AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Honestly thank god theres no terrain piece, glad I don't have to buy and transport some silly thing to get an allegiance ability.  Looking forward to the new book, heres hoping its good and not broken!  I'm keeping the faith, lets see some rules previews before passing judgment!

• Like 3

Humm...wondering what they mean by "and all the games you play use the updated airborne battles system found in the box."

It certainly cant be what was released in WD as that is described as a different game like the one they released for 40k last year.

And do they mean just the games played with the models in the box set..or are these "updated" rules going to be added in to the main AoS rules.

Wow people, we finally have a new book and release coming our way and players are already complaining?! I remember when AoS first launched and all the hyper-competitive players left the game. Part of me wishes they’d never returned... 

It’s a game. Play it or don’t. Nothing frustrates me more than hearing a grown man whine about his toys. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Nick907 said:

Wow people, we finally have a new book and release coming our way and players are already complaining?! I remember when AoS first launched and all the hyper-competitive players left the game. Part of me wishes they’d never returned... 

It’s a game. Play it or don’t. Nothing frustrates me more than hearing a grown man whine about his toys. 

Well I'm sorry that hearing negative opinions makes you grouchy, but here's the deal.

None of us were playing KO because the rules were so awesome.  Most of us were playing KO because the models were so badass.  Now, we've gotten our one big shot to get new models in 2nd Ed, and we've just found out that only a single (hard to acquire) character model is probably our only new model...is it any wonder that many of us are unhappy?

It's great that we've got a chance at having good rules, but things are a bit of a let down right now.  Maybe try being a tad more sympathetic, ok hoss?

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Nick907 said:

The bad ass models aren’t going anywhere. You can still buy them. I’m mostly talking to the ‘GW hates me, I’m going to quit playing if I lose,’ crowd. 

Its a dice game, not an I.Q. test. 

You cannot be so obtuse as to not understand that people were hoping for at least a terrain piece or something.  Quite frankly?  It sucks that none are apparently forthcoming.  

Yeah, the line is still as badass as it always was.  But why is it so hard to understand people's disappointment?  It's going to last for like sixty seconds, and then people will get on with their lives

Edited by mikethefish

I for one do not think yesterdays preview was about KO it was only about Tzeentch changes and new items, I think they're holding off on info about any KO terrain pieces etc for the next week of articles they always do with a new release.
It was clear to me upon first read that it was being purposefully obtuse as to not give anything away.

2 hours ago, mikethefish said:

You cannot be so obtuse as to not understand that people were hoping for at least a terrain piece or something.  Quite frankly?  It sucks that none are apparently forthcoming.  

For some people, nothing is ever good enough. Unfortunately these folks exist in abundance in this hobby. I think they are the biggest detriment to growing it’s popularity. If fewer players were insufferable, more people would play the game, and the company would have larger profit margins and greater financial incentives to take the risk of increasing model ranges. When was the last time you saw someone recommend KO to a new player?

Not a strong incentive for GW to expand the range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Well I'm sorry that hearing negative opinions makes you grouchy, but here's the deal.

None of us were playing KO because the rules were so awesome.  Most of us were playing KO because the models were so badass.  Now, we've gotten our one big shot to get new models in 2nd Ed, and we've just found out that only a single (hard to acquire) character model is probably our only new model...is it any wonder that many of us are unhappy?

It's great that we've got a chance at having good rules, but things are a bit of a let down right now.  Maybe try being a tad more sympathetic, ok hoss?

No I call bull on this. Don’t try to group the people talking about it being a shame  of missing out on terrain, with the people complaining GW hates them, the army etc. 
the first group is fine, the second group is getting flacc for their behaviour. 

if you are on the cusp of the rules release and shouting you are jinxed, the rules will suck, you will quit is it’s not a 8 in 10* army. You are being an insufferable grouch. 

if you comment on the lack of endless spells. That’s fine. Some people like them some people don’t. Absolutely fine. Same with the lack of models. That’s truly fine. 

but just the spouting of negative nonsense as if there is a personal slight against anyone is unconstructive, unhelpful and serves no other purpose as to whine for attention. And hurting the excitement before release on the side. 

and the bull part. Read back the thread. These are the same (mostly) names who have been b*tching for over a year that everything is horrible and it was going to be years before a rules change, bla bla bla. That was when the sympathy was there. Now that there is a book coming and somebody’s still whining there not being much sympathy left is absolutely fine in my mind.  

*which by the way is a 4 in 5 army.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kramer said:

No I call bull on this. Don’t try to group the people talking about it being a shame  of missing out on terrain, with the people complaining GW hates them, the army etc. 
the first group is fine, the second group is getting flacc for their behaviour. 

For some people this things are connected. The more money you spend the more personal each new release will be. Especially if you are monofaction collector. 

Well, as I gradually became more of a hobbyist then a player, I'm all for a new release if it means new models. If the rules are good...well, I've been late to that game before. My guess is that this set will try and make Skywardens at least nominally worth the time and effort and the boats getting buffed to at least decent save values.

I love the new Balloon Endrinmaster and can't wait to paint him up. And all my balloon boys were made Endrinnriggers (all 12 of them) so I might as well make 6 Skywardens. Who knows, might pan out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cofaxest said:

For some people this things are connected. The more money you spend the more personal each new release will be. Especially if you are monofaction collector. 

True but spending that money doesn’t make GW personally  you anything. So whining about being supposedly wronged is a delusion. 
And again a lot of the posters have been showing that behaviour for well over a year and there was never going to be another tome, and life was 💩 and now there is a tome which could have been the coolest rules ever.... but no, again GW shafted them personally. Apparently. 

also just want to make the distinction again. Posting that you feel a lack of more models is a shame is something completely different then whining. (Although those aren’t mutually exclusive either)

8 hours ago, Thostos said:

Humm...wondering what they mean by "and all the games you play use the updated airborne battles system found in the box."

It certainly cant be what was released in WD as that is described as a different game like the one they released for 40k last year.

And do they mean just the games played with the models in the box set..or are these "updated" rules going to be added in to the main AoS rules.

I actually just noticed this too and was wondering what that was all about.

29 minutes ago, Kramer said:

True but spending that money doesn’t make GW personally  you anything. So whining about being supposedly wronged is a delusion. 
And again a lot of the posters have been showing that behaviour for well over a year and there was never going to be another tome, and life was 💩 and now there is a tome which could have been the coolest rules ever.... but no, again GW shafted them personally. Apparently. 

also just want to make the distinction again. Posting that you feel a lack of more models is a shame is something completely different then whining. (Although those aren’t mutually exclusive either)

I see the main problem that we have no clue why specific releases include one or another items/models. Why orogs get hero and terrain and fyreslayers get spells and terrain? Why beasts of chaos get spells and terrain and KO get only hero? It's so strange and confusing.

4 hours ago, nine7six said:

Anyone been able to translate the navigator warscroll? 

From what I can read:

• Tormenta del Aether/  Aetherstorm: 34", in LoS, flying target: Roll a die, on 1-2, nothing happens, on 3-5, half movement, on a 6 half movement and 1D3 mw.
  • Visión del Aether/ Aethervision (?): Can dispell 1 Endless Spells and unbind 1 spell.
  • Leer los vientos/ Read the winds: re-roll run and charge (?) rolls for friendly skyvessels that are in LoS with one or more Navigators.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

From what I can read:

• Tormenta del Aether/  Aetherstorm: 34", in LoS, flying target: Roll a die, on 1-2, nothing happens, on 3-5, half movement, on a 6 half movement and 1D3 mw.
  • Visión del Aether/ Aethervision (?): Can dispell 1 Endless Spells and unbind 1 spell.
  • Leer los vientos/ Read the winds: re-roll run and charge (?) rolls for friendly skyvessels that are in LoS with one or more Navigators.

Those are interesting abilities!

Chances of him finding a place in my TE are increasing.

Edited by zilberfrid

44 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

I see the main problem that we have no clue why specific releases include one or another items/models. Why orogs get hero and terrain and fyreslayers get spells and terrain? Why beasts of chaos get spells and terrain and KO get only hero? It's so strange and confusing.

Okay. 
1. If that's the issue. Totally fair but that's not been in the comments as far as I can see. (unless followed by GW hates me level comments)
2. If you post that question maybe someone will know and can help clear it up. 
3. I don't think anybody can truly clear it up. But as far as I understand it through all the podcasts and interviews with GW employees it's all down to model first. If the Ogor release was on the schedule and a designer got a cool idea for the mawpot and it was approved. That's why it's there. Fyreslayers a designer created the endless spells and that's why they got them. There apparently wasn't a design that was approved. It's no stranger than that. 

• Like 2