AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

What other dwarfs are tempting for the port that can take them? I've got iron drakes, longbeards and gyrocopters already, but I don't know if I can resist getting some Fyreslayers to paint up. Big thing stopping me was not wanting to do a whole army 

4 hours ago, Thostos said:

When KOs were first released,the build I ran had a block of 20 Vulkites and the Runesmiter with the key that allowed them to backdoor my oponents,,worked pretty well.

I think any power pair of cheap buff character and melee block could have a role. Runesmiter + vulkites/hearth guard or runesmith +longbeards/ironbreaker can all work depending on what you own or want to paint. 

Depending on how shooting is adjusted Gyrocopters are worth a look as well. KO pay a big premium for high rend character sniping but can struggle to thin down hordes. If that is unchanged a steam gun or three might be a very useful piece to add. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

I think any power pair of cheap buff character and melee block could have a role. Runesmiter + vulkites/hearth guard or runesmith +longbeards/ironbreaker can all work depending on what you own or want to paint. 

Depending on how shooting is adjusted Gyrocopters are worth a look as well. KO pay a big premium for high rend character sniping but can struggle to thin down hordes. If that is unchanged a steam gun or three might be a very useful piece to add. 

It would also be fitting, it's quite obvious the Cogsmith and Gyro's extrapolated is what the Kharadron are now.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Gunhowler is NOT behemoth  in the current BT. I tried warscrolbuilder, the restriction is "artillery", being max 4 for 2K pts. How many can you play in the current BT?

I meant  that there are examples of the battlefield role behemoth disappearing if it gains battleline as a battlefield role. That could mean the artillery battlefield role could drop if a model becomes battleline as well. 
but again how many times you try warscroll builder until the book is revealed there is no answer to your question (only speculation)

Fyreslayer prayers like the Prayer of Ash works on any unit, so it might be worth taking FS priests to crank out those buffs. Any 3+ ship would do well with a +1 save each turn. Could also be nice doing a Prayer of Grimnir's Fury on Brokk to have him fight in the hero phase. Could possibly use the Magmic Invocations too.

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Gunhowlers question : they are in the artillery slot which is max out at 4 per 2000 pts. Can we have several of them in one unit, counting as one? Because if it is 4  ships max, I couldn't spam gunhowlers!, !?!?????

I'd like to have a SHIP ARMY followed by buble men.

I will be happy to see 1-3 of them per unit.

1 hour ago, plavski said:

Fyreslayer prayers like the Prayer of Ash works on any unit, so it might be worth taking FS priests to crank out those buffs. Any 3+ ship would do well with a +1 save each turn. Could also be nice doing a Prayer of Grimnir's Fury on Brokk to have him fight in the hero phase. Could possibly use the Magmic Invocations too.

Prayer of Ash is only available for Fyreslayers priests in a Fyreslayers allegiance though. 

Those Zhargrim blessings in general

5 hours ago, Phasteon said:

So you are not rage quitting GW now? 

Who would have thought 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyway, I hope all the doomsayers are feeling ashamed now, as expected those previewed rules looked very strong, thematic and fun. Maybe put a bit more trust into the company whose products you bought for so long now. 

This is the first time they haven't messed up any of my armies in over 3 years. I was right to be skeptical. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

This is the first time they haven't messed up any of my armies in over 3 years. I was right to be skeptical. 

Maybe they still have :D

It's still the situation that you know nothing John Snow xD

I really hope that the rules will be cool, alone because I want to see more sky dwarfs on the boards. Only a really small part of me want that your salt and whine gets actually no cheese :D

I have to stay strong and be loyal to my nurgle boys even it is hard these days hehe. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Look, nobody likes to admit that he was wrong and especially on the internet so I get why you try to defend your posts about how GW personally hates you and your armies. 

But calling it justified is a bit much dont you think? And being skeptical is ok, but what you did was paranoid 😂

Anyway, hope you can finally enjoy an army and find rest at night knowing GW doesnt hate you ;–)

The ability to zip around the table on demand,  assuming you can dismount during movement, is pretty friggin huge in competitive play. Even if they changed all of the troops to have no armor saves and kill themselves on hits of 1s you'd still have a pretty massive point advantage early on in most missions to coast on. In a realistic scenario it made skyships loaded with thunderers a very scary clown car that can appear and reappear wherever you need it assuming it doesn't get charged and dies immediately.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Glass (Melee) cannon? 

I dont know, if they get an additional wound (you never know) they are like chaos knights but with much more output. 

In the end every unit without a 3+ rerollable save or a 4++ wound ignore feels like a glass cannon in AoS 😂👍🏻

6 hours ago, cofaxest said:

I just want to be more sceptical about it. 

WIth the track record so far for GW it’s hard to be sceptical... if we put all armies in a 3 tier system (3 being bad, 2 being average, 3 being too strong) I would put a majority of the factions in tier 2. 

GW has done some dumb stuff sure (skaven being op yet Moulder being weak, slaanesh with bogus summoning. Like GW just make it so it’s only works on heroes then it wouldn’t be so swingy, then balance the depravity points) 

even then they fixed the worst offenders in the latest FAQ. No matter how you look at it AOS balance wise is doing incredibly well. I have no reason to believe  the new book won’t  be at least tier 2.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Glass (Melee) cannon? 

Kind of. In my opinion (for what little that's worth!) I think Endrinriggers could be paper tigers with a repair ability, so it's risky but potentially rewarding to throw them into combat to defend the ships they work on.

Skywardens I think should have a more melee-focused profile. For crying out loud, they're dirigible-wearing whalers on the moon that spear dragons while the ships guns do the killing.

54 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Just out of curiosity. Is there any army you feel they got right? 

Most just not mine. Tau 8th Ed, dark Eldar (okay but still xenos in 8th), and Deathwatch brand new army murdered by Primaris lore and models. As for AoS I liked ironjaws and beastclaw raiders both now souped and effectively dead as their own factions also KO bad since original release. See why I was so skeptical. Seems like GW had a personal laser out for my armed if choice. KO might be the only good army I might have left.

Edited by Barkanaut

43 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Most just not mine. Tau 8th Ed, dark Eldar (okay but still xenos in 8th), and Deathwatch brand new army murdered by Primaris lore and models. As for AoS I liked ironjaws and beastclaw raiders both now souped and effectively dead as their own factions also KO bad since original release. See why I was so skeptical. Seems like GW had a personal laser out for my armed if choice. KO might be the only good army I might have left.

Is it possible that you set unrealistic expectations? 
because if most are good and across the two systems no less. that’s a hell of a lot apart from the six factions you play(ed). The constant seems to be you. If you consider ironjawz dead because you also get the big waagh option then you have a very specific expectation that isn’t met. Because the lore is moved forward, the rules for Ironjawz moved forward, the options increased and nothing was taken away. The only thing is that the book isn’t separate anymore. So from that purist standpoint you might feel something is taken away but that conservative mindset will hurt you every updat. 

• Like 1