AoS 2 - Free Peoples Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 7/30/2018 at 12:08 PM, Lightbox said:

Ooh that sounds interesting. I might have to add a unit of pistoliers into my warlords army this month. Either that or some greatswords.

How do people feel about freeguild archers? They seem kinda expensive at 100 points ? unfortunately look like they get outclassed by handguns and crossbows.

The last 2 editions, archers were purely better on the mobility front. Even before the pre game move, they could move full and still be effective. 

I bought 20 for the ability to zone, which works great against deep strikers and sylvaneth. They paid for themselves. Over time, they have also become my go to filler Order battleline. They are cheap enough, decent objective holders, and good map control. They also punish your opponent for giving you first turn.

Their rerolling 1s or 2s to hit should also not be underestimated, especially against rend resistant or high save armies. I have watched them destroy Nighthaunt, Zombies, and Clan Rats equally well.

I will have to give the new crossbows a go, but I assume they play like my Quarrellers. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Matador,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately i just don`t get it. In my club my mates all know how the great companies work and i can`t stop them from making my great companies useless with their charges. The point is: How do you prevent the enemy from charging in a way that all my great company units have an enemy unit within  3" and therefore no longer can lend support. My Great Companies can`t support each other because my mates always manage to charge these ways. Especially with these flying Nighthaunt units.

Do you prevent this by your formations or by having units in the flanks?

23 hours ago, Matador said:

...and pivot the two  xbows  in concentric horseshoe formations...

Is this more in the kind of A or B in the following image? Or do i understand it utterly wrong? o.O

image.png.942619c0c97a4a551790f07ea09587c0.png

23 hours ago, Matador said:

...and occaosionally gofor a tight triangle...

Is this triangle meant like this?

image.png.4902120b7f1a8b50a90eba563d52bf7f.png

I can`t help myself but i think that I`m doing something entirely wrong with the positioning of my free peoples. I`ll definitly will try out some formations on the table but at the moment I`ve no clue were to start.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Stulle

15 hours ago, Cerlin said:

The last 2 editions, archers were purely better on the mobility front. Even before the pre game move, they could move full and still be effective. 

I bought 20 for the ability to zone, which works great against deep strikers and sylvaneth. They paid for themselves. Over time, they have also become my go to filler Order battleline. They are cheap enough, decent objective holders, and good map control. They also punish your opponent for giving you first turn.

Their rerolling 1s or 2s to hit should also not be underestimated, especially against rend resistant or high save armies. I have watched them destroy Nighthaunt, Zombies, and Clan Rats equally well.

I will have to give the new crossbows a go, but I assume they play like my Quarrellers. 

Hmm I may have to try some then! Cheers for the reply, nice to see the uncommon units get some recommendations :D

17 hours ago, Stulle said:

Hi Matador,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately i just don`t get it. In my club my mates all know how the great companies work and i can`t stop them from making my great companies useless with their charges. The point is: How do you prevent the enemy from charging in a way that all my great company units have an enemy unit within  3" and therefore no longer can lend support. My Great Companies can`t support each other because my mates always manage to charge these ways. Especially with these flying Nighthaunt units.

Do you prevent this by your formations or by having units in the flanks?

Is this more in the kind of A or B in the following image? Or do i understand it utterly wrong? o.O

image.png.942619c0c97a4a551790f07ea09587c0.png

Is this triangle meant like this?

image.png.4902120b7f1a8b50a90eba563d52bf7f.png

I can`t help myself but i think that I`m doing something entirely wrong with the positioning of my free peoples. I`ll definitly will try out some formations on the table but at the moment I`ve no clue were to start.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Your supporting units need to be within 6” of the unit they are supporting.  Even if they somehow manage to land within 3” of your ranged units if they have pipers they can shoot. 

I may be misunderstanding the question but it’s a tough charge to make, even with fly, if you have your CC units between you and the enemy - 3” away from CC units + 6” (distance from both units).

13 minutes ago, cxiv said:

What do you think is the cheesiest ironweld arsenal goodies we can fit in as allies? I need a shopping list

I personally think the Stormcast Ballista is better than all of the Ironweld artillery. It's only 100 points which is cheaper than the Ironweld stuff and is more survivable due to the combined profile and cover bonus. The range is better as well and it just gets really good when the enemy gets within 18".

Anything you can do to give them a bonus to hit is great. Only thing is, that likely cuts down from 4 ballistas in a 2k list, to 2 and an Ordinator. I'd imagine odds wise, you're better with 4 than 2 and a +1 to hit bonus.

Ironweld has steam tanks though, which are pretty funny. Stick an Ordinator with them, and they're even funnier.

EDIT:
Perhaps too expensive though. Can only get 1 without playing Mixed Order.

WTB Ironweld Battleline unit, paying well.

Edited by Unit1126PLL

Hi pals !

Since AoS 2.0, I have played few games with my free people and I was wandering on this forum for some insight and ideas for a competitive list (as far competitive the FP can be).

So, I just want to give you my feedback on my last game. I've been highly inspire by the list @Origin had post here a couple days ago. With the "wholly within" thing and the new rules for controlling the objectives in most scenarios (more models within 6"), I think the batallion is now something we can consider. This is the list I have played last evening:

Spoiler

Froufrou's nation:

Allegiance: Free people

Ally points: 120pts/400pts

Extra command points: 2 pts

Leaders:

- Freeguild general w/Warhorse w/Banner w/Sigmarite weapon w/Shield

• Command trait: Indomitable
  • Artefact: Lucky stone

-Freeguild general on gryphon w/Sigmarite greathammer w/Shield

• Artefact: Meteoric armour

- Battlemage

Battlelines:

- 20x Freeguild guards w/Sword  w/Shield

- 20x Freeguild guards w/Sword w/Shield

- 10x Freeguild guards w/Haldberds w/Shield

- 3x 10x Freeguild handgunners w/Long rifle

- 10x Freeguild greatswords

- 3x Demigryph knights w/Lances

Others units:

- 10x Freeguild outriders

-10x Freeguild pistoliers

Warscrolls battalion:

- Freeguild regiment

Endless spells:

- Malevolent maeslstrom

Total points: 1950pts/2000pts

My main strategy on this list, is to use 2 great compagnies. The first, which I use for my anvil, is  20 guards, 10 handgunners, 10 handgunners backup by the Freeguild general with indomitable. Second one, is 20 guards, 10 guards with halberds and 10 handgunners with 10 greatswords which I use for my hammer. My big hamme tho, is  my Freeguild on gryphon, my demigryph, pistoliers and outriders. They are capable of a good damage output and  they were always feared in my games.

My opponent was playing Tzeencht. The scenario was Borderline war, no battlerealms or artefacts of the realms. With the nerf bat Tzeencht got, he gets less models on the table as he has before the 2.0. Though, Tzaangors are still a great unit and can be really dangerous. So in the first battlerounds, I’ve managed to get my left flank completely destroyed (bad luck on my side, good luck on his... sometimes that’s all you need to **** up.). But, I have slow is unit of 20 Tzaangors on foot and meanwhile, I managed to get control on the right flank, where he was having 10 pink horrors, 3 flamers and one gaunt summoner (A.K.A. The Toaster). So after a couple of rounds, he have blasted his tzaangors on my great compagnie (20 guards, 2x handgunners) who had stay on my side objective and I managed to get his objectif with a reckless move and I won by 2 points because of that. 

Overall, It was a competitive game with casual list and I think that if my opponent had play a harsher list, I don’t think victory will had be mine. But in the end, I feel like the battalion was very stronger than my memories (back to the v1.0 before GHB 2017). Playing with great compagnies as their minimum is something really more manageable and easier to move. I feel like you get more ground control on the objectives than playing with big great compagnies, and still having some power for counterattack the ennemy ! And the "wholly within" feel more like a up than a nerf.  Anyways, I was thinking of playing the same list this evening but with two generals on warhorse and one excelsor priest (to get at least, 1 undbound) without the endless spell and the battlemage. My opponent will be a Sylvaneth player, so I think it will be a harder match up than Tzeencht.

If you want to, I can give you my feedback on the battalion after my next game.

But I was wondering, how do you play the battalion ? 

Edited by Cedricisme

I have always felt the battalion was very powerful and the most throw away unit for me was the 3rd unit of guard. Besides that, I can work with the unit selection.

I mostly do 2 great companies, one to be defensive, one to piviot a flank, and the cavalry and Griffon General are the reverse flank.

The main great company is 40 swords and boards and 2 units of handgunners. I normally go with 10 each to maximize long rifle snipers.

The second great company is 20 to 40 Guard with halberds, 10 or 20 greatswords, and 10 handgunners.

The last guard unit I use 10 militia to hole plug. I also try to bring one banner General and some magic.

I feel the regiment fixes the freeguilds biggest problem, which is mobility.  

I do not think I have lost a game with this in the last edition.

Now you get an extra command point, an extra item (which can be a realm item), and your general does not have to be the command ability you can use.  This change made the army more flexible.  

Also with Indominiable and Armor of Meteoric Iron, we are one of the few armies that can add plus to armor anymore. That is hard to beat.

18 hours ago, Cerlin said:

I have always felt the battalion was very powerful and the most throw away unit for me was the 3rd unit of guard. Besides that, I can work with the unit selection.

I mostly do 2 great companies, one to be defensive, one to piviot a flank, and the cavalry and Griffon General are the reverse flank.

The main great company is 40 swords and boards and 2 units of handgunners. I normally go with 10 each to maximize long rifle snipers.

The second great company is 20 to 40 Guard with halberds, 10 or 20 greatswords, and 10 handgunners.

The last guard unit I use 10 militia to hole plug. I also try to bring one banner General and some magic.

I feel the regiment fixes the freeguilds biggest problem, which is mobility.  

I do not think I have lost a game with this in the last edition.

Now you get an extra command point, an extra item (which can be a realm item), and your general does not have to be the command ability you can use.  This change made the army more flexible.  

Also with Indominiable and Armor of Meteoric Iron, we are one of the few armies that can add plus to armor anymore. That is hard to beat.

Do you think this will still be viable with the increase in points to the Batallion + having 0 magic defends when AoS 2 seems to support a lot of magic?

I’d be eager to try the list out but am wondering if you can still fit everything you said you did previously 

I think magic is not as strong as you think. What does magic do mostly? Mortal wounds and to hit debuffs are the most powerful. What does this regiment have? To hit bonus and loads of wounds. 

This is the list I made;

Allegiance: Free Peoples
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Stately War Banner
- Trait: Indomitable 
Freeguild General On Griffon (260)
- Shield & Lance
- Artefact: Armour of Meteoric Iron 
Excelsior Warpriest (80)

Battleline
3 x Demigryph Knights (140)
- Lance and Sword
10 x Freeguild Greatswords (140)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Militia Weapons
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Halberds and Shields
40 x Freeguild Guard (280)
- Swords and Shields
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)

Units
5 x Freeguild Outriders (130)
5 x Freeguild Pistoliers (130)

Battalions
Freeguild Regiment (210)

Total: 2010 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 165

-----------

I think the warpriest can be traded away for something else. At 2k I am not sure how great the list is in the new edition. I prefer it at 2500. 

The second item could be a Ethereal Cloak from Shyish, put it on your commander, and now he is a no rending 3 up save. 

My current favorite list would be: 

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Stately War Banner
- Trait: Indomitable 
Freeguild General On Griffon (260)
- Shield & Lance
- Artefact: Armour of Meteoric Iron 
Freeguild General (100)
- Great Weapon
Excelsior Warpriest (80)
- Allies
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Allies

Battleline
- Lance and Sword
20 x Freeguild Greatswords (280)
- Halberds and Shields
- Swords and Shields
20 x Freeguild Handgunners (200)
- Lance and Sword

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 220 / 400
Wounds: 177

------

The flexibility is inbuilt. You can change the heroes, drop a guard block, trade out one set of Demis.

So far it has treated me well. In my next 2500 point game I will try the regiment. I think its good, but with the unit limitations, it could be cheaper.

I dig the second list! I might try something similar :) 

but why the second general? 

Im new to AoS so forgive the noob questions. 

Why pick the Ghyran realm? Isn’t the point of realms to choose artifacts? I didn’t notice any in yor list. 

Thanks for the insight! Excited to build my army. 

Think I might build up to your second list eventually with some modifications perhaps to fit in a second general on Griffon!

17 hours ago, Talarian said:

I dig the second list! I might try something similar :) 

but why the second general? 

Im new to AoS so forgive the noob questions. 

Why pick the Ghyran realm? Isn’t the point of realms to choose artifacts? I didn’t notice any in yor list. 

Thanks for the insight! Excited to build my army. 

Think I might build up to your second list eventually with some modifications perhaps to fit in a second general on Griffon!

I think he use the second general for keeping the banner buff and command ability in range and ready to use. Now, with command points you can use the command abilities of all FP heroes so its worth it to get two Freeguild general. And he can do some -2 rend damage with his great weapon, that's a nice addition if you want to be more agressive on a flank.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we're here to learn so its normal :). If you want my tips with FP, use crossbowmen...lots of them. With the FAQs they are really better than they were in the previous GHB. My real competitive list consist of two great compagnies with 20 guard each and  2x 30 crossbowmen. I use an Amber battlemage for boosting the wounds rolls for one of my pack and combine with the command ability of your general, you get them rend on a 4+ to wound. So one pack can do an average of 33 wounds which 16 of them with a -1 to rend... at 20" of range this is really a nasty combo. Even without rend, they're more effective than handgunners because they can double their attacks if they're more than 20. Of course, below that, they're really less effective but still, 20" of range can always be useful. 

Another tips, use a Luminark of Hysh if you can fit it. You will have a lots of models on the table and no protection against mortal wounds.. so the Luminark can give you that protection and honestly, on 40 models a 6+ save can save you enough guys to keep them running. Plus, you have a wizard free with it and a bonus to unbound. 

11 minutes ago, Cedricisme said:

I think he use the second general for keeping the banner buff and command ability in range and ready to use. Now, with command points you can use the command abilities of all FP heroes so its worth it to get two Freeguild general. And he can do some -2 rend damage with his great weapon, that's a nice addition if you want to be more agressive on a flank.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we're here to learn so its normal :). If you want my tips with FP, use crossbowmen...lots of them. With the FAQs they are really better than they were in the previous GHB. My real competitive list consist of two great compagnies with 20 guard each and  2x 30 crossbowmen. I use an Amber battlemage for boosting the wounds rolls for one of my pack and combine with the command ability of your general, you get them rend on a 4+ to wound. So one pack can do an average of 33 wounds which 16 of them with a -1 to rend... at 20" of range this is really a nasty combo. Even without rend, they're more effective than handgunners because they can double their attacks if they're more than 20. Of course, below that, they're really less effective but still, 20" of range can always be useful. 

Another tips, use a Luminark of Hysh if you can fit it. You will have a lots of models on the table and no protection against mortal wounds.. so the Luminark can give you that protection and honestly, on 40 models a 6+ save can save you enough guys to keep them running. Plus, you have a wizard free with it and a bonus to unbound. 

Crossbowmen no longer get double attacks for have 20+ models. They get +1 to attack for 20+ models. 

Can a mage on the luminark be an amber battlemage as well? Or is he reatricted to the spells given to him? 

Im confused as to how magic works. Any caster can choose a specialization? Ie Amber and get that one spell, in addition to all the spells of the given realm being played on? 

Selectimg your realm or origin only impacts what artifacts you can choose from? 

What do people think of greatswords? I love the model and they seem to be decent on paper. I guess massed halberds is essentially the same, if not better when in ranks, as well as cheaper :/

Models stick to their own warscrolls.  They don't pull in rules from other warscrolls that are thematically similar.

The luminark has rules on its scroll, those are the options it has (plus the realm spells of wherever you are playing, not where you're from).

Battlemage has its own warscroll, and that model can pick its options as per that scroll  (plus the realm spells of wherever you are playing, not where you're from).

17 hours ago, Cedricisme said:

I use an Amber battlemage for boosting the wounds rolls for one of my pack and combine with the command ability of your general, you get them rend on a 4+ to wound.

The Amber Battlemage's Wildform only affects attacks made in the combat phase, so you can't use it to get Crossbows rending on 4's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys! 

Two more questions.

1. I’m building my army up for an escalation league and was seriously debating crossbowman vs rifles. 

Supposedly crossbowman are without a doubt better this edition. Now, is it only the case because they get two attacks at over 20 models? What if you only have a unit of 20, would it be better to run rifles? 

2. Greatswords are a fantastic model. Does anyone use them? Are they any good? Or has their role been replaced by guard with halberds?

Thanks again guys.

My list will eventually look like this at 1500. 

Collegiate Arcana:

x1 Luminark of Hysh

Free People:

x1 General 

x1 General On Griffon 

x20 Crossbows

x20 Crosbows

x40 Guard 

x3 Demis

im debating making a group of 30 crossbows and a group of 10 rifles. 

The 40 Guard could very well be militia, 40 extra shots, likely hitting on 2s ain’t half bad.  With the luminark nearby they should be relatively sturdy.

Do you think this list could work? Might not be the best but I got into AoS for the models/centrepieces. So I could probably make it more competitive b dropping the Demi’s and luminark, they’re staying for the rule of cool

On 8/9/2018 at 5:13 AM, someone2040 said:

The Amber Battlemage's Wildform only affects attacks made in the combat phase, so you can't use it to get Crossbows rending on 4's.

Oh damn ! I was thinking a little bit too big I guess :B.  Thanks for correcting me.

4 hours ago, Talarian said:

1. I’m building my army up for an escalation league and was seriously debating crossbowman vs rifles. 

Supposedly crossbowman are without a doubt better this edition. Now, is it only the case because they get two attacks at over 20 models? What if you only have a unit of 20, would it be better to run rifles? 

So... I thought that generally crossbowmen was better for offensive purpose and handgunners better for being defensive. But, I wasn't sure so I used Mathhammer and there's the results:

- 30x Crossbowmen with 60 shots with no modifiers on the to hits or to wounds (4+/4+), have an average of 7.5 wounds (that don't count the -1 rend on 6+ to wound) against 4+ save. But when they're under 20, they get only 2.37 wounds in average at 19 shots against 4+ save.

- 30x Handgunners with 30 shots when they move, so 4+/3+, have an average of 6.67 wounds against 4+ save. BUT, if they don't move, they'll hit on 3+ so the average go up to 8.89 wounds against 4+ save.

In conclusion, I think I was right to use crossbowmen offensively and handgunners defensively. Because, when you move your handgunners they're really less efficient than if they doesnt move in the turn. So they're at their best when they can shoot at a charging ennemy (Great compagnies FTW). Crossbowmen are still effective even if they moved and with their 20" range its a 25" range of potentiel shooting turn one (considering that most of the scenario gives you an average of 24"  and less between you and the other player). So they can be use offensively for shooting at the ennemy before they get reck and  killed. Perfect for flanking or take control of the mid table.

My advice ? Use both. One compagny with crossbowmen and the other with handgunners to keep warm and safe your precious objectives. 

4 hours ago, Talarian said:

2. Greatswords are a fantastic model. Does anyone use them? Are they any good? Or has their role been replaced by guard with halberds?

I play them and I love them, they look so good on the table ! But honestly... They never really did something.. Generally my opponent kill them before I can go on close combat.  But, when I use them in a pack of 10 suddenly they're not a big deal to my opponents and in my previous games they let them live.  So I use them defensively in a great compagnie with 30 handgunners and 20 guards with shields as an anvil. When they get to close combat, if you've your general within 14"... 2 attacks 3+/3+ -1 rend is something that speak for itself.... even with 10 models they can deal a bunch of damage, 6.22 wounds to be exact against 4+ save. So try it for yourself but I think it's not bad to play them. Probably better in 2000pts game though...

On 8/10/2018 at 4:37 AM, Talarian said:

Two more questions.

Thanks again guys.

My list will eventually look like this at 1500. 

Collegiate Arcana:

x1 Luminark of Hysh

Free People:

x1 General 

x1 General On Griffon 

x20 Crossbows

x20 Crosbows

x40 Guard 

x3 Demis

im debating making a group of 30 crossbows and a group of 10 rifles. 

The 40 Guard could very well be militia, 40 extra shots, likely hitting on 2s ain’t half bad.  With the luminark nearby they should be relatively sturdy.

Do you think this list could work? Might not be the best but I got into AoS for the models/centrepieces. So I could probably make it more competitive b dropping the Demi’s and luminark, they’re staying for the rule of cool

To answer with my experience:

1 - Both crossbows and handgunners have their place. I went with handgunners for the better rend, to wound, bonus to hit for not moving, and Sniper Rifles. Many small units of handgunners are like artillery, but they are better; in allegience, functionally 10 wounds, in great company, and able to be buffed to a 2/2/-1/2.  

I have only just bought 30 xbows, but basically they have become dwarf quarrellers, which is a good unit, which can throw up a lot of shots and now move and shoot. Best against nighthaunt.

2 - I love Greatswords. Look good, play well. You just need to learn to use them. Do not let them get charged. Instead use their drummers and great company to countercharge and pick to pile in first. They can make anything suffer, then the next round buff them with Hold the line. Remember that a Hold the Line! Unit can drummer and great company charge. I would start with 10, and if you like them get 20 eventually.

Edited by Cerlin

How do you get handgunners to do 2dmg each?! 

I like handgunners as they look cooler imo. But I feel X-bows are better suited for a mobile playstyle. Then again, I was thinking with 20+ and a Griffon +1 to hit they’d still be hitting and wounding on 3s at a -1rend and can still be mobile. 

I think I’ll get the grratswords as well, they just look too cool. Start with 10, like you said. 

Im still learning AoS rules, but what you’re saying is stay 3” away from my unit and counter charge in wth a company rules or drummer charge? They’ll still be susceptible to being hit first when my opponent activates though, no? Unless they charge in after my opponent attacked first. Can you please clarify :)

Hey guys,

I had a fun game with a buddy yesterday and wanna tell you how my freeguilds performed against Nagash himself. We both started wargaming 7 months ago, so there were some stupid faults and a lotta fun on both sides :)

I took the list @Matador suggested earlier in this thread with one adjustment. I took a second general instead of 10 xbows because i know my mate always tries to snipe my general.

Spoiler

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Stately War Banner
- Trait: Indomitable
- Artefact: Writ of Dominion
Freeguild General (100)  --> proxied by a Gunmaster
- Stately War Banner

Battleline
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Militia Weapons
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Militia Weapons
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Militia Weapons
30 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (300)  --> proxied by 30 Handgunners
20 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (200)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Freeguild Greatswords (140)
3 x Demigryph Knights (140)
- Lance and Sword

Units
5 x Freeguild Outriders (130)
5 x Freeguild Pistoliers (130)   --> proxied by 5 Chaos Knights ?

Battalions
Freeguild Regiment (210)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 162

He played Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead with his Battalion.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
- General
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Swords
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
15 x Grave Guard (240)
- Great Wight Blades

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Battalions
The First Cohort (160)

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)   --> proxied by 2 Nighthaut Endless Spells

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 98

We played the scenario "The Better Part Of Valor". I played 2 drops with the whole battalion at once + 2 second general so i finshed first and gave him the first turn. Here a picture after deployment. His Gravesides marked in red and the 6 objectives marked in yellow.

20180811_121521.jpg.f3c8788d6ad86db7dc069af41ce4ecf6.jpg

In the first round nothing big happened. He moved forward and tried some magic with the Spell Portals which happily only killed one Guard. I also moved forward and tried to block Nagash and his Morghast with my Guards so they couldn`t fly over the mountains. On the far left my cavalary went for the objective but wasn`t able to obtain it in the first round.
Here a Pic after the first Round:
20180811_125323.jpg.a570e218a0aac96b3925e9241f1a414c.jpg

For the second Round i was lucky and got the double turn. I was able to clear the Black Knights on the left and claim the objective. I didn`t wanted to move the units which blocked Nagash so i did nothing more on my turn. I was curious wether he will get Nagash through the center or if he will bring him back to the left to reclaim the objective. I would have been happy if he`d move Nagash in the corner of the battlefield :D. Unfortuenatly he only send the Morrghast down on his turn. Nagash moved up the center and killed the Guards. His Morghast killed my Pisotliers. He decided to burn his objective on the right because he knows what a Great Company with 50 xbows can do.  Afterwards he moved his Grave Guard into the middle.

In the third round he was lucky and got the double turn. (Pity for burning the objective on the end of round 2)
This Pic shows the table after his movement phase in round 3. My general in the middle was dust-handed by Nagash through the spell portal shortly before :(20180811_144613.jpg.56418444d0e53a2a4f1c393fd274270d.jpg

The Morghasts managed to kill one Demigryph and 3 Outriders. Luckily i still had the objective. Nagash didn`t do much, he just killed the last Greatswords and some Handgunner. His skeletons finally arrived at the enemy lines and i faced horrendous 130 attacks against my Guards which got debuffed twice (-2 hit, -2 bravery) beforehand by Nagash. They just killed them all.
On my 3th turn i made a big mistake bringing my remainig cavalary to the center to threaten his objective. I intended to burn the objective on the lower left but forget that my units hat to remain there until the end of the turn to do so ?
But my Crossbows went crazy on the skeletons, with Hold the Line and Writ of Dominion it took only 30 xBows to inflict 33 wounds and kill all of them!
I burned the upper left and middle objectives at the end of the 3th round. If not for my stuiped fault with the lower left objective i would have won here. So there was still a chance for him if he could break my Great Company and save his last objective until the end.

He started the 4th round and did some magic. The game ende was he faileing a charge on my cavalary with his Morghast. Double 1 :D
We ended the game here because I would have taken his last objective at the end of my 4th turn.
Here`s a pic of the end
20180811_162753.jpg.67dce68a8f4073bd18f1a8a7a01ea265.jpg

It was a really funny game. I played the regiment for the first time. The cavalary is really strong with the +1hit buff by the regiment. Bringing them down to steal his objective was the game winner for me i guess. For the Great Company i can`t say much, they stayed in the corner most of the game. I will definitly deploy them in the center next time. On the other hand they made the opponent to burn his objective too early. I like the fact that Great Companies strike fear into the hearts of the opponents :)

I hope you guys enjoyed the reading. Some comments or tips for future games are much appreciated.

Edited by Stulle
fixed some typos :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2