AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

17 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

So, with the advent of mercenaries, I may have finally be pushed into getting some Fyeslayers, as they can benefit more than just my order.

Since my other armies are all Death right now, some ranged seems good. So my initial thought was: 

10 Auric Heartguard and 1 Runesmiter. 

This would let me deepstrike the Aurics where I needed them and even give me access to the Invocations! Does this seen like a solid Ally inclusion, especially into something like Legions of Nagash or Flesh eater courts? Would love to blast those gorgeous Keepers of Secrets before they blender my poor Terrorgheists...

Sadly, the Smiter only comes in the Magmadroth kit, so my model options are:

Conver a Smiter from the Chosen Axes or something

or

Buy the Start Collecting and maybe user the cannons from the Iron Drakes to make Aurics from the Vulkites? Would this even work? Could I position the Vulkites into gun wielding position properly?

Thanks for all the advice. One way or another, more Duardin shall be in my life! lol

You can't use the invocations unless it's a fyreslayers army unfortunately.

Smiter is pretty easy to find on eBay by himself. Otherwise I'd convert. Doomseeker is a good conversion or proxy option as he has similar looking weapons (and keys on his beard).

Smiter and 10 aurics does seem to be the best way to ally them. Super easy to use. I'm doing the same with my disspossessed.

Also, wouldnt recommend crossbreeding dispo with fyre, they are scaled differently.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Anyone notice both 6 nations lists taking Hermdar, 30 HGB and LotL Batallion?

LotL seems a staple, easy fo fill, no real tax.

Don't forget that this is a team tournament and that you have a certain control on the matchups. Fielding a Deathstar army is less risky if you can control where it lands.

In a soloqueue tournament this would be considered risky.

8 hours ago, kozokus said:

LotL seems a staple, easy fo fill, no real tax.

Don't forget that this is a team tournament and that you have a certain control on the matchups. Fielding a Deathstar army is less risky if you can control where it lands.

In a soloqueue tournament this would be considered risky.

Good point ;)

@Grudgebearer https://thehonestwargamer.com/?s=%23aos6nations2019&x=0&y=0

16 hours ago, AnUncommonCulture said:

So... I know he’s not a Fyreslayer per se, but is anyone else excited about Gotrek in Realmslayer, and the new model GW is releasing?? He’s getting a warscroll, but I don’t know anything else. 

He makes me upset Fyreslayers weren't sculpted with trousers and boots.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AliKing said:

Has anyone tried a list with all 3 waracoll battalions (totals 1980 I think)?

If so any good? And what artifacts and lodge would you go for?

While that sounds cool thematically, spending that many points in battalions doesn't seem worth it. Especially since Lords of the Lodge really likes a big unit.

Though I suppose if you want 6 artifacts in a Greyfyrd army...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:32 PM, Verminlord said:

You can't use the invocations unless it's a fyreslayers army unfortunately.

Smiter is pretty easy to find on eBay by himself. Otherwise I'd convert. Doomseeker is a good conversion or proxy option as he has similar looking weapons (and keys on his beard).

Smiter and 10 aurics does seem to be the best way to ally them. Super easy to use. I'm doing the same with my disspossessed.

Also, wouldnt recommend crossbreeding dispo with fyre, they are scaled differently.

Is there something specific in the book stating that the Invocations MUST be in Fyreslayers allegiance? Because if you ally in a Stormcast mage, you can cast their spells. And the Nighthaunt and Flesh Eater Courts Endless Spells SPECIFICALLY mention Nagash casting them, despite Nagash being in neither of the two factions... I figured as long as I have a Fyreslayers Priest, I was good to go... 

Anyways, yeah, the Auric/Smiter combo seems super good overall, and for a rangeless army/alliance, it should be able to work wonders. I have some Keeper of Secrets to roast...

54 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

Is there something specific in the book stating that the Invocations MUST be in Fyreslayers allegiance? Because if you ally in a Stormcast mage, you can cast their spells. And the Nighthaunt and Flesh Eater Courts Endless Spells SPECIFICALLY mention Nagash casting them, despite Nagash being in neither of the two factions... I figured as long as I have a Fyreslayers Priest, I was good to go... 

Anyways, yeah, the Auric/Smiter combo seems super good overall, and for a rangeless army/alliance, it should be able to work wonders. I have some Keeper of Secrets to roast...

First line of the Invocation rules p.59 Fyreslayer Battletome.
"FYRESLAYERS PRIESTS in a
Fyreslayers army can summon
magmic invocations, each of which
is represented on the battlefield by
a model. "

37 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

First line of the Invocation rules p.59 Fyreslayer Battletome.
"FYRESLAYERS PRIESTS in a
Fyreslayers army can summon
magmic invocations, each of which
is represented on the battlefield by
a model. "

Sadness. Well, thank you for the page and such. Pity, I was looking forward to 3 Walls (FEC, Fyreslayers, Primatic Pallisade) and making a castle...

I guess I can do that with FEC Mercs inside a Fyreslayers list... Hmm...

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Soo... The Battlesmith just went Last Chance to Buy. Has there been an instance of them listing a model that's switching to web-store only or being repackage as Last Chance? It seems completely insane that they would eliminate a key model for a faction only 2 months (ish) after it got a new Battletome. Maybe a new sculpt?

I just logged in to check because I'm planning on collecting a few Fyreslayers models, and don't see it on the last chance list...are you sure?

2 minutes ago, Beastlord Rakarth said:

I just logged in to check because I'm planning on collecting a few Fyreslayers models, and don't see it on the last chance list...are you sure?

Yeah, it has the icon on its webpage. If your browsingits on the bottom left side where the webstore only icon normally is. If your on the actual battlesmith page its the bottom right.

3 hours ago, Forrix said:

new sculpt incoming! maybe a vs box with hearthguard vs Ironjawz or tzeentch? Something without an updated tome.

8 hours ago, Forrix said:

i think its an error based on how the webstore processes stock levels. stock is probably low and there wont be any more made for quite some time

8 hours ago, Forrix said:

i think its an error based on how the webstore processes stock levels. stock is probably low and there wont be any more made for quite some time

I kinda like weird out there lists and was thinking that the fact that the berserkers don't count towards the max heroes has an opportunity he. So has anyone tried running something like the following yet?

Runemaster
Runesmiter
x8 Grimwrath berserkers

x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Hearth guard beserkers
x10 Vulkite beserkers

Runic Fryewall
Forge Bretheren

would likely go for the gryfrd lodge for lots of artefact for trick and the command ability, although Vorstrag would be tempting for pure speed. Will need to look at what artefacts when I have them to hand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AliKing said:

I kinda like weird out there lists and was thinking that the fact that the berserkers don't count towards the max heroes has an opportunity he. So has anyone tried running something like the following yet?

Runemaster
Runesmiter
x8 Grimwrath berserkers

x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x5 Auric hearth guard 
x10 Vulkite beserkers

Runic Fryewall
Forge Bretheren

would likely go for the gryfrd lodge for lots of artefact for trick and the command ability, although Vorstrag would be tempting for pure speed. Will need to look at what artefacts when I have them to hand. 

I've been doodling something like this, I think without changing your list too much I'd drop Forge Brethren for a Battlesmith since he does a bubble that'll cover your squads of Grimwraths. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I'm not new to the hobby and I played fyreslayers awhile back. Now with the new book, how do they fair out there? Is the army strong? 

Second, i would love some tip of a 1k list. What have you tried with great success on this level? I would love to hear what you more experienced players like so I have somewhere to start from and expand the army! 

Thanks! 😄