AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, DanielFM said:

If I read once again about Gavriel as if he was a part of every SCE list I will throw up.

Not only he force you into Hamners (which I don't like at all), but he also needs 2 CPs (thus battalion/bought CP) to be good.

I agree that I am very tired of seeing every theory-craft around here being built around him, but he doesn't need 2 CPs to be good, +3 to charge is good enough on it's own. It turns every 9" deployment into a 6" charge - or from 28% to 72%. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

what do you think about our endless specific spells? Comet seems ok (almost OP) but the other 2? is it worth buying the box?

Hurricanes good for its points. Ive only gotten to use the comet against nurgle and so the effects weren't as astounding as I would of thought

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I agree that I am very tired of seeing every theory-craft around here being built around him, but he doesn't need 2 CPs to be good, +3 to charge is good enough on it's own. It turns every 9" deployment into a 6" charge - or from 28% to 72%. 

I stand corrected. Remembered it wrong as +2.

Okay, so, I'm doing a Escalation league playing SCE and I've got a 2000pt list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Tempest Lords
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Bonds of Noble Duty 
- Artefact: Patrician's Helm 
- Spell: Chain Lightning
- Mount Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Mount Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
- Spell: Stormcaller

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Sequitors (240)
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades

Units
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Terrifying Aspect
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Battalions
Cleansing Phalanx (120)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

We're starting at 500pts, 1 Leader, 1 Battleline, then 250pts a month.

I'm not sure how to break down that list into nice chunks past 750.  Heres what I have so far:

500Pts: LAoGC and 1x10 Sequitors
750pts: +LCoD
1000pts: +1x 10 Sequitors
1250pts: + Comet, + Evocators
1500pts: +Evocators
1750pts: +Phalanx, + Incantor
2000pts: Full list

There's a couple of spots where I have 60pts left over for a given month, I'll likely slot another endless spell in during those months.  I'm open to suggestions on which one.

What do people think?

Edited by RantingBob
Endless spell talk at the end

Im thinking of including 2 balistas into my list. Are they worth there 100 points? Want to use them to hold objectives with 1 unit of Bow Judicators. Do you think they are good for that job? And also i need units to put on the board at the start of the game, so that i can use scions for the most of the rest.

Edited by Erdemo86

13 minutes ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

I've been using a Lord-Ordinator and 4 Ballistas with scions and it is wrecking havoc. Especially alpha striking big monsters or heroes.

Anyone else been having some success with this or are there certain matchups where this is very weak?

I haven't used that many Ballistas yet, but if I were your opponent I would look to deep strike something into that bubble and take it out asap. That's over 25% of your army, if I can engage them and kill the LO while limiting your target selection I'm feeling pretty good. 

As far as the offensive output, I don't think anyone can argue that 4 Ballistas + LO isn't effective. 

21 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Sorry but i wanted to know if 2 balistas without an ordinator are worth there points. Or is it better to put something else in?

I think there may be a place for an MSU list that could benefit from this, I just haven't say down to hash one out yet.  Maybe celestial vindicators based since you can make any small melee unit effective by popping the command ability onto them.  I'll see if I can come up with something.

3 hours ago, Richelieu said:

I think there may be a place for an MSU list that could benefit from this, I just haven't say down to hash one out yet.  Maybe celestial vindicators based since you can make any small melee unit effective by popping the command ability onto them.  I'll see if I can come up with something.

I know a lot of people will hate now because of Gavriel but heres my list: (c&c is welcome)

Hammers of Sigmar

Lord Arkanum on foot

Gaviel Sureheart

Lord Castellant

Knight Heraldor

1x 20 Sequitors

1x 5 Sequitors

1x 5 Judicators

2 x 5 Evocators

2x Celestar Ballista

Everblaze Comet

Quicksilver Sword

Cleansing Phalanx

Total: 2000 points

i think the gameplan is clear.

Alpha Striking with 20 sequitors, Gavriel and Evocators.

Judicators, 5 Sequitors and Balistas for objectives.

Arkanum(staff of focus)+Comet+ Heraldor for MW’s turn 1.

Quicksilver Swords for Spare 20 points.

Edited by Erdemo86

4 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I know a lot of people will hate now because of Gavriel but heres my list (c&c is welcome)

Lord Arkanum on foot

Gaviel Sureheart

Lord Castellant

Knight Heraldor

1x 20 Sequitors

1x 5 Sequitors

1x 5 Judicators

2 x 5 Evocators

2x Celestar Ballista

Everblaze Comet

Quicksilver Sword

Cleansing Phalanx

Total: 2000 points

I would question taking 2 endless spells with only a single 1-spell caster... I would probably try to find the points for another one. Everything else looks good. 

Do people rate 5 Sequitors units as useful beyond camping objectives? With rerolls to hit and wound they should deal decent damage to small-midsized units.

I know 10 would be better, and 20 are preferred as a big hammer.  But I hate 20-strong SCE units (too horde for our super elite army) and I must field two units for Cleansing Phalanx with only 10 Sequitor models.

22 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Do people rate 5 Sequitors units as useful beyond camping objectives? With rerolls to hit and wound they should deal decent damage to small-midsized units.

I know 10 would be better, and 20 are preferred as a big hammer.  But I hate 20-strong SCE units (too horde for our super elite army) and I must field two units for Cleansing Phalanx with only 10 Sequitor models.

I had a unit of 5 sequitors lock up a unit of 30 plaguebearers for almost a whole game.  4+ rerolling saves against 0 rend is powerful.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Do people rate 5 Sequitors units as useful beyond camping objectives?

15 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

I had a unit of 5 sequitors lock up a unit of 30 plaguebearers for almost a whole game.  4+ rerolling saves against 0 rend is powerful.

Also, I had a unit of 5 take the remaining 8 wounds off a Verminlord the other day self-buffed. Opponent was surprised to see my 5 man battleline unit putting out so much hurt, and it pretty much locked up the game. They are just too flexible and cost effective - I would rate units of 5, 10, and 20 very highly.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I would question taking 2 endless spells with only a single 1-spell caster... I would probably try to find the points for another one. Everything else looks good. 

The second endless spell is only because i have 20 spare points and maybe in some games it will do some work against chaos armys. Theres not much other choices for 20 points i think.

also i dont know what to cut for adding in a Incantor. Could cut Castellant or a Ballista  and add in an Archmage but dont know if its worth.

Edited by Erdemo86

6 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

A unit of 5 one shot my megaboss.

After all those, I'm more confortable changing the single 10 strong unit to 2 of five (in the previous list) and also see a "A 5 man Sequitor unit killed Mufasa" meme incoming ?

• Haha 1

I was just messing around with firestrike to see if i could build a decent list to use him in and i think i stumbled upon something pretty nasty:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal (360)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail 
- Artefact: God-forged Blade 
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
20 x Sequitors (400)
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

With the azyros and ordinator dropping from scions with the ballistas you would have 12 shots at 4+ rerolling ones that turn into the d6 shots. Also if you fly over the same target with firestrike you are now hitting on 3+ rerolling ones. I almost think i should just cut the comet and take the fourth ballista for some absolutely nasty shooting. 

Edited by Hoodwizard
Fixed some errors

Sequitors preorder page now up on the NZ store - confirms that there are only four greatmaces in the box, so some conversion will be needed to have them on your Primes too. Looks like there's lots of nice bits in the box, though, and it seems to say that you get enough helmeted and unhelmeted heads to go with all one or all the other if you want

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Stormcast-Eternals-Sequitors-2018

1 hour ago, JudgeFredd said:

Perhaps even with the Thunderhead Brotherhood. A Judicator Crossbow Unit with a Libarator Unit next to them? Any experiences?

the thunderhead brotherhood was nerfed and doesn't give reroll to wound anymore

• Like 1