AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I have BCR, IJ and KO. I'm totally disappointed about IJ, no new models at all, neither terrain/endless spells. More or less the same with BCR, though the Mawpot is great I'd love plastic yethees/cats/hunters/mages. 

My hope with KO is that they have better treatment than my 2 other armies. Otherwise, I'd start to thinking that I'm jinxed...

• Like 1

I would be shocked if they got new models of any kind. Miiiiiiight, slight might, see some terrain and maybe some form of endless...somethings or other. My guess would be if KO get endless whatevers then the navigator will be the one to 'cast' them. Rules and warscroll updates are a given. Im hoping for 3+ save to the boats and almost universal 3+ to hit across everything except for Arkanauts

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

I would be shocked if they got new models of any kind. Miiiiiiight, slight might, see some terrain and maybe some form of endless...somethings or other. My guess would be if KO get endless whatevers then the navigator will be the one to 'cast' them. Rules and warscroll updates are a given. Im hoping for 3+ save to the boats and almost universal 3+ to hit across everything except for Arkanauts

I think GW is not interested to make KO shooting more powerful and to be honest we don't need it. We need screen melee unit, better saves and ships that can do some dmg/tanking. 

What do people think about using the Grombrindel admech model for a Kharadron hero (best fit would be Edrinmaster, next Admiral if you give him a pistol)? I think it fits the aesthetic (if you don't include the goblin, that is a bit of a bad fit.

aba0112a.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Yep- new box set - Aether Storm to get the character - really wanted a non named character with a balloon so I'm delighted [as long as I can get the box]. Looks like Aether Storm will have 6 skyriggers, the balloon endrinmaster and a gun hauler. Might be a wee peak at some terrain too in that video -there is a large, rugby ball shaped balloon behind the riggers.. might be a floating platform. 

Video link-

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/25/happy-christmas-from-warhammer-communitygw-homepage-post-1/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yep- new box set - Aether Storm to get the character - really wanted a non named character with a balloon so I'm delighted [as long as I can get the box]. Looks like Aether Storm will have 6 skyriggers, the balloon endrinmaster and a gun hauler. Might be a wee peak at some terrain too in that video -there is a large, rugby ball shaped balloon behind the riggers.. might be a floating platform. 

Video link-

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/25/happy-christmas-from-warhammer-communitygw-homepage-post-1/

They make a lot of custom terrain for the release videos. So I’m guessing not. But the terrain they made for the tzeentch is baller though. 
2B50C9B1-0703-497D-A711-849E82FDB706.png.ad8f8ec2b81972e1e26832595b7cd391.png

C8A7D7FC-0AFB-45D7-8EF8-0DF0A1CC8E12.png.b0d0c8f7fee286ccac8345fcf08d9729.png

• Like 2

I’ve been mulling over which faction to collect next, and with the new battle tome announced... and also the fact that KO were my initial choice to start AOS (until I saw how expensive they were to collect)... I think I’m ready to start sailing for gold :) 

and ive also heard KO aren’t doing so well. Hopefully the battle tome fixes some issues! (And also I hope arcanites get some endless spells as they are technically my other force when I’m not running S2D, it seems I’m being spoiled over December and January)

looking over the rules on the app here are my hopes for the new tome:

some equivalent to spells or prayers. I think giving ships “maneuvers” that work similarly to praying but with a focus on movement and damage buffs could be cool! The guy who navigates ships could give a bonus to these rolls! 

4 up armour standard on troops and vehicles. These are metal ships! Crudely made Orruk armour shouldn’t outclass it!!!

over all damage boosts, or more ways to avoid combat. I really like the Grundstoks and their retreating abilities! Give the army more ways to win activation wars so that the army is hard to pin down. I kinda like the idea of allowing the ships to retreat and shoot, as well as giving units “emergency balloons” to give them a 1 use only fly move (to retreat or jump over units). The KO should be hands down the best at tricksy mobility in my mind. They don’t have to be the fastest, but lots of options (which they seem to already have but I want moar) is always a good thing 

I also think ships should be able to ignore combat from non flying units but receive a debuff when doing so. Maybe minus 1 to hit or something (this could be too strong but I think it makes logical sense) maybe allow ships to “fly” which removes them from the board but allows them to deepstrike next turn? And while they are high up they could bombard or something idk I just want to have the feeling of actual flying. 

i also want a terrain piece. No reason for it I just like terrain pieces :) 

maybe give the army over watch capabilities. Close combat armies fight twice a round, shooting is once a round... and most armies are in combat turn 2 if they really want to be. I know that shooting is at range but it should still either do a bit more damage per point then melee or get to overwatch as a last ditch effort against charges.

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
  • Like 1

Given the treatment other armies got when they were revamped, I don‘t expect that many new models (actually at most 1 unit + the new hero), although I do wish for one.

But ruleswise I think the changes will be substantial. 
What I want to see is threefold.

Revamped ships, really made bread & butter of our army. More dmg, definitely more survivability. 
A screening unit of some sort (I think this is where the birds come in). And finally... 

lots of tweaking. Skywardens with 3+
hit in melee, thunderers with less clutter in their shooting phase, skyports more defined, made up ones better, maybe different battlelines depending on who is your general. The usual stuff.

As a bonus I expect but don‘t necessarily need out equivalent to endless spells. Which won‘t be magic but rather predictions of aetherwind and the like. Yadayada.

• Like 1

I nearly re-entered Warhammer with KO last year, my brother got me some riggers and a khemist last Christmas.

after thinking about it more until just last month I decided to go Khorne because I thought learning to paint on Khorne Daemons would be infinitely more forgiving than the Duardin.

But seeing this set (I think most Tzeentch models look really cool too) I think I’m going to have to pick it up.

Collecting 2 armies at once is ok right?? Haha.

Anyway rules wise I agree with Ogre Slayer. It always irked me that melee units could whack an ironclad to death.

Hopefully new hero as general allows riggers as battle line too.

• Like 1