Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 5/30/2019 at 7:37 AM, Grudgebearer said:

That's a good point, I could switch out the runefather and the big hearthguard unit for a runefather on droth, making the list looking like this:

Hermdar

Runefather on droth 

-ash horn ancient 

Battlesmith

10 HGB with broadaxes 

10 Vulkites with Handaxes and shields

10 Vulkites with Handaxes and shields

 

That would give me a pretty tanky droth with a 3+ save rerolling 1s and making the rest of the army more tanky as well. However, I will have less damage Output. 

I'd love to hear Your thoughts on this list and I am open to any kind of suggestions to further improve that tournament list, to make a good showing for our Faction. 

I've also considered using a runesmiter and some invocations, however I don't know whether that would provide enough damage output.

Thanks for any advice and help guys :)!

 

Personally I´d run

 

Allegiance: Fyreslayers

Leaders
Auric Runefather (100)
- General
Auric Runesmiter (120)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (120)  OR Battlesmith because you seem to like them :) (will bring it to exactly 1000 points)
- Runic Iron

Battleline
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (240)
- Broadaxes
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
- Handaxes & Slingshields

Units
10 x Auric Hearthguard (240) OR 2nd unit of 10 Hearthguard Berzerkers


Total: 980 / 1000

It offers tactical flexibility, some screen (Vulkites), some shooting, good amount of melee power. I think it´s a well rounded force.
 

Edited by Hannibal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with the advent of mercenaries, I may have finally be pushed into getting some Fyeslayers, as they can benefit more than just my order.

Since my other armies are all Death right now, some ranged seems good. So my initial thought was: 

10 Auric Heartguard and 1 Runesmiter. 

This would let me deepstrike the Aurics where I needed them and even give me access to the Invocations! Does this seen like a solid Ally inclusion, especially into something like Legions of Nagash or Flesh eater courts? Would love to blast those gorgeous Keepers of Secrets before they blender my poor Terrorgheists...

Sadly, the Smiter only comes in the Magmadroth kit, so my model options are:

Conver a Smiter from the Chosen Axes or something

or

Buy the Start Collecting and maybe user the cannons from the Iron Drakes to make Aurics from the Vulkites? Would this even work? Could I position the Vulkites into gun wielding position properly?

Thanks for all the advice. One way or another, more Duardin shall be in my life! lol

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you Lords of the American Lodges have Auric Hearthguard or Magmapike bits? I've got some Battlesmiths and Grimwrath Bezerkers over here trying to recruit posse members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... I know he’s not a Fyreslayer per se, but is anyone else excited about Gotrek in Realmslayer, and the new model GW is releasing?? He’s getting a warscroll, but I don’t know anything else. 

09B8363A-F46A-478F-A5F2-62081E5EBBD0.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

So, with the advent of mercenaries, I may have finally be pushed into getting some Fyeslayers, as they can benefit more than just my order.

Since my other armies are all Death right now, some ranged seems good. So my initial thought was: 

10 Auric Heartguard and 1 Runesmiter. 

This would let me deepstrike the Aurics where I needed them and even give me access to the Invocations! Does this seen like a solid Ally inclusion, especially into something like Legions of Nagash or Flesh eater courts? Would love to blast those gorgeous Keepers of Secrets before they blender my poor Terrorgheists...

Sadly, the Smiter only comes in the Magmadroth kit, so my model options are:

Conver a Smiter from the Chosen Axes or something

or

Buy the Start Collecting and maybe user the cannons from the Iron Drakes to make Aurics from the Vulkites? Would this even work? Could I position the Vulkites into gun wielding position properly?

Thanks for all the advice. One way or another, more Duardin shall be in my life! lol

You can't use the invocations unless it's a fyreslayers army unfortunately.

Smiter is pretty easy to find on eBay by himself. Otherwise I'd convert. Doomseeker is a good conversion or proxy option as he has similar looking weapons (and keys on his beard).

Smiter and 10 aurics does seem to be the best way to ally them. Super easy to use. I'm doing the same with my disspossessed.

Also, wouldnt recommend crossbreeding dispo with fyre, they are scaled differently.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Anyone notice both 6 nations lists taking Hermdar, 30 HGB and LotL Batallion?

LotL seems a staple, easy fo fill, no real tax.

Don't forget that this is a team tournament and that you have a certain control on the matchups. Fielding a Deathstar army is less risky if you can control where it lands.

In a soloqueue tournament this would be considered risky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kozokus said:

LotL seems a staple, easy fo fill, no real tax.

Don't forget that this is a team tournament and that you have a certain control on the matchups. Fielding a Deathstar army is less risky if you can control where it lands.

In a soloqueue tournament this would be considered risky.

Good point ;)

@Grudgebearer https://thehonestwargamer.com/?s=%23aos6nations2019&x=0&y=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AnUncommonCulture said:

So... I know he’s not a Fyreslayer per se, but is anyone else excited about Gotrek in Realmslayer, and the new model GW is releasing?? He’s getting a warscroll, but I don’t know anything else. 

He makes me upset Fyreslayers weren't sculpted with trousers and boots.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

He makes me upset Fyreslayers weren't sculpted with trousers and boots.

Fyreslayers did wear pants!

And then they promptly lit on fire. 🔥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried a list with all 3 waracoll battalions (totals 1980 I think)?

If so any good? And what artifacts and lodge would you go for?

Edited by AliKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AliKing said:

Has anyone tried a list with all 3 waracoll battalions (totals 1980 I think)?

If so any good? And what artifacts and lodge would you go for?

While that sounds cool thematically, spending that many points in battalions doesn't seem worth it. Especially since Lords of the Lodge really likes a big unit.

 

Though I suppose if you want 6 artifacts in a Greyfyrd army...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!

Looking to get into Fyreslayers, what should I build when I get the Get Started box? Build a Runefather on Magma? Any advice on getting started is much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 5:32 PM, Verminlord said:

You can't use the invocations unless it's a fyreslayers army unfortunately.

Smiter is pretty easy to find on eBay by himself. Otherwise I'd convert. Doomseeker is a good conversion or proxy option as he has similar looking weapons (and keys on his beard).

Smiter and 10 aurics does seem to be the best way to ally them. Super easy to use. I'm doing the same with my disspossessed.

Also, wouldnt recommend crossbreeding dispo with fyre, they are scaled differently.

Is there something specific in the book stating that the Invocations MUST be in Fyreslayers allegiance? Because if you ally in a Stormcast mage, you can cast their spells. And the Nighthaunt and Flesh Eater Courts Endless Spells SPECIFICALLY mention Nagash casting them, despite Nagash being in neither of the two factions... I figured as long as I have a Fyreslayers Priest, I was good to go... 

Anyways, yeah, the Auric/Smiter combo seems super good overall, and for a rangeless army/alliance, it should be able to work wonders. I have some Keeper of Secrets to roast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

Is there something specific in the book stating that the Invocations MUST be in Fyreslayers allegiance? Because if you ally in a Stormcast mage, you can cast their spells. And the Nighthaunt and Flesh Eater Courts Endless Spells SPECIFICALLY mention Nagash casting them, despite Nagash being in neither of the two factions... I figured as long as I have a Fyreslayers Priest, I was good to go... 

Anyways, yeah, the Auric/Smiter combo seems super good overall, and for a rangeless army/alliance, it should be able to work wonders. I have some Keeper of Secrets to roast...

First line of the Invocation rules p.59 Fyreslayer Battletome.
"FYRESLAYERS PRIESTS in a
Fyreslayers army can summon
magmic invocations, each of which
is represented on the battlefield by
a model. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

First line of the Invocation rules p.59 Fyreslayer Battletome.
"FYRESLAYERS PRIESTS in a
Fyreslayers army can summon
magmic invocations, each of which
is represented on the battlefield by
a model. "

Sadness. Well, thank you for the page and such. Pity, I was looking forward to 3 Walls (FEC, Fyreslayers, Primatic Pallisade) and making a castle...

I guess I can do that with FEC Mercs inside a Fyreslayers list... Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

I just logged in to check because I'm planning on collecting a few Fyreslayers models, and don't see it on the last chance list...are you sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beastlord Rakarth said:

I just logged in to check because I'm planning on collecting a few Fyreslayers models, and don't see it on the last chance list...are you sure?

Yeah, it has the icon on its webpage. If your browsingits on the bottom left side where the webstore only icon normally is. If your on the actual battlesmith page its the bottom right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forrix said:

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

new sculpt incoming! maybe a vs box with hearthguard vs Ironjawz or tzeentch? Something without an updated tome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Forrix said:

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

i think its an error based on how the webstore processes stock levels. stock is probably low and there wont be any more made for quite some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Forrix said:

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

i think its an error based on how the webstore processes stock levels. stock is probably low and there wont be any more made for quite some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battlesmith is now listed as web-store only. Looks like it was an error of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda like weird out there lists and was thinking that the fact that the berserkers don't count towards the max heroes has an opportunity he. So has anyone tried running something like the following yet?

Runemaster
Runesmiter
x8 Grimwrath berserkers

x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Hearth guard beserkers
x5 Hearth guard beserkers
x10 Vulkite beserkers

Runic Fryewall
Forge Bretheren

would likely go for the gryfrd lodge for lots of artefact for trick and the command ability, although Vorstrag would be tempting for pure speed. Will need to look at what artefacts when I have them to hand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...