AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, Banshee1978 said:

I really like slayers.  But do you think GW will release 1 or 2 different kind of units for this army in the near future (max 2 years?)? I am looking for army nr. 7 and for a 1000 pts list the number of different miniatures is ok but going for the full 2000....and buying 10 packs of hearthguard..i dunno

I'd imagine whenever their new book is.

Which is probably 2-3 years out? Outside of some extra VS box.

Maybe try to find creative ways to convert/kitbash?

I think we are a LONG ways off of new sculpts for this army, barring maybe another hero if we score a box set, and that doesn't seem terribly likely. That said, I'd have killed for a riderless magmadroth scroll. All you'd have to do is not affix the guy on top, if they still wear the saddle you wouldn't even need a new kit. I'd easily pay 180 points (cost of magdad with dads 100 points taken off) for just the magmadroth, especially with the option to run them in 3's. 

Question! Do you all think it is worth the cost of running a Runeson on Mag instead of  Runefather on Mag in return for getting 10 HGB instead of 10 Vulkite Bezerkers? The real gas is the Shardfist Pelt anyhow, but that latchkey axe is a real bruiser and I can't decide. 

Screenshot_20190714-022748_Drive.jpg

Edited by TheNotebookGM
Wrong list!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grudgebearer said:

What is the combo with the shardfist pelt and how does it work?

In the combat phase successful save rolls of a 6+ reflect mortal wounds back on the attacker. Forge Brethren, Ashorn Ancient, Runic Fyrewall, and a Battlesmith get that to a 3+ rerolling 1's (and me to a 2+ rerolling 1's). 

My magdad soloed Drycha and a Treelord Ancient the other day, and the 10 HGB are so much more independent than 10 Vulkites are it seems like it might be worth the loss in output from the Latchkey Grandaxe.

Thanks for the reply but I still don't see how you could get to a 2+ reroll 1s.

Starting from a 6+, Smith gives +1, Forge Brethren give +1, fyrewall and ash Horn trait let me reroll 1s, so I am now on a 4+ rerolling 1s. Could get to a 3+ with the runesmiter on droth once per game ability.

Am I forgetting something :(?

12 minutes ago, Grudgebearer said:

Thanks for the reply but I still don't see how you could get to a 2+ reroll 1s.

Starting from a 6+, Smith gives +1, Forge Brethren give +1, fyrewall and ash Horn trait let me reroll 1s, so I am now on a 4+ rerolling 1s. Could get to a 3+ with the runesmiter on droth once per game ability.

Am I forgetting something :(?

Typo on my part! Prayer of Ash, not Ashhorn Ancient! And I meant I'm saving on a 2+, reflecting on a 3+.

22 hours ago, Banshee1978 said:

I really like slayers.  But do you think GW will release 1 or 2 different kind of units for this army in the near future (max 2 years?)? I am looking for army nr. 7 and for a 1000 pts list the number of different miniatures is ok but going for the full 2000....and buying 10 packs of hearthguard..i dunno

I solved this by mixing some KO models- my Auric Hearthguards are mixed units of Arkanauts, Thunderers, and Skywardens. The Karl if my HGB unit is a endrin-less Skywarden dual-wielding the flair part of the poleaxes. My handaxes vulkites are blended 50/50 with dual-wielding Arkanauts. Throw a bunch of mohawks on them, the odd helmetless head, etc. 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, TheNotebookGM said:

I solved this by mixing some KO models- my Auric Hearthguards are mixed units of Arkanauts, Thunderers, and Skywardens. The Karl if my HGB unit is a endrin-less Skywarden dual-wielding the flair part of the poleaxes. My handaxes vulkites are blended 50/50 with dual-wielding Arkanauts. Throw a bunch of mohawks on them, the odd helmetless head, etc. 

interesting. have pics?

2 hours ago, Qrow said:

What kind of lists are people running in meeting engagements? I find them hard to plan for in general, but with fyreslayers it seems really difficult to make a good list.

I won a Meeting Engagements Tournament this Weekend with my Fyreslayers.

And yeah Movement is key.

I played the following games:

Game 1, Mission 1, One Objective in the Middle vs. Stormcast

I ran with my Spearhead on the Objective and was early in the lead and never lost the lead, because he was really slow.

In the fight the Berserkers tankt like Champions.

Game 2, Mission 3, 3 Objectives over the middle vs Gloomspite

Was a tie but tought I would lose wildly. He played a Squig List and was really fast.

My Magmadroth killing his Mangler Squig Boss and my 5 Berserkers killing 17 Grots in one turn was key for me to tie here.

Game 3, Mission 4, 4 objectives, you can burn the opponents one vs Flesh Eater

Simply had luck and a Opponent playing Flesh Eater for the first time

My Flamespiter took 7 wounds of from the Terrorgheist. He charged my Vulkites who died but took the Terrorgheist with him.

The Endrins blocked his Ghouls the entire game.

My list was:

Allegiance: Fyreslayers

- Lodge: Greyfyrd

SPEARHEAD

Battlesmith (140)

- Artefact : Icon of the Ancestors

5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (120)

- Broadaxes

MAIN BODY

Auric Runesmiter (120)

- Forge Key

- Artefact : Ash-cloud Rune

- Prayer : Prayer of Ash

10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)

- Pairs of Handaxes

3 x Endrinriggers (120)

REARGUARD

Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (280)

- General

- Command Trait : Battle-scarred Veteran

- Artefact : Helm of Obsidia

- Magmadroth Trait : Ash-horn Ancient

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Zharrgron Flame-spitter (60)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 60

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Holy mother of turtles @Scythian- crunchiest list ever. Might suggest going Ember Storm on one of those priests, give yourself the run and charge, real boon combined with the movement rune. 

I do, I just forgot I already had it on the runemaster, lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, snaga said:

Played a 4 way 1000 a side last night Fyreslayers & Slaanesh vs Khorne and Tzeentch. Went well got 11 point to 2

Hermdar lodge

Runefather

Battelesmith

Runemaster:Prayer of Ash

Runesmitter: Searing Heat

10 x Vulkite Pick axe and Shiel

10 x Berzerkers Poleaxe

5 x Berzerkers Broadaxe.

One fun thing that happened was on the UR-Gold Runes I rolled 2 x 6 in a row, Zeal and Fury (His Lord of Change did not like that, 8 mortal with Poleaxe)

He did one of his spell to cast on 12 and changed the mortals to 6 with his dice and just did 6 mortal to my Runefather to kill him (that is bull, HAHAHA)

But was a lot of fun. Killed his daemon (after he charged my Battlesmit and did not kill it) and Lord of Change of the Tzeentch only the Cureling Eye of Tzeentch hiding away was left on the table.  

Question: How does the Hermdar Command Ability work? 

- Can you use it more than once and fight more then once before the combat phase?....and after that, the combat phase begins, do I get to fight with the unit again in addition to the fight before the phase? 

Can I use it in the enemy combat phase? 

Got my first game tomorrow, would love your help so I do it right in the game! 🤣

25 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Question: How does the Hermdar Command Ability work? 

- Can you use it more than once and fight more then once before the combat phase?....and after that, the combat phase begins, do I get to fight with the unit again in addition to the fight before the phase? 

Can I use it in the enemy combat phase? 

Got my first game tomorrow, would love your help so I do it right in the game! 🤣

Yes, but not on the same unit (unless it has some ability to fight more than once)

Yes, it says "at the start of the combat phase" not "at the start of your combat phase".

7 hours ago, PJetski said:

Yes, but not on the same unit (unless it has some ability to fight more than once)

Yes, it says "at the start of the combat phase" not "at the start of your combat phase".

Thanks! 

After you've fought with the unit using the command ability, can it fight again in the combat phase? Or is that command ability just letting you fight before eveeyone else and not an extra time? 

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Thanks! 

After you've fought with the unit using the command ability, can it fight again in the combat phase? Or is that command ability just letting you fight before eveeyone else and not an extra time? 

Thanks 

If it’s your turn, you may fight twice per the FAQ, but only with lords of the lodge battalion. If it’s your opponents phase, you can strike first, then he goes, then you can strike again if it’s your lords of the lodge battalion.