AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 10/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, Kramer said:

I don’t really want another ship. 
but a grundstock boarding unit would be fun. 
give it skypikes and grappling launchers.  Maybe a charge bonus if they disembarked that turn. 

I would actually like a "named" ship with rules sort of like a reverse Morathi. The hero model starts as a ship (probably Frigate) then as it is destroyed you can have the "hero" pop out of it. 2 different profiles and rule sets. Maybe the Hero Frigate is a Monster Slayer type ship while the single foot model focuses on high survivability and buffing infantry. 

But this would require either an entirely new sculpt which GW could only do if they made it into a Multi kit for a generic option of this new ship. Maybe some bigger than a Gunhauler and smaller than a Frigate, focused on speed and Hero hunting. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

I would actually like a "named" ship with rules sort of like a reverse Morathi. The hero model starts as a ship (probably Frigate) then as it is destroyed you can have the "hero" pop out of it. 2 different profiles and rule sets. Maybe the Hero Frigate is a Monster Slayer type ship while the single foot model focuses on high survivability and buffing infantry. 

But this would require either an entirely new sculpt which GW could only do if they made it into a Multi kit for a generic option of this new ship. Maybe some bigger than a Gunhauler and smaller than a Frigate, focused on speed and Hero hunting. 

That’s a fun idea as well! 

@Badlander86
This is correct how you’re playing spell in a bottle/warp lighting vortex. Can be used from garrison, measure from ship etc.

I don’t use battlescribe so not sure on how to add it to a list. I know with warscroll builder you have to change the grand alliance drop down menu to chaos, and the allegiance to Skaventide for it to show as an option that can be chosen. Might be similar?

2 hours ago, GrimDork said:

@Badlander86
This is correct how you’re playing spell in a bottle/warp lighting vortex. Can be used from garrison, measure from ship etc.

I don’t use battlescribe so not sure on how to add it to a list. I know with warscroll builder you have to change the grand alliance drop down menu to chaos, and the allegiance to Skaventide for it to show as an option that can be chosen. Might be similar?

Thanks for the confirmation. Wow, thats really a good first turn play. I expect an Errata soon if enough people grumble. Any other Endless Spells worth looking at? 

1 hour ago, Badlander86 said:

Thanks for the confirmation. Wow, thats really a good first turn play. I expect an Errata soon if enough people grumble. Any other Endless Spells worth looking at? 

There have been two erratas while people played this. So i don’t think it will change. 

On 10/17/2020 at 11:46 PM, Badlander86 said:

- I can't seem to add "Warp Lightning Vortex" as a Endless Spell in the Battlescribe app which made me wonder if this was legal in the first place.

You have to add another Skaven force to the list and add it there. The devs have said that doing that will make your list invalid, but is better than re-coding the entire endless spells section to accommodate cross list pollination, just for the sake of a KO artefact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

I’ve heard the stormcast’s everblaze comet is a pretty good choice.

I’m also tempted to give the burning head a try for reroll 1’s to hit  buff.

17 minutes ago, plavski said:

You have to add another Skaven force to the list and add it there. The devs have said that doing that will make your list invalid, but is better than re-coding the entire endless spells section to accommodate cross list pollination, just for the sake of a KO artefact.

It works in the warscroll builder. Battlescribe isn't good at AoS.

4 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It works in the warscroll builder. Battlescribe isn't good at AoS.

Yeah, it doesn't like Meeting Engagements - I've had a bug opened on github for it for ages - but the warscroll builder isn't perfect either! Heaven help you if you're trying to make a Barak Thryng list!

58 minutes ago, plavski said:

Yeah, it doesn't like Meeting Engagements - I've had a bug opened on github for it for ages - but the warscroll builder isn't perfect either! Heaven help you if you're trying to make a Barak Thryng list!

Yeah, Barak Thryng is a bit weird. Somehow that doesn't work right, but Tempest's Eye and Living City works. I think the Cities book also has a different description of the mechanism than Kharadron for some reason.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:19 AM, JackStreicher said:

I am looking for a higher flight stand for my Ironclad (finally arrived after 4 months). I know there‘s the Magnet Baron  shop, yet I do not like the straight flight stands. 
Is there any 40K model or third party shop that has almost the same flight stand as the Ironclad but bigger?

I’ve not bought an Ironclad yet, but was thinking of using a 40k flight stand for extra height 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flying-Stem-and-Base

13 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I’ve not bought an Ironclad yet, but was thinking of using a 40k flight stand for extra height 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flying-Stem-and-Base

Not impossible. I toyed with the idea a little but having no access to a workshop and specific tools, I passed on the idea of fabricating a clear cross-shaped adaptor. Its possible but if you take a look at the bottom side of the Ironclad model, aside form the original stand connection point (the round component before the rotors), you don't really have a lot of space to work with

Guys i have a question, when i attack with my ironclad in shooting phase, before rolls i have to declare target unit for each roll?  If i declare 2 weapons to target the same unit, and after first weapon rolls i kill it, can i change target or i miss all shots? Thx a lot guys, im new to KO!:)

8 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question, when i attack with my ironclad in shooting phase, before rolls i have to declare target unit for each roll?  If i declare 2 weapons to target the same unit, and after first weapon rolls i kill it, can i change target or i miss all shots? Thx a lot guys, im new to KO!:)

Yep, you need to declare all attacks and so you can't swap latter after destroying your main target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Thx a lot, another question. If got 3 heroes on my ironclad, i got cover and -1 to hit for garriaon. Can my heroes benefit from look out sir rule? I mean if i got inside ironclad like 6 riggers i think the Answer is yes. But if i got only 3 characters? Thx again guys!:)

You wouldn’t get look out sir for 3 heroes as rule says enemy unit of 3 or more models not 3 single model units.

You would the benefit of look out sir if garrisoned with 3+ Arkanauts or thunderers.

I’m not 100% positive on the riggers as they cannot be garrisoned, tho I think they would give look out sir to a hero inside a ship. Can’t think of anything that would prevent it rules wise tho I haven’t checked the FAQ’s

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Thx a lot, another question. If got 3 heroes on my ironclad, i got cover and -1 to hit for garriaon. Can my heroes benefit from look out sir rule? I mean if i got inside ironclad like 6 riggers i think the Answer is yes. But if i got only 3 characters? Thx again guys!:)

Nop. Your heroes will recieve Look Out Sir if there is any unit within 3" with more than 3 models. Heroes count as 1 unit of 1 model.
Some balloon boys could help, but remember that arkanauts or thunderes in the ironclad are in range for any heroe in the same Ironclad!!

6 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Ok.thx guys! So i cant put riggers garrisoned?

Riggers (both endrinriggers & skywardens) can hitch onto a skyvessel. See the hitchers rule on their warscrolls.

They cannot be garrisoned inside a skyvessel though, as they do not have the MARINE keyword.

worst momment for gw to do a meta breakdown, with very little tournaments and very small ones due to covid. That stat list is biased as hell, in fact they should forget about a december point adjustment and ghb 2021 as there wont be enough data to collect. They should focus on making aos 3.0 meanwhile.