some People  -likely take Aethersight Loupe to help counter magic

Khemist - 160 pts

10 Arkanauts with 3 Light Skyhooks - 120

5 Thunderers with 1 Aethermatic Fumigator and 4 aethershot rifles (Fumigator helps reduce incoming attacks so these guys can screen and withdraw, to protect the arkanauts)

Now - either 10 more Arkanauts with 3 Light Skyhooks or 3 Endrinriggers for some melee help or high movement objective grabbing

Thoughts?  Thank you!

Hello fellow Sky-Captains!

Had an oddball idea I was playing around with.  Kharadron Overlords Summoning Mechanic aka "Air Drops"

Any character in their hero phase may survey for aether-gold in order to pay for an air drop.  If they do so, they cannot move, shoot, or charge in the remaining phases, but may fight if already engaged.  They gain 1 aether-gold point for each hero that does so.  Also, you may choose to roll a dice while gaining aether-gold.  On a die-roll of a 6, you've found information on a volatile aether-gold vein and gain 2 points.  However, on a roll of a 1, the vein explodes and the character takes a mortal wound.

To spend aether-gold Points, the characters may call in an Air Drop.  Air Dropped units must be within 12" of a skyvessel or character and 9" away from enemy units.

Chart:

2 AG Points - Smoke Drop - Nominate an enemy unit within 12" range of a character/skyvessel.  That unit is -1 to hit.

3 AG Points - 5 Grundstok Thunderers

4 AG Points - 10 Arkanaut Company

5 AG Points - 3 Endrinriggers

6 AG Points - Grundstok Gunhauler

7 AG Points - Strafing Run - Pick an enemy unit within 18" of a Skyvessel or character, that unit is dealt d3 mortal wounds.  If the unit contains 10+ models it's d6 mortal wounds.

8 AG Points - Tactical Airstrike - Pick a terrain piece on the board, all enemy units within 6" of the terrain feature suffer d3 mortal wounds.  All units effected are also a -1 Bravery.

• Like 2

I'm not a KO player, but love the look and flavour. I have way too many projects on to start a new army right now, so fine to wait for a new tome/updates. That said, fyreslayers are apparently going to 2 wounds each, which opens up the possibility for KO as well. If they did up the sound count on troops it seems like they might end up making KO more elite overall. Any thoughts? If it was just a wound increase, what kind of points increase would follow?

Very unlikely.  

"In the lore, Fyreslayers are tough. We mean really, really tough – you don’t run around the Mortal Realms clad in little but jewellry and a mohawk without being pretty durable, after all! ! To represent this on the tabletop, ALL of the core infantry of the Fyreslayers have been given an additional Wound on their profile!"

KO are not so tough in the lore.  Our lore is all about us flying in ships. Hence,  I expect KO ships to be buffed, not the infantry.

Edited by Ointagru

On 4/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, BWG Cannonball said:

Hello fellow Sky-Captains!

Had an oddball idea I was playing around with.  Kharadron Overlords Summoning Mechanic aka "Air Drops"

Any character in their hero phase may survey for aether-gold in order to pay for an air drop.  If they do so, they cannot move, shoot, or charge in the remaining phases, but may fight if already engaged.  They gain 1 aether-gold point for each hero that does so.  Also, you may choose to roll a dice while gaining aether-gold.  On a die-roll of a 6, you've found information on a volatile aether-gold vein and gain 2 points.  However, on a roll of a 1, the vein explodes and the character takes a mortal wound.

To spend aether-gold Points, the characters may call in an Air Drop.  Air Dropped units must be within 12" of a skyvessel or character and 9" away from enemy units.

Chart:

2 AG Points - Smoke Drop - Nominate an enemy unit within 12" range of a character/skyvessel.  That unit is -1 to hit.

3 AG Points - 5 Grundstok Thunderers

4 AG Points - 10 Arkanaut Company

5 AG Points - 3 Endrinriggers

6 AG Points - Grundstok Gunhauler

7 AG Points - Strafing Run - Pick an enemy unit within 18" of a Skyvessel or character, that unit is dealt d3 mortal wounds.  If the unit contains 10+ models it's d6 mortal wounds.

8 AG Points - Tactical Airstrike - Pick a terrain piece on the board, all enemy units within 6" of the terrain feature suffer d3 mortal wounds.  All units effected are also a -1 Bravery.

Lord I hope this never happens.  I have no desire whatsoever for this army to become a summoning army.  Having to lug along more models than I absolutely HAVE to, is a colossal pain in the ass - espet considering the model transportation issues we already have.

I could maybe stomach having our units "resurrected" in some way, but that doesn't seem to fit, fluff-wise.

No, I would rather GW increase our "healing" abilities to the point where they are more useful.  Have our mechanics take our heavily damaged ships, and keep them working.  That is a far more fluffy solution, IMO.

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 hours ago, mikethefish said:

With these new Fyreslayer buffs, I may have to think more seriously about picking up some to be melee allies.

I was already planning on having some slayer allies in my 2k list, so this is good news to me!

Btw, I'll try to get an in progress pic of my Frigate tonight. It's about half way done.