AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

33 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Speaking of evocators, did you know that French evocators are far more brutals than their UK counterparts?

French translators striked again with absurd rule rewriting which made them throw a number of dices equal to twice the number of enemy models rather than their own unit for the mortal wounds attack. Basically oneshotting 1wound enemy units.

I love them!

I'm french and I never use the french rules. There are always bad translations.

3 hours ago, Wars said:

The Battletome rule was FAQ'ed as I posted earlier. I think it's pretty clear as per the Warscroll and the FAQ that Evocators can only cast a total of four spells.

Which spells other than one from the Lore of Invigoration and Empower can they cast?

EDIT: sorry, i guess you didn't mean in a game, but have access to 4 different spells?

Edited by hughwyeth

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

Which spells other than one from the Lore of Invigoration and Empower can they cast?

EDIT: sorry, i guess you didn't mean in a game, but have access to 4 different spells?

By four total spells, he means the 3 from Lore of Invigoration (Speed of Lightning, Celestial Blades, and Aspect of Terror) and Empower, for 4 total spells :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

By four total spells, he means the 3 from Lore of Invigoration (Speed of Lightning, Celestial Blades, and Aspect of Terror) and Empower, for 4 total spells :)

but only empower can be cast more than once per turn?

1 hour ago, Euphanism said:

Has anyone had any experience with the Lord-Exorcist? I love the model so I'm pretty much painting it for that reason alone, but it seems like a pretty situational unit for 140pts.

I have...

He's not great for his own spell - the range is preposterously low and the casting value means the chances of actually ever doing the thing he is supposed it is minimal. Gorgeous though. I will say, if you have endless spells it makes him a useful user of that because others can use their own actually useful spells for something. Something like starfall could be nice on him too. Plus an extra dispel is not to be sniffed at it. He's not bad, but an Incantor is clearly superior. 

Hi folks, I've noticed that some of the pictures for collected Stormcast sets include special weapon Liberators, but the set seems to be the snap-fit sprues. Can anyone provide a list of which sets have multipart models and which have snap-fits?

37 minutes ago, jaxom said:

Hi folks, I've noticed that some of the pictures for collected Stormcast sets include special weapon Liberators, but the set seems to be the snap-fit sprues. Can anyone provide a list of which sets have multipart models and which have snap-fits?

The multi-part Liberator set is the only one that has all the weapon options. The easy to build liberator box only has hammer and sheilds, and the prime has a hammer and shield.

You can equip your prime with a grandhammer or grandsword, so it's worth it to get the box instead of the easy to build models, unless you just need a couple extra liberators to fill out a squad or something.

Hey all,

I've been playing a Cleansing Phalanx based list, with a 20 block of Sequitors, some Judicators, LAoGC, and the Everblaze Comet. It's been doing alright. I've been getting the Comet shut down by some magic-heavy lists (Nagash, Tzeentch especially) and so I'm growing a bit disenchanted with it and I was thinking of other ways to get consistent massive MW onto the enemy.

I've been thinking of ditching the comet and Judicators and taking Gavriel Sureheart and upping one of the units of Evocators to 10.

LAoGC
Gavriel Sureheart
Castellant
Incantor

20x Sequitors, 5x Sequitors, 5x Sequitors
10x Evocators, 5x Evocators
Cleansing Phalanx

(1940/2000 2 CP)

The idea would be to deepstrike with Lord Sureheart and the 10 Evocators and them only need a 3" to get the charge after using his Command Ability twice. I know screens are the thing but you could wait a turn and peel them away with Sequitors, or worse comes to worse, hit the screen and obliterate it. The 10 (with 5 Staves) and Empower cast on themselves cause so much damage in the games I've played with them (and that's unteleported). And obviously: an average of 10 MW at the end of their phase. If you get lucky you could one-shot a giant enemy model!  But, I would have no shooting whatsoever.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone actually had any success with the much-talked-about Sureheart automatic charge Scions attack? I fear some armies could screen it too easily, but given the MW output coupled with the natural damage potential of buffed Evocators... it seems pretty good. I am very curious if anyone else has tried this?

2 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

The multi-part Liberator set is the only one that has all the weapon options. The easy to build liberator box only has hammer and sheilds, and the prime has a hammer and shield.

You can equip your prime with a grandhammer or grandsword, so it's worth it to get the box instead of the easy to build models, unless you just need a couple extra liberators to fill out a squad or something.

Sorry, I should have tried to be more clear: which collected sets that include Liberators are the multi-part Liberators?

2 hours ago, Galamund said:

given the MW output coupled with the natural damage potential of buffed Evocators... it seems pretty good. I am very curious if anyone else has tried this?

I've been running evocators for a couple weeks now, and they pretty much shred everything they touch. Honest opinion, I see them being one of those units that you just spam in your list and it just completely overpowers anything your enemy throws at you. I feel that they are a bit too points efficient, and that we're going to start seeing "clone" armies pop up soon that are just full of evocator spam. The fact that people aren't talking about this more, imo is because the good players know how potentially "broken" it is, and they are keeping quiet about it hoping they can use it to win with for a longer period of time before it gets hit with some kind of nerf bat.

I might be wrong, but that's what I think. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaxom said:

Sorry, I should have tried to be more clear: which collected sets that include Liberators are the multi-part Liberators?

If the box has liberators with grandhammers or grandblades on the cover, then they will be multi-part models and not the easy to build ones.

20 minutes ago, jaxom said:

The Start Collecting set (but not the thunderstrike brotherhood SC set), the forces of Sigmar bundle, and also the Hammerhal set according to its description.

11 hours ago, kozokus said:

French translators striked again with absurd rule rewriting which made them throw a number of dices equal to twice the number of enemy models rather than their own unit for the mortal wounds attack. Basically oneshotting 1wound enemy units.

No offence, but how can you be comfortable playing them this way when it's obviously an error?

2 hours ago, Roark said:

No offence, but how can you be comfortable playing them this way when it's obviously an error?

To be honest, I don't think anyone is. If any french players look at the english version close enough, they'll probably see the rules error and correct it. Besides that, if it comes up to anyone that actually knows how it works, they'll probably also correct the person. It's mostly just a funny translation error. 

5 hours ago, Roark said:

Kozokus is the last guy i can imagine cheating in any other way. I think he was just pointing the bad translation, even if we had way worse before

Evocators seems completely broken for me ATM.

Imagine that after they have yet send a bunch of high rend wounds, a simple unit of 5 evocator can statically and reliabily add 5 MW, yes 5, and up to 10 if you are a bit lucky. Just for 200 points. And they still are (almost) wizzards. And the FAQ just buffed them. GW will nerf them for sure: roll 2 dice per evocator and get 1 MW per 4+ is completely dumb. It'd be more balanced with only 1 die, not 2 dice.

I'm pretty sure that the SCE armies that are quietly being gathered right now will spam evocators in the next months tourneys...

Edited by GeneralZero

53 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Evocators seems completely broken for me ATM.

Imagine that after they have yet send a bunch of high rend wounds, a simple unit of 5 evocator can statically and reliabily add 5 MW, yes 5, and up to 10 if you are a bit lucky. Just for 200 points. And they still are (almost) wizzards. And the FAQ just buffed them. GW will nerf them for sure: roll 2 dice per evocator and get 1 MW per 4+ is completely dumb. It'd be more balanced with only 1 die, not 2 dice.

I'm pretty sure that the SCE armies that are quietly being gathered right now will spam evocators in the next months tourneys...

For 200 points they are a good unit but not broken. Compare them with other units for 200 and they are almost same. Look at putrid blightkings, the cost 160 points and have 6 wounds more in unit of 5. 

you say if you are lucky you do 10 MW ? Then i say if you are unlucky you do 0!

high rend wounds? -1 rend on swords, and 0 on staffes are high rend wounds for you?

i think there are in a good place now. Fulminators do more damage, have better mobility and are more resilent for 40 points more, are they broken too? I hate saltyness like this. I could bet that you are not a stormcast player and got defeatet by them because you didnt knew how to counter them.

also they are very squishy.

edit: looking on your profile shows you play nighthaunt

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1