AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Mikelomba said:

Hello guys, i light start a fslayer army, and i was thinking, why id run 2 x 20 hearthguard, dont run also 2 battlesmith?

For me it's because i am lacking points and need more bodies on the field.  I would also rather have a second runesmiter for tunelling or something that can handle objectives better. 

Edited by Azhrar

On 1/28/2020 at 11:12 AM, redbirdhouse said:

So what's the consensus on Auric Hearthguard? They're one of the last units with a 4+ to hit. Are they worthwhile in lists?

As elite bodyguard they should have a 3+ to hit for sure. Not sure why they werent changed. As it stands they are only in units of 5 to absorb wounds. I feel their points need to come down to 90 and be given a 3+ for hit in order for people to consider them for other roles outside of a few niche lists here and there. 

And Droths...their points still need to come down. All of their warscrolls are still terrible and being a monster is too restrictive for them to cost that much. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

As elite bodyguard they should have a 3+ to hit for sure. Not sure why they werent changed. As it stands they are only in units of 5 to absorb wounds. I feel their points need to come down to 90 and be given a 3+ for hit in order for people to consider them for other roles outside of a few niche lists here and there. 

And Droths...their points still need to come down. All of their warscrolls are still terrible and being a monster is too restrictive for them to cost that much. 

You can either put them down to 90 OR make them 3+ to hit. Both would be nuts. Also in a Lofnir army units of 20 can delete every Monster in 1 round combined with the CA and a Runesmiter to tunnel in range. 

Against BCR they are very good, just split the shots and hope that you slow all the Stonehorns. 

2 hours ago, Phasteon said:

You can either put them down to 90 OR make them 3+ to hit. Both would be nuts. Also in a Lofnir army units of 20 can delete every Monster in 1 round combined with the CA and a Runesmiter to tunnel in range. 

Against BCR they are very good, just split the shots and hope that you slow all the Stonehorns. 

They really shine against monsters sure but how often do you run into opponents who have more then one or any in regular play? Unless you find those rare BCR players. But for other then monster use they are still meh at best

• LOVE IT! 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:27 AM, Malakithe said:

Interesting. What makes Droths so bad, if you don't mind me asking? I thought they were quite popular!

14 minutes ago, redbirdhouse said:

Interesting. What makes Droths so bad, if you don't mind me asking? I thought they were quite popular!

They arent worth their points. For being monsters with degrading profiles they have terrible combat stats. They only serve as extra wounds for the heroes.

• LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, redbirdhouse said:

Magmadroths are good. Its just the same thing as always on the internet. Other choice is % better statistically so you pick that. I‘ve won almost every game with my Fyreslayers and I always field Runefather and Runesmiter on Magmadroth. I just love the models and with Vostarg CA (+1 to hit) the Runefather is a beast in combat. 

So as always, don‘t take what the internet says too serious, its mostly hyperbole.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:33 PM, Phasteon said:

So as always, don‘t take what the internet says too serious, its mostly hyperbole.

Totally agree.

Droths have the great utility to be FAST, that you cannot count on % average damage they do. On last ETC the winning team (England) had a player with a Fyreslayer army with 2 droths (father+smiter). He won 5/5 plays. So, they're really good if you learn how to play them with your specific army (e.g. you use Ember Storm? that can be active on only one unit per turn, and droths doesn't need it...). If you don't, skip it and go for more bodies, they're more obvious and easy to play...

48 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Opinions on the Flame-spitter?

It can be nice if you are rolling hot (hehe, get it?), but statistically its not really worth 60 points if you can take something else instead. 

If I had exactly 100pts left I would go for the Wall and the Flamespitter but atm its 140 so I‘m going for Wall, Infernoth, CP. 

Just a general question: 

Which Lodge is your favorite and why? 

Background, Color Scheme, Rules anything really. 

I prefered Vostarg from the beginning as I like their „proud inheritance“ „fulfill every oath“ thing as well as Bael–Grimnir very much. Ruleswise I enjoy being very fast (run and charge, +1 to charge rolls, auto 6“ run first turn), and the Command Ability feels also very strong against armies with –to hit modifiers. Have never played a different Lodge, although Hermdar* has the strongest close combat rules I‘ve ever seen. Even better than Petrifex Elite, which is funny because the Hermdar CA counters shield wall SO hard. 

But yeah, my vote goes to Vostarg. 

*I like the „we kill tyrants for free“ thing though very, very much.

Hi,

Guys i need help! In next sunday im going to play with my two frends 2k battles.

Im trying to make list for Chaos StD

Im going to use proxes.

My first idea was something like this

- Auric Runefather on Mag

- Battlesmith

- Auric Runemaster

20x3 Hearthguard Berzerkers

Battalions Lords of the Lodge

Spells
- Fyrewall and Zharrgron

33 minutes ago, Czarnyjas said:

Hi,

Guys i need help! In next sunday im going to play with my two frends 2k battles.

Im trying to make list for Chaos StD

Im going to use proxes.

My first idea was something like this

- Auric Runefather on Mag

- Battlesmith

- Auric Runemaster

20x3 Hearthguard Berzerkers

Battalions Lords of the Lodge

Spells
- Fyrewall and Zharrgron

Just 1 thing to consider: 

- How do you keep your Heroes alive long enough so your HGB dont lose their 4+? 

You cant really split your forces so you will struggle holding more than 2 objectives at a time. 

4 hours ago, Phasteon said:

Just 1 thing to consider: 

- How do you keep your Heroes alive long enough so your HGB dont lose their 4+? 

You cant really split your forces so you will struggle holding more than 2 objectives at a time

So can You adivice me something? 

32 minutes ago, Czarnyjas said:

So can You adivice me something? 

Maybe drop the 3rd unit of HGB and take a unit of Vulkites instead. 

This way you have 260 points left and could take 10 Auric Hearthguard that can protect your foot heroes. 

Or you could drop the invocations and take a Grimwrath to join a unit of HGB. 

Or maybe you can go for 1 unit of 15 HGB and a Runesmiter to tunnel them. This way they drop where you need them and can surround the Smiter so he cant get charged. 

Just be aware that HGB drop like flies once your Heroes are dead, so you want to have 2+ Heroes accompanying every HGB unit ideally. (Thats why most people just play 1 unit of 20) 

• Thanks 1

New list idea. Unfortunately there is only so many variations we can come up with until points shift or new units are added. The unit of 10 HB will pop out with the Runesmiter. Other then that everything else is fairly standard. Wound sponges, objective holders, Fyrewall. 

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
- Lodge: Hermdar

Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)
- General
- Trait: Warrior Indominate
- Artefact: Tyrant Slayer
- Magmadroth Trait: Ash-horn Ancient
Auric Runemaster (120)
- Prayer: Prayer of Ash
Battlesmith (140)
- Artefact: The Nulsidian Icon
Auric Runesmiter (120)