Jump to content

AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, PJetski said:

 

7 hours ago, Azamar said:

To recap- Think of the combat phase as three mini phases- 

start of phase

normal phase

end of phase

if an ability says it happens at the start of the phase, it happens in the first mini phase, then normal combat starts. If both players have start of phase abilities, then the player whose turn it is uses all their start abilities, then their opponent does.

 

My understanding of it is (based on the contorted epitome’s horrible fascination ability vs the Hermdar command ability)

On your turn you activate your start of phase abilities first- meaning you spend your command point and your berserkers fight. Then the Slaanesh player activates their start of phase abilities like horrible fascination. They’re welcome to roll for the berserkers, but as they’ve already fought it won’t make any difference- it can’t cancel out with the berserkers attacks as they’ve already happened. 

In the Slaanesh player’s turn they activate horrible fascination first. If it’s successful, but in your start of phase you spend a command point on the Hermdar ability, the two cancel out and the berserkers fight during the normal phase as usual. 

Lords of the lodge I’d be less sure about, but I assume in the first example (your turn) the berserkers second pile in would have to happen at the end of the phase- again the two abilities don’t cancel out as the Hermdar ability has already been resolved. In the second example (Slaanesh turn) I assume the abilities do cancel and both pile ins would happen in the normal phase, but there’s an argument for the second pile in waiting until the end of the phase. 

Does that sound right to everyone? I don’t know what the 2+ ability is, but if it’s a start of combat phase ability as well it would follow the same rules. 

I thank you both! Helped alot, let's hope i win one for the slayers tomorrow 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have literally never seen prochuvi post anything that wasnt extremely negative, so can't say his opinion surprises me. 

Magmadroth finished!!! For Grimnir!  

WIP of my Magmadroth! I'm currently done with the 'skin'. Now  I just need to do the head and all the horns/claws (they will get a bone-colour) and Ur-Gold runes. I'm going for more classic lizzard/dr

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Xoledas said:

Hi, not a Fyreslayer player, but was wandering if the WD of july changed anything for listbuilding?

https://spikeybits.com/2019/06/5-new-fyreslayers-matched-play-rules-spotted.html

With the GHB rule saying anything not in there with points doesn't count it is kinda fuzzy. That said, the nastiest list I've ever written uses that Vorstag Warrior Kinband and it is absurd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure WD rules are matched play legal.

For example they used WD in 40k to expand Crimson Fists and also have the latest rules for Ynnari.

 

I think the reason why the fyreslayer one seems odd is because the previous WD AoS rules were wonky SCE stormhost rules that basically reuse the original Starter Kit forces with not very good battalions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, friends!

I am new to Fyreslayers and pretty new to AoS as well. Can you guys give me some advice on the direction of this 1,000 list I made? I would really appreciate it!

 

Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth

Auric Runeson on Magmadroth

Vulkite Berserkers x10

Hearthguard Berserkers x5

Battlesmith

Molten Infernoth

970 points

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kimmykikko said:

Hello, friends!

I am new to Fyreslayers and pretty new to AoS as well. Can you guys give me some advice on the direction of this 1,000 list I made? I would really appreciate it!

 

Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth

Auric Runeson on Magmadroth

Vulkite Berserkers x10

Hearthguard Berserkers x5

Battlesmith

Molten Infernoth

970 points

I am also new to AOS and Fyreslayers but from what I see and played you need to hold objectives to win, to hold objectives you need more models then you have at the moment but that are just my two cents.

I will drop the Magmadroths and run foot heroes’ and have more Hearthguard berserkers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, kimmykikko said:

Hello, friends!

I am new to Fyreslayers and pretty new to AoS as well. Can you guys give me some advice on the direction of this 1,000 list I made? I would really appreciate it!

 

Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth

Auric Runeson on Magmadroth

Vulkite Berserkers x10

Hearthguard Berserkers x5

Battlesmith

Molten Infernoth

970 points

I think the list looks great in terms of cool models and playable stuff.  For slightly more “competitive” I’d drop one magmadroth and get a foot hero or two (Runemaster if you drop the Smiter on droth, and a foot runeson to boost with the MagmaSon, or maybe Father if you drop the magmason).  A unit of 5 Auric HG will protect your Battlesmith and other foot hero.  Overall, HG Bezerkers are the best unit so can’t go wrong with more of them.

If you want most competitive at 1k (for whatever it’s worth) then I tend to agree with above response and get all foot but will need a Smiter on foot to teleport a unit onto an objective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 7:13 AM, Turragor said:

Hey guys, 

@daviseford's project AoS Reminders now includes Fyreslayers!

If you haven't used AoS Reminders before, it's an automated cheat-sheet for your army! Give it a whirl!

I added the faction in so if you have any comments about them  (mistakes, QoL changes) I can gather those and fix them.

The site now supports spells (prayers included) and endless spells! I have added Fyreslayers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DrDemento said:

I think the list looks great in terms of cool models and playable stuff.  For slightly more “competitive” I’d drop one magmadroth and get a foot hero or two (Runemaster if you drop the Smiter on droth, and a foot runeson to boost with the MagmaSon, or maybe Father if you drop the magmason).  A unit of 5 Auric HG will protect your Battlesmith and other foot hero.  Overall, HG Bezerkers are the best unit so can’t go wrong with more of them.

If you want most competitive at 1k (for whatever it’s worth) then I tend to agree with above response and get all foot but will need a Smiter on foot to teleport a unit onto an objective.

Thank you for the advice! I am hoping to grow this into a nice hefty 2k Lofnir force which is why I really want the two Magmadroths. Any more advice knowing that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been toying with the notion of getting into Fyreslayers, as I want an Order army of some sort, and I like the firey colors and Duardin theme (I have Legion of Azgorh among my Chaos armies).   

Rumor has it that Fyreslayers are pretty strong.  What type of playstyle(s) do they offer?   I remember them having a super hard to deal with 4+ 'beard' save last year at a Vanguard event.  Do they still have that?  I also think the Magmadroth model is super cool.  Do I need 4 of them like I have Bloodthirsters?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing some research and experimenting. Not 100% set on Lodge/traits/items and all that.


- Lodge: Vostarg
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)
- General
- Trait: Fiery Endurance
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Magmadroth Trait: Coal-heart Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Ancestral War-axe
- Artefact: Vosaxe
- Magmadroth Trait: Ash-horn Ancient
Auric Runemaster (120)
- Prayer: Prayer of Ash
Battlesmith (140)
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (600)
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
5 x Auric Hearthguard (120)
Lords of the Lodge (140)
Runic Fyrewall (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 149
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Doing some research and experimenting. Not 100% set on Lodge/traits/items and all that.

Hello,

Theorycrafting/rockinchair-general advice :

-A lone runeson is unlikely to do much, you won't have enough CP to fuel his command ability.

-Same for 5 Auric Heartguard, they are unlikely to do any significant dammage, go 10-15 or go home.

-Consider the Runesmiter on Magmadroth, he has been GREAT for me, the +1 armor once per game aura is your out-of-jail ticket against double turn and he is reliably fast.

 

A sucessful list similar to yours was Vostarg

Magmadad

Magmasmiter

Smiter

Runemaster

BannerGuy

10+10 Vulkite + 30 Berzerkers

Lord of the lodge : 2000 total 5 drops

I like Vostarg. You don't loose on objectives that easy. I don't like this list, i miss randged attacks.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Hello,

Theorycrafting/rockinchair-general advice :

-A lone runeson is unlikely to do much, you won't have enough CP to fuel his command ability.

-Same for 5 Auric Heartguard, they are unlikely to do any significant dammage, go 10-15 or go home.

-Consider the Runesmiter on Magmadroth, he has been GREAT for me, the +1 armor once per game aura is your out-of-jail ticket against double turn and he is reliably fast.

 

A sucessful list similar to yours was Vostarg

Magmadad

Magmasmiter

Smiter

Runemaster

BannerGuy

10+10 Vulkite + 30 Berzerkers

Lord of the lodge : 2000 total 5 drops

I like Vostarg. You don't loose on objectives that easy. I don't like this list, i miss randged attacks.

 

 

 

I see where your coming from. My initial thought was I wanted more Mags but didnt have the points. The MagSon's purpose is to run escort with the MagDad to provide the rr1's to both Mags saves via the Ash-Horn trait and he is a good candidate for the mandatory weapon item. 

The unit of Aurics were added in to give the foot heroes 10 more wounds, not so much their damage output. If they deal some damage or slow down a monster thats a bonus. They will mostly be absorbing hits for the Runemaster since he is the only 'caster'. 

Those were my initial thoughts anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another list. This would just be fun to see on the table as I like Magmadroths.


- Lodge: Lofnir
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)
- General
- Trait: Explosize Charge 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Magmadroth Trait: Coal-heart Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Artefact: Igneous Battle-throne 
- Magmadroth Trait: Ash-horn Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Magmadroth Trait: Lava-tongue Adult
Auric Runemaster (120)
Battlesmith (140)
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (600)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
Lords of the Lodge (140)


Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 133
 

  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Another list. This would just be fun to see on the table as I like Magmadroths.


- Lodge: Lofnir
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)
- General
- Trait: Explosize Charge 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Magmadroth Trait: Coal-heart Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Artefact: Igneous Battle-throne 
- Magmadroth Trait: Ash-horn Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Magmadroth Trait: Lava-tongue Adult
Auric Runemaster (120)
Battlesmith (140)
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (600)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
Lords of the Lodge (140)


Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 133
 

Yeah I think the best way to go is two runeson or none as the rerolls make a huge difference. That’s quite a good list actually I like it. Main worry is the struggle with bodies on objectives it could be worth going 15,10,10 or 20,10,5 even though you’d lose mileage from having 5 less models and not being in the battalion 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Another list. This would just be fun to see on the table as I like Magmadroths.


- Lodge: Lofnir
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)
- General
- Trait: Explosize Charge 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Magmadroth Trait: Coal-heart Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Artefact: Igneous Battle-throne 
- Magmadroth Trait: Ash-horn Ancient
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Magmadroth Trait: Lava-tongue Adult
Auric Runemaster (120)
Battlesmith (140)
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (600)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)
Lords of the Lodge (140)


Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 133
 

I think this list has some serious juice, although I agree with Jabber that I'd spread the hearthguard out a bit. 15, 10, 10 is how I'd break it- one squad to stick with the Runefather, one to hold an objective behind the sons, and one with your bigger block (which is also your LoL block obviously). 

My other suggestion would maybe to join Jabber and I in embracing the Shardfist Pelt, putting that on the Runefather makes him a pretty solid hordebreaker, especially if you add Prayer of Ash and either Coalheart or Ash-Horn to the Battlesmith's aura.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to have this ripped apart. Please and thank you.

Aurics are there over 25 Hearthguard because, frankly, I want to bleed what little model diversity there is out of the Fyreslayers. If they're liable to be rubbish though, I don't mind shifting numbers about.

XwEaL5q.png

 

 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...