AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 minute ago, Entombet said:

I doubt it will be used in matched play

I definitely think it will be played in friendly matched play games, but I doubt It'll see any use in tournaments and the like.

2 hours ago, GDD said:

I definitely think it will be played in friendly matched play games, but I doubt It'll see any use in tournaments and the like.

I'm trying to do something with the Hero Builder but everything become really expensive and It seems that there isn't any option to put Marine or Skyfarer keyword.

I think that you can only build some type of utility or blender heroes and they become expensive for what they do.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm trying to do something with the Hero Builder but everything become really expensive and It seems that there isn't any option to put Marine or Skyfarer keyword.

I think that you can only build some type of utility or blender heroes and they become expensive for what they do.

Do you know where can I find the leaked rules for character creation? I'd like to try my hand! 🙂 

6 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

Do you know where can I find the leaked rules for character creation? I'd like to try my hand! 🙂 

I don't know, sorry.

I asked directly to someone that already has the book but I read that they are leaked in 4chan.

15 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Where are they confirmed?

I have the book

11 hours ago, Unter said:

That’s good. Is it still reroll all hits wounds and saves? They haven’t screwed us by going for rr 1s or something?

No, simply rerolls, like now.  From now we have to think alternative solutions to avoid shock test. Navigator diviner trait + formations, or simply bought command points 

39 minutes ago, C.A.O.S said:

I have the book

No, simply rerolls, like now.  From now we have to think alternative solutions to avoid shock test. Navigator diviner trait + formations, or simply bought command points 

Amazing, thanks! Good to know. Sorry to pump you for information again but is Inspiring Presence CA still the same? And still 1 CP? Cheers for the info

12 minutes ago, Ashman said:

Is Intrepid Prospectors going away in the new GHB???  Anyone know anything yet?? 

I hope they don't take it away...  It's critical to my Thrang list...

Say it isn't so please...

It would be in the PDF that'll be released later, of which I haven't seen anything reliable.

I'd say 50/50 chances. It has points, which box batallions do not often have (Hammerheft's Prospectors for instance), but it's also a box batallion, which often isn't included.

6 hours ago, C.A.O.S said:

I have the book

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

It would be in the PDF that'll be released later, of which I haven't seen anything reliable.

I'd say 50/50 chances. It has points, which box batallions do not often have (Hammerheft's Prospectors for instance), but it's also a box batallion, which often isn't included.

So....  CAOS...  What do you see?  I assume there is nothing in the book regarding Intrepid Prospectors?

Being able to run a battalion which doesn't force me into the big ships is huge for Thrang.  It's gonna be a real bummer if they drop this.  I really see more advantages in keeping it rather than nixing it from GW's perspective.  It's not like it provides anything nuts either - actually very restricted in that unit size can only be minimums.  Definitely not a meta changing overpower bonkers sort of thing...

Just a thought

When battles take place in Chamon there is command ability for +1 to hit on charge, since Skywardens have lower starting to hit value they benefit from it more then endrinriggers. Also Barak Zon skywardens charging with support of hero in Chamon can have 2+/2+ attacks. Of course this also means that enemy can use realm spell to increase saves, and riggers are better at punching through armor, so they can mitigate somewhat warden charge. Still maybe interesting gimmick for some of you.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Beliman said:

So no hero with a ship mount? That should be the only reason this tool exists lol

On 7/11/2020 at 3:56 AM, Malakithe said:

Any news/rumors on if those leaked points are real or fake?

All will be revealed in the FAQ to the newly released GHB. 

Based on previous years this usually drops a fortnight after GHB, which came out on Saturday. Could be any time from now until end of July really

Hello everyone!

I’m building my first list of KO with some room of the FAQ. This is also my first time magnetizing anything other than the base. While building my Endrinriggers it seems that the sprue only has one gun that can build one of the three special weapons and that magnetizing different parts is impractical.

My question is, does this mean I need to buy another kit just to get another load out? I’ve checked bit selling stores and found nothing. I would like to expand past 2k points and be able to switch things up.

Thanks.

So the new scenarios with favoring battleline and heros a lot look like a little nerf to KO... Our Heros are so slow without embarked on boats and within boats they don't count for objective taking... 

Battline could be ok if you play bubble boys battleline or a skyport which gives you battleline which you already play in your list otherwise KO is more or less short on fast moving battlelines. 

Last but not least I thought the biggest push for us is the lose of realm artefacts especially the ethernal amulet but now after I've seen the chamon artefact "ignoring rend 1" it just feels like every monster will take that instead of ethernal amulet and than we are in the same position with our Rend 1 shooting hehe

Triumph reduction we already discussed as a small nerf. 

Still KO is very strong Armee in my opinion and I already have trouble to play them within my gaming group because most games are over in turn 2 or 3 and so far they didnt find the right strategy vs KO. I'll have to admit we don't have tzeentch, seraphon or Legion of chaos currently in our group. So vs the top meta we have to see how we will do. :)

What do you think about the changes in GHB2020 so far and the effect on our beloved Dwarfs? 

3 hours ago, Zplash said:

So the new scenarios with favoring battleline and heros a lot look like a little nerf to KO... Our Heros are so slow without embarked on boats and within boats they don't count for objective taking... 

Battline could be ok if you play bubble boys battleline or a skyport which gives you battleline which you already play in your list otherwise KO is more or less short on fast moving battlelines. 

Last but not least I thought the biggest push for us is the lose of realm artefacts especially the ethernal amulet but now after I've seen the chamon artefact "ignoring rend 1" it just feels like every monster will take that instead of ethernal amulet and than we are in the same position with our Rend 1 shooting hehe

Triumph reduction we already discussed as a small nerf. 

Still KO is very strong Armee in my opinion and I already have trouble to play them within my gaming group because most games are over in turn 2 or 3 and so far they didnt find the right strategy vs KO. I'll have to admit we don't have tzeentch, seraphon or Legion of chaos currently in our group. So vs the top meta we have to see how we will do. :)

What do you think about the changes in GHB2020 so far and the effect on our beloved Dwarfs? 

Scenarios where only battleline or leader can take objective sure could be annoying.  However I would like to point out that right now wording on ship garrisoning is that units inside don`t count for gaining control of objective. This is very specific wording, and this is important in scenarios like Total Conquest, where you score additional points for model with needed keword, or role being within 6" of controlled objective. Leader just needs to be close, even if he wouldn`t count for number of models on objective due to being in ship.

Generally those changes certainly can work in favour of skyriggers being taken as conditional battleline like you wrote. This also futher increases value of Urbaz and Zilfin with their conditional ship battleline, with Zilfin frigate with hero on board being able to score additional points in all situations were this is applicable.

Reagrding monsters and Chamon armor, you are generally right but still this means that -2 rend works - which is melee of endrinriggers and admiral, and in shooting phase cannons firing single shots will on average be better against 4+ and better armor than shrapnel. Also Khemist, skyhooks and grapnel launchers have -2 rend, and of course drill cannons. Though some enemies have access to reduce rend by one in all situations not only against rend -1,  Ironsunz from Orruks being one so there is possibility they will take that one.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:47 AM, Malakithe said:

So no hero with a ship mount? That should be the only reason this tool exists lol

You also can't make heroes on a horse that can actually keep up with horse units.. The two factions I am interested in are left in the lurch.

Though you can easily use a monster profile for a ship.

Talking about objectives and points, imo, we have some Auxiliary Objectives that seems to be hard to be denied:

-The Bait should be really eazy to achieve. I'm really thinking in just using Iron Sky Squadron and charge a low-dmg enemy unit defending an enemies objective.

-Seize Ground seems to be good too. You need to have a boat+crew+hero/baloon boyz and High Fly near a terrain in turn 4.

-Vengeful Counter seems good too. We have a lot of units that can't take a beating and we are good a taking out key units.

What do you think? Can we reliably score this objectives?

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Talking about objectives and points, imo, we have some Auxiliary Objectives that seems to be hard to be denied:

-The Bait should be really eazy to achieve. I'm really thinking in just using Iron Sky Squadron and charge a low-dmg enemy unit defending an enemies objective.

-Seize Ground seems to be good too. You need to have a boat+crew+hero/baloon boyz and High Fly near a terrain in turn 4.

-Vengeful Counter seems good too. We have a lot of units that can't take a beating and we are good a taking out key units.

What do you think? Can we reliably score this objectives?

I have to disagree with esp. 2 of those:

-Bait requires destruction of your own unit (at latest in 3rd round) and we don`t really have many bodies as is

-Vengful Counter needs to happen in the same turn, it could be possible but i fear that would require too much decisions focused on this instead on winning major. Also same problem as Bait it requires destruction of our unit we shouldn`t strategize around that IMO.

I would go as far, as to say that I would never use those two.

Third one you mentioned ie. Seize Ground is quite good though, but still you would need to pick goal carefuly or it could force you into wrong position in battle (and it triggers at end of 4 round where it could simply be too late as battle would end earlier on time), good thing here is you just need one unit close and it doesn`t matter if enemy is also close. So maybe, but at tournament or game with time limit I think it wouldn`t be good due too time it triggers.

Ultimately we have too remember that all of those are for deciding draws, and if you focus too much on them you will have it harder in achieving major victory.

I honestly wish that there were no minor victory and secondaries were additional points to score, not just tiebreakers.

What works for us then in my opinion? Well:

-Assassinate and Headhunter are quite good. In first you need to kill hero chosen by your enemy - so this is best when all enemy heroes are important too them so it doesn`t matter much which they choose. Second requires killing all enemy heroes. We have firepower and mobility to do that reliably in many cases, question remains if doing so is best strategy in given encounter.

-Domination requiring destruction of 3 enemy units in one turn, can be chosen vs MSU, also Prey on the Weak which requires destruction of all enemy battlelines before end of battle can be good

-Cornered can be easy too achieve with our mobility

-Prized Possession could be interesting in some situations as we are not that reliant on heroes, and f.x enemy going after Khemist who already used Bottle instead of disrupting our main plan could be beneficial

24 minutes ago, Boar said:

I have to disagree with esp. 2 of those:

-Bait requires destruction of your own unit (at latest in 3rd round) and we don`t really have many bodies as is

-Vengful Counter needs to happen in the same turn, it could be possible but i fear that would require too much decisions focused on this instead on winning major. Also same problem as Bait it requires destruction of our unit we shouldn`t strategize around that IMO.

I would go as far, as to say that I would never use those two.

Third one you mentioned ie. Seize Ground is quite good though, but still you would need to pick goal carefuly or it could force you into wrong position in battle (and it triggers at end of 4 round where it could simply be too late as battle would end earlier on time), good thing here is you just need one unit close and it doesn`t matter if enemy is also close. So maybe, but at tournament or game with time limit I think it wouldn`t be good due too time it triggers.

Ultimately we have too remember that all of those are for deciding draws, and if you focus too much on them you will have it harder in achieving major victory.

I honestly wish that there were no minor victory and secondaries were additional points to score, not just tiebreakers.

What works for us then in my opinion? Well:

-Assassinate and Headhunter are quite good. In first you need to kill hero chosen by your enemy - so this is best when all enemy heroes are important too them so it doesn`t matter much which they choose. Second requires killing all enemy heroes. We have firepower and mobility to do that reliably in many cases, question remains if doing so is best strategy in given encounter.

-Domination requiring destruction of 3 enemy units in one turn, can be chosen vs MSU, also Prey on the Weak which requires destruction of all enemy battlelines before end of battle can be good

-Cornered can be easy too achieve with our mobility

-Prized Possession could be interesting in some situations as we are not that reliant on heroes, and f.x enemy going after Khemist who already used Bottle instead of disrupting our main plan could be beneficial

Thanks for the answer!!
I was talking about tornaments, that's why I picked only 3 (they give points instead of deciding draws). I wanted to chose the most "good around corners" ones but they can be picked before every game. I think it's better to tailor a bit our Auxiliary Objectives like you said.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Thanks for the answer!!
I was talking about tornaments, that's why I picked only 3 (they give points instead of deciding draws). I wanted to chose the most "good around corners" ones but they can be picked before every game. I think it's better to tailor a bit our Auxiliary Objectives like you said.

Ah, tournaments - then it also depends on Organizers what rules they have. I see that in GHB they wrote  example rules and you cannot take same auxiliary more than once in tournament, that would require more tought. So f.ex. in some battle you could see after set up that you don`t want to "use up" your better auxiliaries and use f.ex. Bait as that sacrifice wouldn`t be too detrimental in this matchup.