AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, #SteveJames said:

Iron Jaws are still unique as are the Bone Splitters you can still play them as as their own Allegiance with as many options as before. Just now you have the additional option to use them as great Waugh. 

BCRs Allegiance is gone but you can still play the same list as before just instead of taking Gutbusters as allies they can be true Allegiance. 

and honestly, their special rules in the mawtribe allegiance are way better than the old BCR allegiance

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, plavski said:

It's nice that it doesn't specify a phase like Blood Warriors. If you're in combat but get shot up, or get magicked off the field, you can still fight the unit you're next to.

Yea, now our 1/4+/5+/-/1 gunbutt attack is much more dangerous) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, plavski said:

81960385_1223734927823298_2826863451781988352_o.jpg

From what source is this? 

Yeah its obviously a weaker ability than +1 to wound on the charge (and +1 hit for wardens) from Barak–Zon but we dont know other stuff like artifacts, command abilities and command traits yet and Thrying will be the port that can take all duardin, which imo is the real deal with that skyport. 

But as already mentioned I’d take those free attacks from Wardens/Riggers any day when they get killed in melee.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Some other random infos:

- ships are super expensive (seems that specialized list is mandatory...)

- kermist loose their boost

- the new hero is expensive but make the balloon guys battleline (nice and not surprised, as expected)

....to be continued...

Where is this coming from?

27 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Source says FB

Hmm that does sound iffy. But the contents are all to be expected. 
- if only the preview rules are the changes then already the ships need to be more expensive. 
- without selecting multiples of special weapons the Kermits loses a lot of value. So a change in ability seems likely to me. 
- hero thing expected as well. 

so regardless of your source this could very well happen. 

Is their precedent for having a battleline choice be dependent on a limited release character? It takes them a year+ to release those models individually, so unless there's a way to have them be battleline under, say, Brokk, that is a boneheaded move.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Some other random infos:

- ships are super expensive (seems that specialized list is mandatory...)

- kermist loose their boost

- the new hero is expensive but make the balloon guys battleline (nice and not surprised, as expected)

....to be continued...

That doesn't sound too unreasonable if the boats get a significant boost (more wounds, 3+ save on the ironclads, 4+ on the frigates, cannons hitting on 3+, etc). If the ships are 50% more expensive but better to compensate then that seems like a fair trade.

23 minutes ago, plavski said:

Is their precedent for having a battleline choice be dependent on a limited release character? It takes them a year+ to release those models individually, so unless there's a way to have them be battleline under, say, Brokk, that is a boneheaded move.

Goblin on squig maybe? But their might have been an old model available. 

8 minutes ago, novembermike said:

That doesn't sound too unreasonable if the boats get a significant boost (more wounds, 3+ save on the ironclads, 4+ on the frigates, cannons hitting on 3+, etc). If the ships are 50% more expensive but better to compensate then that seems like a fair trade.

with the fly high rule, conditional battleline, garrison rules... I think it unlikely to also get more wounds, better saves, better guns like you suggest.  

but we’ll see. But even without stat improvements, that fly high with garrison combined... is so so good. (Imo)

37 minutes ago, Kramer said:

- without selecting multiples of special weapons the Kermits loses a lot of value. So a change in ability seems likely to me. 

Im hoping the khemist keeps the AoE attack characteristic reduction debuff and gains an AoE buff if the old bufff is going away. 

Would also be cool if there where some options built in . Like you can buff, debuff, or shoot a bigger cloud of poisonous gass at a unit for more damage then the standard attack. This would give you some fun options if your bringing multiple khemists. 

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I would be happy if our guys were viable shooters without the khemist.

He looms like a gigantic point or stats tax over the whole army. As of now every single unit has to be viewed through the lense of the khemist buff. That‘s pretty bad design.

Yeah, if a hero is so badly neccessary, you don't have choices. It's also quite a points sink.

4 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

He looms like a gigantic point or stats tax over the whole army. As of now every single unit has to be viewed through the lense of the khemist buff. That‘s pretty bad design.

Great point. 

I still have this weird prediction in my head thunderers/special weapons will be choose effect A or B (extra rend vs range or something) and the khemist powering the weapons to select both at once. 

10 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

To be fair, most units need buff heroes to be the most effective, thats kind of how the game works. Would be cooler though if we had more ways of doing that.