AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Has potential, but the Sky Cannon sucks, and the Drill Cannon is worse than the ones that Endrinriggers have, so I would probably take some endrinriggers as they are just as mobile if not more so.

Edited by Sttufe

8 hours ago, Nick907 said:

The Ironclad is pretty tough at 1000 points, most enemies want to avoid it. 

That’s interesting; not in my experience, but maybe that’s atypical. I play an ironclad at 1k, and in most games it gets burnt down reasonably easily - hordes can do it, big elites can do it, monsters can do it. As long as that happens off objectives I’m ok with it, but it isn’t that durable with only 4+ save. I play Zilfin mostly, mind, so it gets in the thick of things fast.

ok just checked the card - https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/arkanaut-ironclad_ENG.pdf

dont think so - WAN :(

ok so what i feel a good change would be to maybe say if someone brought a navigator they could group with a certain NON skyfarer group to allow them ONTO a ship. makes sense? make people want to take the navigator a bit more no ?

4 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

Could happen but I doubt it. It is very specific about skyfarers being the only one allowed onto any transport, which kinda makes sense. Although that would make the navigator semi-useful.

Yah - cause as of right now the navigator is meh. 

I don’t think it would be to op 

because say we get a squad of fureslayers.

lets be tea what’s to prevent them in more to get onto a sky ship? 

So to put a restriction on it just have a navigator be the one to help them get on and off 

1 hour ago, Dekison said:

So to put a restriction on it just have a navigator be the one to help them get on and off

I'm just picturing a Navigator prodding a Fyreslayer with his instruments going "Just get on the damn metal boat ya backwards wazzok"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, DavionStar said:

I'm just picturing a Navigator prodding a Fyreslayer with his instruments going "Just get on the damn metal boat ya backwards wazzok"

lol yah i mean make it a add on thing like - Rod of embarking - cost 15 points? . Where the navigator groups with Order alliance and uses it as a tour guide

On 3/11/2019 at 3:16 AM, Sttufe said:

Ah, yes. When all KO weapons hit and wound on 6+ and deal 1 damage. With 1 shot per three battle rounds. Oh, and don't forget that every model's health is divided by 10. Oh man, I am most certainly looking forward to AoS 3.0.

Cynical much 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, Kramer said:

Cynical much 😂

Yes, I admit it, I may be the tiniest bit cynical. However, this is not the most cynical I have ever been. Ya know, just saying.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, Dekison said:
On 3/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, DavionStar said:

lol yah i mean make it a add on thing like - Rod of embarking - cost 15 points? . Where the navigator groups with Order alliance and uses it as a tour guide

Or, a new unit: Aethermatic Tour Guide. And, while we're thinking about the most annoying jobs, Aetheric Furniture Store Employees.

Jokes aside though, that would make a nice addition to any army, regardless of the way it's implemented.

Edited by Sttufe

48 minutes ago, Durant said:

Ok new question 

I am working on chaos ko 

And have a dilema would you do arkonauts company as chaos dwarfs or hobgoblins 

I am using russian alternative heads 

On the one hand, I would use them as Chaos Dwarfs as Arkanauts can get a whole lot of special weapons that fit better with proper Duardins, on the other hand, you can still use Thunderers as Chaos Dwarfs and use the Arkanauts as Hobgoblins. 

But ultimately I would go with duardin as the Arkaunt bodies are compact and sturdy while Hobgoblins are more lanky and thin. 

• Thanks 1

I was being sarcastic, as in @Mordeus wanted more battline, and I said they would remove the one we have. You have to have the legal amount of battleline in order to play at tournaments*. Friendly games you're covered.

*Don't quote me on that, that's my understanding of it.

Edited by Sttufe

I just hope the rumours regarding a combined dwarf battletome aren't true. The Kharadrons don't really fit with the other two factions, dispossessed and fyreslayers. A reworked book and one battleline would be good, no need for terrain or endless spells just more units!

• Like 3

I have a question for you all. I am a dwarf enthusiast who has been collecting Dispossesed models for some time now (I actually just finished getting my 2k list together).

I'm mainly a Dispossesed player at heart, but I really like the overall look and concept for Kharadron Overlords. To start with, what would be viable to include in a 1k army? The faction seems a bit difficult to build around points wise for me.

4 hours ago, Mordeus said:

I just hope the rumours regarding a combined dwarf battletome aren't true. The Kharadrons don't really fit with the other two factions, dispossessed and fyreslayers. A reworked book and one battleline would be good, no need for terrain or endless spells just more units!

Is there any source to those rumours beyond that one guy in the rumour thread? As it looks like he just made it up. 

14 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

I have a question for you all. I am a dwarf enthusiast who has been collecting Dispossesed models for some time now (I actually just finished getting my 2k list together).

I'm mainly a Dispossesed player at heart, but I really like the overall look and concept for Kharadron Overlords. To start with, what would be viable to include in a 1k army? The faction seems a bit difficult to build around points wise for me.

There’s only one battleline choice, and khemists are close to essential, so I would start with a khemist and two units of arkanauts, then work from there.

a start collecting box would take you up to 900 points, so that might be a cost effective way to expand, leaving 100 points spare which would allow more thunderers, or and allied unit (a runelord perhaps) giving you a mix of units- you could then see what you like and add more as your army grows

Edited by Azamar
Correcting autocorrect