AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Dead army never getting new models when it was designed for AoS from the ground up. The new and old models clash horribly from a visual perspective. 

Just because an army didn't get new models with their first update doesn't mean they won't ever get them. Remember that GW right now has limited producing capabilities. It's not like they have one game - they have AoS, 40k, LotR, Warcry, WHU, Necromunda, Blood Bowl, Aeronautica Imperialis, Adeptus Titanicus etc., etc. You're too fast with your judgements.

16 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Dead army never getting new models when it was designed for AoS from the ground up. The new and old models clash horribly from a visual perspective. 

You contradict yourself. Either orcs got new models when they became ironjawz OR ironjawz isn’t worked up from the ground for AoS because ‘Ard boys were in there from the start.*

again don’t you expect to niche changes? 

* was the weird on end times or AoS? 

But back to the fun bits 😁

who’s buying the limited edition tome? 
I got one for Ogors. Really bought into that release, got #6 out of 200 something. 
And I bought it on Monday night not Saturday on release. 

so curious to see how they manage orders and the popularity of the tome. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kramer said:

But back to the fun bits 😁

who’s buying the limited edition tome? 
I got one for Ogors. Really bought into that release, got #6 out of 200 something. 
And I bought it on Monday night not Saturday on release. 

so curious to see how they manage orders and the popularity of the tome. 

Im REALLY tempted to get one. How expensive were the other limited edition ones (in €)? 

2 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Im REALLY tempted to get one. How expensive were the other limited edition ones (in €)? 

The ogor one was €65 vs €32,50 for the normal one. 

Honestly absolutely worth it for me. 
But I had 2,5K of painted ogors.  One feast of bones box later and I had enough to last me painting till now (also painted Brokk and a bunch of stormcast though). 
If I were starting an army I’d rather spend the 32,50 on an extra box of minis. But if your set, a slow painter or a collector. The set is very worth it. The cover is of a softer material so it feels nice to hold, the book marker genuinely handy during games/list building and the gilded edges do look cool. 
but this is from someone with enough expendable income and a fully painted army so no need to buy models to play or paint. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, michu said:

TBH I don't understand paying twice the price for different cover and bookmark. I expect something more for LE.

Yeah was the first time for me with ogors and just genuinely a nicer version and nothing more. 
but I like it for the reasons in my post above this one. 

29 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

It's sad that we must take 12 man squads of baloon boys to use aether gold...

In the “coming next week” article, you can see tokens for 2 aethergold shares in the spread of the warscroll cards.  

Seems like a good indicator that there will be a way to get more shares, including giving shares to smaller units (possible a sub-allegiance ability for the super rich sky-port whose name I can’t remember at the time).

1 minute ago, FatherTurin said:

In the “coming next week” article, you can see tokens for 2 aethergold shares in the spread of the warscroll cards.  

Seems like a good indicator that there will be a way to get more shares, including giving shares to smaller units (possible a sub-allegiance ability for the super rich sky-port whose name I can’t remember at the time).

Maybe Barak-Urbaz? That's the merchant one.

1 minute ago, FatherTurin said:

Barak-Nar is the richest port. At the moment their thing is anti-magic. I could see them pivot to support the Aether-gold shares mechanic. 

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

Barak-Nar is the richest port. At the moment their thing is anti-magic. I could see them pivot to support the Aether-gold shares mechanic. 

No he was right - Urbaz is the "merchant" port.  While Nar is definitely the largest and most influential, Urbaz is renowned for the negotiating skill of their merchants.

Nar was the port who got extra relics during army creation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

No he was right - Urbaz is the "merchant" port.  While Nar is definitely the largest and most influential, Urbaz is renowned for the negotiating skill of their merchants.

Barak-Nar should be the most generalized skyport so more aethergold-shares would be fitting (as they are also the richest). 

Also they are renowned for the best fleet commanders, so i expect some crazy good options for admirals 😍

Edited by Phasteon

26 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I just double checked with the Battletome. Barak-Urbaz is the Khemist city (Khemist can use their buff twice, plus the extra artefact), while the Battletome calls Barak-Nar the biggest and most influential sky-port (also the home of Brokk Grungsson).

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

I wouldnt go anywhere near calling KO a "dead" army.  We might of gotten one new Hero and no spells or terrain BUT what we desperately needed was new ship rules and more battleline, which is what we both got.

None of the 1.0 to 2.0 Armies got massive update on units. Its plain to see that GW was trying to get all Armies on the same page.  Which coming from a Fantasy background where armies could wait 6-7 years with no updates, I'm loving this new GW

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I just double checked with the Battletome. Barak-Urbaz is the Khemist city (Khemist can use their buff twice, plus the extra artefact), while the Battletome calls Barak-Nar the biggest and most influential sky-port (also the home of Brokk Grungsson).

Barak Urbaz is also called "the Market City".

21 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I wouldnt go anywhere near calling KO a "dead" army.  We might of gotten one new Hero and no spells or terrain BUT what we desperately needed was new ship rules and more battleline, which is what we both got.

None of the 1.0 to 2.0 Armies got massive update on units. Its plain to see that GW was trying to get all Armies on the same page.  Which coming from a Fantasy background where armies could wait 6-7 years with no updates, I'm loving this new GW

You clearly didn't read the discussion. I wasn't talking about KO. 

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Khemists are their other specialty.  They are merchants first - hence "the Market City".

The reason why they have advanced Khemists, is because they are so money-grubbing and greedy that their Khemists are obsessed with squeezing every last drop of profit out of their bounty.

Quoted from the book-

"It is said that bartering with a trader from Barak-Urbaz is more treacherous than navigating a shoal of stunfish. Barak-Urbaz is the most cosmopolitan of the sky-ports, and its citizens pursue profit with unmatched zeal"

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

That‘s a pretty pessimistic point of view, don‘t you think so? By this standard, Sylvaneth, Skaven, FeC, Beasts of Chaos, and many other armies are nearly dead...and so would be the game. 
it‘s pretty clear, that gw is trying to bring all Armies to AoS 2.0 standard. We are just one book apart from that...that is something i rarely experienced in my nearly 18 years in the hobby. They‘re updating every faction within 18-20 months...(it took 3-5 years in warhammer fantasy)...when they are done, they wont drop AoS 3.0 directly...so we are talking of 1-2 years of a release limbo, where we can expect everything from minor updates, over new models for existing factions through Campaigns to totally new factions.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

ironjaws and beastclaw raiders both now souped and effectively dead as their own factions also KO bad since original release

Iron Jaws are still unique as are the Bone Splitters you can still play them as as their own Allegiance with as many options as before. Just now you have the additional option to use them as great Waugh. 

BCRs Allegiance is gone but you can still play the same list as before just instead of taking Gutbusters as allies they can be true Allegiance.