AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

47 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That’s so cool! How will you be. Basing the foottroops? And how did you do the waves? Hot glue melting and setting irregularly?

Foot infantry will hawe wooden deck, flying ones sea like ships. Waves are made using valejo water texture. Those are before varnish

IMG_20191125_063546.jpg

Edited by Entombet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

Foot infantry will hawe wooden deck, flying ones sea like ships. Waves are made using valejo water texture. Those are before varnish

IMG_20191125_063546.jpg

Oh that’s cool! 
how did you find working with the water effect. I’m trying out some old water effect my dad bought ages ago and I now have lying in a cupboard. Which from memory was a pain to work with. Basically I’ll just be melting plastic until I can pour it unto a base. So If the Vallejo water texture is more refined is happily save myself the pain. 

If you’re interested in the lore.... read the new novella: ‘code of the skies’. 
it has everything. Great villains, great protagonist, grudges, fiddling with the code, sky ships and swashbuckling. It’s awesomely written but above all it gives real insight in the culture 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

What up floaty dwarf brothers and sisters 

got a game tomorrow against a friend. Used to play back in the day and he likes my KO models the best. So I’ll be facing him with my mawtribes. But I’m kinda getting the gut feeling* it’s one of the worst matchups. 

the list is build to show the different strength so he can try some things out. Am I missing something he needs to experience?
(I decided to ignore his battleline minimum to also try a bigger buffed skyhooks unit) 

Ziflin.
Brokk (cool model, nuff said). 
khemist + 20 arkanauts. 
6 endrinriggers. 
Frigate + 10 thunderers (to deepstrike in, nice tactical challenge). 
Fyreslayer runesmiter + 10 hearthguard bezerkers.  (Otherwise he would have nothing to take the charge) 

* see what I did there? 😉

Greetings fellow admirals!

Im currently painting my second frigat and that got me thinking, how many ships is enough?
Currently I own two frigats, two gunhaulers and one Ironclad and im thinking about getting a second Ironclad.

How big are your fleets? Just one frigat? One of everything? Or armadas so large, even a duardin from Barak-Zilfin would say: "thats a bit much, dont you think?"

Edited by Gecktron

46 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

, how many ships is enough?

Never enough ;)

My fleet is just one frigate and a gunhauler currently. Although I love the models, I hate painting big models. So extra frigates and gunhaulers will only be added if playing with them motivates me. And currently one frigate is sadly plenty in my lists. 

That said the Ironclad is a special conversion project of which I almost have everything collected.  

On 12/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Gecktron said:

Im currently painting my second frigat and that got me thinking, how many ships is enough?
Currently I own two frigats, two gunhaulers and one Ironclad and im thinking about getting a second Ironclad.

How big are your fleets? Just one frigat? One of everything? Or armadas so large, even a duardin from Barak-Zilfin would say: "thats a bit much, dont you think?"

In competitive play, I think that with just one frigate or maybe an Iroclad, you have enough.
For narrative, I'm focusing on 3 Gunhaulers, 3 frigates and 1 ironclad to play a Grand Armada. 

Btw, a new battletome can just change everything...

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

In competitive play, I think that with just one frigate or maybe an Iroclad, you have enough.
For narrative, I'm focusing on 3 Gunhaulers, 3 frigates and 1 ironclad to play a Grand Armada. 

Btw, a new battletome can just change everything...

Oh nooo, I wasnt talking about games. I just meant in general. The whole collection!

• LOVE IT! 1

On 12/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Gecktron said:

One iroclad, one frigate, two gunhaulers at the moment, but I'd like to expand it to 10-12 ships in total, in order to have a more impressive fleet to behold. Another reason for wanting a larger fleet is that I'd like it to be theoretically capable of transporting all of my Kharadrons.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:35 AM, Gecktron said:

Never leave home without two ironclads (unless you actively want to win regularly, but that’s against the code). Frigates are for beardlings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Wild speculation.

Calling it now - the new book will NOT limit Arkhanaught Companies to only equipping one of each special weapon (to match the box).  It will remain the same as it's been so far 

It looks like our book will be without new models, terrain or "spells" but I hope I'm wrong.

21 hours ago, mikethefish said:

No evidence of that.

When rumors about KO 2.0 battletome pops up it was said that no new model will be in there. Plus I'm very angry how GW uses our faction and I'm very... VERY pessimistic about our future (as well as other 5 admirals in my local club).

Edited by cofaxest

15 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

When rumors about KO 2.0 battletome pops up it was said that no new model will be in there. Plus I'm very angry how GW uses our faction and I'm very... VERY pessimistic about our future (as well as other 5 admirals in my local club).

Meant as genuine advice. Take a step back. If this game, which is expensive as hobbies go, makes you angry and pessimistic... just take a step back or quit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Meant as genuine advice. Take a step back. If this game, which is expensive as hobbies go, makes you angry and pessimistic... just take a step back or quit. 

I already have more then 7500 pts of KO, so it's a bit too late for me to step back or quit) 

• Haha 1

New models/terrain/endless somethings would be great but thats not really the point of catching up the rules. I'd be happy with just a new book that allowed KO to keep pace with the top dogs. Revised allegiance abilities, Sky Ports, and warscrolls. Terrain and endless whatever's would be icing on the cake. And the model range is too new for GW to make new models already when factions like Seraphon still have the most hideous and weird looking lizards.

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

Oh ******, you in deep 😂

care to share a picture of your armada? That should be impressive. 

I'll try to do a good photo of most of my army when I'll be on a big event in my local club where we planing to have 48000 pts megabattle. (22-23 feb)

Edited by cofaxest
  • Thanks 1